Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Here is an email that I received from 10C this past Tuesday at 2:59 pm. So it appears GA folks were being told by 10C to only enter the Worcester venue through this one door.

Update! The venue has just moved the GA door to venue Door #16. All other ticket holders will enter through the main doors. The box office will instruct you on which direction to go after you pick your tickets up. Apologies for the last minute change.

Thanks,
    10club
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Yefa wrote:
    Here is an email that I received from 10C this past Tuesday at 2:59 pm. So it appears GA folks were being told by 10C to only enter the Worcester venue through this one door.

Update! The venue has just moved the GA door to venue Door #16. All other ticket holders will enter through the main doors. The box office will instruct you on which direction to go after you pick your tickets up. Apologies for the last minute change.

Thanks,
    10club
    Okay, so they got this email.... and then what if people were entering through other doors? The venue fucked up? Or was that story not true?
    More sounds like it's up to the venue here???? That seems weird.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    For Philly, I'm gonna get to the venue when the doors open and enter at the door with the smallest line. This seems obvious to me. I'm gonna get as close to the stage as possible and wait. If someone comes up to me, flashes a number on their hand, and tells me their entitled to my spot; I'm gonna tell them I don't recognize their arbitrary rule that they had no authority to set up in the first place. If they continue to pester me, I'll tell them to fuck off. :D
    6/03/06 Continental Airlines II East Rutherford, NJ
    6/25/08 MSG II New York, NY
    9/02/2012 Made in America Philly, PA
    10/21/13 Wells Fargo Center I GA Philly, PA
    10/22/13 Wells Fargo Center II GA Philly, PA
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Yefa wrote:

Thanks,
    10club

Where does it say that GA holders couldn't enter in any other door? Oh wait, it doesn't.

PS Again, that was a "venue" policy and not that of the 10C.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    FYI for the 2 Worcester shows they "told" GA to enter through door 16(but you could enter in any door you wanted). By the time I entered night 1 at around 7:30 there were huge lines to get in at the other doors and nobody at the GA door so I entered there. Night 2 at around the same time was much easier to enter into any door in the area as there were less people in general at the gig.

PS You could get floor access from both sides and from a number of the sections on the first concourse, the smart play if one were trying to bypass "the list/line/sharpie numbers :fp: " would have been to enter one of the other doors promptly at 630pm and thus jump a number of people in the GA "line".

The only problem that if you waited until 6:30, the GA line would be already inside, as we were let in at 6:05.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    pulling69 wrote:
    FYI for the 2 Worcester shows they "told" GA to enter through door 16(but you could enter in any door you wanted). By the time I entered night 1 at around 7:30 there were huge lines to get in at the other doors and nobody at the GA door so I entered there. Night 2 at around the same time was much easier to enter into any door in the area as there were less people in general at the gig.

PS You could get floor access from both sides and from a number of the sections on the first concourse, the smart play if one were trying to bypass "the list/line/sharpie numbers :fp: " would have been to enter one of the other doors promptly at 630pm and thus jump a number of people in the GA "line".

The only problem that if you waited until 6:30, the GA line would be already inside, as we were let in at 6:05.

All 500-1000 people? Nope.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yefa wrote:

Thanks,
    10club
    Okay, so they got this email.... and then what if people were entering through other doors? The venue fucked up? Or was that story not true?

I don't know if GA folks also entered through other doors. I had reserved for night 1 and GA for last night. I went through door 16 last night but didn't line up very long at all.
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yefa wrote:

Thanks,
    10club

I don't know if GA folks also entered through other doors. I had reserved for night 1 and GA for last night. I went through door 16 last night but didn't line up very long at all.
    Okay.... so GA can enter through any door.... Great. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    Yefa wrote:

Thanks,
    10club

Where does it say that GA holders couldn't enter in any other door? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Doesn't "the GA door" state that there is only ONE GA door? "All other ticket holders" - i.e. - non-GA - go through the main doors.
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

All 500-1000 people? Nope.

Everyone who was in line was inside before 6:30.
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:
    Yefa wrote:

Thanks,
    10club

Doesn't "the GA door" state that there is only ONE GA door? "All other ticket holders" - i.e. - non-GA - go through the main doors.
    I guess they just meant that's where the useless line up would be. :lol:
    10C is really bad for being very unclear when explaining things.
  • Options
    All I can say is that I was on the floor both nights in Worcester and we were let in at 6:05 both nights.

I'm sure you could wait until 6:30 to get in if that's what you preferred.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    just to let some of u to know,i did it in the past,i dont do it now(,even i spent alot of hours,out of the venue,chating with friends,but i dont get number or wait in the line anymore)
    but people in the line having fun
    they chat ,they meet eachother,having a drink,share,help eachother.
    isnt like you are in an airport alone,your flight has a delay and wait 10 hours alone
    ,spenting time with other fans from all over the world .its fuckin unique experience

amen.
    multiple GA entrances is dangerous, not to mention unfair to the people who have waited all day.

have any of you hating on the list ever actually lined up for PJ? there's 1-2 black sheep leaving all day & returning maximum at each show, modt people are respectful, as dimitris says we talk, hang out and get to know each other.
    I don't see why it bothers anyone if people want to queue to get rail...I like to be up close for concerts, and I'm willing to put in the necessary effort..does not affect your show experience in any way if you're not aiming for the front.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Kathi wrote:
    just to let some of u to know,i did it in the past,i dont do it now(,even i spent alot of hours,out of the venue,chating with friends,but i dont get number or wait in the line anymore)
    but people in the line having fun
    they chat ,they meet eachother,having a drink,share,help eachother.
    isnt like you are in an airport alone,your flight has a delay and wait 10 hours alone
    ,spenting time with other fans from all over the world .its fuckin unique experience

amen.
    multiple GA entrances is dangerous, not to mention unfair to the people who have waited all day.

have any of you hating on the list ever actually lined up for PJ? there's 1-2 black sheep leaving all day & returning maximum at each show, modt people are respectful, as dimitris says we talk, hang out and get to know each other.
    I don't see why it bothers anyone if people want to queue to get rail...I like to be up close for concerts, and I'm willing to put in the necessary effort..does not affect your show experience in any way if you're not aiming for the front.
    I don't understand why you think people entering multiple doors is dangerous. They all have to go in the doors one at a time, getting their tix scanned and their bags checked, etc. It's not like there would be a stampede at every door. Entrance at every gate is the opposite of dangerous. Safer than one gate, actually.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    The only thing I would caution someone who thinks that they'll just enter at any entrance when there's another notice about the designated GA entrance, would be if they did that double wristband thing like they did at Wrigley. You go in the correct designated GA entrance that's specified and they might do the marker on the ticket, and extra wristband thing. So, potentially you could go into an entrance, and on down to the floor to show your wristband and ticket for GA, and they could say you need that second wristband that is back at the designated entrance, screwing any extra advantage you thought you had. Not saying this was done yet on this tour, but would caution one trying it if there's another 10 Club email or tweet about a designated GA entrance. The email message posted previously was the one I was referring to earlier that I had seen in an official PJ tweet.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    I've seen way more than just one or two black sheep. Plus, again, where's the cutoff. Some abuse by being gone all day. others for 3 hours, others for hour and a half etc. all due to their claim to be on "the list". It's definitely worth waiting to earn a close up spot. But the list and it's chosen enforcers just isn't fair.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    I don't care at all if people want to line because they think it will help them get closer. I do care if someone feels entitled to someones spot because they have a number on their hand or they didn't see the guy in line. Everyones GA ticket is the same, no one has an assigned spot.

YOU CANNOT ENFORCE A RULE THAT YOU NEVER HAD THE AUTHORITY TO CREATE!!!

How do people not understand this?
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    I don't care at all if people want to line because they think it will help them get closer. I do care if someone feels entitled to someones spot because they have a number on their hand or they didn't see the guy in line. Everyones GA ticket is the same, no one has an assigned spot.

Hey just to let you know, you are sort of missing the point. It's not about your spot once in. They do the list and the writing of numbers on hands for the wait part outside the venue. And by "they", I don't mean the venue people (though sometimes they get reeled into the deal by the Adolph Listlers), I just mean the fans that feel they are in charge having arrive first to set up their own system and rules. Then, as the whole point of this thread, they go off and enjoy their day rather than putting in the work it takes in waiting out.
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:

Hey just to let you know, you are sort of missing the points. It's not about your spot once in. They do the list and the writing of numbers on hands for the wait part outside the venue.

I understand how it works and I think its lame that people leave for three hours and assume their place back in line. But I'll be arriving when doors open so I don't care what people decide to do outside the venue. What I'm saying is once inside you cant tell someone your entitled to their spot because you're part of some unofficial system.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    CanNotStay wrote:

^^^^^^ Amen.

If I could pick one thread to delete from the boards it would be this one hands down. The foul stench of entitlement is overpowering.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:
    CanNotStay wrote:

^^^^^^ Amen.

If I could pick one thread to delete from the boards it would be this one hands down. The foul stench of entitlement is overpowering.

Yeah its nauseating to think of a fan that somehow manages to land a nice spot in GA, and is really happy about their spot, to subsequently be harassed by a pack of rabid, entitled fans. These "Listers" work in a group mentality and its pure fascism.
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    CanNotStay wrote:

^^^^^^ Amen.

Yeah its nauseating to think of a fan that somehow manages to land a nice spot in GA, and is really happy about their spot, to subsequently be harassed by a pack of rabid, entitled fans. These "Listers" work in a group mentality and its pure fascism.

That was me yesterday... the harasee that is. After I waited in line all day to boot. I took the high road.
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    You should EARN the rail, by suffering in line for many hours. It's a time honored tradition that must not be changed.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Lukinz wrote:
    You should EARN the rail, by suffering in line for many hours. It's a time honored tradition that must not be changed.

yep
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    Re: THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Unread postby on2legs » 17 Oct 2013 19:16

CanNotStay wrote:I don't care at all if people want to line because they think it will help them get closer. I do care if someone feels entitled to someones spot because they have a number on their hand or they didn't see the guy in line. Everyones GA ticket is the same, no one has an assigned spot.

^^^^^^ Amen.

= RIGHT ON THE MONEY

AMEN: When you are in GA PIT equals "Wherever I may ROAM"....go where you want, everyone have FUN, they are not going to bring you onstage like Courtney Cox in a Bruce video :lol:

shut this down :corn:
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    ^^^^^^ Amen.

That was me yesterday... the harasee that is. After I waited in line all day to boot. I took the high road.

Thats sad man, I dont know if I would be able to be as continent as you. My blood would be boiling.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    pure fascism. love it

on2legs wrote:^^^^^^ Amen.

• 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    Lukinz wrote:

yep

"Here, Here!"
  • Options
    Lukinz wrote:
    Agreed
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    Yefa wrote:
    Lukinz wrote:
    Agreed
    I thought Lukinz was being sarcastic.... no?