Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• No, it's still being announced this Thursday...the date changed on the website to May 11th but then changed back to May 4th a few hours later...for some reason. All good now though :D
    the needle & the damage done
  • themuzzthemuzz Posts: 10
    Has this become the Aussie board about any Pearl Jam topic in particular or is it still about the tour? If it's a free for all count me in!

p.s i really hope Pearl Jam isn't booked in to play the Superdome in Sydney. Worst concert venue ever! I'm praying for the Entertainment Centre
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    Ah cool.. This Thursday is still good, I hope! ;-)

Id like to see small(er) venues.. No stadiums, by their history its doesnt seem like that'll happen.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Major ClodMajor Clod Posts: 81
    I guess the general subject is the tour but there is a lot of filler in this thread! :P
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    The general topic is anything goes.. ;-)
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Major Clod wrote:
    Me and a few mates are planning a bit of a trip to see them in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide... At the moment it looks like there are five of us keen to go, so there is a possibility we will have a spare 10C ticket left over for the shows other than Brisbane.

Of course we won't know for sure until everything is announced and sorted, but I'm sure there will be some people like us around with a spare ticket that would be more than happy to help you out.

yeh man, thats exactly the kind of thing i might need. I hope i wont have to but its always nice to have the reassurance of this alternative. I'll only be able to make it to the adelaide show unfortunately so i guess it wouldnt be too hard to arrange a spare ticket deal with someone hopefully.
    Still awaiting an email reply from 10c to see whats going on with my renewal.

nighty night all! :)
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • isnt that from an eminem song?

youre officially banned from this thread for one month

From South Park Fool!!!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • that too lol

what was i thinking?

but i swear its in an eminem song, ill find out which too, and then tig will be banned. If she doesnt agree to the ban, i will just report her to kat, THEN she will banned

MarthaFarker :mad: Kat wouldnt ban me.....she rocks :D:D
  • E.K wrote:
    What's the latest goss? Could someone fill me in? I've been too busy to read all the posts on this thread. Ta.

Hi E.K...the latest. well, we have a tour announcement this thursday...then it changed to next week, the Filthy emailed them with his sob story and they changed it!!! who knows but i think thats a great reason to change :)

tour announcement more than likely for November.
    New Album is AMAZING....cant be said enough :p
    Lulu has a Pink/Red fringe which burnt her head :D HAHAHAHA luv ya Lu ;)
    Brendan (UNDONE) is waiting for his confirmation of renewal so he can get 10C tix and he's abit anxious, as we all would be in his situation.
    Im sure you know Kings of Leon are Supporting.
    If you pre-ordered you album, it will smell like Avo's and your cover and booklet is way cooler cos it especially for 10Clubbers.
    Listening to Big Wave right now...Love the Chorus...Im so good at it now!
    I think thats it so far girl :)
  • So i was thinkin peeps, we all need to write to Stoney. We need to let him know about us in here and our devoted thread's ;) to the guys. How we have been talkin bout this tour in the same thread/s for over a year now. We have to write to him cos he does the bit in the Deep Magazine, we might get a mention :):) what do yall think?
  • Chrono_XChrono_X Posts: 36
    Anyone else just watch Sunrise... LOL I thought that segment was gonna be a bit better. They were talking about some party or something... Then its like "30 seconds" THEN Molly started talking about Pearl Jam then Tool. I was expecting a lil bit more....

Though he was saying the new album was going to be huge and Eddie was back in business. Something along those lines i can't remember. Then talked about the packaging of tool and PJ and how they were both good. Then quickly talked about which would be number 1 and how he would be watching closesly over the next weeks
    18/02/03 Melb
    13/11/06 Melb
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Well I watched the Sunrise thing. Waste of time, Molly spent too much time previewing RHCP interview next week and then only spent 15 second saying the new PJ album will be 'huge' and that Eddie is back. Never knew he went away, where the hell are they saying he went?
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    "do yourself a favour and buy yourself the new pj album" haha... I'm bored... That was my impression of Molly.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    with the increase in publicity for this album and the greater airplay i am guessing they could sell out the entertainment centre in sydney for 3 nights quite easily.

last tour supporting Riot Act they sold out night 1 and very nearly sold out nights 2 and 3 and there was no where near the hype and anticpation there has been for this album in my opinion.

how bout a night 4!?!?
  • PJG2FPJG2F Posts: 10
    Sony have put out that new ad with them performing WWS. For half a second at the end, it says they're touring nationally in November???

It feels like Sony/BMG are trying to milk it for everything seeing as PJ are now with J records. BTW, i hate nova, they are the worst station...

If they did tour.. it'd be awesome if it were in festival hall or the forum, its so close for the atmosphere... and, they'd sell Rod Laver out in 20 mins, like last time (im from melbourne).

Molly Meldrum... you idiot.

--How i choose to feel is how i am.
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    RUNDOWN OF THE "SUNRISE EXCLUSIVE ON PEARL JAM":

10 minute segment

0.00 - 9.30: Molly wasting his time talking about getting drunk and interviewing the Chili Peppers.
    9.31 - 9.45: "Pearl Jam is back, Eddie is back, they'll be huge with this album, go and buy it"
    9.46 - 9.50: "Oh yeh, Tool has a new album too."
    9.51 - 10.00: Picking up and hugging the news presenter like the big poof that he is.

What a big waste of time.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Hey guys! Quick question...

Tour gets announced on Thursday -- how long after that do you expect the 10c tickets to go on sale? Immediately ie on Thursday? A couple of days later?

Thanks!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Loving the album....can't stop listening to it.

Worst song: Parachutes! Wishlist or Thumbing My Way were my toilet break songs -- now Parachutes is added too! :o
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    or Thumbing My Way were my toilet break songs
    are you kidding me? thumbing my way? thats a brilliant song! love it when they stop rockin an ed pulls out the acoustic an takes it slowly, gr8 lyrics an gr8 music. ed wrote it when his hairdresser died an played it at his funeral for the family, thats how it was made. as if ya dont like it :)

parachutes isnt that bad, not that good tho

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Major ClodMajor Clod Posts: 81
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Hey guys! Quick question...

Tour gets announced on Thursday -- how long after that do you expect the 10c tickets to go on sale? Immediately ie on Thursday? A couple of days later?

Thanks!

Well based on whats happened for the last three tour legs that have been annouced this year, the 10c tickets have gone on sale a couple of days after... Whether or not it is the same process for us, we'll just have to wait and see. Make sure your credit card has some space on it though just incase!
    Major Clod wrote:
    Well based on whats happened for the last three tour legs that have been annouced this year, the 10c tickets have gone on sale a couple of days after... Whether or not it is the same process for us, we'll just have to wait and see. Make sure your credit card has some space on it though just incase!

Thanks! :D I really haven't been paying much attention to the ticket buying of the other legs etc. :o I'm at work and don't have much time to sit and read.

Do you buy the tickets through http://www.pearljam.com in the Goods Section?

Does anyone think it will be a problem if the 10c membership is in my name and I use Leigh's credit card to buy tickets?
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Thanks! :D I really haven't been paying much attention to the ticket buying of the other legs etc. :o I'm at work and don't have much time to sit and read.

Do you buy the tickets through http://www.pearljam.com in the Goods Section?

Does anyone think it will be a problem if the 10c membership is in my name and I use Leigh's credit card to buy tickets?

If you've both got the same postal address then it shouldn't be any problem.
    If you haven't, then you're in the same boat as me because I need to use my girlfriends credit card.
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    If you haven't, then you're in the same boat as me because I need to use my girlfriends credit card.

I just emailed 10c and they said it doesn't matter if the credit card used is different to the 10c member's name -- the tickets will still be processed the same. I'm starting to get paranoid already that I'll miss out on tickets!!!

HOWEVER, I used Leigh's credit card to pay for my PEarl Jam membership a few years ago and we got a call from the credit card company saying "LEIGH, a Susan has just used your credit card to purchase PEarl Jam membership -- did you okay this?" And then we said yes and it was all cool.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I just emailed 10c and they said it doesn't matter if the credit card used is different to the 10c member's name -- the tickets will still be processed the same. I'm starting to get paranoid already that I'll miss out on tickets!!!

HOWEVER, I used Leigh's credit card to pay for my PEarl Jam membership a few years ago and we got a call from the credit card company saying "LEIGH, a Susan has just used your credit card to purchase PEarl Jam membership -- did you okay this?" And then we said yes and it was all cool.

November............................ HERE I COME!!!!
    Letterman mini concert - Friday 7.45am
    Can't wait!!!
    It'll be interesting to see what songs they'll play.
    I've got a feeling Big Wave is a song that's much better live than it is in the studio, so I'm hoping they play that
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Loving the album....can't stop listening to it.

Worst song: Parachutes! Wishlist or Thumbing My Way were my toilet break songs -- now Parachutes is added too! :o

Get back in your toilet box then girl!! Love Parachutes and WL and TMW :mad:you suck ...AND CLEAN OUT YOUR PM'S SUS, I CANT SEND ANY THING TO YOU, DAMN PM WHORE!

:p
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA BAHAHAHA........fraud.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    No Coppel doesnt promote NZ shows.
    Michael Coppel does promote tours in NZ too (for example, U2).
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I was worried about the same thing, so I also email 10C and they told "No, it doesn't matter who's credit card is used, only the Ten Club member can pick up tickets." So everthing should be okay...
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Just thought I'd let everyone know, it says on Coppels website that the dates will be announced on May 8th (Monday) now. They are really fucking around with us huh?
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
This discussion has been closed.