9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    8 million a year for.....marlon byrd?

i'd like this for maybe half of that. guy's coming of a career year at age 36... :?
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
    it looks like this bautista for brown thing is just a howard eskin rumor...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

Yeah, I have no idea. I think the problem here is it being conceived as "brown-for-bats". I have a feeling there's some validity to it but that's more than just Brown going.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Yeah, I have no idea. I think the problem here is it being conceived as "brown-for-bats". I have a feeling there's some validity to it but that's more than just Brown going.

mostly being shot down up here ...
    But by Wednesday morning the rumour was already being played down.

“just to clear something up,” CBS Sports baseball columnist Jon Heyman tweeted before 7 a.m. “#blueJays arent trading jose bautista for dom brown. not even close.”

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos never comments publicly on rumours, but a source close to the team told the Star on Wednesday morning there’s little to the rumour.
    polaris_x wrote:

mostly being shot down up here ...
    But by Wednesday morning the rumour was already being played down.

“just to clear something up,” CBS Sports baseball columnist Jon Heyman tweeted before 7 a.m. “#blueJays arent trading jose bautista for dom brown. not even close.”

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos never comments publicly on rumours, but a source close to the team told the Star on Wednesday morning there’s little to the rumour.

Yeah, it's probably all BS, but who knows. I'm just trying to pretend that things are gonna get better before they get (any) worse.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Yours truly will be sitting courtside tonight watching towson beat temples' ass.

Amaro is so bad. Only good thing about the byrd move is that he didn't surrender a draft pick. Other than that, it's just another stupid move by the worst GM in philadelphia sports history
    Also, apparently Chooch got offered 2yrs/20M. Now THAT is highway robbery.

Wouldn't be surprised of this is Ruben bidding against himself.

Apparently the Phils might be the team that offered Chooch 2yrs/20M. Jesus fucking god damn christ. I think I know where Amaro lives....might have to make a visit...
    Also, apparently Chooch got offered 2yrs/20M. Now THAT is highway robbery.

Wouldn't be surprised of this is Ruben bidding against himself.

Apparently the Phils might be the team that offered Chooch 2yrs/20M. Jesus fucking god damn christ. I think I know where Amaro lives....might have to make a visit...

Fuck. Me.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/p ... -ruiz.html
    okay. sign me up for the fire amaro club now.

what
    the
    fuck?
    www.myspace.com

what
    the
    fuck?

welcome to the party. you're only 3 years late

worst philly sports GM ever
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Can someone shed some light on the catching situation, as far as the other available options? I know Joseph will probably never catch again which hurt us. I'm not condoning this move, I just don't what our other options were.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Ruben loves to give out extra years. I don't get giving 3 years (and a possible team option for a 4th year). I don't think the other options at catcher are any upgrade either. chooch was the best option based on his handling of the pitchers.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Can someone shed some light on the catching situation, as far as the other available options? I know Joseph will probably never catch again which hurt us. I'm not condoning this move, I just don't what our other options were.

Any veteran (hanigan, pierzynski, navarro, etc) on a one or two year deal would have been a better move.

Amaro fails at reading markets, evaluating talent, and getting value on his investments. Other than that he is good at his job.

I like chooch, but this is just another horrendous contract with amaro's fingerprints all over it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    At this point, I am done laughing at Amaro and the Phillies. Good god.
  • The Fixer wrote:

what
    the
    fuck?

Yeah really, you just signed up? :lol:

I love how the token "sabermetrics guy" is a "suggested hire from the commissioners office" and not even a Phillies employee. Yeah, everyone's gonna listen to him. :lol: So now "Baseball" is trying to prod the Phillies management into the modern age? :?

The Obamacare website thing is a disgrace but the law is still a good thing for the most part. I'm sure The Fixer would change his mind if someone in his family had a preexisting condition.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

what
    the
    fuck?

Yeah really, you just signed up? :lol:

I love how the token "sabermetrics guy" is a "suggested hire from the commissioners office" and not even a Phillies employee. Yeah, everyone's gonna listen to him. :lol: So now "Baseball" is trying to prod the Phillies management into the modern age? :?

The Obamacare website thing is a disgrace but the law is still a good thing for the most part. I'm sure The Fixer would change his mind if someone in his family had a preexisting condition.

Yeah, The Extern. What a freaking joke.

Don't really feel like getting into the politics stuff...I'll just say that I vehemently disagree with your view of Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act. Are your insurance premiums increasing next year?? Yeah mine too, which after the awful amaro offseason moves, was the least surprising news ever.

Also, this...

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496854
  • The Fixer wrote:

Yup, forgot to say congrats. It appears that TU hoops is in a rough rebuilding year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Yup, forgot to say congrats. It appears that TU hoops is in a rough rebuilding year.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400504219
    ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:

;)

figures he ignored that one.
    Happy Birthday Ryan. Here's hoping you get that 2006/2007 stroke back. :D

That's all I got.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I can be a huge dork, but just watched that rocket launch from my deck, perfect view from SE Philly. Looked like it was so close for a minute there. Pretty cool.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I can be a huge dork, but just watched that rocket launch from my deck, perfect view from SE Philly. Looked like it was so close for a minute there. Pretty cool.

Tha fuck you talkin about? Did I miss something?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Tha fuck you talkin about? Did I miss something?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... h/3646645/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Interesting to watch.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:

;)

figures he ignored that one.

I only reply to alums, pretenders deserve to be ignored

towson was sloppy as hell...nova outclassed them
    :lol:

Nova should be pretty good this year. I'll leave it at that.
    www.myspace.com
    Troy+McClure%5B1%5D.jpg

bob mcclure
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.