Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrock wrote:
    WOOHOO.... I'm meeting V at waterloo later, spend the day doing things then at the Bunker!!!!! :D:D:D:D Can't wait! :D
    Shopping for Depp-shaped sex toys at the Forbidden Planet?

How're the vocal chords today?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    today is the day, should be there at about 6.30

i have my avocado shirt on!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    was that because they would not give you friday off?

Nah, not quite as drastic as that. I've another job.
  • Options
    Today's the day people! :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

"Tonight's the night..."
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options

Today's the day after Liverpool beat Barcelona 1-2 at the Neu Camp!! Get in!! :D
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    "Tonight's the night..."

Best line from that record:

I'm singin' this borrowed tune
    I took from the Rolling Stones,
    Alone in this empty room
    Too wasted to write my own.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Best line from that record:

I'm singin' this borrowed tune
    I took from the Rolling Stones,
    Alone in this empty room
    Too wasted to write my own.

Who will be the last person on the thread? The straggler?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options

I'm sure there'll be some reminiscences on here tomorrow, or the day after.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Today's the day after Liverpool beat Barcelona 1-2 at the Neu Camp!! Get in!! :D

Yeeeeharrrrrrrr! C'mon you Red men!
    Hmmm... might have to have a celebratory orange juice or two this evening... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm sure there'll be some reminiscences on here tomorrow, or the day after.

I'm hoping so. Maybe we can beat the Yield thread. ;):D

• Options
    jrd wrote:
    Yeeeeharrrrrrrr! C'mon you Red men!
    Hmmm... might have to have a celebratory orange juice or two this evening... :D

Or a Bloody Mary? :p
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Or a Bloody Mary? :p

Nope. That'll be tomorrow...
    Was very good last night, didn't have a drink until after the game. Wanted to be...errr...healthy before tonight ;)
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Nope. That'll be tomorrow...
    Was very good last night, didn't have a drink until after the game. Wanted to be...errr...healthy before tonight ;)

Why is the thread saying Byrnzie had the last word, when it's quite clearly you jrd?

Oh well, now it's neither of you :D

• Options
    I'm sure someone will appear late tonight, wondering why they missed this thread :D

So Byrnzie, was that you on the escalator I shouted at?
  • Options
    Why is the thread saying Byrnzie had the last word, when it's quite clearly you jrd?

Oh well, now it's neither of you :D

Now it's saying Scratchin's said something on the thread, but the ACTUAL thread isn't showing your message.

I give up.

• Options
    Now it's saying Scratchin's said something on the thread, but the ACTUAL thread isn't showing your message.

I give up.

Ah, there it is. My bad. Something about escalators.

• Options
    So Byrnzie, was that you on the escalator I shouted at?

:confused: What escalator?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    :confused: What escalator?
    Yesterday afternoon around half two I'm pretty sure I saw you in a leather jacket hurdling down an escalator at Victoria. If it was you you went right past me. I shouted 'Oi!' but you must've been distracted.

Good job you weren't a Brazilian. Sir Ian might have got you pelted.
  • Options

I give up.

When I submitted my reply to Byrnzie's Bloody Mary post everything hung for a while and then came back with a database error and I couldn't get it to work for a good 5 minutes or so. Then it just came back to life and my reply had been posted, so somewhere in there it got itslef well and truely confused...
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

i will be leaving work at about 5.55 so i might leave a quick message as i go out the door
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    i will be leaving work at about 5.55 so i might leave a quick message as i go out the door

All we need is some smartarse with a Blackberry who can post to the thread while we're in the Bunker... now that could lead to a rapidly incoherent series of messages...
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    All we need is some smartarse with a Blackberry who can post to the thread while we're in the Bunker... now that could lead to a rapidly incoherent series of messages...

LOL. I can see it now. Someone really antisocial keeping themselves to themselves.

'Hey what's that you're doing?'

'I'm chatting on the AET, leave me alone.'

• Options
    Just got a text from Heather. She has no internet at the moment! :eek:

She's "working" tonight but will try and make an appearance later on :cool:
  • Options

And Heather's username is...

• Options
    And Heather's username is...
    given to fly.

This is her 'in action' http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=81370850&albumID=0&imageID=2698579 (she's the on in red)

:D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

:eek: no internet :( work but :cool: she will be able to make it at some point ... hopefully before I have to leave :o ... if not you'll have to say hi to her for me!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Yesterday afternoon around half two I'm pretty sure I saw you in a leather jacket hurdling down an escalator at Victoria. If it was you you went right past me. I shouted 'Oi!' but you must've been distracted.

Good job you weren't a Brazilian. Sir Ian might have got you pelted.

Yeah, that was me. I was popping over to Oxford Circus from Victoria at about 14:20ish. Shiiit! Didn't hear ya!
  • Options

Hmmm... seems like a character :D

• Options
    Hmmm... seems like a character :D

ack! can't watch/see. it i'm not a myspace member and have no intention of signing up for it, I'm wasting enough time in here as it is... ;)