***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    pjhawks wrote:
    are any of you guys going to wrigley?

i am not heading to wrigley as that is around vacation time. i am hoping to get at least one road trip if they do a decent fall tour.

are you headed to wrigley?

yeah looks that way. just the wife and i. i got tickets months ago but thought i was going to have to sell them since we have so much going on this summer. but looks like we are going now. pretty psyched.

i'll be there :D

Holy crap, 16-1 :o Scored in every inning but the 3rd :thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Finally got to Han dynasty. Really really fucking good and really really spicy. The heat is rated on a scale of 1-10. The waiter said tobasco is a 2. My entree was a 7 and the woman got an 8 and good fucking god was it hot. The fiancé thinks she's going for a 10 at somepoint. Really good food though, not just the heat
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Finally got to Han dynasty. Really really fucking good and really really spicy. The heat is rated on a scale of 1-10. The waiter said tobasco is a 2. My entree was a 7 and the woman got an 8 and good fucking god was it hot. The fiancé thinks she's going for a 10 at somepoint. Really good food though, not just the heat

36462004.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    are any of you guys going to wrigley?

Booking my shit today. Cannot wait. Chicago is fucking awesome.

weekend show + only playing one night + chicago + historic venue that they've never played (and who knows if they ever will again) = can't miss trip.

If you haven't been to wrigley just make sure you give yourself lots of time for the beer lines and toilet breaks. I think it's gonna be worse than MSG...on par with how the spectrum was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHTScDBsDU
    yeah the weekend show is what sold it for me. every concert should be held either thursday, friday or saturday nights.

figuring the beer and bathroom lines will be similiar to fenway.

never been to chicago, other than a layover, i can't wait to explore it. always wanted to go there.
    www.myspace.com
    Chicago is a good time. No go for me. Too much traveling already this year and getting married. Hopefully this stupid countdown is a tour announcement.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Chicago is a good time. No go for me. Too much traveling already this year and getting married. Hopefully this stupid countdown is a tour announcement.

2 philly shows in october hopefully
    www.myspace.com
    also cliff---i saw that han dynasty place you were talking about in royersford too. might check it out next weekend. either there or the one in manyunk.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    We didn't lose last night!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Word, October would also mean WF over camden
    also cliff---i saw that han dynasty place you were talking about in royersford too. might check it out next weekend. either there or the one in manyunk.

Yeah, man. I meant to mention that it's also in the suburbs for you suburban folk.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

CBP should be available :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    yeah the weekend show is what sold it for me. every concert should be held either thursday, friday or saturday nights.

figuring the beer and bathroom lines will be similiar to fenway.

never been to chicago, other than a layover, i can't wait to explore it. always wanted to go there.

I like the sunday night show as well. I have pulled the ol get hammered sunday, take off monday many times. Usually not as crowded sunday nights as well.

fenway is a shithole. most overrated stadium I have been to. Great it has a green wall...the rest sucks

you will love chicago. 2nd best city in the US after NY. I cannot wait. Bought my PJ tix and booked my hotel yesterday. Working on flights now.
    phillies have been outscored by 45 runs this year. only teams with worse run differential...

houston
    miami
    seattle
    milwaukee (who has beaten up the phils this year)

not sure what the hell amaro is waiting for. get a clue and start trading some of these scrubs

also, ryan howard sucks ass. lose some weight you $25 million tub of shit
    and then of course they take 2 out of the 3 against the bucos. :? what a weird team.

america. fuck yeah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M#at=63
    www.myspace.com
    and then of course they take 2 out of the 3 against the bucos. :? what a weird team.

america. fuck yeah!

they stink. Dipshit needs to start moving some of these stiffs
    Two weeks from now I will be sitting in Wrigley watching PJ. Been almost two years since last seeing them at PJ20 (which is crazy). Countdown is on.
    Funny. They both suck (and so does michael young)

the hypocrisy in Amaro’s recent criticism of first baseman Ryan Howard:

In an interview on Wednesday, Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. made this comment regarding lefty slugger Ryan Howard’s slip to platoon status:

“If Ryan Howard is now relegated to being a platoon player, he’s a very expensive platoon player and he needs to be better,” Amaro said. “I think he knows it. I know he’s struggling, I know he’s not happy with his performance — neither are we. I think he’s going to be better, but right now, he’s just not doing the job.”

[...]

The real question here is not Howard’s lack of production against left-handers, but who the hell Ruben Amaro thinks he’s fooling. It takes a lot of chutzpah to blame a player for not doing something that he has largely been incapable of doing for the entirety of his career. What Amaro is really asking Howard to do is to metamorphose into an entirely new and fundamentally different player at the age of 33. This is spectacularly unfair and unrealistic.

Platooning Howard is the correct call, but Goldman’s criticism is spot on. Getting upset at Howard for not hitting lefties is like being shocked when Phillippe Aumont walks two batters in an inning, or when Michael Young grounds into another 6-4-3 double play.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    It's been a while........hello.

I just got back from a bike ride in the city...and this is what it feels like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr216HObUIA
    a sweep of the braves would be awesome! (i'll settle for 2 out of 3 though).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    It's been a while........hello.

I just got back from a bike ride in the city...and this is what it feels like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr216HObUIA

well played. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Seriously....now I gotta walk down to CVS and pick up another TUB of Gold Bond.

If it tickles anyone's fancy, James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) is DJing at Morgan's Pier tonight. Gonna be a helluva time.
    Seriously....now I gotta walk down to CVS and pick up another TUB of Gold Bond.

If it tickles anyone's fancy, James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) is DJing at Morgan's Pier tonight. Gonna be a helluva time.

Yeah, this weather is the absolute worst. How many days til fall?

dude, I just got a drunken phone call from a buddy who went (he was calling to defend himself about a text thread going around mocking his wedding pics). Wish I knew about it...he said it was mobbed down there.

Last time I was at that spot it was a thursday night when place was rock lobster. ran into donald brashear and todd fedoruk

Low Cut Connie playing the Underground Arts on 8/3. Never heard of the venue, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Also, the phillies suck balls. Fire and trade them all except for hamels

Crap I forgot that was last night. :x How was it?

So much for the sweep. Hopefully win today and take the series.

Howard to the DL.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    a sweep of the braves would be awesome! (i'll settle for 2 out of 3 though).

i'll take it
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

america. fuck yeah!

ah the joys of rooting for a mediocre baseball team. of course they then take 2 out of 3 from the bravos. :lol: watch them split with the nats before getting swept by the white sox heading into the break. buncha weirdos.

seriously though, congrats to all star, dominic brown. just as a baseball fan in general, it's been fun watching him develop into what we hoped he could be. thank god the phillies didn't give up on him. his homer yesterday was a thing of beauty. guy makes a great pitch low and inside and he has the bat speed and strength to turn on it without getting his arms full extended and it still goes over the fence. he's come such a long way. gives you a little hope for the future (though i just read his agent is scott boras. hopefully he dumps him). and ben revere deserves some props around here. dude's been playing well since after the first month of the season.

god speed.
    www.myspace.com
    James Murphy DJing a decent time.

It was hotter than a motha down at the ballpark yesterday. This time it was me coming out of Will Farrell's womb - that kinda sweaty, hot.

On a semi-related note - I picked up Gold Bond's new powder spray. The future is here today.

And with these dates announced hopefully this place picks up around here. Can't friggin' wait.

It was hotter than a motha down at the ballpark yesterday. This time it was me coming out of Will Farrell's womb - that kinda sweaty, hot.

On a semi-related note - I picked up Gold Bond's new powder spray. The future is here today.

And with these dates announced hopefully this place picks up around here. Can't friggin' wait.

I'd rather have freezing rain and sub zero temps than deal with this heat and humidity. The worst.

Love the new 10 club ticket policy. Should make it easier for everyone. Looking forward to October...sucks we don't have to worry about the WS being here this time around.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd rather have freezing rain and sub zero temps than deal with this heat and humidity. The worst.

Love the new 10 club ticket policy. Should make it easier for everyone. Looking forward to October...sucks we don't have to worry about the WS being here this time around.

Well at least we don't have to worry about buying playoff tixx and PJ tixx. :lol:

Convinced Signora Abruzzo to go to Baltimore show too. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Word. I put in for Philly and Brooklyn. I'll be getting Charm City tix closer to showtime.

Good stuff. Here's to hoping this new single doesn't suck as much as Ole'; and that the album finds a sound that's better than Avocado or Backspacer. I know this is messed up to say, but these dudes are way more on their game when there's some kind of tragedy. Let's go tragedies. I know, I regretted that statement as soon as I made it.
This discussion has been closed.