***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Troy+McClure%5B1%5D.jpg

bob mcclure

You may remember him from such great hits as, "The Red Sox 2012 Campaign Toward 100 Losses", and, "The Mid-Aught's Kansas City Royals - Perpetual Rebuilding."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sooooooooooo......This is fucking happening next weekend.

http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articl ... -Trocadero

OH.FUCK.YES

GARTH FUCKING HUDSON.

BOOM
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sooooooooooo......This is fucking happening next weekend.

http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articl ... -Trocadero

OH.FUCK.YES

GARTH FUCKING HUDSON.

BOOM

Gonna be a swell fucking time.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    just saw this online. Phils new infielder engaged to Playboy Playmate. good catch there.

http://www.egotastic.com/2013/11/philli ... n-playboy/
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    There's a new guinness out. Disappointed in myself for just finding this out while I was buying booze for tomorrow's festivities.

Sad that this is what this thread has become. At a time of year for reflection, I am NOT thankful for this team's dipshit GM or the big obese

Flyers are this city's only hope. Brutal
    Amaro just re-signed mayberry and frandsen.

There is nothing left to say. He is fucking clueless.

And the Nats continue to improve their club
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:

You see this?

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/artic ... the-bench/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

You see this?

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/artic ... the-bench/

No, but that is great stuff. Eliminating Manuel can only help, but Amaro is the main culprit.

It's so frustrating
    Brad Lincoln....yay...
    So I'm assuming we'll be in on Tanaka now.....buuuut probably not. Logic says to do so, but this organization certainly doesn't follow logic.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JEFF MANSHIP!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This keeps getting worse. Are the Phillies trying to tank?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JEFF MANSHIP!!!!!!

No, no, I believe they meant Wes Mantooth...and Dorothy....WHO IS A SAINT.
    JEFF MANSHIP!!!!!!

i'm gonna take dorothy manship out to a nice seafood dinner....and never call her again.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This keeps getting worse. Are the Phillies trying to tank?

amaro has been tanking since he took over in 09 and handed out the worst contract in MLB history
    JEFF MANSHIP!!!!!!

I liked the movie, but the lines are so played out. When chicks start quoting movies you know it's time to move on.

Elf is the same way.
    The Fixer wrote:
    JEFF MANSHIP!!!!!!

I liked the movie, but the lines are so played out. When chicks start quoting movies you know it's time to move on.

Elf is the same way.

There are played out movies.... and there are movies worth repeating a billion times - ie Anchorman, Xmas Vacation, Scrooge, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Groundhog Day, Lebowski, City of God, Godfather 1 & 2, Jaws - because they are timeless and/or hilarious....but, Elf? Really?
    The Fixer wrote:

Elf is the same way.

There are played out movies.... and there are movies worth repeating a billion times - ie Anchorman, Xmas Vacation, Scrooge, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Groundhog Day, Lebowski, City of God, Godfather 1 & 2, Jaws - because they are timeless and/or hilarious....but, Elf? Really?

of course, but when my wife and her friends start quoting shit, it's time for me to move on

yes, elf. I liked that movie until every girl I know started dropping quotes. It's annoying as hell this time of year
    I can't think of one line from Elf. Who quotes that movie?
    www.myspace.com
    Cool article in the Times this weekend. Was there on Saturday to see them beat down Fordham. Terrance West is an animal, will definitely be playing on sundays. Just need to get him a tutor, his interviews read like some of the posts made around here.

Friday night prime time game on ESPN2. Win and it's on to the final 4. Good shit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/07/sport ... .html?_r=0

It's gratifying to see my school experiencing this growth and receiving due recognition.
    And Doc calls it quits. I'm glad. Just can't believe how quickly he declined.

Rare I feel bad for guys, but this is one example. IMO he's much more deserving of having his number retired than losers like Mike Leiberthal.

Damn shame
    The Fixer wrote:

Rare I feel bad for guys, but this is one example. IMO he's much more deserving of having his number retired than losers like Mike Leiberthal.

Damn shame

They didn't retire his number, right? Only put him up in that bullshit "Wall of Fame"?
    The Fixer wrote:

Damn shame

They didn't retire his number, right? Only put him up in that bullshit "Wall of Fame"?

I don't know. I try not to pay attention to that type of shit. All I know is they honored him in some way, which is a joke

Doc on the other hand...I'd buy tickets to any game where he is getting his proper due.

Feels like yesterday that I was sitting behind first base watching him throw the no hitter vs the reds. or gutting out the NLCS game vs the giants with a pulled groin.

At least they still have kendrick
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    while disappointing to never get to see Roy be dominate again it's hard not to be happy he made the choice to retire. was really painful to see him struggle as much as he did at the end. he had a great run here. One of the best we ever have had for a pitcher. Put him on the Wall of Fame next year.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Sad to hear this news. I think he's got some medical issues. All those outings in which he'd be sweating profusely and turning pale white over the last 2 years.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sad to hear this news. I think he's got some medical issues. All those outings in which he'd be sweating profusely and turning pale white over the last 2 years.

yeah, and charlie manuel letting him throw 130 pitches in blowout wins.

have I mentioned I won't miss charlie?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    doc retires as a blue jay ... if every pro sport athlete was like this ... they would definitely deserve to be role models ...
  • TY Roy!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    polaris_x wrote:
    doc retires as a blue jay ... if every pro sport athlete was like this ... they would definitely deserve to be role models ...

seems like the end came pretty quick for Roy. good dude.

cody ross ruined him.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14