Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you'd still give her one though :rolleyes:

i'd sellotape her mouth first though... which might be illegal, but i think once a judge heard her speak i'd be set free

this is a new low for me i think... gagging and shagging a weirdo pop singer :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    oooOOOOoooo hello Naz!!!!! No need to just poke your head around.. you can come in! Of course we all SOUND lovely.... you do realise that Mark is saying these things and he's never even met one of us!!!! Hahaha!!!! But you'll see for yourself on Thursday.. we are OK after all. 'The bark is worse than the bite'

Hehe I thought poking my head around would be somewhat polite seeing as I'm a newbie, but I'll Jazz hand my way in from now on :) Well anyway I know Mark hasn't met you all yet but I'm pretty sure you are a decent bunch and you all love Pearl Jam so that makes you decent in my book. I see the Bunker Bar has some mighty fine cocktails - I'm thinking of starting with the Raspberry mule, yummy. I'm not an alcoholic don't worry although the first stage of any addiction is denial....maybe I'm in the wrong forum too hehe. Anyway see you Thursday.
    The extra S in my name is redundant and I'm proud of it. Jazz handing my way back to heaven.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    One day down, 3 to go! Cocktails... mmmmmm... didn't look at their cocktails.... :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    One day down, 3 to go! Cocktails... mmmmmm... didn't look at their cocktails.... :D

I'm gonna have me a mojito. Discovered the mojito in Florida and it's the shizzle.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Damn.. I really need to look at that list and make a choice or else I'll be reading it for ever while you guys are drinking....

BTW guys...... My voice is going.... aaarrrggghhhhhh...... Gonna try not to talk for a couple of days to rest it!
  • Options
    Awww I know how you feel I'm starting to get a really dry sore throat, hopefully should be better my thursday, hot milk and honey usually does the trick.
    The extra S in my name is redundant and I'm proud of it. Jazz handing my way back to heaven.
  • Options
    It's been coming for a while.... 40C (104F) temperature yesterday.. not much better today. YUK hot milk...... hot lemon and honey - that's what I like. Now if I liked whiskey, I'd put some of that in also, but I don't. So it's a bit of rhum added to the hot lemon (well at least in the evening - got 2 kids here today, can't really do that!). I HAVE to be able to talk thursday!!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:

no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm NOT having a cocktail. Well...I'm certainly not having more than one anyway. I'm sticking to the beer. Just beer. Only beer. I want to be able to use my head on Friday... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm NOT having a cocktail. Well...I'm certainly not having more than one anyway. I'm sticking to the beer. Just beer. Only beer. I want to be able to use my head on Friday... :D
    If they don't have any decent witbeer I'll be on the vodka and coke!

Although this lot are a bunch of absolute pissheads. Last time I drew 40 out of a machine and the morning after I woke up to find about six credit card reciepts in my wallet.... and there was a £10 minimum for that! :o ...and Byrnzie wasn't even there! (He claims to be quite a drinker y'know...we'll see about that) :D
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

no weissbier on the menu last time i looked... :(
    but they do mention 'specials' so they might have one on.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    ...and Byrnzie wasn't even there! (He claims to be quite a drinker y'know...we'll see about that) :D

i think he is quite good :):)

thank fuck my wife is coming as i have no control over when to actually stop boozing :o:o she'll help me oot!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    not sure cocktails are a good idea for me i cant drink much , 2 pints of cider is my limit :o
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    oh flippin nora i got to pack :eek: hate choosing what to wear in addvance , anyone no how the weather is looking for thursday n friday ?
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    oh flippin nora i got to pack :eek: hate choosing what to wear in addvance , anyone no how the weather is looking for thursday n friday ?
    London is always good for a bit of damp, smoke, cloudiness and the odd bead or two of sweat.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:

light rain/showers 11C - 13C highs 7C low http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    rob says mixed chime says rain ok i'll bring everthing wellies snow boots bikini ! :p
  • Options
    ok i'm gone see you all thursday :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    V V wrote:

My wife'll be the one in the sexy red dress. W00t! :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Although this lot are a bunch of absolute pissheads. Last time I drew 40 out of a machine and the morning after I woke up to find about six credit card reciepts in my wallet.... and there was a £10 minimum for that! :o ...and Byrnzie wasn't even there! (He claims to be quite a drinker y'know...we'll see about that) :D

I was drinking cocktails Saturday during a 13 hour session. Long Island Iced tea's, which have 4 different shots in them. I wonder why i felt rough the next day? :confused:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I was drinking cocktails Saturday during a 13 hour session. Long Island Iced tea's, which have 4 different shots in them. I wonder why i felt rough the next day? :confused:

Long Island Iced Teas are awesome (my second favourite after Mojitos)

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

was it the taxi ride home?
    was it the fat girl lying next to you in bed who was still rippling causing you to feel sea-sick?
    was it the Star Bar you had before going out that came from London's very own Apu Nahasanfjkvgnfdv and was 14 years out of date!!!

more clues baby!!!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    was it the taxi ride home?
    was it the fat girl lying next to you in bed who was still rippling causing you to feel sea-sick?
    was it the Star Bar you had before going out that came from London's very own Apu Nahasanfjkvgnfdv and was 14 years out of date!!!

more clues baby!!!

I think it may have been because i decided to run naked into Trafalgar square covered in peanut butter and bird seed in the hope of being pecked by pigeons into a state of enlightenment, although i can't be sure.
  • Options

i dont drink cocktails mostly because they are expensive

and obviously they are gay, but that was a given!!!

Me and Mrs Dunk were in this Piano Bar in Malta (dont ask!) and they had a special cocktail hour.. 2 for 1... and they were only about £1.50 each anyway.... so anyhoo, this guy who looked amazingly like Paul (?) from The Wonder Years made us these 2 cocktails that must have taken him about 8 minutes each to make... fucking coloured sugar on the rim of glass and everything.. sparklers... it was gaudy to the max...

he presented them to us and we paid and when he came back with the change he noticed me and mrs Dunk had empty glasses... "2 more my good man" says I... Jill's fucking sparkler hadnt even finished :D:D

he was not happy!!

i just kept ordering more... eventually saying to him... "nevermind the sugar, umnbrellas, pineapples carved into swans, etc... just mix the booze and throw in an ice cube"

great night :)

EDIT

byrnzie.. just noticed you are on 6666 posts!!! satans dad!!! :eek:
  • Options

I have a penchant for Pina Coladas, as long as they're made properly. Can't beat em.
    The thing that annoys me about most places that sell cocktails though - especially in London - is that they fill the glass to the top with ice first. I mean, why pay £7 - £10 for a glass of frozen water? :confused:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    byrnzie.. just noticed you are on 6666 posts!!! satans dad!!! :eek:

Damn! Missed that. :rolleyes: Maybe that was the post where i talked of spiritual enlightenment through the medium of pigeons? Perhaps i was onto something? :eek:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I mean, why pay £7 - £10 for a glass of frozen water? :confused:

£7 - £10

*faints*

me and my friend asked the barman at a cocktail bar for "something brown*

to this day i have no idea what it was called.. Chicago something... but it tasted fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was kinda milky i think :)
  • Options
    Cocktails can be expensive but they are the only form in which I enjoy alcohol. Anything else doesn't agree with me lol, that's my excuse anyway. London can be pricey no matter what you do so when in Rome and all that jazz I say. I'm proud to say I have a cocktail named after me :) You can order a 'Nazzy Baby' (my nickname)if it takes your fancy lol, might be one of the more expensive ones though ;)
  • Options
    Cocktails can be expensive but they are the only form in which I enjoy alcohol. Anything else doesn't agree with me lol, that's my excuse anyway. London can be pricey no matter what you do so when in Rome and all that jazz I say. I'm proud to say I have a cocktail named after me :) You can order a 'Nazzy Baby' (my nickname)if it takes your fancy lol, might be one of the more expensive ones though ;)

love the sig baby!!! :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    love the sig baby!!! :)

Hehe well howdy Dunk!! Been meaning to holla your way since joining the forum. That sounded awful lol. Ah yes the sig, the redundancy of the S inspired by yourself and well I'm jazz handing my way everywhere so it was fitting ;)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm gonna have me a mojito. Discovered the mojito in Florida and it's the shizzle.
    I discovered Mojitos Saturday night in Paris at my cousin's 30th...nice...but then a pints of beer was as expensive.
    Cocktails in London are too expensive though, so I'll stick to beer.

And i don't know if Byrnzie can drink...but he can get pissed!