Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    sisyphe wrote:
    Why don't we extend this meeting a little. It's friggin June when we're gathering - let's hit the great outdoors of London before going to a dark and dingy pub for the night! One of the nice parks (Hyde, St. James'...)will surely accommodate us for a nice picnic of rhum, beer and sun, eh?

I'm sure the parks can accommodate us, but you won't get much chance of weather nice enough for a picnic much before June anyway!!!!!!!
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    is anyboby staying at the Ibis near the Arena by any chance?
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    is anyboby staying at the Ibis near the Arena by any chance?
    There seems to be a few... have you booked it? There's a lot of us staying in the travellodge in Farringdon
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    There seems to be a few... have you booked it? There's a lot of us staying in the travellodge in Farringdon

I've booked in Ibis, yes! is the Travelodge close to it?
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I like the sound of that :) can that be done in London? I'm pretty sure they close the Dublin parks at night.

they close the parks in London too. but in summer at least it's not until the sun goes down - and Regents park is certainly open until 8:00-8:30pm as there're loads of softball and football leagues play there after work.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain Hyde Park is open from very early morning until midnight .. remember someone saying that at the meetup we had there ages ago but it should still be the same.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    I've booked in Ibis, yes! is the Travelodge close to it?
    No, the travelodge is at kings cross... they just seem to be the main places people are staying.

Ah jrd, I'd misunderstood the whole park thing, now I see he/she was suggesting we go there BEFORE the pub, I thought the suggestion was for AFTER the pub :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Think it depends on the park but think most of the Royal Parks are open 'til either dusk (so in June pretty late) or midnight and think Green Park doesn't close at all.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    That picnic sounds like a good idea... and if the rain hit us, we can always run to a pub somewhere ;)
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    wheres the cheap scotch at
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    wheres the cheap scotch at

He's on the train down to London for tomorrow's meet-up :)

*budum tish*
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats bloody classic

so is this a pub or picnic deal? picnic = cheaper drinks, cheaper food.

but meh i dont care as long as a shite load turn up. i cant be stuffed reading the entire thread though eh
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'll just be there, wherever "there" is :D

And I'll be staying in Notting Hill, cause that's where my english aunt lives
    although I'll probably miss the last tube there, and won't be bothered to take a bus, so I might end up sleeping in a bench in a park :p
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    im gonna try an get down there myself, im staying at the Holiday Inn in wembley, so i dont know if its gonna be a trek or not to get into london,

a picnic or open space would be awesome, like a beer garden if its a nice day, but im up for whatever if theres drink involved :) i was planning on bringing drink down to london anyway
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    Hmmm.. who ever is coming by plane: DUTY FREE FOR DRINKS! :o
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I don't think I'll actually get to this meetup - I'll be flying in from Austria on Sunday, I think... I'm not really too sure! WOO!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    that would be a great idea...and/or a major european charity. :)

btw - are you in the same ten that is playing the manhattan boat cruise gig april 28th? if so, definitely see you then! either way, see you out and about in london.

as i said earlier, i think perhaps a show the day after? b/c many of us will still be around. night before simply an epic piss-up...and just gearing up for live pearl jam.....night of the concert, after seeing pearl jam...therte is nothing else for me. :p hahaha.

hopefully some locals can give you some info/feedback! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I don't think I'll actually get to this meetup - I'll be flying in from Austria on Sunday, I think... I'm not really too sure! WOO!

i just saw this?
    so?
    the meet won't be until the evening..i think. i mean sure, if people want to gather together earlier, i'm in! as i'll be there since friday...but the big piss-up...at the place in the first post, that evening..so you can make it! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    i just saw this?
    so?
    the meet won't be until the evening..i think. i mean sure, if people want to gather together earlier, i'm in! as i'll be there since friday...but the big piss-up...at the place in the first post, that evening..so you can make it! :D

sounds like I don't have a choice :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Jennytree wrote:

You don't :p
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

of course ya do...but why would you ever want to miss an evening out with a bunch of your fave jammers....new and old friends alike? :p seems a no-brainer 'choice' to me. :D

anyhoo....if anyone would like to plan up something for earlier in the day as well, i'm game. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    anyhoo....if anyone would like to plan up something for earlier in the day as well, i'm game. :)

Helen and I will be meeting somewhere as soon as we're both off planes and into the city... we'll keep you in the loop.... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Helen and I will be meeting somewhere as soon as we're both off planes and into the city... we'll keep you in the loop.... :)
    :) Yip, I think we're meeting somewhere around 11 or 11.30... would you like to meet us somewhere too D2D? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'll be in London the 16th evening... give us a shout! :D
  • Options
    :)!!
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    I'll be in London the 16th evening... give us a shout! :D

i'll be in London tomorrow, going to work... :(

just bumping...
  • Options
    I'm flying in from Belfast on the sunday, i'd love to meet with as many jammers as possible but i know i'll be so fuckin' skint i'll not be goin too far from my hotel (the Euro Wembly). I've got my brothers stagg weekend straight after this trip (he's going to the gig aswell!), then i'm takin my wife and babies to the sun for a fortnight the week after that! I've been warned by the good lady to keep spends to a minimum! so i guess wer'e goin make our own craiq at the euro! feel free to join us!
  • Options
    When i booked the Euro Wembley i read a review from a guy who stayed there for a George Michael show (yeah i know, each to their own!) and he said that after the gig in the hotel bar the staff brought out a little stereo and they all had a bit of a sing along, i thought it sounded like my type of place that and the fact it was 45 quid for two nights!! ........anyone have any idea what time people will start queing on the monday?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    :) Yip, I think we're meeting somewhere around 11 or 11.30... would you like to meet us somewhere too D2D? :D

yeesh...just saw this! :p hahaha. yes, of course....although i will say, i don't want to spend the day in the pub. :p hahaha. i actually want to *do* something sunday, go see something, a museum, whatever. we will have plenty of drinking in the vening, so yea...it's been far too long since i've last visited london...want to go out and about a bit. so hopefully we can get something fun going. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    viviflu wrote:
    Hmmm.. who ever is coming by plane: DUTY FREE FOR DRINKS! :o
    Question about duty free grog- when I cross European borders within the EU, can I still get duty free grog as I go from one place to the next, whether it's by land or air?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110