Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
***MORE UPDATES!***
see below...time for meet-up 6 pm, and an additional bar for the late night! :cool:

we need to set this up! sunday night, night before the gig...a great kick off, in homage of verona ;)...and even better! so you londoners out there...get thinking! we need a place that is open LATE...can accommodate our large crowd....easy to get to......and just great fun!

we need the pre-party of pre-parties! :D and sure...we need a post-show party too! :p right now though....we need the big one first! yes, plenty of time...but just thought i'd get it out there!

i can/will update info as it arises...so londoners.....set up up! :)

*****UPDATE.....Waxy O'Connor's.....UPDATE!!!!!*****

so here it is, THE meet-up spot for sunday!
sisyphe wrote:
I'd be glad to meet jammers from around the globe.

How about meeting at Waxy O'Connor?

http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/index.asp

It's very centrallylocated, BIG (numerous bars) and they've good craic (if I remember correctly...alcohol might have something to do with the fun) :D

meet at waxy's at 6 pm!

afterwards:
dunkman wrote:
http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4321097&postcount=107

quote from A1*

Just go to AKA Bar near Tottenham Court Road. It's cool and open until 5am on Sundays.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_Pubbar_61.html

how organized....got the most important detail set 4.5 months in advance...where to meet up and DRINK with fellow jammers from around the globe. :cool:

i am glad we all have our priorities straight. :D

ALL set! gonna be a BLAST! :D
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oooh I'm in I'm in! But don't know London really....
  • Options
    we need to set this up! sunday night, night before the gig...a great kick off, in homage of verona ;)...and even better! so you londoners out there...get thinking! we need a place that is open LATE...can accommodate our large crowd....easy to get to......and just great fun!

we need the pre-party of pre-parties! :D and sure...we need a post-show party too! :p right now though....we need the big one first! yes, plenty of time...but just thought i'd get it out there!

i can/will update info as it arises...so londoners.....set up up! :)
    Well we don't 'NEED' to set it up yet... although I suppose there IS only 5 months left :eek: ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well we don't 'NEED' to set it up yet... although I suppose there IS only 5 months left :eek: ;)

4 months 17 days actually ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    msuthymsuthy Posts: 18
    I'm going to try and see Muse the night before at Wembley Stadium.

Would be great to meet up with the Pearl Jam fans afterwards though.
  • Options
    I'm definitely up for a meet... although if it rains like the Verona it better be indoors ;)
    Not from London myself, but I've been there enough times, and know a few folks down there... I'll have a bit of a web-mooch and see if I can find some ideas.
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Hopefully I will be able to make it there the night before
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Going for seats in the public sale (whenever that might be!)
    I can see this show selling out in minutes, so wish me heaps of luck !

I'll be in London that weekend to see Muse on the Saturday anyway so I might drop by even if I don't get a ticket ..
    "pit of the stomach nausea starting just at the thought!" :eek: aaargh !!!
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Im in. The night before is a better idea, yeah, since lost of us will be lining up
    in the 18th. So I suggest the afterparty on after the show,
    wherever it may be :D:p

Id love to help but I dont know London at all, Im a virgin, hehe.
    But you can count on my crazy talk, drinking and being loud as hell :D

Oh yeah, not only Croatian in the house also ;)
    There will be quite a few of us. Just look for the flag if nothing else helps to recognize us :p:D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options

no, not right now...i just want to get the londoners thinking. :p
    and damn, time will fly..you know it!

i know many, even if they hit up the vienna festival...will be in london on sunday, so it seems good. i know we'll al be queueing up on monday, so no party there except on the queue. :D perhaps an after-party? but i STILL think it would be great fun to have a real, blowout preparty....so yea! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    4 months 17 days actually ;)
    Lookin foward to PJ announcing T In The Park? :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options

i know many, even if they hit up the vienna festival...will be in london on sunday

yes that would be me for example, and its not so easy, so either i can go to novarock with my all package to london aswell (where i will spend a couple of days:)), or just go straigh to this party from the airport :)
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Lookin foward to PJ announcing T In The Park? :D

yes... and i have located the thorax :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I am soo confused by this post lol

Dublin 08/06
  • Options

isn't it in a dr. seuss book? :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Hey folks, looks like London is gonna be a biggie. I am from the north (of England) and am not too familiar with the city and potential places for a pre/post show party but have some good friends down there so I will ask them for some suggestions. Definately a meet up on the evening of the 17th should be done - bit of an ETB reunion me thinks, plus hundreds more PJ fans - awesome. Can't wait to get back on the road!!
  • Options
    woooohoooo!

this is all going to be a blast!
    and yes, i'll just throw out there...anyone with an extra ticket to nijmegen, do please let me know. london, dusseldorf and nijmegen.....what a trip!

soooooo looking forward to seeing you all again, and meeting up with all those i missed out on before! and now it seems i may get to meet buru too?! it just gets better and better. hell, i am missing the actual date of my 15th wedding anniversary for this tour - celebrate before i leave ;) - so yea...need to make it worth it! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Binaural wrote:
    I am soo confused by this post lol

check out my thread about "if PJ play T in the Park then i'll stab someone in the thorax"

its a happy little thread :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    check out my thread about "if PJ play T in the Park then i'll stab someone in the thorax"

its a happy little thread :)

Ahhhh...hmmm well then....Ummm you can't stab me because....MY THORAX IS FILLED WITH MILLIONS OF KILLER BEES!!!
    (Don't suppose you bought that story?):D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    No show at the party for me, but I'll be hitting the venue early, so may look at trying to find a boozer near by.
    7387 // "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." // 28-02-92 / Astoria 06-92 Cancelled / 14-07-93 / 29-10-96 / 30-05-00 / 20-04-06 / 27-08-06 / 18-06-07 / 18-08-09 / 25-06-10
  • Options
    gregmac666 wrote:
    No show at the party for me, but I'll be hitting the venue early, so may look at trying to find a boozer near by.

awww too bad, can't make it sunday? how will we all buy you those promised pints? so you MUST show! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    My best mate offered me a ticket to Muse at Wembley the night before, but I passed.. would much rather be getting drunkard with fellow Jamheads! :D
  • Options
    My best mate offered me a ticket to Muse at Wembley the night before, but I passed.. would much rather be getting drunkard with fellow Jamheads! :D

you just made tops of my list for cool jammers with their priorities straight! yay you! you KNOW it's worth it! :D:D:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Still haven't found anywhere close... s'pose there's always the borderline, but it's a bit of a trek from Wembley
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options

Now that's what I like to hear!!!! That is so awesome, I am going to buy you a brew.

I am in for the London Pre-Party and Post-Party!! Can't wait. Munich, Katowice, London!!!

Just let me know where and when. Not sure where I am staying in London, but as I recall the tube can get me just about anywhere.

If there's a big concert at Wembley Sunday night, will it be more difficult to get there with all the people? Maybe we should meet somewhere other than the Wembley area??

Gee, can you tell that I live in LA... man, I hate traffic. (-;
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Now that's what I like to hear!!!! That is so awesome, I am going to buy you a brew.

I am in for the London Pre-Party and Post-Party!! Can't wait. Munich, Katowice, London!!!

Just let me know where and when. Not sure where I am staying in London, but as I recall the tube can get me just about anywhere.

If there's a big concert at Wembley Sunday night, will it be more difficult to get there with all the people? Maybe we should meet somewhere other than the Wembley area??

Gee, can you tell that I live in LA... man, I hate traffic. (-;

we won't meet at wembley...more than likely a centrally located, easily accessible pub. :) it WILL be a blast! :cool:

post-gig party, i would think? maybe close to wembley...but what do i know? i haven't been back in the UK in 15+ years...i can't wait!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

I wouldn't have thought personally, that there would have been much choice between the two ;)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    we won't meet at wembley...more than likely a centrally located, easily accessible pub. :) it WILL be a blast! :cool:

post-gig party, i would think? maybe close to wembley...but what do i know? i haven't been back in the UK in 15+ years...i can't wait!

Perfect! I think the Wishlist Foundation is planning an "official PJ Pre-party" for Munich, maybe they'll do the same in London???

Either way, it's going to be great. Just keep us posted, we'll be there!

Can't wait!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    you name the time and the place and i'm there.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options

It's very centrallylocated, BIG (numerous bars) and they've good craic (if I remember correctly...alcohol might have something to do with the fun) :D
    I'm questioning my education
    Rewind and what does it show?
    Could be, the truth it becomes you
    I'm a seed, wondering why it grows

Stockholm '00
    Paris '06
    London '07
  • Options
    sisyphe wrote:

Looks like an good place.
    Plenty of room (and the Bakerloo line goes right to the place I'm staying :D)
    Don't know what they charge for drinks, but using the food/wine as a guide it's not pricey, especially for central London.
    I like the tree room! :cool:
    ♥ ♪ ♪