Boston Marathon - explosion

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    the wolf wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    NY Post = TMZ

I'm betting TMZ's hit/miss record would be better though.
    probably ... they may be better then Fox and CNN at this point ....

Speaking of which ... if John King worked for Fox News ... I think the outrage thread for what he reported yesterday would be at page 56 right now. :geek:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Well, the NY post just implicated these two. Why is it that the NY post looks like a gossip site?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/f ... wmysU42scJ

is it even the same guy? ... the one in black? ... i don't see the sunglasses in the first picture and it looks like he's wearing a different shirt ... the guy in the crowd looks fit ... the other not so much ...
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    C'mon guys. The NY Post is pretty close to a tabloid at this point. Question EVERYTHING you read!
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    polaris_x wrote:
    Well, the NY post just implicated these two. Why is it that the NY post looks like a gossip site?

is it even the same guy? ... the one in black? ... i don't see the sunglasses in the first picture and it looks like he's wearing a different shirt ... the guy in the crowd looks fit ... the other not so much ...

as hungry as we are for any news I think we should as you have said wait for some creditable updates...and they will come soon enough.

Godfather.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

This was on reddit, so who knows if it's more believable or less believeable than the NY Post, but:

Blue track suit guy's facebook info got out. I won't post it but this guy is not the bomber. His latest facebook post shows him freaking out that he is on tv as the bomber. He said he was going to court to say he didnt do it. Also, he works at a running store which gives further credit to the theory about him having nice running shoes and just being there to spectate.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/findbostonbombe ... d_the_fbi/
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    I am in Boston and this does hit home, but that is not why I take exception with what you said. You are evading my point a little bit. Are you saying that if someone on the train posted what you posted, only they were talking about "brown people" and not Americans, that you would not think that was done out of a racial prejudice? Isn't that just a little hypocritical?

And your weren't posting facts. You posted one study that indicated 6 out of 10 Americans from one particular demographic could not find Iraq on a map. That does not qualify as a majority of Americans. We are not all bloodthirsty morons looking to beat on "brown" people, regardless of what you may believe.

firstly, even if i were to consider america a race (which i do not) ... it is still factually correct ... i can point you to more studies ... and again - others on here have corroborated and are not shocked by that finding ... secondly, if you could prove that "brown people" could not find iraq on a map then no - it is not racist ... it might be racially insensitive ... just because you don't like hearing a fact doesn't make it prejudice and it definitely does not make it racial prejudice when american isn't even a race ...

again - you are projecting ... where did i say that all americans are blood thirsty morons looking to beat up brown people? ... it is my belief that 1 or 10 incidents like this is unjust ... something that others have said they are fine with ...

Listen, we can go back and forth like this all day but doing so is not going to keep this thread on track. I never said you had a racial prejudice, I said you have a prejudice against Americans. I think your words proved that pretty clearly. I used race as an example to show you why. And if someone linked to a study that said 6 out of 10 brown people in a particular demographic were unable to do something, and then touted that as proof that a majority of brown people were unable to do it, I do think you would absolutely say they had a racial prejudice. Yours isn't racial, but a prejudice against Americans is still a prejudice. You were throwing stones from inside a big glass house yesterday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Jason P wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    NY Post = TMZ

Speaking of which ... if John King worked for Fox News ... I think the outrage thread for what he reported yesterday would be at page 56 right now. :geek:

Fox hasen't even posted that picture yet.....they're starting to slip :lol::lol:

Godfather.

This was on reddit, so who knows if it's more believable or less believeable than the NY Post, but:

Blue track suit guy's facebook info got out. I won't post it but this guy is not the bomber. His latest facebook post shows him freaking out that he is on tv as the bomber. He said he was going to court to say he didnt do it. Also, he works at a running store which gives further credit to the theory about him having nice running shoes and just being there to spectate.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/findbostonbombe ... d_the_fbi/

Is it official? If it's not, be wary. I know we're hungry for worthy news, but perhaps stepping back and waiting for facts is the way to go instead.
    Jeanwah wrote:

Is it official? If it's not, be wary. I know we're hungry for worthy news, but perhaps stepping back and waiting for facts is the way to go instead.

Agreed. After yesterday we definitely need to see it before we believe it. And maybe seeing it on the NY Post does not count as seeing it. :D

JimmyV wrote:
    Listen, we can go back and forth like this all day but doing so is not going to keep this thread on track. I never said you had a racial prejudice, I said you have a prejudice against Americans. I think your words proved that pretty clearly. I used race as an example to show you why. And if someone linked to a study that said 6 out of 10 brown people in a particular demographic were unable to do something, and then touted that as proof that a majority of brown people were unable to do it, I do think you would absolutely say they had a racial prejudice. Yours isn't racial, but a prejudice against Americans is still a prejudice. You were throwing stones from inside a big glass house yesterday.

again ... if it is factually correct - how is it a prejudice? ... i'm sorry you don't like what that fact implies and i'm also sorry you are so sensitive to my viewpoints ... feel free to prove anything i wrote wrong ... i will gladly detract ... simple as that ...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    says those two guys are, one, a high school athlete who is a runner who works at a shoe store selling running shoes & the other dude is his running coach
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    middle eastern dudes are fucking jammed up big freakin time. totally unfair & ignorant. but that's the united states, totally unfair & ignorant.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    polaris_x wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

again ... if it is factually correct - how is it a prejudice? ... i'm sorry you don't like what that fact implies and i'm also sorry you are so sensitive to my viewpoints ... feel free to prove anything i wrote wrong ... i will gladly detract ... simple as that ...

One more time...you never proved what you wrote was factually correct. You "proved" that 6 out of 10 18-24 year olds could not, and you called that "most Americans". And then you followed the most Americans line up with the line about beating up any brown people we could find. Following point one to point two, it is not hard to conclude you were saying most Americans were out beating up brown people. It isn't about me being sensitive, it is about you blaming an entire country for the actions and deficiencies of a few. It wouldn't be OK if you were doing that about brown people, it is not OK to do it about Americans.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Jason P wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    NY Post = TMZ

I agree. :mrgreen:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    With Boston being my former hometown as a youth this brought me to tears from the Bruins game last night.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    With Boston being my former hometown as a youth this brought me to tears from the Bruins game last night.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

Peace

It was beautiful last night. I knew it would be emotional but that was amazing.

chadwick wrote:
    middle eastern dudes are fucking jammed up big freakin time. totally unfair & ignorant. but that's the united states, totally unfair & ignorant.

"once bitten twice shy"

Godfather.
    If it turns out these are the two guys - and we don't even know if these really are the two who are being sought yet - then it is neither ignorant nor unfair.

Thinking that deliberately blowing up a crowd of spectators at a road race is going to further whatever goal you hoped to further is ignorant.

JimmyV wrote:

No one else seems to have it yet. Hmmm...skeptical.

While federal law enforcement officials consider releasing images of one or possibly two persons of interest in the Boston Marathon bombings, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Thursday that the FBI wants to speak with two men seen in at least one video from the race.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18/ob ... z2QpNehxbK

maybe the same video/picture ?

Godfather.
    bostonmediacartoon.jpg
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    bostonmediacartoon.jpg
    sadly this is the state of the american media.

the international pages like the guardian have not been wrong this entire time, while major "sources" like the ny post and fox, and even cnn have been wrong time and again. someone should be fired over those errors.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    JimmyV wrote:
    One more time...you never proved what you wrote was factually correct. You "proved" that 6 out of 10 18-24 year olds could not, and you called that "most Americans". And then you followed the most Americans line up with the line about beating up any brown people we could find. Following point one to point two, it is not hard to conclude you were saying most Americans were out beating up brown people. It isn't about me being sensitive, it is about you blaming an entire country for the actions and deficiencies of a few. It wouldn't be OK if you were doing that about brown people, it is not OK to do it about Americans.

good grief ... if that stat isn't good enough for you ... what do you want me to do? ... do you really think most americans can find iraq on a map? ... do you honestly?

following one point to another ... i believe that is the definition of projection ...

AGAIN - i'm not too sure how many times I need to repeat this but I suspect that you lack anything else so you continue to repeat the same faulty accusation ... at no point do i ever claim all americans are morons who are going after brown people ... it's simply not even possible to believe that ...

either way - the fact i need to keep re-iterating something that is clearly written means we are not getting anywhere ...

let me know when you want to discuss the potential violation of civil liberties because of faulty and unnecessary reporting ... i'll be happy to discuss it ... but if all you care about is defending some nationalistic pride and jumping on me for things I never said - feel free to do that as well ...
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    bostonmediacartoon.jpg

This pretty much sums it up
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
    Jeanwah wrote:
    bostonmediacartoon.jpg
    sadly this is the state of the american media.

the international pages like the guardian have not been wrong this entire time, while major "sources" like the ny post and fox, and even cnn have been wrong time and again. someone should be fired over those errors.

What you say proves that reading / viewing international news over American mainstream media makes a whole lot more sense.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Ok, I've heard some silly poles that say half of the people counldnt find Madegascar on a map... blah blah blah...
    yes, there are some uneducated folks who might not know. maybe there's a lot. But the majority of people I know, know exactly where Iraq is on a map. Especially since Georgie Bush's dumb ass blew it up in 2003.

How did this thread go from a terrible tragedy in Boston to bickering over how stupid american are? Give it a rest. :roll:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Jeanwah wrote:
    bostonmediacartoon.jpg
    That's funny. I applaud that artist. Good stuff.
    Ok, I've heard some silly poles that say half of the people counldnt find Madegascar on a map... blah blah blah...
    yes, there are some uneducated folks who might not know. maybe there's a lot. But the majority of people I know, know exactly where Iraq is on a map. Especially since Georgie Bush's dumb ass blew it up in 2003.

How did this thread go from a terrible tragedy in Boston to bickering over how stupid american are? Give it a rest. :roll:

my topic was about the violation of civil liberties ... instead of discussing that - people focused on some stats i put forth ... i could write a noble prize winning essay on the impacts of terror on civil liberties but if I say one bad thing about americans - that's all anyone focuses on ... sort of like you and florida ... :lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    polaris_x wrote:

my topic was about the violation of civil liberties ... instead of discussing that - people focused on some stats i put forth ... i could write a noble prize winning essay on the impacts of terror on civil liberties but if I say one bad thing about americans - that's all anyone focuses on ... sort of like you and florida ... :lol:

Hey! leave Florida out of this! :lol:
    btw, some lady pulled up in a fancy caddy a few days ago with NY plates and asked if I knew any good restaurants.
    I sent her to Outback to spite you. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Hey! leave Florida out of this! :lol:
    btw, some lady pulled up in a fancy caddy a few days ago with NY plates and asked if I knew any good restaurants.
    I sent her to Outback to spite you. :P

:lol::lol:
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    I didn't vote for him the 2nd time around but well done Mr. President, well done indeed.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2