Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    as long as i'm on the floor in brisbane it's close enough, our seats last time were crap right up the back and we were on the fone to tickettek for ages for that and it was the 2nd show

unlucky man, i got 5th row for night 2 from ticketek
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    jemms wrote:
    how much is roughly $100 in AU?? coverted from us

$1 USD = $1.29 AUD

or

$1 AUD = $0.77 USD
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    thats hard to say since im still "new" to buying tix i Aus. i would say about $10 less per ticket. maybe in the $80- $90 range for the top ticket in each city, going over $100 is really expensive for the general public.

last year on the Candian tour i was paying $75 CAD through 10C for tickets that were $60 through ticketmaster. fan club buyers outside of america have to deal with the exchnage rate and im sure the 10C has admin stuff to deal with since they are working outside of their home country.

thank you, this is heartening news!

although they did have those $122 tix on sale thru preferredseating or virginblue or whatever. so maybe we are paying what the public will pay. i still hope though.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

heyjose wrote:
    thank you, this is heartening news!

although they did have those $122 tix on sale thru preferredseating or virginblue or whatever. so maybe we are paying what the public will pay. i still hope though.

um yeah last tour the ticket price was the same for general public as what the 10c tix were
  • filthy_canvisfilthy_canvis Posts: 813
    unlucky man, i got 5th row for night 2 from ticketek
    very unlucky we had 3 fones and the inter nut going but no dice
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    with who i can go from hob -> bris-> melb ->adel -> hob for 490 with virgin blue

WHAT???? :eek: I better check those Townsville to Adelaide prices again!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    um yeah last tour the ticket price was the same for general public as what the 10c tix were

okay. i could be wrong, im going by my own past experiences and trying to remain optimistic.
    I went to the concert
    okay. i could be wrong, im going by my own past experiences and trying to remain optimistic.

if it was differant i think it was only like 1 or 2 dollars, but you get thoses differances from city to city anyway. but yeah i guess we will find out what ticketek are selling them for on tues or wed when the pre sale starts
    To go to Adelaide too, w would have to fly from Townsville to Brisbane then Brisbane to Adelaide -- minimum $700....x 2 = $1,400 just for flights!

Definitely not going to Adelaide -- I'm glad I got that out of my system!!!
    very unlucky we had 3 fones and the inter nut going but no dice

damn, what time did you buy them?, i got mine on the internet right when the second show went onsale
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    We have to fly from Townsville to Brisbane then Brisbane to Adelaide -- minimum $700....x 2 = $1,400 just for flights!

Don't stress there Zig, not much you can do.

I think I need to form a support group for people like us whose plans have changed.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    biffhardon wrote:
    http://www.xe.com

That'll tell you exactly.

Thanks.

$175.84 American dollars for my two Sydney tickets equals $227.56 Australian dollars.

For that price I'll expect a strip tease from Eddie. ;)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I Thought Tickets Woud Sell Out Alot Faster Then That. Where Is Everyone?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    We have to fly from Townsville to Brisbane then Brisbane to Adelaide -- minimum $700....x 2 = $1,400 just for flights!

yeah and by the time you add in accomadation, food and PJ tix it's fucking expensive, i was thinking of going to sydney, i woulda got a flight for like $40 a free place to stay, but i'm still not gonna, it's gonna cost me over $500 just to see the 2 brissie shows with tix and merch and that
    E.K wrote:
    Thanks.

$175.84 American dollars for my two Sydney tickets equals $227.56 Australian dollars.

For that price I'll expect a strip tease from Eddie. ;)

you might get one.. he normally starts the show with a jacket and a few tops on.. then ends with only a t-shirt :P
    I went to the concert
    damn, what time did you buy them?, i got mine on the internet right when the second show went onsale

For the first Brisbane concert in 2003, I rang up Ticketek at 9am on the dot and got through a few mins later -- we got the floor about 20 rows back. Couldn't see anything but the atmosphere was fantastic! When I looked up at the angle seats, there were people SITTING DOWN!!! **shakes head** Some people just don't get it.

DAvid Bowie was the same -- except I was on the angle seats looking down at EVERYONE standing, jumping, screaming, dancing! Regarless of whether I never see again, I'm always going on the floor.
    yeah and by the time you add in accomadation, food and PJ tix it's fucking expensive, i was thinking of going to sydney, i woulda got a flight for like $40 a free place to stay, but i'm still not gonna, it's gonna cost me over $500 just to see the 2 brissie shows with tix and merch and that

much cheaper than flying to america to see them ;-) thats whats in the back of my head right now
    I went to the concert
    you might get one.. he normally starts the show with a jacket and a few tops on.. then ends with only a t-shirt :P

Hey.. It will be nearly summer here in November so hopefully the T-shirt will go as well this time. :p
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Ok so I just got tix to Melbourne. But here's my problem. I'm in NZ. I had a friend who was gonna get tix to Melbourne and I was gonna use her tix. But I though she had forgotten casue she wasn't online. She ALSO got tix. Which means we can't got together. She is very pissed of at me now. I've emailed the ticketing dept. @ Ten Club and explained my situation. I hope they can sort it out. It hasn't been charged to the Visa yet so I'm guessing It takes awhile to process it. Any advice???

If 10C can not cancel my order I will sell my tickets to a 10C member. Please PM me if you are interested. First in first served. Remember it all depends on if 10C can cancel my order so I can't garuntee you'll get tix. If you have no idea what I'm talking about please read the quote above^^^

Brendan
    well there were 3 of us on from the time the frist show went on sale and we got those tix about 1030 so i recomend anyone going for public sale just get set up well and have a few ppl doin it
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

• DON'T DO IT!

im out, good luck all :eek:

Heeeeeyyyyy Stells, it's Char!!!!! Just thought I'd pop in and see what's happening!!!!
    ~ Got Pearl Jam? Hell, who needs milk? (just a bottle of red will do thanks!)
    I have just added a new member to my family he's name is oskar and he is a dogue de bordeaux (turner and hooch) i have had 2 dogs in my life time and young oskar is shaping up to be a great dog have you got any pointers for this breed as i was very interested in what you where saying about the huskie
    sorry has nothing to do with the tour but it may help me stress a little less

Ohhhh, I love those dogs...never met on in person but I think they are really cute -- and I love BIG dogs.
  • ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ohhhh, I love those dogs...never met on in person but I think they are really cute -- and I love BIG dogs.
    does he drool as much as Hooch?
  • TroyTroy Posts: 12
    Tickets on sale at ticketek will be $112.40. I think that will be the case for all shows btw. This is pretty close to the 10C ticket price.

I have based this information off of http://www.preferredseating.com.au

The consistently charge the regular price for tickets and then add their promoters fee to it.
    Just realized they've finished with Yellow ledbetter at all of the first 4 shows....interesting to see if they do that for all...hav 2 keep an eye on the set lists.
    Just saw WWS on video hits again...cool...does anyone know the signifigance of the guy with the ball???
    Just saw WWS on video hits again...cool...does anyone know the signifigance of the guy with the ball???
    did u not see the ball turn into the earth at the end
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    Christchurch 2009

Sydney! Sydney! Sydney!

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

did u not see the ball turn into the earth at the end
    Oooooooooooohhh! no. seen it a few times now and never noticed that...thanks..I'll watch tomorrow.
    Hopefully I'll get to see the boys up close for a change. Can't wait until November 7! :D

This discussion has been closed.