Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Jeanwah wrote:
    One thing about 24 hour news: because they are constantly attempting to update this story that's taken over the "news", most of what they report is unofficial. In other words, speculation, not facts.
    Very true. People should remember this.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    the wolf wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    One thing about 24 hour news: because they are constantly attempting to update this story that's taken over the "news", most of what they report is unofficial. In other words, speculation, not facts.
    Very true. People should remember this.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i read here at the news,about a book?Heartbreak Hill ?that alot of things happened there was a book written at 2002?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    i read here at the news,about a book?Heartbreak Hill ?that alot of things happened there was a book written at 2002?

This here?

http://www.amazon.com/Heartbreak-Hill-B ... 0595227139

Never heard of it before. The real Heartbreak Hill is a series of hills in the final quarter of the race. The heartbreak comes from so many runners being broken by them and being unable to meet their time goals or sometimes even able to finish at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    That's a bit dramatic. Nobody I've ever met would take to the streets and start crushing brown people. Sure there were isolated incidents after 9-11, but I don't believe it was a widespread thing

obviously it's not a widespread thing but is one incident ok? ... 10? ... knowing the information is already speculative - it just serves no purpose ... i've yet to hear one valid reason why that info is important to anyone except law enforcement ... especially knowing that most reports have been erroneous ...

The current population of the US is 313,914,040

10 incidents isn't exactly widespread.

Don't act like you walk around not seeing the color of people's skin. The American public has good reason to think that Middle East terror could possibly be involved. That stereotype isn't unfounded.

Does the stereotype come from the fact that when you meddle in the Middle East there may be some blow back?

Aside from the spetacular display on 911. How many others have been perpetrated by people from your stereotype compared to normal WHITE Americans? May have to reinvent who you should be stereotyping. If you know what I mean.

And really.......how many middle easterns have used actual bombs???????

Paranoid android. :?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I could have missed something, but who is stereotyping people from the middle east?? I don't think that thinking some fanatic from the ME could possibly be a culprit for a terror bombing in the US is stereotyping, and it's not like people wouldn't be thinking it if the media didn't mention it.... If fact, if the media tried to pretend that the possibility of it being an Islamic terrorist wasn't a factor worth mentioning, they'd look like idiots.

pending verification of story ...

they turned a flight around because two guys who looked like they were from the middle east were aboard a flight and talking to each other in a foreign language ... police took these guys off the flight and questioned them ... if that's cool to you ... so be it ... i personally think its abhorrent ...

but it's o.k if TSA body searches young kids and business travelers holding them till they miss their flight ?

a few years back I took my sister n law to the SD airport , she has cerabellium degeneration (spelling) and couldent even move her wheel chair on her own but TSA pulled her out of the line to search her...so really I don't care much if a couple middle eastern guys where pulled off a flight for questioning espically after the bombing in Boston.

Godfather.
    Jeanwah wrote:

even FOX NEWS ? :lol: sorry Jeanwah I just had to say it. :lol:

Godfather.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    g under p wrote:
    Do These Pictures Show The Boston Bomber?

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e34645.htm

These pictures should lead to some kind of an arrest.

Peace

they showed the one guy in blue saying his backpack was missing ... then a few photos below you see a closeup and you can clearly see the strap which is kinda evident in the first picture ...

i guess posting these kinds of pictures on the internet are ok? ... seeing if one of these guys gets beaten up - it's a small price to pay ...
    Yes, because in a population of 300+ million, we've had a handful of bad racial incidents, that makes us all racists or people who support or condone racism.

broad_brush.jpg

Because, "it's cool to us"

While I'm adding pictures:
    get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

well ... i guess it really is my fault ... hoping to have an open and honest discussion about something and expecting some form of reason ...

my point was simply that in the aftermath of this incident - there is a lot of anger ... there are people who are already angry ... and there are people who want justice now ... like i KEPT REPEATING but everyone chose to ignore - I asked - what good does the information do, especially knowing its speculative? ... all it does is give people who are blood-thirsty a target ... we know those incidents happen and this is why the FBI themselves issued a statement asking people to not report erroneous pieces of information because of those incidents ... if people think that a few people getting harassed, profile, beaten up is ok ... so be it ... it is my belief that is counter to the supposed value system americans supposedly have ...

the above quoted response by me was clearly sarcastic in nature in response to a sarcastic response ... claiming that i am saying everyone in the US is racist or condones racism clearly shows a lack of critical thinking here ... it's absurdity at its finest ...
    JimmyV wrote:

This here?

http://www.amazon.com/Heartbreak-Hill-B ... 0595227139

Never heard of it before. The real Heartbreak Hill is a series of hills in the final quarter of the race. The heartbreak comes from so many runners being broken by them and being unable to meet their time goals or sometimes even able to finish at all.
    yep,,this one,,the news here said at this book alot of things are written ,are similar with the attack..
    i dont know their source,if took this from American newspaper,but was at latest news about Boston Attack(i read daily a greek sport website and in the end of the first page they have links to politics and world news.)
    polaris_x wrote:
    Yes, because in a population of 300+ million, we've had a handful of bad racial incidents, that makes us all racists or people who support or condone racism.

broad_brush.jpg

Because, "it's cool to us"

While I'm adding pictures:
    get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

well ... i guess it really is my fault ... hoping to have an open and honest discussion about something and expecting some form of reason ...

my point was simply that in the aftermath of this incident - there is a lot of anger ... there are people who are already angry ... and there are people who want justice now ... like i KEPT REPEATING but everyone chose to ignore - I asked - what good does the information do, especially knowing its speculative? ... all it does is give people who are blood-thirsty a target ... we know those incidents happen and this is why the FBI themselves issued a statement asking people to not report erroneous pieces of information because of those incidents ... if people think that a few people getting harassed, profile, beaten up is ok ... so be it ... it is my belief that is counter to the supposed value system americans supposedly have ...

the above quoted response by me was clearly sarcastic in nature in response to a sarcastic response ... claiming that i am saying everyone in the US is racist or condones racism clearly shows a lack of critical thinking here ... it's absurdity at its finest ...

A prejudice against Americans is still a prejudice. You proved pretty definitively in your posts yesterday that you harbor one, all the while accusing others of racism. That is not OK, and that is not "hoping to have an open and honest discussion about something and expecting some form of reason."

JimmyV wrote:
    A prejudice against Americans is still a prejudice. You proved pretty definitively in your posts yesterday that you harbor one, all the while accusing others of racism. That is not OK, and that is not "hoping to have an open and honest discussion about something and expecting some form of reason."

show me my prejudice
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

show me my prejudice

I quoted you yesterday:
    polaris_x wrote:

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most americans could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had people beating up any "brown" people they could find ...

If someone said

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most brown people could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had brown people beating up any "white" people they could find ...

I'm betting you would be amongst the first accusing them of racism. And you would be right to. So what does that say about what you posted yesterday?

:lol: another one,oh man this just tooo funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Godfather.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Godfather. wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Godfather.

Yep, and FOX NEWS is the worst, Godfather! :lol:
    JimmyV wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

show me my prejudice

I quoted you yesterday:
    polaris_x wrote:

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most americans could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had people beating up any "brown" people they could find ...

If someone said

noo ... people cannot identify accents ... most brown people could not find iraq on a map when asked to ...

this is a country that after 9/11 had brown people beating up any "white" people they could find ...

I'm betting you would be amongst the first accusing them of racism. And you would be right to. So what does that say about what you posted yesterday?

haha ... are you serious? ... you are clearly taking what are factual statements and projecting prejudice ... someone else even posted that most americans couldn't find kansas on a map ... is anything i wrote factually incorrect? ... if they are - prove it ...
    Godfather. wrote:
    but it's o.k if TSA body searches young kids and business travelers holding them till they miss their flight ?

a few years back I took my sister n law to the SD airport , she has cerabellium degeneration (spelling) and couldent even move her wheel chair on her own but TSA pulled her out of the line to search her...so really I don't care much if a couple middle eastern guys where pulled off a flight for questioning espically after the bombing in Boston.

Godfather.

hey ... i'm not a fan of the TSA but that's neither here nor there ...

so, before any facts come out ... any evidence ... all people that remotely look middle eastern are subject to questioning? ... do you believe in civil liberties? ... is that not one of the pillars of american values? ...
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Godfather.

Yep, and FOX NEWS is the worst, Godfather! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: awesome !!!

Godfather.
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

I quoted you yesterday:
    polaris_x wrote:

If someone said

haha ... are you serious? ... you are clearly taking what are factual statements and projecting prejudice ... someone else even posted that most americans couldn't find kansas on a map ... is anything i wrote factually incorrect? ... if they are - prove it ...

No, I'm really not projecting anything. I think your words spoke pretty clearly for themselves.

After yesterday it is probably best to see it before we believe it, but...

"Authorities have clear video images of two separate suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings carrying black bags at each explosion site and are planning to release the images today in an appeal for the public’s help in identifying the men, according to an official briefed on the case."

polaris_x wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

hey ... i'm not a fan of the TSA but that's neither here nor there ...

so, before any facts come out ... any evidence ... all people that remotely look middle eastern are subject to questioning? ... do you believe in civil liberties? ... is that not one of the pillars of american values? ...

I guess what I'm getting is that sense 911 this TSA deal has targeted less middle easterners and more Americans(judging by personal experiance and media coverage) and this all started in defense of what happened on 9-11 and it was done by muslim taliban people, it just seems that TSA has no idea what to look for or this politically correct bullcrap has hindered their job so when a middle easterner is surched or asked to step off the plane people start screaming racism-profiling , search everybody fairly.

Godfather.
    JimmyV wrote:
    No, I'm really not projecting anything. I think your words spoke pretty clearly for themselves.

so ... you can't prove it ...

listen - i think i read you are in Boston and work close to the area ... i'm sorry if my posts seem insensitive to you but the reality is that they do speak for themselves ... and if my concern for civil liberties is outweighed by your nationalistic sensitivities - that's just the way it is ...
    Godfather. wrote:
    I guess what I'm getting is that sense 911 this TSA deal has targeted less middle easterners and more Americans(judging by personal experiance and media coverage) and this all started in defense of what happened on 9-11 and it was done by muslim taliban people, it just seems that TSA has no idea what to look for or this politically correct bullcrap has hindered their job so when a middle easterner is surched or asked to step off the plane people start screaming racism-profiling , search everybody fairly.

Godfather.

soo ... you are blaming muslim taliban people for your lack of civil liberties? ... timothy mcveigh was a domestic homegrown terrorist ... why don't you blame him for pat downs in gov't buildings? ...

and you do know that NONE of the suspects associated with 9/11 were taliban right?
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

so ... you can't prove it ...

listen - i think i read you are in Boston and work close to the area ... i'm sorry if my posts seem insensitive to you but the reality is that they do speak for themselves ... and if my concern for civil liberties is outweighed by your nationalistic sensitivities - that's just the way it is ...

I am in Boston and this does hit home, but that is not why I take exception with what you said. You are evading my point a little bit. Are you saying that if someone on the train posted what you posted, only they were talking about "brown people" and not Americans, that you would not think that was done out of a racial prejudice? Isn't that just a little hypocritical?

And your weren't posting facts. You posted one study that indicated 6 out of 10 Americans from one particular demographic could not find Iraq on a map. That does not qualify as a majority of Americans. We are not all bloodthirsty morons looking to beat on "brown" people, regardless of what you may believe.

JimmyV wrote:
    I am in Boston and this does hit home, but that is not why I take exception with what you said. You are evading my point a little bit. Are you saying that if someone on the train posted what you posted, only they were talking about "brown people" and not Americans, that you would not think that was done out of a racial prejudice? Isn't that just a little hypocritical?

And your weren't posting facts. You posted one study that indicated 6 out of 10 Americans from one particular demographic could not find Iraq on a map. That does not qualify as a majority of Americans. We are not all bloodthirsty morons looking to beat on "brown" people, regardless of what you may believe.

firstly, even if i were to consider america a race (which i do not) ... it is still factually correct ... i can point you to more studies ... and again - others on here have corroborated and are not shocked by that finding ... secondly, if you could prove that "brown people" could not find iraq on a map then no - it is not racist ... it might be racially insensitive ... just because you don't like hearing a fact doesn't make it prejudice and it definitely does not make it racial prejudice when american isn't even a race ...

again - you are projecting ... where did i say that all americans are blood thirsty morons looking to beat up brown people? ... it is my belief that 1 or 10 incidents like this is unjust ... something that others have said they are fine with ...
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,363
    Well, the NY post just implicated these two. Why is it that the NY post looks like a gossip site?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/f ... wmysU42scJ
    Well, the NY post just implicated these two. Why is it that the NY post looks like a gossip site?

It's not????? :o :? ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    NY Post = TMZ
    Jason P wrote:
    NY Post = TMZ

I'm betting TMZ's hit/miss record would be better though.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel

No one else seems to have it yet. Hmmm...skeptical.