Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    walk in 7:2- pm..was easy,safe,was like 10 rows back,could go easily to row 2-3,no pushing,no presure back there at 10th row,space to dance,all great!!
    double check,double wristbands,great job from club and the venue..

Agree. Went in way late. Was fine about 20 rows back, Jeff spot. After delay, ended up dead center about 5th "row". Got to be a few feet away from those lifting up Ed. Great night. Totally fun.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    walk in 7:20- pm..was easy,safe,was like 10 rows back,could go easily to row 2-3,no pushing,no presure back there at 10th row,space to dance,all great!!
    double check,double wristbands,great job from club and the venue..

Agree. Went in way late. Was fine about 20 rows back, Jeff spot. After delay, ended up dead center about 5th "row". Got to be a few feet away from those lifting up Ed. Great night. Totally fun.
    after the delay..i went exactly to the same spot.mike side at the barrier...and next to me was a woman,like 65 year old..maybe more..was rocking at the songs!!that was awesome!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Why not just devise a system where people get a number on a first come first serve basis, and EVERYONE then takes off until half an hour before the doors open.

kinda sounds like seniority or f5....
    How??? I'm talking about the fans making a list where no one has to stay and sit around. I don't understand what you mean.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OK, so, 2 shows in on this current fall tour.....what's it been like? Were there any Adolph Listlers at either or both?
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    OK, so, 2 shows in on this current fall tour.....what's it been like? Were there any Adolph Listlers at either or both?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeX-Wh7_5uk

easy to see how better is GA at a pj show..fuckin party
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yes, that is always sweet. GA definitely rocking and imo the true way to experience them.

But how has the wait been? Are there people controlling lists that allow people to abuse it by coming and going as they please? Are there people doing the "let me just write a number on your arm with this here magic marker" thing?
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I'm just gonna put it out there that I hope there's a list and numbered hands in Dallas so we are free to roam until an hour or so before gates open. That'd be nice.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    I'm just gonna put it out there that I hope there's a list and numbered hands in Dallas so we are free to roam until an hour or so before gates open. That'd be nice.
    That's bullshit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    That's bullshit.

Why is it bullshit? I mean, I'll roll with whatever happens and be happy about it 'cause hey, it's GA.
    I used to belong to the whole line up at 7am and wait all day thing, but if you're free for a few hours that's kinda nice sounding, actually. But oh well. To each his own!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    That's bullshit.

Why is it bullshit? I mean, I'll roll with whatever happens and be happy about it 'cause hey, it's GA.
    I used to belong to the whole line up at 7am and wait all day thing, but if you're free for a few hours that's kinda nice sounding, actually. But oh well. To each his own!
    I think people can enter for GA at every gate at every show on the tour, so I really don't see how a GA line with numbers and a list and everything will do people much good in the end.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Yes, that is always sweet. GA definitely rocking and imo the true way to experience them.

But how has the wait been? Are there people controlling lists that allow people to abuse it by coming and going as they please? Are there people doing the "let me just write a number on your arm with this here magic marker" thing?

They had a "list & numbers" in the line I was at in Buffalo. Don't think they marked anyone past about the first 10 people. I was 15th/20th in line and didn't get a number. Everyone was honest & nice about it around me .. people came and went and were let back in where they had been waiting. . . . but as I said, it meant nothing once you got in past security and they let everyone in up to the gates/ropes where they scanned your ticket. Sure, getting there early allowed you to get to the gates inside the pavillion much more quickly, but it was a bit of a crapshoot.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:

They had a "list & numbers" in the line I was at in Buffalo. Don't think they marked anyone past about the first 10 people. I was 15th/20th in line and didn't get a number. Everyone was honest & nice about it around me .. people came and went and were let back in where they had been waiting. . . . but as I said, it meant nothing once you got in past security and they let everyone in up to the gates/ropes where they scanned your ticket. Sure, getting there early allowed you to get to the gates inside the pavillion much more quickly, but it was a bit of a crapshoot.

question..how u felt during Baba at GA...?? did the energy hit u?? :)
  • Options
    Glad I can roll with whatever. As long as I'm there, close Mike, I'll be a happy camper.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    That's bullshit.

Agreed.

So, you run and touch a spot first, then get to enjoy the day doing no waiting, and are entitled to come strolling in anytime for your saved GA rail experience? Gimme a break. If it's worth the wait, then do the wait the right way. Drop the List, Drop the List....
  • Options
    And as far as this: "I think people can enter for GA at every gate at every show on the tour, so I really don't see how a GA line with numbers and a list and everything will do people much good in the end." Didn't PJ's official Twitter profile just do a tweet for the last show about the designated GA entrance? Whereas the other show before that was any and all entrance free for all, no?
  • Options
    That's bullshit.

Agreed.

So, you run and touch a spot first, then get to enjoy the day doing no waiting, and are entitled to come strolling in anytime for your saved GA rail experience? Gimme a break. If it's worth the wait, then do the wait the right way. Drop the List, Drop the List....
    Why doesn't everyone in the line do that, then no one would feel ripped off. It's like the people in the line simply want to suffer for no reason.
  • Options
    And as far as this: "I think people can enter for GA at every gate at every show on the tour, so I really don't see how a GA line with numbers and a list and everything will do people much good in the end." Didn't PJ's official Twitter profile just do a tweet for the last show about the designated GA entrance? Whereas the other show before that was any and all entrance free for all, no?
    I dunno. Everyone got this info in their final ticket confirmation emails though, and I think most of them say that GA entrance is at every door.
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    edited October 2013
    "Why doesn't everyone in the line do that, then no one would feel ripped off. It's like the people in the line simply want to suffer for no reason.[/quote]"

It's not that they want to suffer, it's that they're waiting in line for something they feel is worth waiting for. The problem becomes when someone waits a long ass time in line, but they don't get the rail because someone else dropped their name on a list and then spent the day doing whatever they want. That's where the unfairness of these lists comes in. If you go touch a wall at 9 am and sign the list, and then spend your day off enjoying yourself, why should you be able to stroll back into the front of the line, in front of others who waited all day, right before gates open?
    Post edited by Mamasan Bren on
  • Options
    "Why doesn't everyone in the line do that, then no one would feel ripped off. It's like the people in the line simply want to suffer for no reason.
    "

It's not that they want to suffer, it's that they're waiting in line for something they feel is worth waiting for. The problem becomes when someone waits a long ass time in line, but they don't get the rail because someone else dropped their name on a list and then spent the day doing whatever they want. That's where the unfairness of these lists comes in. If you go touch a wall at 9 am sign the list, and then spend your day off enjoying yourself, why should you be able to stroll back into the front of the line, in front of others who waited all day, right before gates open?[/quote]

Doesn't make any sense. If there is a possible way to not sit there wasting time in a line, then people - EVERYONE - should do it, not just wait out of principle. There shouldn't be anyone waiting in line, and then there wouldn't be any unfairness. The way it's done now is totally illogical.
  • Options
    just to let some of u to know,i did it in the past,i dont do it now(,even i spent alot of hours,out of the venue,chating with friends,but i dont get number or wait in the line anymore)
    but people in the line having fun
    they chat ,they meet eachother,having a drink,share,help eachother.
    isnt like you are in an airport alone,your flight has a delay and wait 10 hours alone
    ,spenting time with other fans from all over the world .its fuckin unique experience
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    But what's the alternative ?

People want the rail and are prepared to wait for it .

If no one queues all day when are people allowed to turn up ? When doors open ? All that would do is drive the line to a waiting area
  • Options
    just to let some of u to know,i did it in the past,i dont do it now(,even i spent alot of hours,out of the venue,chating with friends,but i dont get number or wait in the line anymore)
    isnt like you are in an airport alone,your flight has a delay and wait 10 hours alone
    ,spenting time with other fans from all over the world .its fuckin unique experience
    Yeah, that's great.... But they could still do that without being stuck in a line up. Easily. And people would have even MORE fun.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

If no one queues all day when are people allowed to turn up ? When doors open ? All that would do is drive the line to a waiting area
    The alternatives have been discussed all throughout this thread, but for some reason there are some people who just ignore all the other good and fair options and keep insisting that people have to wait in line... It's like they love to wait in lines instead of being somewhere else more comfortable and fun to hang out with everyone. Kind of strange!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

The alternatives have been discussed all throughout this thread, but for some reason there are some people who just ignore all the other good and fair options and keep insisting that people have to wait in line... It's like they love to wait in lines instead of being somewhere else more comfortable and fun to hang out with everyone. Kind of strange!

It's true. The alternatives have been mentioned here. The other systems would totally eliminate all of this need to wait and waste your day. But, unfortunately, PJ's current system is one where a person must wait to try to earn their spot on the rail. So, if that's the way it is currently, then it should be done fairly, where one doesn't abuse the waiting in line by simply writing their name on a list. "Hey I was here early! Look, look right here on this list, that's me, that's my name. See, I was once here, then I spent my whole day off doing what I want and you need to make room for me, cuz now I'm back." No way, Jose!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

_+ If this happens,will be dangerous for accident..its safer to be in a control line
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, that's great.... But they could still do that without being stuck in a line up. Easily. And people would have even MORE fun.
    maybe,for others is more fun to party and sleep out of the venue..at europe when they play back to back shows,people from inside the ven=ue,go directly to the live for the next day show.and party all night there..its their choice..
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think people can enter for GA at every gate at every show on the tour, so I really don't see how a GA line with numbers and a list and everything will do people much good in the end.

I had GA last night in Worcester. There was only one door that all GA folks had to use.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I had GA last night in Worcester. There was only one door that all GA folks had to use.
    thats the right and only way to do it
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

It's true. The alternatives have been mentioned here. The other systems would totally eliminate all of this need to wait and waste your day. But, unfortunately, PJ's current system is one where a person must wait to try to earn their spot on the rail. So, if that's the way it is currently, then it should be done fairly, where one doesn't abuse the waiting in line by simply writing their name on a list. "Hey I was here early! Look, look right here on this list, that's me, that's my name. See, I was once here, then I spent my whole day off doing what I want and you need to make room for me, cuz now I'm back." No way, Jose!
    Well, now that most of the venues have GA entry at every gate, I guess PJ has worked out a system to eliminate the need for a line, or has added the need for 10 different lines. :lol: Option #1 seems better to me. ;)
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

thats the right and only way to do it
    I guess it's going to be the wrong and other way to do it for most people though.... Unless PJ is changing their minds?? If so, then I expect to see an email from 10C.