Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    (Pokes her head around the forum door) Eeek :eek: I'm a bit nervous I've never been good at these forum thingys. Anyway Mark aka Harmless wanted me to come and say hello to you all before the meet up on Thursday , so hiiiii :) I'm his other half Naz just in case you wondered. Look forward to meeting you all, I've heard so much about you all and you all sound lovely! Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday morning. I wish everyday was the weekend hehe. See you soon.

wow! :eek: it's the wife! i wish i could be there to meet all of you...but i'm in the U.S. :(. anyway, i'm getting to read harmless' book! i'm so excited. and it's good to see you in the pit! ;)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you are wrote:
    wow! :eek: it's the wife! i wish i could be there to meet all of you...but i'm in the U.S. :(. anyway, i'm getting to read harmless' book! i'm so excited. and it's good to see you in the pit! ;)

Did you get the file i sent you?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Morning everyone.... one more day to go!!!! Voice still not right, but working on it! Harmless.... you've got a book???? :confused:

Mojitos do look yummy... will be trying one...

OK Nazz... if you're wearing a sexy little red dress, the rest of us ladies are gonna have to review our outfits!!!! :D:D:D:D Youth and beauty in a sexy red dress.... what chances does that leave me to seduce any good looking young male there?? None! :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Harmless.... you've got a book???? :confused:

Yes, not sure if you've read the threads on the AET about it, but I've been writing a book now for 3 or so years. It's ridiculously close to being finished, but I can't seem to let all my niggling issues with it go... SO officially it's finished, but the editing - that's another story :D

Not even close to being published yet, but I've been doing my research and will make sure it is.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:

OK Nazz... if you're wearing a sexy little red dress, the rest of us ladies are gonna have to review our outfits!!!! :D:D:D:D Youth and beauty in a sexy red dress.... what chances does that leave me to seduce any good looking young male there?? None!

People are organising outfits :confused::o I was going to get changed at work but just out of work closthes into something comfy. Guess I won't be in the seducing game. :cool: Seems like any young males need to be wary of the married women :D:D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    People are organising outfits :confused:

Women are organising outfits. I thought that that's what women did. Organise outfits :D

• Options
    Chime wrote:
    People are organising outfits :confused::o I was going to get changed at work but just out of work closthes into something comfy. Guess I won't be in the seducing game. :cool: Seems like any young males need to be wary of the married women :D:D:D:D

Nah.... you know us better Pippa!! :D:D:D I'm out of the game as well... young males don't need to be wary of me.... (unless they want a mother figure.... but I don't really go for that!:D:D:D). But one can always dream.....

V needs to organise herself though... needs to think wellies and raincoat.....
  • Options
    Being a northern peasant who can't afford to go to London twice in a year .. someone take a few photies ;)

.. and if Notnowjohn turns up tell him to pm or email me about his tickets!!
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    beer me up scotty...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I was drinking cocktails Saturday during a 13 hour session. Long Island Iced tea's, which have 4 different shots in them. I wonder why i felt rough the next day? :confused:

back in the day when our student union used to have a cocktail night they used to do Long Island Iced Teas which were the only one that was served in a pint glass. they had the weird effect on me of getting me drunk from the feet upwards... so you felt fine but were in a lot of trouble when you got up to go to the loo... :D

Just noticed that the beer menu on the Bunker's web site says that you can try the beers before you buy.. wonder if you can 'try' a pint before deciding you don't like it and opt for another instead ? ;)

And it also says that all cocktails are 6.50 quid, though you can make up your own as well, so I guess it's going to be Nazzy Babies all round!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Did you get the file i sent you?

yes, i did! i'm in the process of moving so i haven't had a chance to really sit down and read it, but soon i'll have all the time in the world. anyway, thanks again for the opportunity. :)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    Chime wrote:

Lol aww I'm not planning on seducing anyone but my hubby muhaha. I think Mark overstated the 'sexiness' of this dress I'm going to wear. It's more of a red bohemian tunic thing. Sorry if any of you had visions of me turning up like jessica rabbit lol. I've planned to some extent, I'm a natural planner...I can't help it hehe.
    The extra S in my name is redundant and I'm proud of it. Jazz handing my way back to heaven.
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    And it also says that all cocktails are 6.50 quid, though you can make up your own as well, so I guess it's going to be Nazzy Babies all round!

We'll come armed with the recipe, and we'll see what we can do!

1 oz vodka
    1 oz peach schnapps
    1 oz coconut rum
    1 dash lemon juice
    6 - 8 oz orange juice

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkab14569.html

• Options
    I think Mark overstated the 'sexiness' of this dress I'm going to wear..

Phew... us ladies can now just think about cocktail and beer tasting! :D (that IS planning Nazz... I never know what to wear until the last minute!)
  • Options
    I didn't find any cocktails with Dunk's name on it, but I thought he might like 'Dumpster Juice':

1 oz vodka
    1 oz light rum
    1 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur
    1 oz Midori® melon liqueur
    1 oz cranberry juice
    1 oz orange juice
    1 oz pineapple juice

It's probably as brown as... well, something brown. :D

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink9102.html

• Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    there were rumours of an australian born in sweden travelling on a swedish passport arriving to this meetup...

i wonder if they were true
  • Options
    I didn't find any cocktails with Dunk's name on it, but I thought he might like 'Dumpster Juice':

1 oz vodka
    1 oz light rum
    1 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur
    1 oz Midori® melon liqueur
    1 oz cranberry juice
    1 oz orange juice
    1 oz pineapple juice

It's probably as brown as... well, something brown.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink9102.html

minus the cranberry juice n im all for it!!! that kinda just put a bad lil taste in the mouth lol
  • Options
    :eek: For real, Swede??? Or are you just messing with us??????

You're messing, aren't you....
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    there were rumours of an australian born in sweden travelling on a swedish passport arriving to this meetup...

i wonder if they were true

hmmmmm...

If there is, he might enjoy a nice Swedish Polar Bear:

4 cl Absolut® vodka
    2 cl Blue Curacao liqueur
    Sprite® soda

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink603.html

I'm going to do this all day now, I'm onto something good. There's a cocktail reference for everyone!

• Options
    wow a swedish polar bear, sounds wicked!!!

well red, i came here to say the rumours arent true, they seem like rumours of pearl jam travelling the south or something, who would wanna do that? haha

nehow we should save these drinks for wembley, its my duty to be there for that
  • Options
    RED ROCK!! I'm so excited, this is you in drink form:

1 1/2 shots Absolut® vodka
    3/4 shot wildberry schnapps
    1 can Dr. Pepper® soda

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink180.html

Should I stop now? ;)

• Options
    Found loads for me!!!!! I like some of the names.... :D

Fuzzy Rita
    2 oz Crown Royal® Canadian whisky
    1 oz peach schnapps
    3 oz orange juice
    1 tbsp lime juice

Champange Rita
    1 1/2 oz tequila
    1 1/2 oz limeade
    1 1/2 tsp triple sec
    3 oz Champagne

Blue Rita
    1/2 oz coconut rum
    1 1/4 oz white tequila
    3/4 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    4 oz sweet and sour mix

Cola Rita
    2 oz Sauza® Conmemorativo tequila
    2 oz triple sec
    12 oz Coca-Cola

Flamingo Rita
    2 oz tequila
    5 strawberries
    4 oz sweet and sour mix

Killer Rita
    2 oz Whaler's® Killer Coconut rum
    1 oz triple sec
    1 oz pineapple juice
    1/2 oz coconut milk

Titty Twister Rita
    3 parts Bacardi® 151 rum
    3 parts Tropicana® orange juice
    1 part Rose's® lime juice
    1 part sweet and sour mix
    3 parts daiquiri mix
    4 cups crushed ice
  • Options
    No! Not until I've recommended to Dunk the 'Raw Sewage':

1 shot Blue Curacao liqueur
    1 shot vodka
    1 dash grenadine syrup
    pineapple juice

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink6308.html

And perhaps its sequel, the 'Raw Sewage #2':

1 1/2 oz RedRum® rum
    1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    1 oz vodka
    1 1/2 oz pineapple juice
    1 1/2 oz orange juice
    1 splash grenadine syrup

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink6307.html

I'm sure they are both brown.

OK I'm done now.

• Options
    are u gonna be making these buggers? LOL

u crazy drinkin man! good on ya buddy lol
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    well red, i came here to say the rumours arent true,

:mad:
  • Options
    hey that face matches ur hair colour!

thats a pretty sweet deal eh!

but wembley red, wembley. drinkssssss and this time there is gonna be some serious drinkin to be had!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    My request for holiday on Friday was turned down by the Office Manager! :( :mad:

Luckily my own Boss has said that he'll cover for me if I take it anyway!! :)

Result! :cool:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Should I stop now? ;)

naaaaah... it's much more interesting than 99% of the shite posted here anyway ;)

the good thing is Dunkman is travelling down by now so he can't come back to anything you want to say about him...

I suggest coming up with a cocktail for him that incorporates one, or more, of the ingredients from the website that he posted (I think it was him) several thousand bad posts ago:

http://www.hot-headz.com/acatalog/Super_Hot_Sauces.html

then have it mixed up and served to him as a 'special surprise'. with some nice gay umbrellas and a sparkler too... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    swede wrote:
    hey that face matches ur hair colour!
    :D:D:D
    swede wrote:
    but wembley red, wembley. drinkssssss and this time there is gonna be some serious drinkin to be had!
    Serious stuff on the Sunday!!!!!!
  • Options
    aw but i dont wanna be seedyyyyyy at the gig. so not really too serious drinking then but after the gig.. cheap scotch... yes its happening for old times sake haha. fancy that, i have to head back to oz right after that i think!