Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Are you in fighting mood today Dunky? When are you and the Mrs travelling down?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:
    do you like the taste of banisters VV?

i'll let you sample it for me !!!!

what plans have u got/what are you going to see/do?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Are you in fighting mood today Dunky? When are you and the Mrs travelling down?

we leave early on the Wednesday morning, dont get in until aboot... 2ish or something..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i'll let you sample it for me !!!!

what plans have u got/what are you going to see/do?

Les Mis on the wed night.
    wed afternoon not sure yet... might squeeze in 3 or 4 hours at the British Museum
    Thursday is museum of London
    i've also bought those London Bus Tours tickets as i love those guided tour thingys.. i know its touristy cheesey but i love when the guides go past houses and say "mick jagger lives there" and "sir christopher wren invented weetabix there"

plus they also come with 2 free tickets on a river cruise!

then on thursday night i'm meeting some freaks who are quite into Pearl Jam... should be good!!!! :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:
    wed afternoon not sure yet... might squeeze in 3 or 4 hours at the British Museum
    Thursday is museum of London
    i've also bought those London Bus Tours tickets as i love those guided tour thingys.. i know its touristy cheesey but i love when the guides go past houses and say "mick jagger lives there" and "sir christopher wren invented weetabix there"

plus they also come with 2 free tickets on a river cruise!

then on thursday night i'm meeting some freaks who are quite into Pearl Jam... should be good!!!! :):)

sounds great i like touristy things too , how else do you get to know all that crap ! hahahaha keep an eye out for the placque sp? that says V V lived here ;) .
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'm hoping for another whale to head up the Thames when I come around. Cmon Londoners, make this happen.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    We contemplated making her username 'Harmless's_Little_F*** but felt it slightly derogatory :D

No one would have noticed! What is Naz' user name then?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

that's a little bit... GAY... isn't it, dearie ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    that's a little bit... GAY... isn't it, dearie ?

not at all... its about murder, prostitution and singing... think Glasgow on a Saturday night but with nice frocks :)
  • Options
    (Pokes her head around the forum door) Eeek :eek: I'm a bit nervous I've never been good at these forum thingys. Anyway Mark aka Harmless wanted me to come and say hello to you all before the meet up on Thursday , so hiiiii :) I'm his other half Naz just in case you wondered. Look forward to meeting you all, I've heard so much about you all and you all sound lovely! Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday morning. I wish everyday was the weekend hehe. See you soon.
    The extra S in my name is redundant and I'm proud of it. Jazz handing my way back to heaven.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    not at all... its about murder, prostitution and singing... think Glasgow on a Saturday night but with nice frocks :)

still sounds gay... and so does Les Mis ;):p
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    I'm his other half Naz just in case you wondered. Look forward to meeting you all, I've heard so much about you all and you all sound lovely!

Possibly one of the nicest, and therefore looniest and most ill-informed, things i think anyone's posted ... :)

Just you wait until you've been on here a few days...

See you on Thursday (if you still want to come out and meet Dunk by then...)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    (Pokes her head around the forum door) Eeek :eek: I'm a bit nervous I've never been good at these forum thingys. Anyway Mark aka Harmless wanted me to come and say hello to you all before the meet up on Thursday , so hiiiii :) I'm his other half Naz just in case you wondered. Look forward to meeting you all, I've heard so much about you all and you all sound lovely! Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday morning. I wish everyday was the weekend hehe. See you soon.

Welcome :)

Now everyone play nice :cool: We want Naz to be looking forward to thursday :o:p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options

oooOOOOoooo hello Naz!!!!! No need to just poke your head around.. you can come in! Of course we all SOUND lovely.... you do realise that Mark is saying these things and he's never even met one of us!!!! Hahaha!!!! But you'll see for yourself on Thursday.. we are OK after all. 'The bark is worse than the bite' (is that the right expression? I always get confused by translating french expressions that don't mean a thing in English!)
  • Options

i told him about his extraneous apostrophe!!!!!!!!! why dont people care about the apostrophes!!!!

errr welcome.... my name is Dunk and i've been an alcoholic since prohibition!!! ..................... oops wrong forum :o
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'The bark is worse than the bite'

in french this would be

" le woof est mal dans le comparison avec le mange de blancs"

ahhhh... i've still got the old french to fall back on if this skiving shit doesnt pay off :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    in french this would be

" le woof est mal dans le comparison avec le mange de blancs"

don't forget the Latin, what would it be in Latin ?

ahhh... it's just like being back at school reading all about M. et Mme Marsaud, Marie-France etc and being forced to translate useful phrases like "The bicycle of my grandfather has been struck by lightning"...
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

ahhh... it's just like being back at school reading all about M. et Mme Marsaud, Marie-France etc and being forced to translate useful phrases like "The bicycle of my grandfather has been struck by lightning"...

'The bark is worse than the bite'
    in latin eh?

"barkicus av caninus malus peior pessimus thvm morsus"

the bike one in french
    "le cycleisme du bi au mon grand-pere est fuckedament"
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

Or this Eddie Izzard sketch about 'le singe est dans l'arbre'!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Or this Eddie Izzard sketch about 'le singe est dans l'arbre'!

the monkey is on fire!! i cant remember the sketch!!!!

still funny as i can picture him doing it... it is monkeys though isnt it!!

monkeys on my bed?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    the monkey is on fire!! i cant remember the sketch!!!!

still funny as i can picture him doing it... it is monkeys though isnt it!!

monkeys on my bed?

The monkey is in the tree......

A whole thing about how you learn a language at school and how you need to try and use the sentences they teach you.... the english equivalent would be 'my tailor is rich'... how often can you place that in a conversation???
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ...it is monkeys though isnt it!!

"Of course we're going to throw poo at him!"
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    A whole thing about how you learn a language at school and how you need to try and use the sentences they teach you.... the english equivalent would be 'my tailor is rich'... how often can you place that in a conversation???

i did a year of Latin at school and we were doing phrases like "The peasants are storming the country houses of the Romans." Try and work THAT one into a normal conversation!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    i did a year of Latin at school and we were doing phrases like "The peasants are storming the country houses of the Romans." Try and work THAT one into a normal conversation!

I'm sure you'll manage with Fins. :D
  • Options
    Oooohhh... before I forget again..... tables have been booked at the Bunker for 5.45pm (so we can still use the lifts from the arcade). The guy said he would put a couple of those big tables together with benches, etc.

Booking under my name (Rita).

See you guys there!!!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Oooohhh... before I forget again..... tables have been booked at the Bunker for 5.45pm

excellent! thanks for organising that, red.
    redrock wrote:
    (so we can still use the lifts from the arcade).

so you don't have to lug all your shopping down the stairs!!! ;)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Oooohhh... before I forget again..... tables have been booked at the Bunker for 5.45pm (so we can still use the lifts from the arcade). The guy said he would put a couple of those big tables together with benches, etc.

Booking under my name (Rita).

See you guys there!!!!

brilliant Red... thanks for doing that!!!!

i've spent the last 5 days still trying to work out what the fuck Joss Stone was going on about at the Brit awards... i still cant work it out :confused:
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

i've spent the last 5 days still trying to work out what the fuck Joss Stone was going on about at the Brit awards... i still cant work it out :confused:

:confused: you watched the Brit awards ... so what was the jist of it?

thanks from me as well red :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Yeah why has she started speaking in an American accent? It's almost as absurd as her being a country bumpkin from the west country and winning a MOBO for 'best urban act'... you'd still give her one though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    :confused: you watched the Brit awards ... so what was the jist of it?

thanks from me as well red :)

i always watch it... dont know why but i watch most award shows :o

hoping for a stray jug to pop out must likely..

Joss Stone:-
    The Devon singer shocked fans on Wednesday night by sending "big, big love" to troubled Robbie Williams and making jokes about awards host Russell Brand, while speaking in a new-found American accent. A representative has now blamed "nerves" for her behaviour.

"She only had one drink before she went on stage as she had an early flight the next day," the spokesman told The Mirror. "She's lived in America since she was 15 but her accent becomes stronger when she's nervous."

i just dont get her joke about Russell Brand trying to get into rehab before he "hits 20"... :confused: