Options

Thank you very much..PAID

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    STAYSEA wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

ah its not just me then!!

i wondered if Staysea was from overseas maybe and English wasnt a first language. If so then respect for having a second language, if not.....im always baffled.

Thank You pdalowsky! What a lovely compliment.

It was genuine.

If you were not an english speaker I would applaud anyone trying their best to get a command of that language - due to it being universally used.

I know for a fact if this board for example was a Spanish board I wouldnt have a chance of posting here.

However if english is your first language, i was just commenting that I rarely understand your posts. No harm in that.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    pdalowsky wrote:

It was genuine.

If you were not an English speaker I would applaud anyone trying their best to get a command of that language - due to it being universally used.

I know for a fact if this board for example was a Spanish board I wouldn't have a chance of posting here.

However if English is your first language, i was just commenting that I rarely understand your posts. No harm in that.

It's fine. No harm done.

Me gustaría que entendía a español con más fluidez. Algunas personas en este foro encuentran entretenido para hacerle una broma pesada de mí. Algunos días tomar la broma y algunos días creo que no es gracioso. Comprendí lo que estaba pasando un poco y tuve varios mensajes al mismo tiempo. No quiero confundirte. Por favor acepte mis condolencias. Publicar en Español Si quieres. Tengo un traductor. Tenemos un gran día!
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Staysea- Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I just never understand what you are talking about
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Staysea, I think reading your posts is like watching your stream of consciousness flow... I don't think anybody here is referring to your use of language when they say they don't understand you. It's the stream of consciousness thing that is sometimes hard to follow :)

I hope everyone has a fine 1st of May. And I hope things will get resolved in the matter of this thread so that everybody ends up happy.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Staysea, I think reading your posts is like watching your stream of consciousness flow... I don't think anybody here is referring to your use of language when they say they don't understand you. It's the stream of consciousness thing that is sometimes hard to follow :)

I hope everyone has a fine 1st of May. And I hope things will get resolved in the matter of this thread so that everybody ends up happy.

I hope everyone ends up happy too.

I wrote the other post in Spanish to prove a point.
    Please don't read my posts if they are confusing. :)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    this whole thread is a trip
    etmstare.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    STAYSEA wrote:
    81 wrote:

texas

Illinois, Thank You so much.

that explains it all :P :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    pdalowsky wrote:

But as far as the OP is concerned I would give him much credit for the way he has conducted this, perfectly civil, and well toned, and very reasonable indeed. Hats off - and its members like that who will I sincerely hope keep lost dogs alive and well. .
    FrankBauer wrote:
    OP did handle this in a good way.

I think what made this so bad for you Don is folks are owed things from you, (money, posters, records etc) and they see and here about you out at the EV shows & flying to MT. Buying shit loads of merch at the MT show, but not coming through on deals and things that you owe from way back. I feel for your family situation but before I'd be out and about at PJ functions I would have cleared up my debts to those that trusted you.

i think those 3 posts speak the logic and make sense about the whole situation..
    good luck to Don with his family and heallth issues and good luck to Glen and the people that need and deserve to gets their money or stuff,or whatever was the deal...
    i hope this whole ends up with the right way..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    81 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I think the best part of this thread (other than the fact that, as always, honest and open communication along the way would have avoided most of the problem) is that we discovered 81 and Staysea are neighbors!

(I applaud the op for his restraint.)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    STAYSEA wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:
    And i thought i was burnt out from all the weed i smoked back in the day......i couldn't imagine how much she smoked back in the day as well!!! :D

Juddoz80, Wow, I thank you also for that analysis.
    I wasnt meani.g to bash you at all....i just wanted to lighten up the mood in this thread with a joke!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

I think the best part of this thread (other than the fact that, as always, honest and open communication along the way would have avoided most of the problem) is that we discovered 81 and Staysea are neighbors!

(I applaud the op for his restraint.)

pretty sure she lives in texas now...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    so everything that needs to be shipped has been shipped, or funds have been refunded?

right?

right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    so everything that needs to be shipped has been shipped, or funds have been refunded?

right?

right?
    ZnqQ5.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,452
    Not on my end.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    wow...send them there stuff or money
    enough with your excuses
    ajb
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:

right?

right?
    ZnqQ5.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:

Where do you find these?
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    I have told Don he can pay me just after the 15 of may, he said he was waiting for some check, I've waited this long what's another two weeks, I'm sure he will do the right thing now. Has he made contact with the other parties he owes? I sure hope so
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    I have told Don he can pay me just after the 15 of may, he said he was waiting for some check, I've waited this long what's another two weeks, I'm sure he will do the right thing now. Has he made contact with the other parties he owes? I sure hope so
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    And to think I wanted so badly to get on that list...

Commandment number 1...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Commandment number 1...
    That list needs to be destroyed.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    dwhite76 wrote:
    You know I swear to God Im not proud this has happened and I tell you If not for my family needing me to be there Id be history.

whoa...!!!! slow down lad.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,629

Commandment number 1...

Perhaps someone else should take over the editing duties for the A+ buyers/sellers/traders thread (I volunteer if someone better can't be found) but generally speaking that list is an invaluable resource that's documented hundreds of successful transactions here and could hopefully continue to do so.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Perhaps someone else should take over the editing duties for the A+ buyers/sellers/traders thread (I volunteer if someone better can't be found) but generally speaking that list is an invaluable resource that's documented hundreds of successful transactions here and could hopefully continue to do so.

I think you would be a great choice.

Now I think the rest of us should move away from this wreck and get on with our lives. This kind of thread might have value in policing ourselves, but for the most part is has been a snapshot of the human condition that we should not be so proud of. No wonder this place is dead...

To those that are involved, I wish you all well. I hope that the items in question and the deals are taken care of. I think the OP handled it as best possible, and I commend you on your civility throughout the ordeal. That goes for some of the others that were similarly effected.

The rest of 'us' that chimed in and cast that first stone, when we had no dog in the fight, should learn to use a little more restraint and empathy.

Peace
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,588
    I just read this thread...so the guy that runs the best seller/trader list doesn't hold up his own deals? :fp: I think we've seen it all now. Can this forum get any lower? Guess I've been lucky with not having any issues on here in the past...feel for those who have to go through this crap.
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    This thread is behind boston2puke as the best thread on the forums. What does fhp mean? Staysea confuses the fuck out of everyone, myself included. Dwhite doesnt have family, but he has a wife and three kids. I feel bad for all involved. Glad you guys talked it out.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited June 2013
    100 Pacer wrote:

Commandment number 1...

Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    100 Pacer wrote:

Commandment number 1...

you got my vote Pacer....you should take over the list it has helped lots here despite all this BS going on lately
    ajb
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    :roll:

I keep my own list.
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    A member on here sold/traded me a pair of EV tickets to Phoenix show. She asked me if I wanted a refund for the reschedule. I said NO the tix were for my kids. We showed up with the tickets and they were no good (etix) they said they were refunded.

I contacted her. She answered a month later and said sorry she refunded got a refund for the wrong pair and will make good on it. That was back in December. I havent heard since. I would never out some one or put thier personal hardship matters on hear. Hey thats me.

why would you not follow up on that? and i would call her out too if she didn't make good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :roll:

I keep my own list.

yup...glad i don't collect anything but memories

i just don't get it.

this all started a year ago? right?

yet, thru all the pain and hardship, people were able to travel from AZ to Missioula, MT without issue? People were able to go to the bar in MT? people were able to hang out in a GA line starting at 9am.

sorry, but i hate seeing people get ripped off. to me, it's no better than letting a "friend" in your house, only to wake up the next day and find valuables gone.

maybe a little harsh. i dunno
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.