Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Blyss wrote:
    Pearl Jam are touring aussie in november according to a tv commercial:)

yeah saw this ad earlier today while watching the footy show.... nice...

'peeaarrrllll jammmm are backkkk" haha
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    ummm...little bit weird isnt it :confused: i thought he must have been a soldier....maybe one that Ed and the boys knew...very strange.

Apperntally some of the lyrics to Army Reserve are taken from a letter that Damien wrote to Ed, that's why he gets a writing credit.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Hey hows everybody is Aussie loving the new album? Less than 24 hours for NZers. I'm gutted casue I don't live near a store thats having midnite sale.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ^ yes :)

interesting review in the sunday mail... got 3.5 stars...

so nickelback spent the day at penfolds here... 5 minutes away :eek: eeeew

whoever said their fave keeps changing, same here, between 3 songs, cant wait to hear the album live
    wah
  • Which three songs Stella? I'm in the same predicament....the three I'm tossing up between at the moment are Inside Job, Severed Hand and Come Back, but the album is that good they could easily change :D

Cheers, Mic
    the needle & the damage done
    Which three songs Stella? I'm in the same predicament....the three I'm tossing up between at the moment are Inside Job, Severed Hand and Come Back, but the album is that good they could easily change :D

Cheers, Mic

got 2 there like ya :) come back, severed hand and life wasted

i had heard life wasted when it leaked and liked WWS more, but its grown on me more now!

yeh ur right! sign of a great album if your fave keeps changing! lol :D
    wah
  • Lyrically I think Gone is the best....fucking wicked words for a song

agreed, theyre some wicked words
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • Wasted Reprise....an oddity....the ending to life wasted??? unusual...and BOOM :D:D i dunno if i like it where it is....kinda annoys me...i just wanna get to Army Reserve!

wasted reprise it my fav on the whole album
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
  • just incase u guys missed it i got the wws vid on my page it's the offical one go look http://www.myspace.com/seanmontgomery

oh and severed hand will be the best live!!!!!!!
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • so i was gonna do my opinion for each song..but then another song starts and i cant concentrate .....dammit..

the booklet kinda makes me think about Hannibal Lector :D:D

SH is on right now.....have to say, even if it wasnt part of the newsletter, you will see dragons after three or four is still my fav line in the song :)
    what part of the newsletter?
  • also, the life wasted clip is insane
    just incase u guys missed it i got the wws vid on my page it's the offical one go look http://www.myspace.com/seanmontgomery

oh and severed hand will be the best live!!!!!!!

i concur :D

cant see ur page :( its like we're on dial up here :eek:

so looks like adelaide for my 10c ticket... promised row 4 or 5? yeah for radelaide, lol
    wah
  • from the paper up er in brisbane

Pearl Jam is out on Saturday. The band will announce their November tour of Australia next week, and tickets will go on sale in May

very cool yeah
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    Army Reserve is such a good song and the lyrics are so meaningful..... I really got into this track today... my fav from the album although comatose and come back are kicking my arse aswell.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    from the paper up er in brisbane

Pearl Jam is out on Saturday. The band will announce their November tour of Australia next week, and tickets will go on sale in May

very cool yeah

Whoa Filth you seem to have made a post that wasn't pimping you Myspace page, maybe you should edit it to say something about it.

and did you go to skinny's for the Midnight sale?
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Hey guys!!! Got the album Friday at 4pm....all I can say is "WOW"!!! Fucking loving it!!! :D

THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!! :D IT'S AGAIN TIME FOR SOME TRUE PJ ROCK!!! This kicks Riot Acts' arse!!!

I really really like Vitalogy and No Code and I'm putting this album up with them! At this stage, I'm thinking Avocado is waaaaay better than the last few albums! Absolutely loving Marker in the Sand...fuck, they're all good...

Sooooooo excited for the tour now....

See yas!!! :D:)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    man iv been listening to the album non stop and its not showing any signs of tedium. I think i like severed hand the bestest but the albums consistancy is its greatest trait. The album outro is so pretty. just wish it went for just a tad longer. They could have made a proper great instrumental song out of that.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    man iv been listening to the album non stop and its not showing any signs of tedium. I think i like severed hand the bestest but the albums consistancy is its greatest trait. The album outro is so pretty. just wish it went for just a tad longer. They could have made a proper great instrumental song out of that.

yes its very constant... There is no weakness whatsoever. A perfect blend of punky/grunge rockers and ballads.

• UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    gotta agree with u about army reserve, tim. That little guitar bit at the start that mike plays with the wha-kinda effect is just great.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • What a weekend...

Great surf, great weather, and something else too... thats right, a new PJ record to go with it!

Love the album, i downloaded the ripped songs when they came out, but only gave them a couple of listens cause the quality was so bad. Damn this album sounds great in its full quality. And its gotta be listened to LOUD to really appreciate.

PJ are back baby... after only a few listens i know i prefer this WAY more then Riot Act and Binaural. Where it fits in the mix amongst the other albums only time will tell.

My quick 100 words or less synopsis. First 5 songs just make you want to jump up and down on the spot. Solid riffs (which was what was missing of Binaural and Riot Act) with room for Mike to solo away. Great stuff. Parachutes and Unemployable are the 2 songs on the album that i just cant get into... This is the part where i have a little snooze, then BAM, Big Wave punches you in the face (potential single IMO) and Gone is the perfect album closer. So its time for the break between the main set and the encore, Wasted Reprise gives just enough time for that toilet break (as long as there's no queue) and The next 2 songs are just solid PJ. Then the final song... the album maker or breaker. Its the song that when the show's finished you have stuck in your head for the whole drive home. And what an album maker it is! Its the song where at the musical the whole cast comes out to sing along arm in arm and the whole crowd just smiles. At this early stage its definitely my fave, but as you can see i dig the whole album. I think i went over 100 words. Oh well.

Now just the decision on how many shows to see this tour... Thats a tough one.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• pjr_porchpjr_porch Posts: 92
    well. i am jealous. am i the only 1 who was stoooopid enuff 2 order it thru Sanity?? Man, i can't get it til Tuesday. I coulda got it 2day or yesterday!!!! hmphf Trudes, i went 2 that link & was rockin out 2 it, but my sis got up me cos i'm on her laptop & she'd muted the sound & was all "i muted it 4 a reason" so i asked if i could download it & she sed "No! u're getting it on tuesday. u can wait til then".... mean. oh so mean.. .meanwhile she's been downloading every1 of simple plan's songs & video clips... i think she's jus jealous cos i hav good taste in music. hahahahahaha

my hair feels like straw, looks like cottonwool & my scalp hurts like hell. Bleach. u think they could put summin in it 2 stop it burning... & i never thort i'd say this, but i can't wait 2 b able 2 wash my hair!! usually i can go a week without washing it, but it feels gross & i hav a red scalp. Urgh

i want the cd NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tig, the lil summin is jus summin lil. dont get 2 excited bout it. but it's summin i sed i'd send u girls if i found em :D

I wish i never pre ordered the album. i feel lonely :( i need a good dose of the boys... i'll go 2 sleep listening 1 LO2L wen i go 2 bed. that'll do 4 now :D
    VEDDER IS BEDDER THAN SEX

• VONVON Posts: 259
    Whats the deal with the albums release date here? I thought it was meant to be out may 2 but it came out sat?!?! (btw I've got the album)
    Did the release date change or something?
    E.K wrote:

jus checked this out.. awesome!! the boys r lookin so good & the music's sounded rockin!! i really can't wait 4 get the album on the stereo & fully rock out 2 em with my kitty Pearl... hehe she loves em :D

• JagkorpsJagkorps Posts: 9
    A bit off topic, but there are lots of cool PJ vids on YouTube.

here's a cool one of Alive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZjJmxm4uN4&feature=PlayList&p=BEF7BC2D70B525CA&index=3
    VON wrote:
    Whats the deal with the albums release date here? I thought it was meant to be out may 2 but it came out sat?!?! (btw I've got the album)
    Did the release date change or something?

No it's been the 29th for a while now, maybe even a few weeks after the 1st american dates was announced the international realse has been the 29th
    No it's been the 29th for a while now, maybe even a few weeks after the 1st american dates was announced the international realse has been the 29th

damn I'm so out of the loop. I need to get on the net more often.
    OMG!!!! :eek: Is anyone watching the simpsons!?!? There was an add for pearl jam on a few seconds ago!!
    i knew it was 29th, but i was soooo goddamn eager 2 get a copy, i pre-ordered it without even checking around. stoopid stoopid me. oh well. i can hang on 4 anuva 2days.

This discussion has been closed.