Options

***What's growing? The official garden thread***

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    How great that you posted today Lou. I just planted some seeds indoors right now. Some toms . Chilli. And I'm going to do more in a week's time. Weather is still wet and cold here. So indoors for a while for me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I got my tomato and okra seeds started. They are in a greenhouse in the sun room with some extra grow lights. I hope this garden season will be as great as last year's.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Yeah we got seedling spinach going really looking forward to this year in the garden 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    Anyone ever used one of those hydroponic gardens (lettuces, micros, cilantro, basil). See them on Amazon. Seems easy and efficient. A great way to have fresh salads in the winter months. 

But do they work and are they worth it?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Never tried it. Give ot a shot if it's cheap. 
  • Options
    Thinned my radishes. Moved the seedings around to give them space. Always don't like just pulling them out. 
    Everything is germinating nicely. Peas seem to be taking their time.
  • Options
    I've got chillies  and toms all started but small
    .sweet peas ready to plant out. Starting some cucumbers and  beans soon
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Sweet. I don't typically start veggies inside. Seeds outside for early spring/fall stuff. I'll buy plants for Sumner. Should try to start inside. 
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    In one of my community garden plots I had watched someone plant tomatoes. They just crushed up tomatoes and threw them everywhere. I think it worked. Fun to experiment.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Well, I tried it. Put the seeds in a few weeks ago. Green onions are starting to grow. Rosemary is coming up too. The basil and lettuce are thriving! I hope this keeps up. Looking forward to trying different stuff and having lettuce and basil in the house year round. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Side note: I've really itching to get some quaking aspen trees at home. They aren't common in northern Indiana. They make me think of tlmy happy place: western US. Looking at trying to buy some online and they are very expensive. But I did learn they can be propagated. Anyone have experience with propagated trees?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Well, I tried it. Put the seeds in a few weeks ago. Green onions are starting to grow. Rosemary is coming up too. The basil and lettuce are thriving! I hope this keeps up. Looking forward to trying different stuff and having lettuce and basil in the house year round. 
     B)