***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sad to hear this news. I think he's got some medical issues. All those outings in which he'd be sweating profusely and turning pale white over the last 2 years.

it still sucks though

I do hope he's ok, it did seem to be some kind of medical issue with him and not just a pitching problem
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sad to hear this news. I think he's got some medical issues. All those outings in which he'd be sweating profusely and turning pale white over the last 2 years.

it still sucks though

I do hope he's ok, it did seem to be some kind of medical issue with him and not just a pitching problem

it was his back ... doctors said he would live a normal life if he stopped pitching ... but he was risking long term damage to his back if he didn't ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    polaris_x wrote:
    doc retires as a blue jay ... if every pro sport athlete was like this ... they would definitely deserve to be role models ...

class act all the way. glad he's not gonna hang around longer than he should.

phils reportedly shopping dom and papsmearlebon...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    polaris_x wrote:
    doc retires as a blue jay ... if every pro sport athlete was like this ... they would definitely deserve to be role models ...

i'm gonna miss him, one hell of a pitcher. wish he would have stayed a Phillie instead of retiring a blue Jay but heard Amaro wanted him longer than that. Will he go into the hall as a Blue Jay or Phillie? And my favorite thread of him

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141827
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm gonna miss him, one hell of a pitcher. wish he would have stayed a Phillie instead of retiring a blue Jay but heard Amaro wanted him longer than that. Will he go into the hall as a Blue Jay or Phillie? And my favorite thread of him

i believe the amaro wanting him for longer thing was a joke :lol: someone texted me that he signed a one day contract with the blue jays to retire with them but he wanted to retire a phillie however amaro would only sign him... to a 5 year deal.......ba dum dum.

had to bump that thread. one of the all time classics. great call!
    www.myspace.com

if he goes into the hall ... it would definitely set a precedent ... i obviously am extremely biased and thinks he deserves to be in ... and think he will ... and when he does - i expect he will go in as a blue jay ...
    polaris_x wrote:

if he goes into the hall ... it would definitely set a precedent ... i obviously am extremely biased and thinks he deserves to be in ... and think he will ... and when he does - i expect he will go in as a blue jay ...

yeah, it probably will be a precedent but i think he's definitely a hall of famer. in this brave new weird world of baseball that bud selig has created, the numbers are much tougher to compare to generations past. the main question is was he one of the best pitchers of his generation? that's a resounding yes.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    polaris_x wrote:

yeah, it probably will be a precedent but i think he's definitely a hall of famer. in this brave new weird world of baseball that bud selig has created, the numbers are much tougher to compare to generations past. the main question is was he one of the best pitchers of his generation? that's a resounding yes.

He was certainly one of the best pitchers of his time, but was his time long enough is the question. It is a 10 year stretch. That seems to be right on the edge. I think he will get in, and I would vote for him, but he is right on the edge of the career length. Also, if so, he obviously goes as a Blue Jay. He had two good seasons in Philly.

Also, Federal Donuts=Tits
    yeah he would definitely go in as a blue jay.
    www.myspace.com
    i am also guessing that by the time he is eligible (2019?) - a few other pitchers closer to his era may get in ... without 300 wins ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Fausto Carmona....
    Fausto Carmona....

1386703661000-BbFGvyFCcAEIs9S.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    Huge douche but I'm not offput by this - I don't mind when someone doesn't take anything seriously.
    The porch is basically North Korea. We may have lost a good one today. Fuck the moderators hard, and if they have a problem with that; fucking ban me
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=227173

Have a look yourself. Fucking pussies.

Sirens fucking sucks

Fuck you

Since this started a new page, go back...is anything in there worth an banning?
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=227363

Possibly my last post
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Did JP get the boot???
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Did JP get the boot???

For the time being at least, I am 99% sure . For not liking a song.
    I lied, he's still here. I'm not for long though :lol::lol::lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I lied, he's still here. I'm not for long though :lol::lol::lol:
    :corn:
    Go Birds!!!!
    I think I should just stick to what I've known for years since this place got weird in the wrong way - all other parts of this board is full of (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) that ever (REDACTED) in the history of (REDACTED).

Might need to give RM a try for the first time in, Jesus, it has been years and years. Or myowntwohands....now there's a reference for ya.

Still alive there, Cliff?
  • Jearlpam really stirring some shit up over on The Porch….did they really say that you can't bash a song?!?!? It's funny how crazy people get when you criticize PJ in any way.

And yep, Sirens fucking sucks.
  • Go to the All-Encompassing PJ Thread on EBeans. Some great insight from fellow 10clubbers and also a bunch of non-10clubbers so the opinions aren't all just people sucking the band off after every show calling it "epic" and "the best show I ever saw" and "Backspacer is a top 5 album of all time".

Don't get me wrong, PJ is my favorite band, but the majority here are a bit disillusion. As much as I love them. It's a breath of fresh air.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    Yous are alright people. Speaking of smoking enormous marijuana cigarettes....that's what they call them right?

If they make me a martyr remember that I loved you all.
    I think I should just stick to what I've known for years since this place got weird in the wrong way - all other parts of this board is full of (REDACTED) (REDACTED) (REDACTED) that ever (REDACTED) in the history of (REDACTED).

Might need to give RM a try for the first time in, Jesus, it has been years and years. Or myowntwohands....now there's a reference for ya.

Still alive there, Cliff?

Doing my best to, fighting the good fight
    our long national nightmare is over:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... rates.html

Michael Martinez signs with Pirates
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was certainly one of the best pitchers of his time, but was his time long enough is the question. It is a 10 year stretch. That seems to be right on the edge. I think he will get in, and I would vote for him, but he is right on the edge of the career length. Also, if so, he obviously goes as a Blue Jay. He had two good seasons in Philly.

Love the guy, but I don't think he should be in the HOF.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Love the guy, but I don't think he should be in the HOF.

There's no doubt he goes in. He's the best pitcher of the '00s and did his damage through the steroid era.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    Jearlpam really stirring some shit up over on The Porch….did they really say that you can't bash a song?!?!? It's funny how crazy people get when you criticize PJ in any way.

And yep, Sirens fucking sucks.

It's the worst song to ever make a PJ album

I still haven't listened to it all the way through (5 times at live shows or in my car). I refuse to believe it's a PJ song.

The people defending/liking Sirens are the ones who still listen to Kings of Leon.

Also, Future Days is just as bad.
    Amaro's latest offseason magic...

*Sign two 35+ year olds to 3 year deals...both guys previously linked to illegal performance enhancing drugs

*Sign a 30+ year old pitcher who has been convicted of false impersonation and lying about his age (who sucks regardless of what he calls himself or what age he is).

*Re-ups guys like mayberry, frandsen, kendrick...all who should be replaced with younger, cheaper, more talented options provided from their farm system.

Most here will disagree since they have been defending amaro for the last 4 years...all starting with the infamous ryan howard contract debate. The fans should be fired along with the GM
This discussion has been closed.