Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jrd wrote:
    ack! can't watch/see. it i'm not a myspace member and have no intention of signing up for it, I'm wasting enough time in here as it is... ;)

It's probably better you don't. Redrock would have to wash your eyes out with soap ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    O.k people of the place known as The Message Pit! I have an idea! :cool:
    A single shot in the Bunker costs £3.90. I reckon a pint of beer will be about £3.50. Therefore i suggest we meet there and then head somewhere cheap and nasty like the Weatherspoons on the Charing Cross Road.

Answers on a postcard...
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    A single shot in the Bunker costs £3.90. I reckon a pint of beer will be about £3.50. Therefore i suggest we meet there and then head somewhere cheap and nasty like the Weatherspoons on the Charing Cross Road.

Answers on a postcard...

hmmm, the plot thickens... I thought we were eating at the Bunker? I think Redrock booked a table?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

Answers on a postcard...
    You're a frequenter of the Globe in Baker St right? Know what time that closes? Could be an option for me as it's where I need to be at midnight ;)
  • Options
    hmmm, the plot thickens... I thought we were eating at the Bunker? I think Redrock booked a table?

Eating? Eating's for pussies. I'll have me a liquid dinner/supper/night-cap. :cool:

Although I may treat myself to a pack of pork scratchins or a hotdog at somepoint in the proceedings.
  • Options
    You're a frequenter of the Globe in Baker St right? Know what time that closes? Could be an option for me as it's where I need to be at midnight ;)

That's a bit out the way. Not sure where I'll be at Midnight. I may turn into a pumpkin! :eek:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Eating? Eating's for pussies

Yeah, that's what Posh Spice said.

• Options
    Eating? Cheating!
  • Options
    Right. I'm over and out. Will see you jessies in a few hours.

I'll be the tall semi-shaven raven headed cockernee in dark colours, sitting with a bunch of misfits from this place. Roll on muthas!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Byrnzie wrote:

Answers on a postcard...

...which reminds me to (a) check my bank balance, and (b) make sure i get some money out on the way down there!

i don't mind moving on somewhere else at some point... preferably somewhere nice and close to a Northern Line tube station so I can get to Waterloo in time for the train home...!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    3 hours, and i will be stuck on the picadilly line on my way there, should roll in at about 6.30 (assuming that the tube works)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    3 hours, and i will be stuck on the picadilly line on my way there, should roll in at about 6.30 (assuming that the tube works)

hey, not that i'm bored and waiting for this evening or anything :D but your sig says "11/02/03, 13/02/02, 14/02/03 Sydney" so have you been making up PJ concerts or is the middle one a typo...? :p

must...do...some...work...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    hey, not that i'm bored and waiting for this evening or anything :D but your sig says "11/02/03, 13/02/02, 14/02/03 Sydney" so have you been making up PJ concerts or is the middle one a typo...? :p

must...do...some...work...

yeah, made up in my mind...

off he goes to fix his sig...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    everyone has left the thread hours ago,
    will be leaving work in 20 mins, and sailorgirlie just called, she will be there

See y'all there
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Ha! Still here, but about to leave... is this the last coherent posting on this thread...
  • Options
    closing dowm my computer... heading off to the bunker :)

the pretty pink jumper and all black outfit with a suspicious backpack would be me ;)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    jeans, balck jacket, and a blue avocado shirt on
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    what's the point of saying i'm in jeans, blues shirt and red berghaus jacket ('cos last time i looked it was pissing down) when everyone i'm going to meet is aleady there or on the way...? ;)
  • Options
    true,

out the door now....
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Am I the first person to post, post meet-up? *looks around* Yes I think I am!

Well, Naz and I had a great night everyone, thanks for it. Lots of really awesome people.

I'm not 'too' hungover, which is a bonus. :D

• Options
    I'm guessing you're the only one not too hungover :D

I'd a feeling it would be pretty quiet this morning :D

C'mon... GOSSIP :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    my head hurts...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    I'm guessing you're the only one not too hungover :D

I'd a feeling it would be pretty quiet this morning :D

C'mon... GOSSIP :)

Gossip? I guess we went home before all the Tomfoolery :rolleyes:

Still, it was a great night, my bank account just about remains intact (well, in a severely malnourished form), and I'm hoping we all do it again soon. :D

• Options
    my head hurts...

Did we meet last night? I can't remember. Hope your head feels better soon. :)

• Options
    i dont think we did meet, i was up the other end of the table to you,
    next meetup maybe..
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Morning all. Feel rough as fuck.

Was a quality night, from Byrnzie pouring wine on the table, to walking into the ladies, asking Keef for a job, discussing the contents of EV's trousers with V and staggering down the stairs at Covent Garden tube at the end.

:D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Morning :) Great to see some of you again ... nice to meet a few new faces :D Very enjoyable night!

Rob if you staggered to Covent Garden tube I take it didn't turn into an all nighter...

Chances of Byrnzie making it to meet V at the Tate Modern :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    by the time i went home the tube was shut! didnt miss it by much, but i ended up walking to waterloo to get a bus home!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Must've been about 1130 when I left. What time did everyone come out??
  • Options
    we left bunker bar when they kicked us out, about 11.30, and then went to some place called the hospital... £4 for a pint! i left after one pint there and went home, that was about 12.30.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,