Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• I think ive changed my favourites opinion about 7 times today!! I just cant decide....they are all amazing!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • I am so gonna sit here and whore until i get page 300 :D:D:D where are ya Clod.....i need to chat about PJ stuff so we dont get in trouble :p
  • so i was gonna do my opinion for each song..but then another song starts and i cant concentrate .....dammit..

the booklet kinda makes me think about Hannibal Lector :D:D

SH is on right now.....have to say, even if it wasnt part of the newsletter, you will see dragons after three or four is still my fav line in the song :)
  • maybe i can just go along with the cd the.

Marker in the Sand.

What a freakin great song..lyrics are very very impressive. Damn Ed can write some amazing songs cant he. just hits you....sittin here reading them while singing.....beautiful. I really love the different Chorus's in this one....they are sad yet melt my heart.
  • Parachutes....infinitum....Love the obscure lyrics :)
    What a different life had i not found this love with you......its kinda eerie...but in a good way :)
  • Unemployable.....i kinda feel a tie to this song....it was the LOCKING song :eek:

sad....the world can be so hard....relates to all of us in some way...love it..love the tone..so level

Big Wave :D:D
    cracks me up! The boys and their waves! Its Gremmie in a new light!
    Damn it if i can get the chorus yet...Ed wraps his lips around it nicely :)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    definitely a great album...
  • OMG this board IS SO SLOWWWW right now..

Gone...Wow. Who knew this song could get better! Love Love Love it :)
    again, another one we can all relate to....freakin petrol prices!!

Just love it....and a few lyric changes since the AC version, only minor..but i like them.
  • Wasted Reprise....an oddity....the ending to life wasted??? unusual...and BOOM :D:D i dunno if i like it where it is....kinda annoys me...i just wanna get to Army Reserve!
  • Army Reserve...so so sad.....a family without daddy.....not coming back....

what it does to the family...so well put in so little words. and the last verse..."im not frantic, I can feelit coming. Darling you'll save me if you save yourself"......sad stuff
  • Come Back....Johnny Ramone...Come Back

what a beautiful beautiful song.....so sad, so much heart, Ed must be sad when he sings this...

"There must be an open door, for you to come back" memories....

dont really wanna say this...but i get a "Committments SOundtrack" feel in this one!!
  • and what a beautiful song to start page 300 with :D:D

Happy anniversary everyone!

Inside Job....Mr McCready.....your finest work my good man. brilliant closer....the last 2 could have been swapped and the ending would still be perfect....but i like it just this way :)

the last 3 lines....great closing lines...Mike, you have upped a notch in my book.
  • nearly 4am....all alone with the boys.....it couldnt be better :p

sleep time....
  • Sounds like you spent a long time just talking to yourself Tig. ;)
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Will it be easy for us Aussies to get tix to our shows??
    What was it like getting ten club tix for the last tour??

OK so i've seen this question asked and i've seen a few differant answers, here is how the 10club sold us tix last time through Coppel, and i have a feeling this might be how it will happen again(alough it could be sold through the 10C website, but i don't know if Coppel will allow that, cause i think the way tix are sold here in australia is entirely up to the promoter)

Dear Aussie TenClub Member:
    It's ticket time! Pearl Jam is coming to Australia in February 2003 and we want to give you an opportunity to purchase tickets through the fan club. We feel that it's high time we get the Aussie 10c members up front where
    they belong! You are receiving this letter because you are an active member of the Pearl Jam fan club, and you live in Australia. We have set aside tickets based on the number of fans in your respective state. So, we assume you will be attending the show closest to your area. If you wish to go to a show in a different state, we can't guarantee that there will be tickets available. If you live in a state that is not hosting a show, we will try to fit you into the show of your choice. Please remember, tickets are limited and based on a "first come, first serve" policy.

Each active member is entitled to purchase two (2) tickets for one show through the fan club. These tickets will be reserved for the best seats in the house. The seat selection will be based upon seniority, meaning the longer you have been a member of the fan club, the closer your seats will be to the stage. You will be notified of your seat selection when you pick up your tickets. Below you will find the ticket price for each show. Payment for tickets will be in Australian Dollars and must be issued as a MONEY ORDER ONLY. No other form of payment will be accepted. Please make your money order payable to: Michael Coppel Entertainment. Please include your full name, email address, and contact information along with your payment.
    Sat 8 Feb: BRISBANE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 11 Feb: SYDNEY Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Sun 16 Feb: ADELAIDE Entertainment Centre -- $170
    Tue 18 Feb: MELBOURNE Rod Laver Arena -- $170
    Sun 23 Feb: PERTH Burswood Dome -- $170
    These prices are for two (2) tickets total; $85 per ticket.

YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER AS OF NOVEMBER 4th 2002 TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS. Your membership in the Ten Club will be verified upon receipt of your money order. If you send in a payment and you're not a current member of the Ten Club, you risk losing the money.

Please send your payment to:
    Melanie Dymott
    Pearl Jam Fan Club - specify show*
    Michael Coppel Presents
    PO Box 3030
    Prahran East
    Victoria Australia 3181
    *it is very important to specify the show of your choice: Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, or Perth on the outside of the envelope. Payments for tickets must be received by Wednesday 13th November. No exceptions. Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation number at your current email address.

Tickets will be received at the will call box office with a valid picture ID and confirmation number Be advised, fan club tickets are monitored and any reselling will result in termination from the fan club with all future ticketing privileges revoked. Contact info@tenclub.net with questions. With that said ... We hope to see you there! And thanks for supporting Pearl Jam!

Rock & Roll,
    The Ten Club
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Cheers TF10.

One question. It says must be member by nov 4th. When wast that email circulated? and when was the public announcement for the tour back then?
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • Urgh... that sounds like a long winded and bloated way of ordering tickets... surely they would have done something better this time around. I trust them that if they couldn't improve it with coppel, they would have chosen another promoter (hopefully!)
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Pearl Jam are touring aussie in november according to a tv commercial:)
  • Blyss wrote:
    Pearl Jam are touring aussie in november according to a tv commercial:)

Cool. Hey Lana wats up?
  • ved_zepved_zep Posts: 50
    so are you only allowed to buy 10C tickets for ONE show in aus???
    you cant get 10C tickets to multiple shows?? if so thats fairly lame
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• Sounds like you spent a long time just talking to yourself Tig. ;)

yep.....i did....:D:D but damn it was good :p
  • Cheers TF10.

One question. It says must be member by nov 4th. When wast that email circulated? and when was the public announcement for the tour back then?

Thats an old email. dont worry bout those dates on there Mate.
  • Thats an old email. dont worry bout those dates on there Mate.

Yeah I know, I just wanna find the time difference between announcement and 10C cutoff...even tho I bought one a couple of days ago now, I'm still waiting for a email to confirm my order was processed.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • I think you will be fine. Kat hasnt even mentioned it to any of us about renewing memb, and until we get word from her, then nothing is set in stone.
  • does anyone know who the co-writer, D Echols, of Army Reserve is?
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    does anyone know who the co-writer, D Echols, of Army Reserve is?
    I was wondering that myself. I just found out he's a member of the west memphis 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Echols
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • ramspam wrote:
    I was wondering that myself. I just found out he's a member of the west memphis 3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Echols

ummm...little bit weird isnt it :confused: i thought he must have been a soldier....maybe one that Ed and the boys knew...very strange.
  • Tig in your reviews how come you missed Big wave? EDIT: No you didnt.

For some reason the album seems too short for me. For some reason I can never learn the words to parachutes, which is becoming one of my favourites.. Marker in the sand is really great too.

The only one I'm not really into is army reserve, I like the chorus and the music but I get lost in the song sometimes.

Its a REALLY good album from start to finish. I was angry when I went into WOW at 9am, and i went to the new release section and the new tool album was there and there was no avo.

I had to go up the counter and ask for it, then they got it from out the back.. How rude.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • When i was posting Wade....the board was really slow. By the time it finally went through i was 2 songs ahead...and it did that thing where you post and it takes ages and then it fucks up and you dont know if it has gone thru.....i do remember posting about Gremmie out of Control!! :D

and i didnt start from the start...cos the album was already on and i just wanted to post whore to pg 300 :D:D will continue my reveiws tonight of the songs i missed :)

EDIT.....It did go through.....damn i should check my shit before peeps tell me i forgot stuff!! I know it happened to me 3 times last night, so i wasnt sure they all went thru :)
  • im slowly learning the words...need a day of complete nothing so i cansit and sing and read for hours...then i'll be sweet :) thats not gonna happen for at least a week. So much going on. But in all of the downtime i have now, all it consists of is posting while listening to the Avo :)

speaking of downtime.....mine has just finished :(

Have a great day my friends :)

Keep on Rockin the Guac :)
This discussion has been closed.