Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    E.K wrote:
    Just checked the Ten Club site. Looks like the Sydney tickets have sold out! Thank god I got in early.
    but that's just the allocated 10c tix...hasn't gone on sale to public yet...I'm sure it'll sell out totally once that happens.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Troy wrote:
    Tickets on sale at ticketek will be $112.40. I think that will be the case for all shows btw. This is pretty close to the 10C ticket price.

I have based this information off of http://www.preferredseating.com.au

The consistently charge the regular price for tickets and then add their promoters fee to it.

jesus christ. that's almost as much as the BDO.
    for that price they better rock my fucking world twice. this is why i hate gigs at the hip hop dome.oops......... i mean the superdome oops..... what the heck do they call it now?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    jesus christ. that's almost as much as the BDO.
    for that price they better rock my fucking world twice. this is why i hate gigs at the hip hop dome.oops......... i mean the superdome oops..... what the heck do they call it now?

It's just been re-named Acer Arena and I've never been there before for a concert.. I hope it's ok.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    but that's just the allocated 10c tix...hasn't gone on sale to public yet...I'm sure it'll sell out totally once that happens.

It probably says that because I've already bought my two tickets to Sydney. D'oh!
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I kinda wanted them to play at least one show in Brisbane at the river stage..... but I'm still just happy that they are coming back at all!!!
  • JJJJJJ Posts: 24
    No worries ;)

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're playing at the Sunday Session sometime in the arvo, I'm not sure exactly when though. Should be good
    Gday all yes Band Substance are playing at the Cobblers on Sunday from 6.00 to 10.00 just rang the sister of one of the guys who play and it is definate they may even play outside if weather permitting. Kylie if i hear anything I will pm you or text would you please do the same for me sorry im a bit slow I only just finnished work
  • Major ClodMajor Clod Posts: 81
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    To go to Adelaide too, w would have to fly from Townsville to Brisbane then Brisbane to Adelaide -- minimum $700....x 2 = $1,400 just for flights!

Definitely not going to Adelaide -- I'm glad I got that out of my system!!!

We are driving to Sydney from Brisbane, driving back for the Brisbane show and flying to melbourne. We were going to do adelaide too as it was only going to be an extra $100 to fly there, but that 8 day gap between the shows was going to be a killer with accomodation, food, drinks, transport etc....
    E.K wrote:
    It's just been re-named Acer Arena and I've never been there before for a concert.. I hope it's ok.

i've only been to taste of chaos there. we were in the second row on the first tier directly in front of the stage. it was okay but i wouldn't want to be that far away for someone i really wanted to see.

i'm so spoiled seeing bands in licensed venues and pubs. that's what it is. i groan whenever a band plays anywhere bigger than the hordern. but the acer arena. it's too big.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    JJJ wrote:
    Gday all yes Band Substance are playing at the Cobblers on Sunday from 6.00 to 10.00 just rang the sister of one of the guys who play and it is definate they may even play outside if weather permitting. Kylie if i hear anything I will pm you or text would you please do the same for me sorry im a bit slow I only just finnished work
    You go Sadie!!! I'll deffinitely text you if I hear ANYTHING!!! You'll be the first. I'd say outside at Cobblers is a big possibility...I think it's gonna be in the 30's on Sunday...don't know if I can get there for night time, was hoping it would be day... would get home too late probly midnightish and have to get kids off to school next morning...got no sleep last nite waiting/hoping to by 10c tix this morning and prob won't get any sleep til I do manage to book them....I CAN"T TAKE MUCH MORE!!! GIVE ME MY TIX!!!!
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    just did a few figures on the calculator regarding the rise in ticket prices. thought you might find it interesting:

1995 was $37, 1998 was $50 = 26% increase in ticket prices

1998 was $50, 2003 was $80 = 33% increase

(Between 2001 and 2002 there was a dramatic rise in the inflation of concert tickets in Oz. The average cost to see a big international band rose from $60 to about $90.)

This brings us to now:

2003 was $80, 2006 is $110 = 28% increase

So really, when we consider that ticket prices generally average an increase of 10% per year then we shouldn't be too surprised. Obviously seeing PJ over the $100 mark is a bit of a psychological barrier, but they're still charging an average price for a big international band.

Peace

Judd
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    So really, when we consider that ticket prices generally average an increase of 10% per year then we shouldn't be too surprised. Obviously seeing PJ over the $100 mark is a bit of a psychological barrier, but they're still charging an average price for a big international band.

Peace

Judd

that may be so. but i have never paid that much for a touring band.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • danbdanb Posts: 3
    lets just hope that they keep using their profits for good causes. (even though they don't make much from stadium shows)
  • Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    Boy, it's been a hectic night on the board!

Glad to hear everyone(? i hope) got tix.

Back to the work for a Newcastle show!!!!!!!

KOR
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
  • TORONTO, night one:
    Set List 1: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Better Man, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go

1st Encore: Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive

2nd Encore: Porch, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

TORONTO, night two:
    Set 1: Release, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Unemployable, Dissident, Even Flow, Corduroy, I am Mine, Low Light, Improv*, Whipping, You Are, I Got Id/( Cinnamon Girl) , Betterman/ (Save It For Later), Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Wasted Reprise/ Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, State Of Love And Trust, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd encore: Improv*, GO, Crazy Mary, Fuckin’ Up, Indifference, Yellow Ledbetter / (Beast Of Burden)*

ALBANY:
    Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Evolution, Small Town, Given To Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall, Off He Goes, Gone, Grievance, Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Comatose, Why Go

Encore 1: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Satan’s Bed, Wishlist, Rats, Porch

Encore 2: Last Kiss, Come Back, Sad, Crazy Mary, Alive
    Wave came crashing...
  • another pearler from the lads in Albany

Red Mozzie!!!
    Wave came crashing...
    Andre_W wrote:
    Boy, it's been a hectic night on the board!

Glad to hear everyone(? i hope) got tix.

Back to the work for a Newcastle show!!!!!!!

KOR
    No tix for me yet...sniff sniff...wiping tears from eyes
    Bring on perth 10c tix already pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    TORONTO, night one:
    Set List 1: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Better Man, Even Flow, Unemployable, Garden, Sad, Corduroy, Present Tense, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Inside Job, Why Go

1st Encore: Do The Evolution, Jeremy, Come Back, Alive

2nd Encore: Porch, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

TORONTO, night two:
    Set 1: Release, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Unemployable, Dissident, Even Flow, Corduroy, I am Mine, Low Light, Improv*, Whipping, You Are, I Got Id/( Cinnamon Girl) , Betterman/ (Save It For Later), Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Wasted Reprise/ Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, State Of Love And Trust, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd encore: Improv*, GO, Crazy Mary, Fuckin’ Up, Indifference, Yellow Ledbetter / (Beast Of Burden)*

ALBANY:
    Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Evolution, Small Town, Given To Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall, Off He Goes, Gone, Grievance, Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Comatose, Why Go

Encore 1: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Satan’s Bed, Wishlist, Rats, Porch

Encore 2: Last Kiss, Come Back, Sad, Crazy Mary, Alive

ahh its seeing setlists like that that make me justify spending so much money this morning on tickets..
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    just did a few figures on the calculator regarding the rise in ticket prices. thought you might find it interesting:

1995 was $37, 1998 was $50 = 26% increase in ticket prices

1998 was $50, 2003 was $80 = 33% increase

(Between 2001 and 2002 there was a dramatic rise in the inflation of concert tickets in Oz. The average cost to see a big international band rose from $60 to about $90.)

This brings us to now:

2003 was $80, 2006 is $110 = 28% increase

Peace

Judd

so basically australians have been paying more then everyone else since about 1998. i can recall paying $35 USD (or maybe it was only $30) for tickets to seattle in 2000. inflation and travel costs. wow.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    woah whats this thread doing on the second page?! bump yo'
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • get tickets krystie? which shows
    Wave came crashing...
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    Krys,

Just hit the sack again and woke up feeling so crap!! Don't ya hate that?

Sending the confirmation email over to ya now!

Brad
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

Troy wrote:
    Tickets on sale at ticketek will be $112.40. I think that will be the case for all shows btw. This is pretty close to the 10C ticket price.

I have based this information off of http://www.preferredseating.com.au

The consistently charge the regular price for tickets and then add their promoters fee to it.

what the fuck is this?? omg will these seats be better?

Ten Club (289xxx)

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    jemms wrote:
    what the fuck is this?? omg will these seats be better?

In less than 10 characters : Nope.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

heyjose wrote:
    Krys,

Just hit the sack again and woke up feeling so crap!! Don't ya hate that?

Sending the confirmation email over to ya now!

Brad

hey brad!!! i did that too now i gotta go to work. hey rhys! brad being the gentleman that he is has bought my melbourne ticket!! but i still gotta get the perth ones, and im still pissed off coz i dont know whether or not they will process my 10C tickets because i put a different billing address to the CC users name :(

Ten Club (289xxx)

heyjose wrote:
    In less than 10 characters : Nope.

HAHA 10 characters!!! oi if perth doesnt get 10C tickets? then would it be faster to purchase tickets online or sleep out next thursday?

Ten Club (289xxx)

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    woot woot got melb and adleiade , and hoping to get another melborune show :p

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Pappas wrote:
    woot woot got melb and adleiade , and hoping to get another melborune show :p
    nice! yeah i cant wait for perth to be announced!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    hey brad sorry i just got ya msges hhahahaha

Ten Club (289xxx)

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    jemms wrote:
    HAHA 10 characters!!! oi if perth doesnt get 10C tickets? then would it be faster to purchase tickets online or sleep out next thursday?

Well you can sleep out next thursday but you'll feel like a bit of a goose when they don't have perth tix for sale, they go onsale may 26th
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
This discussion has been closed.