Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Byrnzie wrote:
    That's not a bad idea. The place is huge so it will accomodate all of us. And it is indeed central, and the price of the beer isn't completely extortionate if memory serves.
    but:
    Sunday
    12.00pm - 10.30pm (Bank Holidays 12am)
    :(
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Don't pity them Sandra... they've all been offered beds/floor space... they're too posh..... ;)
    even Helen :eek:?

like your sig btw :D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    can't believe people like Dunk, Helen or Jenny are booking hotels?

oh we've been offered but for £13 a night i get my own double bed, towels, shower when i want, etc!!! i dont have to bring down sleeping bags/quilts/etc

i'm very grateful for the offers from the others but i'll need to get home on the Tuesday and Farringdon is 10min walk from Euston Station and it just makes it a bit easier for me :o but i totally appreciate that people would put us up!!!

and imagine calling Scots and Irish posh!!! :D best joke i've heard since i posted my sean connery or B&Q joke :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pegasus wrote:
    but: :(

10 fucking 30!!!

surely there will be something else open later than that!!! although this pub could be a great starting off point couldnt it? if some of the less 'hardcore' decide to leave early then the rest of us could carry on elsewhere?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    oh we've been offered but for £13 a night i get my own double bed, towels, shower when i want, etc!!! i dont have to bring down sleeping bags/quilts/etc

i'm very grateful for the offers from the others but i'll need to get home on the Tuesday and Farringdon is 10min walk from Euston Station and it just makes it a bit easier for me :o but i totally appreciate that people would put us up!!!

and imagine calling Scots and Irish posh!!! :D best joke i've heard since i posted my sean connery or B&Q joke :cool:

What he said!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Don't pity them Sandra... they've all been offered beds/floor space... they're too posh..... ;)
    :D Nah, it's not that... well maybe a little bit :o but you all seem pretty full up and the travelodge (which I'VE BOOKED YAYYYYYYYYYY :):) ) is soooo cheap, with three people for two nights would only be about 23euro each or something, it's ridiculous...

But thank you for all the offers, I don't mean to be rude :o but I thought you'd have enough problems without the Irish invasion :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    even Helen :eek:?
    :mad:

:p:p:p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    10 fucking 30!!!

surely there will be something else open later than that!!! although this pub could be a great starting off point couldnt it? if some of the less 'hardcore' decide to leave early then the rest of us could carry on elsewhere?

True!

Edit: How about a virtual tour to get yerselves somewhat aquainted prior to actually visiting said drinking establishment? :confused:

*Yes please Mr Byrnzie! Yes please say us!*

Oh, alright then. Here ya are.. http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/vtourf6.asp

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Haven't been to Waxy's for years! If I remember it right, it's a bit like the library from The Name Of The Rose... f*cking staircases going off in every direction, after a couple of beers you can get lost on the way back from the loo!

Don't think you'll find (m)any pubs open after 10:30 on a Sunday. Camden used to have a few that you had to pay to get into but I haven't been up there for a while...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    True!

Edit: How about a virtual tour to get yerselves somewhat aquainted prior to actually visiting said drinking establishment? :confused:

*Yes please Mr Byrnzie! Yes please say us!*

Oh, alright then. Here ya are.. http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/vtourf6.asp

:rolleyes:

Thank you Mr. Byrnzie.... Pink room for V!
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    You guys! I thought swiss people are the most organized.. but woaw! a drinking party organized 5 months in advance... AWSOM! :D
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    viviflu wrote:
    You guys! I thought swiss people are the most organized.. but woaw! a drinking party organized 5 months in advance... AWSOM! :D

That's coz it involves drink. :)
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    that pub looks frickin epic!!

how late is it open?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/

Opening Times
    Monday - Wednesday
    12.00pm - 11.00pm

Thursday
    12.00pm - 11.30pm

Friday & Saturday
    12.00pm - Midnight

Sunday
    12.00pm - 10.30pm (Bank Holidays 12am)

Dress Code is Smart Casual

Admission Free
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    :D Nah, it's not that... well maybe a little bit :o but you all seem pretty full up and the travelodge (which I'VE BOOKED YAYYYYYYYYYY :):) ) is soooo cheap, with three people for two nights would only be about 23euro each or something, it's ridiculous...

But thank you for all the offers, I don't mean to be rude :o but I thought you'd have enough problems without the Irish invasion :D

don't forget me, Helen!! :eek:

if you're still looking to fill up a room, i'm in!! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    closes at 10.30pm??? thats mental.

culture shock after being used to scotland
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    we need to set this up! sunday night, night before the gig...a great kick off, in homage of verona ;)...and even better! so you londoners out there...get thinking! we need a place that is open LATE...can accommodate our large crowd....easy to get to......and just great fun!

I don;t reallly drink, but count me in.....
  • Options
    ]I don;t reallly drink[/B], but count me in.....
    :eek: so what did you call that in Barcelona !! seemed pretty drunk to me when I bumped into you on Las Ramblas!
  • Options
    On the contrary - we had drank barcelona dry and couldn't find an open rock bar... it was about 4am - and the whole place seemed to have been taken over by techno... that was a very sober night... now Verona on the other hand!!!
  • Options
    I don;t reallly drink, but count me in.....

Stop! You're killing me!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    What??? I'm just a naturally clumsy.... very happy person...
  • Options
    That you may be Neil, not saying it's not true.... but.... not drinking... a scotsman... you!!!!!! (there we go.. just wet myself laughing again!) :D:D
  • Options
    On the contrary - we had drank barcelona dry and couldn't find an open rock bar... it was about 4am - and the whole place seemed to have been taken over by techno... that was a very sober night... now Verona on the other hand!!!
    there seems to be a slight problem with those 2 in the same phrase..
    And it was 3am and you were in search of a new place to drink when I bumped into you :)
  • Options
    don't forget me, Helen!! :eek:

if you're still looking to fill up a room, i'm in!! :D
    PM Sent :):):) It's yours.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    that was a very sober night... now Verona on the other hand!!!
    Hahahahaha... I'd love to hear ANYONE try and claim they were sober in Verona :D:D:D:D:D Shame I don't have a picture of you trying to sleep on the footpath outside the pub to prove it :D

Are you two staying in the Farringdon Travelodge too?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Are you two staying in the Farringdon Travelodge too?

To be honest I've not really thought much through yet. Fraser is beyond skint... he still owes me for all tickets, travel, accomodation and BEER from the last tour. He's just started a new job, so life is beginnning to get back on track, but he won't really know what he can get for holidays etc for a few weeks, then we can start planning things a little. I have two 10C tickets for Wembly, so I'll be there, but I don't know who'll be there with me. I think Fraser will definately be in Nijmegen(I bought 4 tickets). I have one ticket for Copenhagen and one for Munich(GA standing)... I'm in Vienna and Madrid at the times of the festivals, but I donlt know if I'll have the energy to fit festivals in around work(Hence sleeping in Gutters at 4am cos you;ve been working all week while attending lots of PJ shows).... Then add some possible Smashing Pumpkins dates, Possibly a Chris Cornell date or two, maybe some Rage Against the machine..... is it really any surprise I drink :)!!!!!
  • Options
    :D:D Oh dear... I've no idea what your point was :D

It was just a simple question, a simple 'well I don't really know what I'm doing yet' reply would have sufficed :p

Oh Damien, Barbara & Maria are looking for spare Nijmegen tickets if you have any?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D:D Oh dear... I've no idea what your point was :D

It was just a simple question, a simple 'well I don't really know what I'm doing yet' reply would have sufficed :p

Oh Damien, Barbara & Maria are looking for spare Nijmegen tickets if you have any?

Well I'm truly sorry...Miss "It was just a general Ostrich Oriented day".... I can't always be as concise and meaningful as you :) I was in writing mode... I'm working... wired on coffee and listening to nine inch nails... the words just flow...
  • Options
    Well I'm truly sorry...Miss "It was just a general Ostrich Oriented day".... I can't always be as concise and meaningful as you :) I was in writing mode... I'm working... wired on coffee and listening to nine inch nails... the words just flow...
    :D Oh ya HAD to bring that up, didn't ya? :D Well, after lunch I'm booking a Copenhagen hostel, 4 bed ensuite for me, Jenny, Damien and Barry if he wants it. It's 30 euro a night or something... I'll let ya know the details of that one if ya want?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D Oh ya HAD to bring that up, didn't ya? :D Well, after lunch I'm booking a Copenhagen hostel, 4 bed ensuite for me, Jenny, Damien and Barry if he wants it. It's 30 euro a night or something... I'll let ya know the details of that one if ya want?

Sounds good... I'll book up as soon as I can... post details.

There are still Nijmegen tickets available from ticketmaster if Barbara et al want them... I couldn't get 10C tickets.. If it's the same set up as when I saw AIC and G n' R in Goffert Park, it will be one big standing area - festival style, so the only advantage in being 10C is getting in first to stand at the barrier... and if there are four bands or whatever... thats a long wait without a pee....