Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• i had a dream eddie shaved his head again

EDDIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    morning pit members

what an exciting time to be a pearl jam fan, a brilliant new album and an upcoming aus tour! woot!

whens it gonna be announced?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Pappas wrote:
    morning pit members

what an exciting time to be a pearl jam fan, a brilliant new album and an upcoming aus tour! woot!

whens it gonna be announced?

I keep hearing that May 4th is gonna be the big announcment.
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Thursday's the big tour announcement. I'll have my eyes glued to Coppels website on Thursday!

Then on Friday, we will get the Letterman performance.

This week is a great week to be an Aussie!
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • obbleobble Posts: 49
    Holy fudgeballs, what an amazing album! Starts off so punishingly raw and develops into sleepy bliss. The harder songs will grow on me after a few listens, as harder songs tend to do. After first listen my favourites are: Come Back, Inside Job, Marker in the Sand and Parachutes with: Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Comatose, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone, Wasted Reprise (very nice touch) and Army Reserve coming in at a close second.

WAHOOOOOOOO!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: NZ Leg Chieftain & Member No.6-+--+

**Drop the Leash on my Garden Porch, Downunder 06'**
  • obble wrote:
    Holy fudgeballs, what an amazing album! Starts off so punishingly raw and develops into sleepy bliss. The harder songs will grow on me after a few listens, as harder songs tend to do. After first listen my favourites are: Come Back, Inside Job, Marker in the Sand and Parachutes with: Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Comatose, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone, Wasted Reprise (very nice touch) and Army Reserve coming in at a close second.

WAHOOOOOOOO!

Hey Obble. Holy shit yes is an awesome album!!! And they are really talking it up on the Rock. I think there some ignorant people out there who are refusing to give it a listen simply becasue it's Pearl Jam *cough* Tool Fans *cough*
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    already got a reply (OVERNIGHT!) bout my wrong sized hoodie!

for my troubles they're sending me a free 2003 boot! :D

any suggestions? :eek:
    wah
  • ***Don't read if you are still on a blackout***

I was reading some of the lyrics for the first time last night (I like to listen to the music alot first, then the lyrics) and I dunno if it's just my interpretation but are the songs Army Reserve, World Wide Suicide and Come Back a trilogy?

Army Reserve -

"Her son's slanted
    always giving her
    the sideways eye
    an empty chair where dad sits
    how loud can silence get?
    and mom, she reassures
    to contain him
    but it's becoming a lie

she tells herself
    and everyone else
    father is risking
    his life for our freedoms"

A husband gone to war to fight for so called 'freedom'

World Wide Suicide -

"...Saw his face in the corner picture. I recognised the name.
    Could not stop staring at the. Face I'd never see again.

It's a shame to awake in a world of pain
    what does it mean when a war has taken over

It's the same everyday in a hell manmade
    what can be saved, and who will be left to hold her[/i]

This man being killed and his wife and family being left without a father or husband.

Come Back -

"I have been planning out.. all that I'd say to you
    since you slipped away.... know that I still remain true
    I've been wishing out the days,..
    and these days, they linger on
    and in the night, as I'm waiting on
    the real possibility I may meet you in my dreams
    I got to sleep

If I don't fall apart..... will the memories stay clear
    so you had to go......... and I ha to remain here
    and sometimes you're there
    and you're talking back to me
    come the morning I could swear you're next to me
    "

'slipping away' - the death of the husband.
    'meet you in my dreams' - the only possible way of seeing someone again who has passed on?
    'If I don't fall apart - memories' - Memories are the most precious things to have in regard to loved ones and the hope that mental/psychological trauma doesn't erase them?
    'come the morning I could swear you're next to me' - The split second when we wake up from dreams we believe they were true. Then the next split second we realise its just a dream.

Also Gone also had a profound effect on me

I interpreted it as a suicide note or a suicide message and then when I read in the bottom right corner it says:
    "words/music - Vedder
    Thanks again P.T.
    "

This has to be Pete Townshend, which got me thinking onto the backmasking of Pry, To, which rumour has it says "Oh Pete Townshend how you saved my life"
    Could this songs lyrics been sone of Ed's deepest thoughts when he was growing up?
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • ***Don't read if you are still on a blackout***

I was reading some of the lyrics for the first time last night (I like to listen to the music alot first, then the lyrics) and I dunno if it's just my interpretation but are the songs Army Reserve, World Wide Suicide and Come Back a trilogy?

Army Reserve -

"Her son's slanted
    always giving her
    the sideways eye
    an empty chair where dad sits
    how loud can silence get?
    and mom, she reassures
    to contain him
    but it's becoming a lie

she tells herself
    and everyone else
    father is risking
    his life for our freedoms"

A husband gone to war to fight for so called 'freedom'

World Wide Suicide -

"...Saw his face in the corner picture. I recognised the name.
    Could not stop staring at the. Face I'd never see again.

It's a shame to awake in a world of pain
    what does it mean when a war has taken over

It's the same everyday in a hell manmade
    what can be saved, and who will be left to hold her[/i]

This man being killed and his wife and family being left without a father or husband.

Come Back -

"I have been planning out.. all that I'd say to you
    since you slipped away.... know that I still remain true
    I've been wishing out the days,..
    and these days, they linger on
    and in the night, as I'm waiting on
    the real possibility I may meet you in my dreams
    I got to sleep

If I don't fall apart..... will the memories stay clear
    so you had to go......... and I ha to remain here
    and sometimes you're there
    and you're talking back to me
    come the morning I could swear you're next to me
    "

'slipping away' - the death of the husband.
    'meet you in my dreams' - the only possible way of seeing someone again who has passed on?
    'If I don't fall apart - memories' - Memories are the most precious things to have in regard to loved ones and the hope that mental/psychological trauma doesn't erase them?
    'come the morning I could swear you're next to me' - The split second when we wake up from dreams we believe they were true. Then the next split second we realise its just a dream.

Also Gone also had a profound effect on me

I interpreted it as a suicide note or a suicide message and then when I read in the bottom right corner it says:
    "words/music - Vedder
    Thanks again P.T.
    "

This has to be Pete Townshend, which got me thinking onto the backmasking of Pry, To, which rumour has it says "Oh Pete Townshend how you saved my life"
    Could this songs lyrics been sone of Ed's deepest thoughts when he was growing up?

Great theories. Also I think eveyone reading this thread has got the album now. Was released in NZ today.
  • REfried..... great interpretation mate. But, i think Come Back belongs to Johnny Ramone. Actually, i could almost put 5 bucks on it :)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Coppel... fucking bastard:

TOUR DETAILS ANNOUNCED THURS MAY 11. :(
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • REfried..... great interpretation mate. But, i think Come Back belongs to Johnny Ramone. Actually, i could almost put 5 bucks on it :)

Yeah, that's just it isn't it? The lyrics are vague sometimes and open for a wide range of interpretations...Yeah I knew about the Ramone connection.

I guess that's why PJ affect so many people - the lyrics apply to them in thier own way.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • Coppel... fucking bastard:

TOUR DETAILS ANNOUNCED THURS MAY 11. :(

He's trying to shaft 10C members isn't he?

But I guess it gives more people time to sign up...
    Damn, I was so looking forward to this Thursday. Maybe still negotiating 10c seating or one of the venues is still not set in stone yet.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    He's trying to shaft 10C members isn't he?

But I guess it gives more people time to sign up...

more time to save up tickets..... y have we got a negative perception of coppel?
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I dunno...

I read over on RM that Molly will be on Sunrise tomorrow morning at 7:40am to talk PJ, TOOL and other stuff....

Don't quote me on that, just what I read.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I dunno...

I read over on RM that Molly will be on Sunrise tomorrow morning at 7:40am to talk PJ, TOOL and other stuff....

sweet thanks for the heads up.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    I dunno...

Wondering when Molly would do something on PJ. SOmeone here works for Sunrise don't they? Anyway, they said Molly would be interviewing or at least talking about the new album.
  • can someone explain to me who or what this coppel guy is? I went to the site but still doesnt really explain what he's got to do with Pearl Jam tour.
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    just the promoter of the tour. they handled 10c tickets last time around.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    i had a dream eddie shaved his head again

EDDIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's freakish!!
    I had a dream last night where I went to see PJ and Eddie had shaved his head and had a shave.
    It was a pretty cool dream. I met Ed and Mike and for some reason I'd brought my guitar with me to the concert and Ed took it off me, tuned it and started to use it in the concert.
  • What's your fav head on the "Head Pile"? I love Ed's eyes. All the stuff oozing outta mikes head looks cool.
    What's your fav head on the "Head Pile"? I love Ed's eyes. All the stuff oozing outta mikes head looks cool.

haha. 'The Head Pile Tour'.

or even better, 'The Big World Wide Severed Hand Job Head Pile Tour. its got a nice ring to it...
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    What's your fav head on the "Head Pile"? I love Ed's eyes. All the stuff oozing outta mikes head looks cool.

I agree, Ed does look cool, but the rest of the guys also look good.
    I love that pic
  • haha. 'The Head Pile Tour'.

or even better, 'The Big World Wide Severed Hand Job Head Pile Tour. its got a nice ring to it...

give me dates. now.
    give me dates. now.

:D

lifewasted.net
  • haha. 'The Head Pile Tour'.

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    haha. 'The Head Pile Tour'.

I wonder if this could be the direction PJ are taking.
    Could 'shock rock' be Pearl Jam's future?
    Are we witnessing the biggest transitional change in music history?
    Could Pearl Jam concerts turn into theatrical spectacles eg. Alice Cooper?

Answer: No
    ;)

PULL YOUR FINGER OUT COPPEL!!!!
  • Severed Hand should be single #2!!!!!!! That song is awesome. As someone said earlier "Mike's solo kicks me in the croutch". Ha ha ha.
    Severed Hand should be single #2!!!!!!! That song is awesome. As someone said earlier "Mike's solo kicks me in the croutch". Ha ha ha.

Great song but I think Life Wasted will be single #2
This discussion has been closed.