Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My boy got my 10c poster laminated on Monday! Looks awesome!!!! :D

I'm still trying to find a place in Townsville that is selling the album on the weekend instead of Monday.... :mad: Murder, have you found anywhere?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    heyjose wrote:
    yeah, wtf was up with that?! over 12,000 or whatever people at a show and silence. sucks for the band too, esp. cos they feed off the crowd's energy. we need more 10c members at shows.

I was in the third row (off the floor) at the Valentines Day concert (2nd Sydney??) and got yelled at by about 50 to sit down during the first song.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    DonJon wrote:
    I was in the third row (off the floor) at the Valentines Day concert (2nd Sydney??) and got yelled at by about 50 to sit down during the first song.

3rd Sydney :)
    Awesome concert!!!
  • anyone know if any stores are doing this in brisbane???

i dunno, i asked that before but didnt get an answer, i suppose rockinghorse would be your best bet, but its only $20 and JB
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
    heyjose wrote:
    yeah, wtf was up with that?! over 12,000 or whatever people at a show and silence. sucks for the band too, esp. cos they feed off the crowd's energy. we need more 10c members at shows.

Was that a PJ gig? :eek: And there was silence???
    DonJon wrote:

HUH??? Pearl Jam show? Everyone sat down???

I nearly got kicked out of David Bowie for doing the same thing....I was standing for about 6 songs....but he pointed at me and said something about the girl having fun at the back and everyone should be enjoying it like me or some crap like that -- and then the security guard came over!!!

And then he came out for an encore and EVERYONE stood up and started dancing and loving it -- I was soooo PISSED OFF!!! Concert's over dickheads!!!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I nearly got kicked out of David Bowie for doing the same thing....I was standing for about 6 songs....but he pointed at me and said something about the girl having fun at the back and everyone should be enjoying it like me or some crap like that -- and then the security guard came over!!!

And then he came out for an encore and EVERYONE stood up and started dancing and loving it -- I was soooo PISSED OFF!!! Concert's over dickheads!!!

this happened to me at R.E.M. last year I mean they are more adult contempary than Pearl Jam but for fucksake I'm not sitting down at any concerts... if this happened at PJ I would give them a whats for.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    hey did anyone hear PJ being played last night on Triple J? They played the top 8 war and peace songs of all time... and number 1 was Bob Dylan's 'Masters of War' and they played the Pearl Jam version from the F 9/11 soundtrack (BSB 2004 i BELIEVE).. This was cool.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    i was at melbourne night 1 in 2003 and the crowd was quite shite. i had first row on stones side off the floor and we were the only ones standing up (other than people on the floor). we stood up when they came on, and i told the people 'im not fucking sitting down, so if you wanna enjoy it then you better stand up to'. so they did :)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah they all sat in the seating sections (Syd Ent Cent).
    When they came on stage, me and some chick next to me (big fan/ knew all the words etc) stood up started clapping and cheering and whilst I was singing the first couple of Vs of Cant Keep - all I could hear was "sidown. Oi mate siiidoooown".
    So I sat. Weird
    i was at melbourne night 1 in 2003 and the crowd was quite shite. i had first row on stones side off the floor and we were the only ones standing up (other than people on the floor). we stood up when they came on, and i told the people 'im not fucking sitting down, so if you wanna enjoy it then you better stand up to'. so they did :)

as u know I waas there also and has the same problem.. that what happens when MMM sponsor a show.

That's what I do at concerts -- never sit down....but it didn't work for Bowie though! I was even turning around and looking at the people in the seats behind me waving my arms upwards and screaming "STAND UP....STAND UP" and everyone just stared at me. Leigh was in hysterics....and he keeps saying to people 2 years later "have I told you about Sus at Bowie???".... it's quite embarrassing now that I think back about it!!! :o
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    That's what I do at concerts -- never sit down....but it didn't work for Bowie though! I was even turning around and looking at the people in the seats behind me waving my arms upwards and screaming "STAND UP....STAND UP" and everyone just stared at me. Leigh was in hysterics....and he keeps saying to people 2 years later "have I told you about Sus at Bowie???".... it's quite embarrassing now that I think back about it!!! :o

I saw if you wanna go to a gig and sit down whats the point..... just buy the dvd of the band/artist and u can sit down in the comfort of your own home and watch it.

ZiggyStar wrote:

Exactly how I felt.
    I remember as I turned to look at them all and wave my arms to say 'get up' I subconsciously thought 'all these people are playing a joke on me here' but all I got was blank looks.
    Next thing, Save You started and I lowered my arse.
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I had an experience at a Powderfinger gig where someone was telling me to sit down about 4 or 5 songs into it. She said that we can all stand up later on. But as she was talking to me the song ended and Bernard said something along the lines of 'if you're sitting down, get up and if anyone has a problem i'll deal with them.' She went back her seat without another word.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • OZ PJ FANOZ PJ FAN Posts: 22
    In 2003, I was in a corporate box for the show, had tickets already but the ones I had were crap & a mate was able to get me in, corporate was closer, all that mattered to me. Man, I got some weird looks during the show, I was losing my shit. The only time they all got up out of their seats was for last kiss, I was like booooooooooooooooooooo!
    Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line.
  • everyone stood up for the most reason foo fighters gig in sydney..well almost every1 except for the block beside me :/
    btw i was wondering should i get ear plugs at a concert...coz i remember after the foo fighters concert i could hear loud static for 2 weeks and it annoyed the shit out of me
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    great bowie story zig! I hope theres no one sitting at my first pearl jam show.

counting down the seconds to the release as i listen to the Adelaide 98 boot. SO CLOSE!!! :)

in other news:
    Splendour in the grass linup announced today. SONIC YOUTH headlining! god i hope they do a sideshow in adelaide. cause theres no way i can go to the festival. Other notable international acts announced include yeah yeah yeahs and death cab for cutie.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
    everyone stood up for the most reason foo fighters gig in sydney..well almost every1 except for the block beside me :/
    btw i was wondering should i get ear plugs at a concert...coz i remember after the foo fighters concert i could hear loud static for 2 weeks and it annoyed the shit out of me

Thats the worst feeling.
    I got pounded in the surf a few weeks ago so after 3 days of not being able to hear properly and everytime I yawned it felt like flys doing donuts in my ear....I decided to go to the doctor.
    When I said to him 'mate ive got some sand in my ear' he said ' dont worry it'll just be water'. "'Dude trust me this aint water"
    He flushed my ear twice and no word of a lie...enough sand came out to cover a ten cent piece.
    I know know why I felt dizzy at the gym the day before.

PJ are loud - earplugs suggested!
    earplugs are for whoose-burgers. except mike, jeff and the others...theyre badass :D. hehe. unless u have like a medical condition or something i suggest u do not deprive your senses with plugs.

just my two cents. which are usually worth nothing. as the saying suggests.
  • yeh but do earplugs reduce sound so much that it makes it not worth going?
  • UNDONE*21 wrote:
    earplugs are for whoose-burgers. except mike, jeff and the others...theyre badass :D. hehe. unless u have like a medical condition or something i suggest u do not deprive your senses with plugs.

if you dont wear plugs youll end up with a medical condition.

its not 'uncool', its common sense.

having said that i only wear them if im on the floor in front of a big ass speaker.
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    if you dont wear plugs youll end up with a medical condition.

its not 'uncool', its common sense.

having said that i only wear them if im on the floor in front of a big ass speaker.

ive never warn earplugs and i hear fine.

"whats that bob? you want me to jiss your grass?"
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • UNDONE*21 wrote:

yeah, you might say that now, but ive been in a band for about 2 years now, and we rehearse probably once a fortnight, plus i usually go to a gig once a month, and i know that my hearing has suffered from it...there are decent earplugs you can get that wont block out all the high and mid frequencies that you lose with crappy airplane earplugs... there is a really good thread on this in the musicians section of this forum. if you are interested you should check it out..

yes earplugs are daggy but trust me ringing in your ears 24/7 sucks a LOT MORE...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • yeh but do earplugs reduce sound so much that it makes it not worth going?

check this thread out, may answer a few questions for u...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=182488

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    Yeh, wear earplugs if you see fit, just iv never had any big problems after seeing concerts as of yet. Playing in a band and being exposed to a lot of loud noise etc its sensible to wear them (ala mikey visably wears them).

oh and jeffs the man, Patience from the grates has a throat infection. the show on saturday may get cancelled. just a heads up. :)
  • UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Yeh, wear earplugs if you see fit, just iv never had any big problems after seeing concerts as of yet. Playing in a band and being exposed to a lot of loud noise etc its sensible to wear them (ala mikey visably wears them).

oh and jeffs the man, Patience from the grates has a throat infection. the show on saturday may get cancelled. just a heads up. :)

fuck fuck shit fuck!! I hope she is ok!! damnit i was looking forward to seeing them :(

yeh me too. still it hasnt been confirmed so yeh, theres a good chance it will still happen. positive thinking!
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    UNDONE*21 wrote:

yeah they cancelled the shows for tonight and tomorrow, but at the moment saturdays is still on, but who knows if that'll change. I'm loving their new album
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    yeh theyre one of those 'fun' bands. Nothing too serious just fun!
This discussion has been closed.