albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    ^^Nice Rob.  Thanks. You too man. The plot really takes care of itself. You know. I dumped a bunch of composted manure & chopped up leaves tucking in the turnips. Hope to keep the harvest going into winter. Then come spring, I push the leaves aside and plant rows of spring stuff. Really enjoy doing it. Feeding the worms and the soil. 
    The woman I got the sheep manure from told me "have fun playing with your poo!"
     I always do.

• Options

• Options
    the last harvest. Was a great season. 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The garden is going a lot better this year with more rain and more raised beds with neato soil.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Sweet peas. Great garlic. Very nice.
  • Options
    I just harvested mad amounts of shelling peas. Made pea fritters for the first time. Yum. Like potato pancakes.
    Also did garlic for a first. I want to plant more in the fall. Any tips Rob? Yours looks fantastic!!
  • Options
    Packing up some pickled beets now. Bud gave me a nice head of garlic I'll plant in the fall. Also harvested wild black raspberries. Made a hot pepper jam with a pint of blueberries/wild berries. Planted butternut squash and pumpkin seeds now 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Picked the tomatoes this morning! Yesterday I picked cucumbers and squash 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Oh man I forgot to show you all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494

Very nice, but the cat seems less than impressed. Did you wake it up from a nap?
  • Options
    That is not one simple animal. It's really lost looking the whole time haha 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Great harvests! Hope to add to thread soon.
    Slowly getting tomatoes, a few cucs, stringbeans. Just added Epsom salt and some organic fert to my plants. Planted pumpkins and butternut squash a little late. Always fun getting my hands dirty.
  • Options
    We had the best garden year thus far, and I attribute it to near perfect weather conditions with lots of rain but also heat and sun and my newly amended raised beds. Here are some photos, the apples are from today (some ended up in a cake).
    It started with garlic scapes and herbs (nasturtium, rosemary, mint, lovage, chives, thyme), and some of the most beautifully smelling rose petals (I have some in vodka but then found dehydrating them better for preservation).
    Then came the gooseberries, rattail radishes and cherries.

By the end of June, I harvested a bunch of green English walnuts to make Nocino, and some golden beets.
    Then summer really began, and it was a big blur of everything.

I have been pickling and fermenting and dehydrating and cooking a lot. The okra was super slow this year but the tomatoes were amazing, as well as the eggplant and peppers. I grew most of the tomatoes from seed. And I cannot wait for next year!

• Options
    Inspired. Wow. Great harvests.
  • Options
    We had the best garden year thus far, and I attribute it to near perfect weather conditions with lots of rain but also heat and sun and my newly amended raised beds. Here are some photos, the apples are from today (some ended up in a cake).
    It started with garlic scapes and herbs (nasturtium, rosemary, mint, lovage, chives, thyme), and some of the most beautifully smelling rose petals (I have some in vodka but then found dehydrating them better for preservation).
    Then came the gooseberries, rattail radishes and cherries.

By the end of June, I harvested a bunch of green English walnuts to make Nocino, and some golden beets.
    Then summer really began, and it was a big blur of everything.

I have been pickling and fermenting and dehydrating and cooking a lot. The okra was super slow this year but the tomatoes were amazing, as well as the eggplant and peppers. I grew most of the tomatoes from seed. And I cannot wait for next year!

Damn that’s awesome you must have a green thumb! 
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Thank you! I try every year but this year was exceptional, and I think it really came down to great (new) soil in the raised beds and all that rain and sun. I am stoked myself. I have been trying for almost ten years in this spot now and some seasons were good others bad. This year was different. The peach and cherry and green walnut produce every year though.

• Options
    Blown away 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Thank you! I try every year but this year was exceptional, and I think it really came down to great (new) soil in the raised beds and all that rain and sun. I am stoked myself. I have been trying for almost ten years in this spot now and some seasons were good others bad. This year was different. The peach and cherry and green walnut produce every year though.

Yeah we had a good harvest too but not on your level! The peaches look fantastic 
  • Options

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Awesome! Those Shishitos are nice, aren't they? I grew them for the first time this year and will definitely do so again.
  • Options
    Yes. Seared them up on an iron skillet. Little oil. Some nice flakey salt. Great snack. This batch holds a little heat. Maybe because they are planted close to hot peppers. Yum.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Yes. Seared them up on an iron skillet. Little oil. Some nice flakey salt. Great snack. This batch holds a little heat. Maybe because they are planted close to hot peppers. Yum.

I think they are supposed too have a little heat. Mine did too. They will turn red too if you let them on the plant a little longer.
  • Options
    Ok. Cool. Thx
  • Options
    I love nasturtium and grow it every year because I love the flavor. This year, it did well, and tonight I made stuffed nasturtium leaves, dolmades style. They turned out awesome, and I enjoyed that they were less chewy than grape leave dolmades can be. I used a filling with pork and herbs and rice. It was very, very good.
  • Options
    Beautiful. Inspired to try that^^thx. I was eating those leaves at work and my coworker asked if I was eating Lilly pads.
  • Options

• Options
    Bump it up.

Garden prep here. Seeds lined up. Will plant peas. Snap and shelling maybe today. Carrots. Radishes. Beets . Spinach. Lettuce. Very soon too. 
    Great time of year.
    Enjoy