***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Anyone else considering the amsterdam or stockholm shows?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was certainly one of the best pitchers of his time, but was his time long enough is the question. It is a 10 year stretch. That seems to be right on the edge. I think he will get in, and I would vote for him, but he is right on the edge of the career length. Also, if so, he obviously goes as a Blue Jay. He had two good seasons in Philly.

Also, Federal Donuts=Tits

Love the guy, but I don't think he should be in the HOF.

There's no doubt he goes in. He's the best pitcher of the '00s and did his damage through the steroid era.

that is my point. longevity will be an issue...but if you are arguably the best pitcher for an entire decade, especially that decade, gotta be in.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I have no recollection of del friscos getting butchered so badly

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/ph ... =235933061

The ocean prime review was brutal
    Oh and have been meaning to post this. All signs are pointing to and it has basically been confirmed that Philly is getting an Eatly within the next year, which is just fucking phenomenal news. Rumors are that it could be in the old Strawbridges (?) at 8th and Market. That godforsaken area might be getting a very quick face lift. A new DiBrunos just opened up right near there. Could you imagine if Philly had 3 legit markets within walking distance, all with something different to offer? So fucking awesome. This city is pretty fucking sweet right now. Eatly is fucking awesome.

Also, the Italian Market is changing its guidelines to boost things a bit and get more arts (and other specialities), along with better produce. :thumbup:

I honestly have no idea how I am ever going to move out of the city. Fucking Philadelphia schools.
    The Fixer wrote:

Planning on a trip to Europe next year, but doubt we'll make it around any of the shows. Both places I would like to see though. As of now, the wife wants Italy/France, I want Ireland/Scotland. We'll see.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

This dude is a piece of shit it seems. Del Friscos is some of the best food you can get within 50 miles of the city.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This dude is a piece of shit it seems. Del Friscos is some of the best food you can get within 50 miles of the city.

Laban is tough on food but usually fair from what I have seen and tried.

I like del friscos and all but that is a crazy statement. They have one of the best spaces in the city though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

1 "bell" and then down graded to zero a year later? huh??

for my money, that and butcher and singer are the 2 best steak houses in the city. screw craig laban...and the horse he rode in on.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

for my money, that and butcher and singer are the 2 best steak houses in the city. screw craig laban...and the horse he rode in on.

He can be pretentious...as I always say, barclay prime. I'd then go butcher and singer, then the rest aren't too different from each other. Del friscos is probably the best atmosphere of the rest. Smith and wollensky has taken a huge step back over the past couple years I think, love the style of the place but I wouldn't bother anymore, my last couple steaks weren't cooked to the right temp. No need to deal with that when you are eating a $50 steak
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:

i did the stockholm show last time they were there ... if you are planning to go - i can offer some pointers ... although probably not as well as the locals of course ...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He can be pretentious...as I always say, barclay prime. I'd then go butcher and singer, then the rest aren't too different from each other. Del friscos is probably the best atmosphere of the rest. Smith and wollensky has taken a huge step back over the past couple years I think, love the style of the place but I wouldn't bother anymore, my last couple steaks weren't cooked to the right temp. No need to deal with that when you are eating a $50 steak

i want a steak right now. damn you cliff.

this reminds me, the wife and i are having xmas eve at our new place this year and will be serving up ribeyes. picked them up on saturday. gonna be tossing 10 of them on the grill next week.
    www.myspace.com
    Fact. Home alone is the best christmas movie ever
  • polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i did the stockholm show last time they were there ... if you are planning to go - i can offer some pointers ... although probably not as well as the locals of course ...

I was considering until I saw how much flights were from Philly. After a ton of US shows this year and the MMJ One Big Holiday in Mexico next month, I can't swing it. I could hit a bunch of shows for the same amount.

Can't hit them all I guess.

Oh and I went to Butcher and Singer for lunch Monday 8-)
    Those damn burgers...
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    i want a steak right now. damn you cliff

this reminds me, the wife and i are having xmas eve at our new place this year and will be serving up ribeyes. picked them up on saturday. gonna be tossing 10 of them on the grill next week.

Nice, I could go for a ribeye. My family usually does a beef Wellington on Christmas Eve but doing the wife's family this christmas eve
  • The Fixer wrote:

Debating with the wife whether or not to head to Europe. If they were playing in London or Ireland, would probably go for sure. Although flights to anywhere in Europe during the summer are insanely expensive.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:

Debating with the wife whether or not to head to Europe. If they were playing in London or Ireland, would probably go for sure. Although flights to anywhere in Europe during the summer are insanely expensive.

Flights to anywhere in Europe - or anywhere outside of the country - have gotten insanely expensive.
    Good article on the new Le Bec Fin space and the chef taking over

http://articles.philly.com/2013-12-19/e ... es-perrier

Wish I got to Le Bec Fin, but oh well.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wish I got to Le Bec Fin, but oh well.

do you have a time machine?
    www.myspace.com
    Anyone been to saloon? Pretty cool spot. Really old school. Lots of awesome Philly historical stuff. A sweet huge picture of the bourse when it was the stock exchange. Cool place
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone been to saloon? Pretty cool spot. Really old school. Lots of awesome Philly historical stuff. A sweet huge picture of the bourse when it was the stock exchange. Cool place

What? I can't hear you with all of that Manning semen gargling in your mouth.
    Well this is a pain in the ass....
    I figured this would be the deal, and definitely figured we'd have no idea of knowing just how much money it's for since the Phils are so secretive about this shit and that they handle all the advertising and what not...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/phillies-agree-to-new-tv-contract.html
    This is awful
    here it is
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, the 'My Discussions' thing sucks, what with random threads all over the place from years ago, so I bookmarked this and the Birds thread. And that also sucks, as it's giving me emails any time someone responds.
    no now there is a "participated" box underneath "my discussion." that works the same as "view my posts." i did't notice it earlier. it seems to be working fine. you gotta change your settings for the email thing
    www.myspace.com
    Ah, perfect, good call. Thanks. Unbookmarking this ish now.
    So the Phillies TV deal kind of sucks?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Not if there gettn 100mil a year for 25.
    Go Birds!!!!

Not if there gettn 100mil a year for 25.
    Well that is what they are getting but that's a lot less than all the other recent ones. Yankees, dodgers, Astros and Texas all have significantly bigger deals singed in the past couple years. People had to be expecting more than $100mil. Don't get me wrong. It's a huge amount of money and is more than they are currently getting and will not doubt help but I don't think it's a game changer by any stretch of the imagination
This discussion has been closed.