***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:

yeah. you dirtbags get a pass for the wrigley crowd. lot of outta towners and the weather killed the vibe

Yeah, that crowd was pretty rough. Way too many people sitting down in my section...
  • The Fixer wrote:

Yeah. I have seen them in places like cleveland and west palm beach (still the east coast, but not NE). Those crowds make me appreciate seeing them in places like philly and nyc, where the energy is unmatched (the united center crowds in chicago are also awesome...love that city).

what did you think of barclays vs msg?

Nice change of pace going to Barclays. Good sound, not a bad seat in the house. MSG is MSG and nothing can beat it but I like Barclays as a secondary NYC arena. Queens of the Stone Age are playing there in December and it'll be cool to see them in a big New York arena. They never seemed quite "big enough" for MSG and maybe still aren't. But to see them at Barclays with a comparable crowd will be cool. Overall I liked the place. I'd actually like to see a basketball game there sometime.

Edit: Well I take back that QOTSA part. They apparently played MSG in 2005. Not sure how I missed that. Still, I like having the Barclays and would rather go there than the old East Rutherford Arena as far as secondary NYC arenas go.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah. I have seen them in places like cleveland and west palm beach (still the east coast, but not NE). Those crowds make me appreciate seeing them in places like philly and nyc, where the energy is unmatched (the united center crowds in chicago are also awesome...love that city).

what did you think of barclays vs msg?

Nice change of pace going to Barclays. Good sound, not a bad seat in the house. MSG is MSG and nothing can beat it but I like Barclays as a secondary NYC arena. Queens of the Stone Age are playing there in December and it'll be cool to see them in a big New York arena. They never seemed quite "big enough" for MSG and maybe still aren't. But to see them at Barclays with a comparable crowd will be cool. Overall I liked the place. I'd actually like to see a basketball game there sometime.

Edit: Well I take back that QOTSA part. They apparently played MSG in 2005. Not sure how I missed that. Still, I like having the Barclays and would rather go there than the old East Rutherford Arena as far as secondary NYC arenas go.

yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I thought.

I missed the fight that got 40+ people thrown out, but I heard it was crazy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pjhawks wrote:
    You know...I think I may be "over" PJ in Philly. I always go cause it's like a 15 minute drive. But now I've been to 13 Philly/Camden shows and was kinda let down by this year's Philly 2 despite having my second best seats ever. Maybe it was because it was a lame Tuesday or maybe it's because I saw a VERY similar setlist at Brooklyn 2. But after Spectrum '03, the 2005 show, and the four 2009 Spectrum shows (night 4 in particular), I think I've seen by far the best of Pearl Jam in Philly and everything from here on out won't come close to those shows. It's just hard to not go when you know there's a Pearl Jam concert a few miles away.

Monday night was a great show. To me it was way better than 2005. I think 2005 is the most overrated show I've ever been to.

I do understand the sentiment about Camden though. I hope they never play there again. If they do I'll probably end up going but I don't have a lot of desire for that place venue or that parking lot anymore.

i like camden for nostalgia purposes. reminds me of getting blacked out drunk at shows when i was a kid back in the glorious 1990's. and for some reason, the tailgates we've had there have always been great. love the view of philly across the river. that adds to it.

also--the lawn. yeah the sound sucks and you can barely see the band. but i enjoy not getting tenclub seats or paying more for good seats, just so i can spend the entire show with all my friends and share the full experience with them. even if it's just a greatest hits kind of setlist, it's still fun to belt out all the lyrics with like 10 of your buddies. that's always fun to me.

it's just a different kind of show there. i'm usually way more hammered and usually have a better time. totally realize i'm in the minority on this one though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah. you dirtbags get a pass for the wrigley crowd. lot of outta towners and the weather killed the vibe

Yeah, that crowd was pretty rough. Way too many people sitting down in my section...

we were on the field and people were sitting down near us. odd night....still had an awesome time though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Ya see that set last night?

You're tellin me we couldn't get somethin just a bit like that? Stupid Hartford.
  • Ya see that set last night?

You're tellin me we couldn't get somethin just a bit like that? Stupid Hartford.

I thought ours were pretty good...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks wrote:

I love watching Werth jump up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    How quickly things change. :evil:

anyway, I think our Philly shows were great, it seems to me as though the band is really putting it all there for this tour.

Makes me think they won't be back for a long LONG time though. :cry:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    How quickly things change. :evil:

anyway, I think our Philly shows were great, it seems to me as though the band is really putting it all there for this tour.

Makes me think they won't be back for a long LONG time though. :cry:

Don't say that. I need some summer weekend shows but indoor and not in Camden.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Yeah, I get that feelin too. Maybe they can take that time to actually make an album.

I changed my mind after listening to this album for the umpteenth time.....yeah, it fuckin sucks.

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Let The Records Play (definitely hear that Jeepers Creepers)
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole
    Infallible (this should be good, but its not)

Sorry for being a dick, but this album is screaming dog poop to me and I can't help it.. Way too many shit songs.

I love people on The Porch eatin this stuff up. The band could, literally, infuse their own feces into a vinyl album and people would say it was their best work yet.

Again, sorry for being a dick, but this album sucks, so it disappoints me. The last 3 albums they've averaged about 4-ish years between albums and this is what they've been coming up with. Christ.

End of rant.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Yeah, I get that feelin too. Maybe they can take that time to actually make an album.

I changed my mind after listening to this album for the umpteenth time.....yeah, it fuckin sucks.

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole

Sorry for being a dick, but this album is screaming dog poop to me and I can't help it.. Way too many shit songs.

I love people on The Porch eatin this stuff up. The band could, literally, infuse their own feces into a vinyl album and people would say it was their best work yet.

Again, sorry for being a dick, but this album sucks, so it disappoints me. The last 3 albums they've averaged about 4-ish years between albums and this is what they've been coming up with. Christ.

End of rant.

As I said to you, I don't entirely agree with you and I don't entirely disagree with you, but this should be good.
  • Yeah, I get that feelin too. Maybe they can take that time to actually make an album.

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole

End of rant.

Please, please, please post this on the porch.

I agree with some of what you said, but not all. I like it, but don't love it. Definitely a step up from Backspacer.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole

End of rant.

Please, please, please post this on the porch.

I agree with some of what you said, but not all. I like it, but don't love it. Definitely a step up from Backspacer.

Yes, please, please, please do. That would be phenomenal
    There's been about 7 years between now and Avacado. Thats two albums and roughly 90 minutes of music in those 7 years...... Seven years.... That's shit. And don't gimme quality over quantity. Cause these past two don't live up to that either.

I stay out of The Porch and argue with people here instead. At least I know the people who argue in here aren't complete fanboys (though, c'mon, we really are). I'm just not stupid. Ya ever argue with a crazy religious person? That'll be the same thing that happens there.
    ....should I poke the bear....?
  • ....should I poke the bear....?

Do it! The reactions on the porch will be hilarious.

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole

End of rant.

i can't believe you like riot act so much and think this one is shit. there are more bad songs on that album than this one.

glad you see the jeepers creepers though. i hate ltrp :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

Awesome songs-
    Getaway
    My Father's Son
    Pendulum

Good songs -
    Sleeping By Myself
    Lightning Bolt
    Future Days
    Mind Your Manners

Shit -
    Sirens
    Yellow Moon
    Swallowed Whole

End of rant.

i can't believe you like riot act so much and think this one is shit. there are more bad songs on that album than this one.

glad you see the jeepers creepers though. i hate ltrp :thumbup:

Hey, whatever, all I know is that album played better live and fit better in a set.

Ah fuck it, Riot Act kicks ass. And I say that with full confidence.
    I was the same, not loving LB at all, but I will say, sounded great live. It has grown on me but I will NEVER get Yellow Moon.
    I was the same, not loving LB at all, but I will say, sounded great live. It has grown on me but I will NEVER get Yellow Moon.

Only thing that saved the suck from taking over after that song was Mother on night 1.

Surprised they couldn't fit Olé onto this album...
    there's 5 good songs on riot act... a few mediocre one's... and a lot of this band's worst song's fill out the rest.

i think people overrate this one.
    www.myspace.com
    Would you guys be surprised that Binaural is my favorite?

Just curious.
    Would you guys be surprised that Binaural is my favorite?

Just curious.

i love binaural...but think it could have been better if they left off god's dice and evacuation in favor of some of the b sides like sad, in the moonlight, and/or education.

plus--do you think light years sounded better when it was puzzles and games? i kinda do.
    www.myspace.com
    Nothing wrong with Binaural here. Perfectly good album.

Every album from Vs till Riot Act had some sense of....weird in there somewhere. I cannot say the same for the last 3.
    I don't even know what that means? Is that a replacement for riddles and jokes about war?

I love NAIS and Sleight of Hand. I agree with Gods Dice but its not horrible. It's no Yellow Moon or, dare I say Unemployable. I know, different album, but never got that one either.
    I don't even know what that means? Is that a replacement for riddles and jokes about war?

I love NAIS and Sleight of Hand. I agree with Gods Dice but its not horrible. It's no Yellow Moon or, dare I say Unemployable. I know, different album, but never got that one either.

fuck, i forgot about fatal. how the hell is that a b side????

http://www.gremmie.net/demos/binaural-demos

puzzles and games was the name of light years before ed deconstructed it and made it less... catchy, i guess. i think you can get to it on that link. i'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

sleight of hand is so good. wish they played it more.
    www.myspace.com

I'm tellin ya....those last 3 albums...missin the weird.
    Even though Puzzles & Games became Light Years I still look at them as completely different songs - different lyrics (for the most part) and different pace/tempo. But both awesome songs.

Startin' to nerd it up over here...
This discussion has been closed.