london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Well myself and my mate get to Heathrow about 4ish and we wil be heading for the pub after dropping the bags at the hotel.Is their a fully confirmed meet up place and time?

LOL. You clearly don't know us guys very well. We aren't the most organised people on this planet you know ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    LOL. You clearly don't know us guys very well. We aren't the most organised people on this planet you know ;):D
    :D What an understatement :D

Anyway need I remind people it's still over three months away :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Im not overly organised myself so i was hoping to just follow the leader really! I am really looking forward to these few days tho,all us mental Jammers in the one place.So its lookin like Waxys then? Have all us Irish got sorted with somewhere to stay? Anybody else flying over on the 13:40 Aer Lingus flight from Dublin? If so we could have a few scoops in the Airport too!!
    3 magical nights in The Point:
    26th October 1996
    1st June 2000
    23rd August 2006

And a craicing weekend in London
    18th June 2007
    Wembly 18th June 2007
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

hey now...i started this thread what, 4.5 months before the gig? i'd say that's bloody well organized. :p and hey, we've got the place all picked, just need to set the time. seems most are in agreement with 6pm, so yea...whatever....done.

however, if this place is so huge...how do we find each other? i realize many of you already have met, but for those who haven't....what to do? let's make a plan.......:D

*edit - 5.5 months in advance! priorities! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    hey now...i started this thread what, 4.5 months before the gig? i'd say that's bloody well organized. :p and hey, we've got the place all picked, just need to set the time. seems most are in agreement with 6pm, so yea...whatever....done.

however, if this place is so huge...how do we find each other? i realize many of you already have met, but for those who haven't....what to do? let's make a plan.......:D

*edit - 5.5 months in advance! priorities! :cool:

I think most people just scream and attack anyone they see wearing anything PJ related. We have a keen eye for that sort of thing ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    audiodave wrote:
    I think most people just scream and attack anyone they see wearing anything PJ related. We have a keen eye for that sort of thing ;)

well i never wear anything pearl jam related...except my little badges. although i do normally travel with barbara on my arm, so i guess that's enough of a pj tipoff, eh? :p

btw - i also was simply asking for the more 'shy' members who may not feel at all comfortable approaching someone simply b/c they have some pj attire on. obviously, not my personal issue as anyone who has met me can attest :o....just thought i'd put it out there so ALL would be comfy AND find each other! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    well anybody coming along who doesn't know anybody else... it's probably advisable to get the number of at least one person definintely going.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    well anybody coming along who doesn't know anybody else... it's probably advisable to get the number of at least one person definintely going.

... and check the blog so they will recognise a few faces ... know that's what I did for the Astoria meet up ... walk in and look for a familiar face :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    audiodave wrote:

Ahaha I did that in Dublin! :o:D

Poor guy wasn't even someone on the pit so I think he thought I was totally crazy :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Poor guy wasn't even someone on the pit so I think he thought I was totally crazy :D

...and that would be wrong because......? ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    bump for the fact its 12 weeks and 6 days to go... also i'm getting a kilt ordered to wear on the Sunday night... :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Less than 3 months to go people....

Is June ever going to get here?

I really don't know if I can wait! New countries to visit, good music to jam to, new people to meet!

Can you tell I'm getting a little anxious?
    dunkman wrote:
    bump for the fact its 12 weeks and 6 days to go... also i'm getting a kilt ordered to wear on the Sunday night... :cool:

AWESOME!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i will be flying back from venice on the sunday of the meetup.
    flight gets into stanstead at 10.55am, frezh from a few days of music there!
    mid afternoon would be earlyist i could make anything!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    mid afternoon would be earlyist i could make anything!

think its a 5.30pm-6pm meet up time anyway.. although there might be some keen nutters ready to go out earlier.... i would you know, but i'll be on a train sipping a bottle of red :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    also i'm getting a kilt ordered to wear on the Sunday night... :cool:

ooooOOOOOoooooo Dunk.......... :D:D:D:D:D:D You know how I feel about kilted men!!!! :D:D:D:D Now.. Neil should also be there.... Woohooo!!!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    ooooOOOOOoooooo Dunk.......... :D:D:D:D:D:D You know how I feel about kilted men!!!! :D:D:D:D Now.. Neil should also be there.... Woohooo!!!!!!

didnt think Neil was going to make London? has he changed his plans?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:

Yes he does ... it's all part of his plan to attract his MILF :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    dunkman wrote:
    think its a 5.30pm-6pm meet up time anyway.. although there might be some keen nutters ready to go out earlier.... i would you know, but i'll be on a train sipping a bottle of red :)

good, gives me some time to sort out my shit after a few eeeks on the road...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

dunkman wrote:
    didnt think Neil was going to make London? has he changed his plans?

I seem to remember he said he got the Wembley tickets 'by accident' or something?
    Chime wrote:

I do like a kilt! :D:D:D Don't know why... but that is a WHOLE different thread (if ever I was to start one on that - which I won't)....
    redrock wrote:
    I do like a kilt! :D:D:D Don't know why... but that is a WHOLE different thread (if ever I was to start one on that - which I won't)....

ahhhh go on and start it... surely it wont create as much furore as my "embarrassment" thread... i'll rename it as "the word that shall not be spoken thread"
    Chime wrote:

i bet it works as well ... *makes a lion paw thingy* rrraaarrrhhhhhh
    Chime wrote:

i think mrs dunk might have a few words to say about this...
    or has she ok'd it dunk?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

i think mrs dunk might have a few words to say about this...
    or has she ok'd it dunk?

erm.. yes of course

we have an open relationship... my mouth, her legs... that joke belonged in the 70's... when pies were hairy and men were androgynous :)
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

(a) you mean you don't already have one? i thought you were Scottish...
    (b) Ladies (etc) bring your magnifying glasses...

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:
    erm.. yes of course

we have an open relationship... my mouth, her legs... that joke belonged in the 70's... when pies were hairy and men were androgynous :)

:eek:

secret to a happy marriage right there! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Bump
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
    7 weeks today??? i'm shit at working those out
  • dunkman wrote:
    7 weeks today??? i'm shit at working those out
    So this time in seven weeks we'll be.....

a)in a queue
    b)in a pub
    c)in a tube carriage
    d)in a grave

Only four options.