Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hinny wrote:
    Question about duty free grog- when I cross European borders within the EU, can I still get duty free grog as I go from one place to the next, whether it's by land or air?

As far as I'm aware there is no duty free between EU countries, the drink is just cheaper... I've travelled and I'm still confused!

Anyway... this might help...

http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk/dutyfree.html
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Question about duty free grog- when I cross European borders within the EU, can I still get duty free grog as I go from one place to the next, whether it's by land or air?
    Sadly, no. Alright for Viviflu though, as she is in Switzerland, which is not the EU and therefore no restrictions!
  • Options
    Liverpool? How are we going to make it all the way up to Liverpool?! Especially since the only PJ tribute band in England is about to disband...
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Jennytree wrote:
    As far as I'm aware there is no duty free between EU countries, the drink is just cheaper... I've travelled and I'm still confused![/url]
    Bah! Guess something had to go wrong eventually.

Hmm. Do I want 2 bottles of baileys/kahlua, or just the 1 bottle of vodka?

Mmmmmmmm, vodka.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    yeesh...just saw this! :p hahaha. yes, of course....although i will say, i don't want to spend the day in the pub. :p hahaha. i actually want to *do* something sunday, go see something, a museum, whatever. we will have plenty of drinking in the vening, so yea...it's been far too long since i've last visited london...want to go out and about a bit. so hopefully we can get something fun going. :)
    Um... fun in a museum? :confused: Is there a bar? Museums aren't really my kinda thing but I'm sure I could make an exception for the better good :) unless we think of something better? :) Maybe we could come up with a more inventive way of drinking that doesn't involve going to the pub? The park idea was a good one... we could walk around the park getting drunk, touristy and drink, two birds!!!! Nah, lol, I don't mind, I've been to London several times and can get drunk anytime so if everyone wants to do something else, I'm game. There are outdoorsy stuff along the river though? I did a boat trip the last time and it was quite nice and pretty cheap too... or the London eye or something?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Um... fun in a museum? :confused: Is there a bar? Museums aren't really my kinda thing but I'm sure I could make an exception for the better good :) unless we think of something better? :) Maybe we could come up with a more inventive way of drinking that doesn't involve going to the pub? The park idea was a good one... we could walk around the park getting drunk, touristy and drink, two birds!!!! Nah, lol, I don't mind, I've been to London several times and can get drunk anytime so if everyone wants to do something else, I'm game. There are outdoorsy stuff along the river though? I did a boat trip the last time and it was quite nice and pretty cheap too... or the London eye or something?

ok then... i'll meet you all in the pub later on that sunday :)

i dont get in till 3-ish anyway, so ill go to hotel and what not and then head to the pub for 6pm... is that the internationally agreed pub time meet thingy
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ok then... i'll meet you all in the pub later on that sunday :)

i dont get in till 3-ish anyway, so ill go to hotel and what not and then head to the pub for 6pm... is that the internationally agreed pub time meet thingy
    6pm? I dunno dunk, it's 3 and a half months away, I can barely decide what I'll be doing tomorrow :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I've always wanted to get on some boat, floating along somewhere on the Thames, and belt out London Calling.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I've always wanted to get on some boat, floating along somewhere on the Thames, and belt out London Calling.
    :D well now your dream can come true.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

well obviously i AM a museum sort......art is my passion after all. well ok, sex, then art. ;) hahaha. anyhoo..doesn't have to be a museum, just something fun, out and about. and yes, i lived in london for 3 sememsters, so i have *seen* everything...but things do change, and i just like to enjoy a city's vibe too. so absolutely, something outdoorsy would be great!

i would be useless if all i do is drink all day and night. bleh. but hey, no worries....i have no issues going off on my own...company would be nice, but not necessary.....so yea...we'll work it out. :)

so yea, i agree with dunk...we can all meet up say 6ish if we desire, if we don't get together earlier. at some point i have to leave reds and move on to barb's, hahaha....all thes different sofa's to surf! :p

but yes, it's alll about pacing myself. sunday night will be *the* night for getting my drunk on, and don't want to peak too early, ruins the fun. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    well ok, sex, .
    i have no issues going off on my own...company would be nice, but not necessary.....

I'm sure something could be arranged... :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I'm sure something could be arranged... :D
    I choose not to become involved with this :eek: Hope you don't mind?
  • Options
    I choose not to become involved with this :eek: Hope you don't mind?
    I wasn't gonna be involved either...! Shame... maybe you and D2D could make a nice pair!
  • Options
    well obviously i AM a museum sort......art is my passion after all. well ok, sex, then art. ;) hahaha. anyhoo..doesn't have to be a museum, just something fun, out and about. and yes, i lived in london for 3 sememsters, so i have *seen* everything...but things do change, and i just like to enjoy a city's vibe too. so absolutely, something outdoorsy would be great!

i would be useless if all i do is drink all day and night. bleh. but hey, no worries....i have no issues going off on my own...company would be nice, but not necessary.....so yea...we'll work it out. :)

so yea, i agree with dunk...we can all meet up say 6ish if we desire, if we don't get together earlier. at some point i have to leave reds and move on to barb's, hahaha....all thes different sofa's to surf! :p

but yes, it's alll about pacing myself. sunday night will be *the* night for getting my drunk on, and don't want to peak too early, ruins the fun. :D
    well like I said I don't mind either way. I can go to London almost anytime, you can't really so I'm happy with whatever... I just think it may be too far away at the moment :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    helen,

u goin with ryaniar to gatwick or stansted?? cheap-ish

or aer lingus to heathrow??? more expensive but no trains/taxis etc?
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    helen,

u goin with ryaniar to gatwick or stansted?? cheap-ish

or aer lingus to heathrow??? more expensive but no trains/taxis etc?
    ooohh... stansted I think it is. I got it for 2cents return :D which of course ended up about 65 euro or something :rolleyes: where you going?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    maybe you and D2D could make a nice pair!

of shoes? gloves for monkeys? helmets for siamese kamikaze pilots!!! cmon the suspense is killing me!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001

hey girls!

just thought i'd pipe up and let you know that i am BOTH a museum girl, and a drinking girl, so i'm up for anything! i'm easy... (so to speak) ;):o

Helen and I just thought we'd start off with some celebratory beers for our arrival in London, and then, who knows what... the intent wasn't to stay at the pub all day! boat cruise on the Thames sounds awesome!! Didn't do that last time i was there! :cool:

D2D, don't forget that we have all day the 19th, and most of the 20th for sightseeing too... we can go do some geeky art gallery stuff after the others have gone home... ;):D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Use your imagination ;)
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Oooh so can't wait for this :D Not so long now is it! :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    hey girls!

just thought i'd pipe up and let you know that i am BOTH a museum girl, and a drinking girl, so i'm up for anything! i'm easy... (so to speak) ;):o

Helen and I just thought we'd start off with some celebratory beers for our arrival in London, and then, who knows what... the intent wasn't to stay at the pub all day! boat cruise on the Thames sounds awesome!! Didn't do that last time i was there! :cool:

D2D, don't forget that we have all day the 19th, and most of the 20th for sightseeing too... we can go do some geeky art gallery stuff after the others have gone home... ;):D

nothing geeky about museums Civ... i was in london recently and did a few of them... the best one was the Museum of Museums... it was all about the history of Museums, how they started, etc... quite fascinating
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    ooohh... stansted I think it is. I got it for 2cents return :D which of course ended up about 65 euro or something :rolleyes: where you going?

unsure yet?!!

alot easier to get into city via heathrow.....tho more expensive!!

its the missus 21st on the 16th.....so leavin on the 17th is prob a no no due
    to hangover hell!! so hope to get out early on the 18th!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    nothing geeky about museums Civ... i was in london recently and did a few of them... the best one was the Museum of Museums... it was all about the history of Museums, how they started, etc... quite fascinating

That sounds fascinat.....*drifts off into sleep*

;):p

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    That sounds fascinat.....*drifts off into sleep*

;):p

i'm more fascinated that you actually believed there is such a thing as Museum of Museums :p:D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm more fascinated that you actually believed there is such a thing as Museum of Museums :p:D
    That's what we call London!

EDIT: Superb sig there Dunk! :D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

I don't know who is being more ironic :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    hey girls!

cool, well I do NOT mind at all... we'll just see closer to the time who's doing what! It says a lot for you two that I WOULD put myself through a couple of hours in a museum :eek: I've been to the Uffizzi and the Louvre... BORIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Well myself and my mate get to Heathrow about 4ish and we wil be heading for the pub after dropping the bags at the hotel.Is their a fully confirmed meet up place and time?
    3 magical nights in The Point:
    26th October 1996
    1st June 2000
    23rd August 2006

And a craicing weekend in London
    18th June 2007
    Wembly 18th June 2007
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Yep.
    And nope.

See page 1 of this thread - there's a venue but no definite time yet, people will be arriving at different times through the day so if you get there too early you might miss the queue the next day... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Right. I know it's months away and not much point discussing it now, but what'll be the plan for 10 or whatever time Waxy's closes? Or are we just going to rely on Keith to take us somewhere? :confused: