Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    im having faith in the 10c that one of their pre-requisites when selecting a promoter would be that we get tickets for all shows. it works in the US, it works in europe.... dont see why not here. i believe we will get tickets for all shows.

Well you just hang onto that faith judd, you gotta rememner we are dealing with coppel here, don't get me wrong it'd be kickarse to get 10c tix to all shows, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up, only a few days and we should know for sure.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • This is going to be insane
    I mentioned the whole road trip thing to my house mates and some friends and 7 of us have put the PJ tour road trip in motion...Sydney...Gold Coast (surfing) and then onto Brissy and back to Perth.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Ben Red BlueBen Red Blue Posts: 124
    nah overseas is not an option for me.
    ok it might not take 6 years but it will be 4-5 years. it takes ages to make a new album

Has everyone seen this:
    Once the itinerary wraps in November in Australia, the band will choose between additional roadwork in 2007 or starting a new album. From Pearl Jam's perspective, emerging from a period of uncertainty with an album its members love was the best of all possible outcomes.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • well Ben red Blue..lets hope they go in and record again...theyre on a roll
    Wave came crashing...
  • pearlygirlypearlygirly Posts: 48
    This is the most nervous I have ever been in my life!

I was on the phone to my dad today, makeing sure he could be on standby for tickets too, and he was silent for a minute, and continued by saying are you sure you want to do this? Its a lot of money, think of what else you could buy, blah blah blah, he was so close to saying it was a waste, but I think he knew better than to say that. Its funny, I really don't care what other people think. I get into these psycho moods, everything revolves around Pearl Jam. But something tells me that I'm not the only one.

The only thing to remedy my situation is Pearl Jam tickets IN MY HANDS!
    I said YEH!
  • imtheoceanimtheocean Posts: 8
    Lukin_oz wrote:
    Second shows arent really announced until after the first has sold out... they KNOW there will be multiple shows in Brissy, Syd and Melb. But still wont announce them until nights 1s are close to selling out.

The important issue in this regard is if 10C get tickets to these added dates, al la EUR, USA.

It would be quite unfair IMO to 10C members who have been paying annual fees, if some people at the box office or online could get lucky when a second show goes on sale straight after. It would defeat the entire purpose.

But I'll just stay and wait for the announcement.
    well Ben red Blue..lets hope they go in and record again...theyre on a roll

Ohhh.. dont let the Brits see that! Big cry babies they are!

Hopefully Australia will get treated like the USA tour because obviously they're waiting to add more shows and they'll let us reserve tickets to possible show additions.

*crosses toes*

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

• pearlygirlypearlygirly Posts: 48
    During the '03 tour, the second show wasn't announced till at least a week after the first, and the third was announced after that, and it wasn't a really big announcement either. I kept going into the ticketek office and asking the poor lady there if it had been announced yet.

I think they gave me tickets just to shut me up...
    I said YEH!
  • Hi Guys!!!

Hope all has been well in here. Moving was tough but were in and all is looking good so far :)

I have been hankering for a post whore and I come in and find 55 pages of new stuff....i cannot read all of it. Would someone please give me a quick update on all of the happenings over the past week. I know that the tix go on sale on the 19th. I know that is through Coppel....where the hell is 10C right now?? Need the info. Thanks guys. Have missed you all :)
    Great to be back :P
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Holy Shit....Im a "Hitchhiker" :D:D:D thats so cool :D
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Hi Tig, great to see you back again, hope the packings going well, no real news apart from the tour info confirmation, everyones stressed that it's in uni exam times, understandibly, also waiting on a WA date, and ten club confirmation on ticketing, all I expect will come in the next few days, fingers crossed.
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    Hi Tig, great to see you back again, hope the packings going well, no real news apart from the tour info confirmation, everyones stressed that it's in uni exam times, understandibly, also waiting on a WA date, and ten club confirmation on ticketing, all I expect will come in the next few days, fingers crossed.

Thanks Mate :) Still unpacking some stuff....just stuff with no real home yet. We thought we had so much shit in the townhouse....but damn this house has heaps of room :) its so great :)

So Coppel is definately starting ticket sales on the 19th....thats only 8 days away!! Damn 10C better get there butts into gear....maybe they are just keeping us in complete suspense for as long as they can....they know we have been patiently waiting for so long!
  • Do you have the links for the webcast and the letterman show Rick? ALl the links i find are dead :(
  • i really need to get some sleep.

Will catch up with you all tomorrow :) damn its good to be back :p the old fingers havent been the same :p:p

Keep on Rockin to the Aus 10C tix Pre Sale :)

Night Rick :)
  • Major ClodMajor Clod Posts: 81
    Tigress, there is also a general public online presale of tickets on Wednesday the 17th. Thats probably the most recent info we have. Hopefully when I wake in the morning there will be a shiney new 10C email... lol!
  • themuzzthemuzz Posts: 10
    Hey guys,

i've been reading through a fair few pages and want to make a few points

1. Sure the 10C ticket info has been slow but rest assured 10C members are going to get better tix than 99% of the audience. If your vertically challenged you could be better off swapping with someone in the first tier...it's a much better view than the back off people's heads!

2. Flame me if you like but i think a petition for a Newcastle show is a bit embarrassing. Give it up! It's a 4500 seat stadium from what I read. I'd love a gig at the hordern or Enmore theatre but it's not gonna happen. There are other places like Canberra for instance that would love a gig. They are most likely going to play 2 or possibly 3 shows in Sydney.

In oz the band will travel from gig to gig by air. They have only ever played capital cities in 95/98/03 so i can't see it changing. Imagine the requests they have throughout their tours. Be thankful they are visiting our shores. Mexico had to wait longer than 10 years!

3. Ever since the 95 tour there have always been rumors of secret gigs but it's always a rumor that gets spread around without any basis. The best bet would be to arrive before the support band and try catch Ed doing an acoustic set. It happened throughout the 2003 tour!

Anyway,

I'm Mike, 26 from Sydney and a 10C member. Seen PJ in 95/98/03...10 times in all! Unfortunately due to me being wheelchair bound i'll be sitting halway back at the superdome (acer). I'll be passing my 10C tix on to my thankful sis.

November can't come quick enough!

http://www.myspace.com/michael79
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    hi folks! someone keep me posted with coppel please coz my computer has decided it doesnt want to load http://www.coppel.com.au anymore!!! damn it...

where did this thread disappear to down the line...?? we will have to combine the posts from this thread and the other Aus tour announcement thread :D
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • JagkorpsJagkorps Posts: 9
    i dunno if anyone else has mentioned this.. but on the kings of leon site they have a perth date as:

Nov 25 - Perth - Subiaco Oval
    Tickets On Sale Now

Is there a good chance this is the combined show with PJ?
    OH WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!! THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! They are supporting Pearl Jam so ofcourse it is correct!! Kings of Leon I love those guys, they announced everything before anyone else hahahahaha

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT you are fuckn awesome mate!!!!

much love ;) jemms

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

wait a minute??? tix on sale NOW!!!!!!!!!!! surely not thats wrong?!?

Ten Club (289xxx)

jemms wrote:
    wait a minute??? tix on sale NOW!!!!!!!!!!! surely not thats wrong?!?

No no they won't be on sale yet, don't worry!

Any being an oval, that'll be General Admission won't it???

If its the only GA show in Australia, I'm flying to Perth too!!!
    mate for being the first person to break that news, you can fucking well have my spare 10C ticket if you come to Perth!!!!!! I fucking hope it is GA!!!!!! OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO PUMPED NOW!!!!! major you are the fucking man. I cant open kingsofleon website coz my computer is fucked but im taking your word for it!!!! fucking love you!! hhahaha i cant stop swearing sorry guys i do that when i get heaps excited

Ten Club (289xxx)

jemms wrote:
    mate for being the first person to break that news, you can fucking well have my spare 10C ticket if you come to Perth!!!!!! I fucking hope it is GA!!!!!! OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO PUMPED NOW!!!!! major you are the fucking man. I cant open kingsofleon website coz my computer is fucked but im taking your word for it!!!! fucking love you!! hhahaha i cant stop swearing sorry guys i do that when i get heaps excited

Ahh it wasn't me it was Jagkorps who made the post! But yeah I just went to the KOL site and it does have Subiaco listed there on the 25th. It says tickets on sale now for all of those shows so I don't think it's anything to worry about :)
    oh fuck my apologies jagkorps!!! YOU are the fucking man!!!!!!!! this is the best day of my life.... so far... until november 25th ahahhaa

Ten Club (289xxx)

I am fckn beside myself I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

give me a fckn PJ mosh, and my life is complete!!! please be GA!!! maybe this is why the 10C ticket info is taking so long to process!!

Ten Club (289xxx)

• worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    jemms did u go and look at the kings of leon site? it also says that adelaide is on the 22nd nov not 21st.... interesting

if nothing is everything i would have it all
    hi megan!!
    no i cant because my computer is fucked and it wont load websites with flashs on them so I'm spewin coz I cant even look on http://www.coppel.com.au can you look on there and tell me if anything is up yet?? I fucking hope KOL site is right coz i just posted that news everywhere.... :eek: haha

Ten Club (289xxx)

awwwwww wheres the love aussie jamily!! I am celebrating all on my own here!!! and it sucks but I'm bumping this thread for us!! aussies reprezent!!! haha see you all tomorrow cant wait to read more posts although its my first day at my new job!! tix will go on sale i bet when im not home!! damn it

Ten Club (289xxx)

jemms did u go and look at the kings of leon site? it also says that adelaide is on the 22nd nov not 21st.... interesting

They wouldnt do two shows in Adelaide... no one does!

hey ben
    i think she meant there was a typo on the site saying that adelaide was on november 22nd when it should say 21st ;)

Ten Club (289xxx)

This discussion has been closed.