Options

New Lottery System

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Wilds wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

I don't know if this is true. Depending on the market(s), I don't foresee having trouble getting tickets to all the shows.

For this very limited run of shows (Wrigley and London), It has been almost an embarrassment of riches for my two Pearl Jam Ten club buddies who I travel to all the shows together.

We all put in for the London/Wrigley pre-sale. One of us got tickets to Wrigley. The other guy got a single from the Tickemaster (or whomever) in the general sale. I then put in for the Wrigley 2nd chance sale and got a pair, and my other two travelling buds are going. That is five of us with no problems going to this great show.

For London, I got a single from the public sale, my buddy got an extra from another ten club fan, and then two of us just won the London 2nd chance sale.

Being a part of this community means never having to buy scalper tickets. I've acquired or traded, or sold at face value dozens of tickets to all the shows I've ever wanted to get into.

Hit the Euro tour after my wife gave me the Hall Pass, but didn't anticipate it. Me and three of my friends decided to go. We easily secured for face value tickets to Oslo, Norway, and Sweden. Then my one friend couldn't go and hooked up three fans to the shows he was out of.

This is the story all the time on these boards.

I love this community.
    oh yeah buddy...oh yeah..

I'll give a fuck yeah to London and Wrigley!!! :thumbup:
    we not gonna be in the bus together this time..but we will give our fuck yeah!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    please go back to the way it was. the old way even with the crashes was like a lottery. the way they do it now will make it extremely hard for the long time members to go to multiple shows as they did in the past. say someone who has been supporting the band for 20 years ,where is the loyalty to them. every system has its pros and cons but at least with when one was at the computer everyone had a fair shot at getting tickets. in my case i never got tickets to new york. but i understood that is the way it is. now i worry about getting tickets to shows in my hometown as well as the others i went to not too far away. please scrap the lottery. go to ticketmaster if you have to and charge an extra 10 bucks if need be. i think most would welcome it.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    foodboy wrote:
    please go back to the way it was. the old way even with the crashes was like a lottery

or better yet....

find a company that handle ticket sales since clearly the 10c can't
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    please scrap the lottery. sell them on ticketmaster if you have to. if it costs 10 bucks more per ticket fine do it. even with the crashes it was like a lottery but you were the captain of your own ship. it is going to be very hard to go to multiple shows . remember people who go to multiple shows usually buy multiple merch.
  • Options
    foodboy wrote:
    please scrap the lottery. sell them on ticketmaster if you have to. if it costs 10 bucks more per ticket fine do it. even with the crashes it was like a lottery but you were the captain of your own ship. it is going to be very hard to go to multiple shows . remember people who go to multiple shows usually buy multiple merch.
    now the captain is 10c and the rest of us dont have ranks we are all just costumers that paid the same money to get into the ship//..
    and what logic is that multiple merch??fans go to one show only will not buy merch cos they score tic only for one show??who said that if u go to more than one show 10c merch table will have better sales..??
    maybe another fan that never score before,now that he did score tix will spent a fortune cos he is happy will see the band on a high demand show and will buy 150 shirts that u and me will not..
    how many shows u go,or score tix,has nothing to do how many merch they sell..others are fans too you know..
    and maybe by going to just one show make you spent more money than usual for merch.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    Not this bullshit, again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808

Wrigley=One of the hottest selling tickets of the summer. Demand was insane. Some people unfortunately got shutout.

Tour dates to be announced= 99.9% of the people here will get their tickets. No problem.

Plus people wont be able to cut their own throats, going for GA.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

:corn:
    Nice shirt.
  • Options

Wrigley=One of the hottest selling tickets of the summer. Demand was insane. Some people unfortunately got shutout.

Tour dates to be announced= 99.9% of the people here will get their tickets. No problem.

Plus people wont be able to cut their own throats, going for GA.
    hehehe..true...and is always the same,,some shut out of fan club tix,some score..just now not the same will always score,and not the same will shut out..easy to get it,how and why this happened before,and easy to get now how and why will not happen again..
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    why not just put this shit up to a vote.....

you know....let....democracy decide.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    81 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hh3zzmMsiw
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    81 wrote:

i'd be down with that.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    foodboy wrote:
    please go back to the way it was. the old way even with the crashes was like a lottery. the way they do it now will make it extremely hard for the long time members to go to multiple shows as they did in the past. say someone who has been supporting the band for 20 years ,where is the loyalty to them. every system has its pros and cons but at least with when one was at the computer everyone had a fair shot at getting tickets. in my case i never got tickets to new york. but i understood that is the way it is. now i worry about getting tickets to shows in my hometown as well as the others i went to not too far away. please scrap the lottery. go to ticketmaster if you have to and charge an extra 10 bucks if need be. i think most would welcome it.

F5 never really gave a benefit to seniority. That being said I don't think any system should. The turnover in 10c memberships has been low since seniority came in for ticket allocation. I would imagine anyone that joint after the Binaural tour hasn't really accrued alot of seniority. They probably still sit towards the back of the 10c sections etc... Allocating tickets on senority would screw over most people who joined up in the 10c during the seniority era. 10 years from now they could be fans for 20 years.. and where would their loyalty be. You don't really accrue seniority in the 10c because most people renew.

I did like the way the 2011 Canadian Tour as handled. After the website buckled under f5 they contracted tm to handle it. It was really smooth.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    I did like the way the 2011 Canadian Tour as handled. After the website buckled under f5 they contracted tm to handle it. It was really smooth.
    yep i agree,but ticketmaster got the fees..
    why 10c to give up their product,while they found a smooth new way to sell their tckets vis their website???
    some can complain,but 10c sell their tix anyway..and no one sweating...
    and this thing is here to stay..its over a year now this method.i think its more than clear..
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

My thoughts exactly.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    It's a rather moot argument. 99% of the arguments are to change the system in a way that works better for that individual 10c member.

If the 10c only has 1000 pairs. They still get allocated to 1000 10c members. The allocation system only impacts which 1000 it might be. People miss out in either system.. so its a moot argument which one is better overall, the argument only stands as which one is better for me :)
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    Zod wrote:
    It's a rather moot argument. 99% of the arguments are to change the system in a way that works better for that individual 10c member.

If the 10c only has 1000 pairs. They still get allocated to 1000 10c members. The allocation system only impacts which 1000 it might be. People miss out in either system.. so its a moot argument which one is better overall, the argument only stands as which one is better for me :)

Except under F5 you knew if you had tickets for a show before you bought a second or more shows. In the case of the lottery you might put in for shows you wouldn't go to if you already got a different/local show. I can see scenarios where people put in a second/third choice they normally wouldn't buy. So potentially people could end up with tickets to shows they decide they won't travel to and eat the cost and prevent another 10c member from going.......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Zod wrote:

Except under F5 you knew if you had tickets for a show before you bought a second or more shows. In the case of the lottery you might put in for shows you wouldn't go to if you already got a different/local show. I can see scenarios where people put in a second/third choice they normally wouldn't buy. So potentially people could end up with tickets to shows they decide they won't travel to and eat the cost and prevent another 10c member from going.......

It's a good point, but I think the impact would be minimal? If you did you get 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice, you'd only get the 2nd/3rd choice if everyone who made those shows their 1st choice had gotten their tickets. I guess you run the risk of bumping other people who also voted it as 2nd/3rd choice.

I guess the 10c could initiate some kind of algorithm (since its automated) that stops allocating you tickets at a set point. Select your top shows and how many pairs you actually want. That wouldn't be too hard to implement would it?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Zod wrote:

How long after putting in for the lottery do you know if you've won tickets? And how long after that was the public sale last time?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    foodboy wrote:
    Why put money in TM's pocket? Have you tried getting decent tix to a show on TM recently? Its a shitshow.
    Hard enough to get the fan club tickets from TM in the first place.

People just need to accept that the band has chosen a method that will put tickets in more members hands.
    And yes that means members will not get 10c tix for as many shows without partnering with another member. Its alright, I will still get to the shows I want to see.

Anyone advocating the f5 system is just looking to hoard more tickets for themselves, because in reality, that system was a complete and total failure.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    foodboy wrote:
    Why put money in TM's pocket? Have you tried getting decent tix to a show on TM recently? Its a shitshow.

People just need to accept that the band has chosen a method that will put tickets in more members hands.
    And yes that means members will not get 10c tix for as many shows without partnering with another member. Its alright, I will still get to the shows I want to see.

Anyone advocating the f5 system is just looking to hoard more tickets for themselves, because in reality, that system was a complete and total failure.
    perfectly said..thats exactly what is happening here.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right wrote:
    foodboy wrote:

thanks D, its really not that complicated
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

thanks D, its really not that complicated
    i know..at the begging i thought some just dont understand,cos they didnt know,or read how things will work....now i know they just dont want to understand
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Sometimes, I think some of you are just stoking the fire with the lottery vs. F5 thing. It is OK to not like the lottery, and to keep posting to argue in favor of it to every post is not really accomplishing anything. Or helping the matter.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Zod wrote:

It went smooth for me during that F5 day during the Canadian '11 tour. I was 5 for 5 with the 10club store ticket sale. Montreal - Hamilton. When they contracted Ticketmaster for their 10club presale a few day's later, it was really smooth for all my friends who tried & scored.
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    Get_Right wrote:
    foodboy wrote:

F5 sytem was great. I had no problem to get tix. With the lottery I failed
    With F5 I have it in my own hands.
    With the lottery I need good luck.
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    jeffmack22sdjeffmack22sd Posts: 384
    I started this thread and have to say, I got everything I wanted for this upcoming tour GA for San Diego and LA 1 and my reserved tickets for NY 1. Also got my tickets for Wrigley. Thank you 10 club, see you at the shows. Hope everyone else gor what they wanted.
  • Options
    Hope some people got Worchester 2 who didn't the first time.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Get_Right wrote:

People just need to accept that many people dislike the lottery, and are free to voice their opinion. We have a lottery now because of YEARS of bitching about F5. Where you on your high horse telling people then "the band has chosen a method"? And as for this fallacy that the lottery puts more tickets in more member’s hands... this is completely BS. First you have an increase in members with multiple membership... that doesn't help. You have an increase in scalpers... that doesn't help. You have people who win tickets colluding with others who won tickets to trade their extras... that doesn't help. People putting in "long shot" entries, and making the trip if they happen to win... that doesn't help. How can anyone believe that the lottery actually helps more members get tickets?

Anyone advocating the lottery is simply looking out for what's best for themselves. They are lazy and don't want to put any effort in to getting tickets. Plain and simple lazy selfishness. Meanwhile the F5 advocates want to put in effort to achieve their tickets... and if someone is hitting F5 long after others have given up... they deserve those damn tickets! So in your world, someone who works more hours than you, or works a harder job, just wants to hoard money for themselves... but in your eyes they don't deserve more money? :fp:

While F5 had one or two bumps, it was a largely successful system. The lottery so far has been a complete and utter failure. If people open their mind, and truly want to understand, it's not that hard to grasp.
This discussion has been closed.