Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    vitalcord wrote:
    Acer arena is the new name for the Sydney Superdome, which is in the Olympic Park area of Homebush. Pretty close to nothing as far as I know.

Yep bum fuck idaho it is or Bonnie Doon for us Aussies.

There is a train station at the park also so dont get off at Homebush
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • at the outlet AT the venue

got ours at 10am, although they said after 5pm, but cos they'd never seen ppl so eager (desperate) they gave em to us at 10 lol

lol...cool
    :D
    Wave came crashing...
  • DonJon wrote:

DonJon...do u know if there are any hotels at homebush, or do u know the names of the nearby suburbs?
    Wave came crashing...
  • ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    Im from swanbourne smalltowngirl....which is near cottesloe and claremont
    Yep...know it...nudy beach etc;.
    Reason 4 asking...do you know of any good accommodation in walking distance of Subi Oval? Be damned if I'm gonna drive 2 hours to get there and then 2 hours after the concert to get home. Another reason The Dome was good...heaps of accom; close by.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Looks like I wil be staying at the Boondall Motel in Brissy for the show, looks pretty dodgy...haha

yeah it is, but it's not much of a train ride back into town, or you could always find a fan with a spare seat in the car going that way
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    DonJon wrote:

DJ.. what's a good suburb to stay in that's close-ish? or not tooooo far a drive.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• yeah it is, but it's not much of a train ride back into town, or you could always find a fan with a spare seat in the car going that way

does the train stop right next to the centre threefish??
    Could u recommend some suburbs next to the rail line?
    Wave came crashing...
    DonJon...do u know if there are any hotels at homebush, or do u know the names of the nearby suburbs?

Yep theres a Novotel about 300 metres away probably only bout 100-130 per night and I have a feeling there is an Ibis there as well.

HeyJose - I gotta get off for an hour or so but remind me in the forum or PM me on the morrow and Ill give ya some more info. My assignment was due 9am Monday and Im just puutting the finishing touches on it!
    does the train stop right next to the centre threefish??
    Could u recommend some suburbs next to the rail line?

There is a station 100 metres walk from the ent cent, the trains will be fucking packed, and the stupid transit police will be checking EVERY SINGLE PERSON for their train tickets, like the dickheads that they are, which will make it even harder to get out of the train station
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    DonJon wrote:
    Yep theres a Novotel about 300 metres away probably only bout 100-130 per night and I have a feeling there is an Ibis there as well.

HeyJose - I gotta get off for an hour or so but remind me in the forum or PM me on the morrow and Ill give ya some more info. My assignment was due 9am Monday and Im just puutting the finishing touches on it!

no worries man!!! cheers.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• There is a station 100 metres walk from the ent cent, the trains will be fucking packed, and the stupid transit police will be checking EVERY SINGLE PERSON for their train tickets, like the dickheads that they are, which will make it even harder to get out of the train station

oh theyre the same in perth...
    I suppose I will just stay in the city then if the rail runs by the centre...good stuff
    Wave came crashing...
  • it is the TICKETEK presale on wednesday the 17th. and we dont know anything at all about 10c for australia, or whether it is GA, or prices, or ANYTHING. no one does. NO ONE. so no more questions until they announce.

here we go again get of ya high horse
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    oh theyre the same in perth...
    I suppose I will just stay in the city then if the rail runs by the centre...good stuff

Yeah you will probably find the best and maybe the cheapest accomadation in town, unless the $80 a night in a real crappy motel in boodall or near by is good enough for ya. or you could pay like $20-$40 more to stay in a nicer hotel in the city. or you could pay the $300-$400 a night to stay at the same hotel a Pearl Jam
  • Hey SmallTownGirl,

There isnt really much accommodation i can think of right now around subi...but I will drive through subi tomorrow on my way to uni and see if i can spot something up which is really close!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    DonJon wrote:

I checked the prices of these hotels the other night:
    $600 for the Novotel
    $500 for the Ibis
    Bloody thieves when it comes to accomodation on the night of a show.
    You're better off staying in the city
    Hey SmallTownGirl,

There isnt really much accommodation i can think of right now around subi...but I will drive through subi tomorrow on my way to uni and see if i can spot something up which is really close!
    Aren't you a Darl!! Don't go to any trouble tho...I've got plenty of time to check myself, just thought I'd ask in case you could recommend anything.
    Well...guess I might go for today...there's not gonna be anything announced now.... and plus it's tea time at the nursing home...hehehe
    Catchya tomorrow, no doubt.
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I checked the prices of these hotels the other night:
    $600 for the Novotel
    $500 for the Ibis
    Bloody thieves when it comes to accomodation on the night of a show.
    You're better off staying in the city

You can stay in the friggin Park Hyatt or Sheraton on the Park for that and probably get a suite.

Thats insane for some 3 1/2 star westy shitbox!!!!!!!

Later kids gotta run. Ill update Homebush hotel info (and local areas 2moz).

Flip Side
  • anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    for the Sydney concert...your best bet is to go to the city...and stay maybe in a cheaper hotel...maybe backpackers...its only 20mins by train...

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • ziggidy wrote:
    for the Sydney concert...your best bet is to go to the city...and stay maybe in a cheaper hotel...maybe backpackers...its only 20mins by train...

Yeah I'd like to...but that big city of seems a little daunting...
    Wave came crashing...
  • talithatalitha Posts: 29
    i'm getting anxious. so because on;t one show is annouced, all the ten club members will be at the show? all this pre-sale stuff and the lack of info is getting me nervous.
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    hey what was the site for judds forum again?? lifewasted.net?? and what was the petition link for newcastle??

if any melbournians score shithot 10C seats to PJ and have a spare, can you give me a pm coz I dont trust that my sis is gonna get me good seats coz she's not like me on here everyday waiting for info! so im worried shes gonna get crap seats haha. Plus her 10C # is worse than mine. I'm making the trip over from perth so any help would be appreciated but only if you have a spare
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
    Ah c'mon...who's the oldie now...hehehe! where's ur sense of adventure?
    you have nothing to worry about...if you are in the city...you walk to Central station...then you go straight to the Olympic Park station. Easy! no problems at all! sydney isnt that daunting

• Ah c'mon...who's the oldie now...hehehe! where's ur sense of adventure?

haha...that just cracked me up...yeah...i admit...im a big pussy
    Wave came crashing...
  • does anybodt know how long it took 10C to announce there tiket release after the initial europe tour was anonced

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    does anybodt know how long it took 10C to announce there tiket release after the initial europe tour was anonced
    the same day

its just the Perth thing here thats holding it up

• ziggidy wrote:
    the same day

its just the Perth thing here thats holding it up

you know that for sure or just guessing

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    haha...that just cracked me up...yeah...i admit...im a big pussy
    Hey if...no-WHEN I win lotto, I'll be getting tickets to all Aus shows, so I can be your Mum and walk you to the train station...LOL!
    I can't imagine how excited all you guys are!!! I'm so excited that I'll be at 1 Perth show (if they ever announce it!) and most of you lot on here are going to multiple shows...ya lucky bugga's - UNREAL!!!
    you know that for sure or just guessing
    im 99% sure

• Hey if...no-WHEN I win lotto, I'll be getting tickets to all Aus shows, so I can be your Mum and walk yo to the train station...LOL!
    I can't imagine how excited all you guys are!!! I'm so excited that I'll be a 1 Perth show (if they ever announce it!) and most of you lot on here are going to multiple show...ya lucky bugga's - UNREAL!!!

I promise I will be good at all the shows I attend Mum, and will behave responsibly

:) lol
    Wave came crashing...
This discussion has been closed.