Options

Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Comments

• Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    O_G_D wrote:

Listen it was never this way before whether I won or lost and its hard to accept and deal with the change after being accustomed to a system that worked for my for years. A system that I was happy with and that I continued to support because my loyalty and patronage were rewarded I felt. What don't you understand about that? Do you enjoy making light of the fact that yes I am upset because I have never had to deal with this issue before which I why I feel it unfair? Your like the guy that sells you insurance for everything you don't need and then tells you once you get screwed oh you should have bought this insurance as well. Too bad so sorry nothing you can do. 10 club was my insurance before this for getting tickets and it always worked for me 90 percent of the time. Now the insurance has changed drastically and you tell me no its basically the same but...............

Ok none of my points are valid and my last 14 years in the 10 club was just some wonderful dream I must have been having. There is nothing to be said for loyalty and continued support. These things mean nothing. To be worthy of these things you must go through a random lottery each show to see if you are worthy. The online sale we are all on equal footing as members for the opportunity to get tickets. Now were on equal footing through a lottery. You don't win the lottery you don't get tickets. The chance at 10 Club tickets is gone. There is a big difference between this and the previous system although you can't see it because your some sort of salesman. Yes I have math skills and I understand the lottery but I equate that to every mother that tells her child he or she can be President of The United States (if American). Lets be realistic here. What are the odds? Joining the 10 club significantly reduced those odds before and I always got the tickets I wanted 90 percent of the time. As one person pointed out you want to really make it fair since it seems that's what your all about then how do you feel about abolishing this whole lottery system and making it a public sale for everyone? Id be far more in favor of that as opposed to this new garbage system! I'm sure you would agree that this is a great idea given your stance.... Share the PJ equal chance for all!!!!

For whatever reason, your proximity to your ISPs CO, or wherever you live, the connecting traffic works well for you. Run a tracert to pearljam.com and you'll see how many physical locations a packet hits before it even hits pj.com. Those are just physical computers, there is now way to know what is going on between them or what the software is doing on each box. This is going to be different for everywhere depending on where they live and what kind of service they have. These are ALL variables that go into internet traffic.

You perceived "skills" at pressing F5 or opening multiple browser windows has absolutely nothing to do with why you have been successful in the past. In fact given what you have said you have had what some people might call an "unfair advantage" because of your connection to the server. The lottery takes all of this out of the equation. Levels the field for everyone, no one has to take time off work, no one has to stress in front of their F5 button. But some how all of this is unfair to you... which again MAKES NO SENSE. Be unhappy, complain about not being picked but don't act like this is some injustice done to you by someone. That's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    O_G_D wrote:
    Before if you were one of the first people to click a button you won the tickets. Now, you click a button and find out in a week if you won tickets. The only difference is time.

Not even remotely accurate.
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    SolarWorld wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:
    Before if you were one of the first people to click a button you won the tickets. Now, you click a button and find out in a week if you won tickets. The only difference is time.

Not my quote.........
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:

Listen it was never this way before whether I won or lost and its hard to accept and deal with the change after being accustomed to a system that worked for my for years. A system that I was happy with and that I continued to support because my loyalty and patronage were rewarded I felt. What don't you understand about that? Do you enjoy making light of the fact that yes I am upset because I have never had to deal with this issue before which I why I feel it unfair? Your like the guy that sells you insurance for everything you don't need and then tells you once you get screwed oh you should have bought this insurance as well. Too bad so sorry nothing you can do. 10 club was my insurance before this for getting tickets and it always worked for me 90 percent of the time. Now the insurance has changed drastically and you tell me no its basically the same but...............

Ok none of my points are valid and my last 14 years in the 10 club was just some wonderful dream I must have been having. There is nothing to be said for loyalty and continued support. These things mean nothing. To be worthy of these things you must go through a random lottery each show to see if you are worthy. The online sale we are all on equal footing as members for the opportunity to get tickets. Now were on equal footing through a lottery. You don't win the lottery you don't get tickets. The chance at 10 Club tickets is gone. There is a big difference between this and the previous system although you can't see it because your some sort of salesman. Yes I have math skills and I understand the lottery but I equate that to every mother that tells her child he or she can be President of The United States (if American). Lets be realistic here. What are the odds? Joining the 10 club significantly reduced those odds before and I always got the tickets I wanted 90 percent of the time. As one person pointed out you want to really make it fair since it seems that's what your all about then how do you feel about abolishing this whole lottery system and making it a public sale for everyone? Id be far more in favor of that as opposed to this new garbage system! I'm sure you would agree that this is a great idea given your stance.... Share the PJ equal chance for all!!!!

For whatever reason, your proximity to your ISPs CO, or wherever you live, the connecting traffic works well for you. Run a tracert to pearljam.com and you'll see how many physical locations a packet hits before it even hits pj.com. Those are just physical computers, there is now way to know what is going on between them or what the software is doing on each box. This is going to be different for everywhere depending on where they live and what kind of service they have. These are ALL variables that go into internet traffic.

You perceived "skills" at pressing F5 or opening multiple browser windows has absolutely nothing to do with why you have been successful in the past. In fact given what you have said you have had what some people might call an "unfair advantage" because of your connection to the server. The lottery takes all of this out of the equation. Levels the field for everyone, no one has to take time off work, no one has to stress in front of their F5 button. But some how all of this is unfair to you... which again MAKES NO SENSE. Be unhappy, complain about not being picked but don't act like this is some injustice done to you by someone. That's just ridiculous.

You are still avoiding my proposition of just having it an equal public on-sale to everybody........ Do you have any issues or problems with that? That seems very Zen as you pretend to be. I'm down if you are. Seems to me that those who really would want the tickets and made sure they found the time to press F5 or line up or do whatever to get the tickets when they went on-sale would be most deserving no? Stop hating on F5 dude. Get a good connection to the server or go somewhere that has a good connection. The year is 2013! New system is bullshit and a step backwards...... You probably thought the old system was unfair to you. Maybe if you got off your ass and made an effort. Instead you probably bitched and cried to 10 club how the system was not fair and there should be a lottery.....

• Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Saying F5'ing was skill is like saying winning the lottery is easy.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    O_G_D wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:

You are still avoiding my proposition of just having it an equal public on-sale to everybody........ Do you have any issues or problems with that? That seems very Zen as you pretend to be. I'm down if you are. Seems to me that those who really would want the tickets and made sure they found the time to press F5 or line up or do whatever to get the tickets when they went on-sale would be most deserving no? Stop hating on F5 dude. Get a good connection to the server or go somewhere that has a good connection. The year is 2013! New system is bullshit and a step backwards...... You probably thought the old system was unfair to you. Maybe if you got off your ass and made an effort. Instead you probably bitched and cried to 10 club how the system was not fair and there should be a lottery.....
    You're forgetting about the true point of 10c tix. It makes it so that at least some tickets aren't sacrificed to scalpers. Having tix sold to members is something we should continue supporting unless we have stock in stub hub.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I don't really have a problem with whatever system they choose. I've always had good luck with the online sales, been shut out of a few, oh well life continues on. All I do know is whatever they do decide, its not to screw hardcore fans. That reasoning makes NO SENSE. And that's what you keep avoiding. Your reasoning is filled with logical fallacys.

Whatever, I don't care anymore. You win! The lottery was created to screw the hardcore.

Selfish longtime fans of the band should now be able to sit on Mikes Amp for whatever show they want, or where ever they damn well please... everyone else is in the parking lot.

Goodnight.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Ty,

you say if Pj wanted all the tickets for a show for tenclub they can have them because they are the headline act.

Two things here - that is plainly wrong.....They have to fight for the allocation they get. They have fought the system before on their own and pretty much lost out. Promoters and ticketmasters have a massive hold and monopoly over venues and they run the ticketing - paying the band for their appearance. A band cannot demand the whole ticket allocation unless they find a venue that isnt tied to the agents. theyve done that before and it just didnt work out.

Fans outside the fanclub deserve to go too....not everyone lives and breathes the band but that doesnt mean they shouldnt get a chance to see them

Understand that, but I've bought tickets through fan clubs using Ticketmaster Fan Club Pre-sale codes, keeping them happy with them getting their cuts, that's what I mean.

And fans outside the club definitely should be able to see the band, but fans inside the club who want tickets should have preference, that's what we are in the club for.

We deserve access to the tickets we want (shows). The lottery causes people to panic and overreact and try for multiple sets/shows where usually they wouldn't. People miss out. Premium paying fans miss out on what we are ultimately paying for... access to Pre-sale tickets.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    sxwxgirl1 wrote:
    Joining the Club was very special to me, I thought bring me even closer to PJ fans who understand what it is like to be a true PJ lover (In the real World NOT ONE person in my life comes close to the love I have for PJ...

Daughters?
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,550
    SolarWorld wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:

I made that quote. Just saying there was luck in the old system and luck in the new system.
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    We deserve access to the tickets we want (shows). The lottery causes people to panic and overreact and try for multiple sets/shows where usually they wouldn't. People miss out. Premium paying fans miss out on what we are ultimately paying for... access to Pre-sale tickets.

We pay $40 or $20 a year for this membership. We only deserve what that money will buy and it pretty much can barely pay for a dinner out for two. For the price of a dinner you think you deserve guaranteed tickets to wherever Pearl Jam plays?
  • Options
    All this is about is greed. The fan club generates more revenue by making this a lottery.
  • Options
    perljam wrote:
    All this is about is greed. The fan club generates more revenue by making this a lottery.

How so? They don't sell any more fan club tickets now than in the past. Are you thinking more people will join the fan club because it takes less time to try for tickets?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    I wonder if there are people who have "Highly proficient in F5" in the skills section of their resume?

Because we all know it is a skill and should be used. ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    eddiec wrote:
    I wonder if there are people who have "Highly proficient in F5" in the skills section of their resume?

Because we all know it is a skill and should be used. ;)
    haha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    ....put it this way I have been in the club since 1994, pumping money into the system....I just want tix's to a show at this point....
    I feel if you have been a dedicated member, then there should be certain perks!
    left, right, middle...we all have an opinion :)
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    zman wrote:
    there was no "luck" with F5, if you were diligent enough you could score tickets. if you were lazy and gave up you didnt. so those who wanted to go to the show the most got the tickets, those who didnt, didnt.

in a nutshell those are the people who u want at the show no? not just the "well if i get them i guess i will go" people

Let's see.... how this would have gone?

Sorry ma'am, the doctor can't see you now. He cancelled his clinic so he can stay home to score concert tickets.

Sorry sir, I think you should have enough spinal anesthesia on board to last a few more hours. I know it looks strange that I am in the corner of the operating room on the computer, but you must understand that I'm a pretty hard core fan.

Your honor, I think you understand why Mr. Smith's treatment didn't go well. No, I don't think my judgement was altered. Yes, I was up until 3 AM hitting F5. Tired???? No, the half a pot of coffee usually takes care of that.

:fp: Some of us have jobs, lives, etc that get in the way of sitting on a computer website. Others have a sense of entitlement that gets in the way of reason and logic.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    JB56195 wrote:

Sorry ma'am, the doctor can't see you now. He cancelled his clinic so he can stay home to score concert tickets.

Sorry sir, I think you should have enough spinal anesthesia on board to last a few more hours. I know it looks strange that I am in the corner of the operating room on the computer, but you must understand that I'm a pretty hard core fan.

Your honor, I think you understand why Mr. Smith's treatment didn't go well. No, I don't think my judgement was altered. Yes, I was up until 3 AM hitting F5. Tired???? No, the half a pot of coffee usually takes care of that.

:fp: Some of us have jobs, lives, etc that get in the way of sitting on a computer website. Others have a sense of entitlement that gets in the way of reason and logic.

In your silly unrealistic example, the doctor would have known the on sale date in advance, and planned for this. Maybe had another doctor cover, or have one of his assistants log in and get the tickets for him. Why is this so hard to understand?

I'd venture to say most of the people on here have jobs, lives, etc. Some of us seem to be able to plan around them, some just want to make excuses.
  • Options
    spryguy09 wrote:
    Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I must have misread your saying to me "your words, not mine". I was just starting my post with the same comment that you made in mine to be sarcastic dude. I'll start "researching" more on the opinions I have about the same posts I've read from so many people here. I thought my "opinion" didn't require me to do additional research, but I'll get on that boss.

Apology accepted. As for the "your words, not mine" saying. I said it because you were trying to put words in my mouth, it made no sense when you just repeated it. It wasn't funny, witty, or sarcastic... just strange. I'm glad you realize that you need to do some more research before forming an opinion. I'm actually not sure how you can have an opinion without actually researching a topic. Another lesson learned for you.
  • Options
    Seems that by some peoples logic the lottery was created for those who have jobs and lives and cannot find the time to purchase tickets. Kudos to the 10 club for recognizing the working class..........

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    This makes me laugh every time:

104019706d67f77fdaac0da_zps2d894e41.jpg

You Don't
    Get A
    Set List
    Because
    Your Ticket
    Does Not
    Say
    Entertainment
    And A Souvenir
    It Just
    Says That
    You Get
    To See
    The Show
    That Should Be
    More Than
    Enough

Encore Break:

What Are
    You Going
    To Do With
    A Lousy

Encore Break:

Piece Of
    Paper
    Anyway
    ?

:lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    JB56195 wrote:

In your silly unrealistic example, the doctor would have known the on sale date in advance, and planned for this. Maybe had another doctor cover, or have one of his assistants log in and get the tickets for him. Why is this so hard to understand?

I'd venture to say most of the people on here have jobs, lives, etc. Some of us seem to be able to plan around them, some just want to make excuses.

Sorry....you failed. It so happens this silly unrealistic example is true. I am a doctor. I have standards. I don't put off taking care of patients for concert tickets. You should hope your physician doesn't either. There is no one sitting around waiting to cover me. Besides my group has about 30 office staff. I take any time off for anything short of personal vacation, then I can't pay my employees.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    JB56195 wrote:
    [

Sorry....you failed. It so happens this silly unrealistic example is true. I am a doctor. I have standards. I don't put off taking care of patients for concert tickets. You should hope your physician doesn't either. There is no one sitting around waiting to cover me. Besides my group has about 30 office staff. I take any time off for anything short of personal vacation, then I can't pay my employees.
    well said....wait till he reply that your services arent nesssary cos people dont get sick during 10c presales , they support f5 and the efford to enter colleges ,get better jobs..
    10c are communist ,want to destroy America
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JB56195 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    JB56195 wrote:

I'm stunned that after your first post you actually needed to defend it. Just goes to show you that once people get their minds fixed on something... they aren't prepared to consider any amount of common sense or logic that is in opposition to their way of thinking.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JB56195 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

I'm stunned that after your first post you actually needed to defend it. Just goes to show you that once people get their minds fixed on something... they aren't prepared to consider any amount of common sense or logic that is in opposition to their way of thinking.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I don't want to come off as an arrogant ass because it doesn't matter that I am a physician. The real point is that desire, effort, and deserving had nothing to do with the old ticket system. The guy who can't give up a shift delivering pizzas at night because he has to keep a roof over his family's head is just as important as what I do. The point is there is more to life than sitting around F5ing.

• Options
    JB56195 wrote:

The only fail was yours.... when you failed to read the part about one of your assistants getting the tickets for you. Or how about a family member or friend? How exactly would you be putting off taking care of patients for a concert ticket if you got tickets any of those ways? If you can't make simple plans such as these... I'm sure glad you're not my doctor!
  • Options

The ironic thing is you did exactly what you accused me of. Your mind is fixed on something, and you aren't prepared to consider any amount of common sense of logic that is in opposition to your way of thinking. It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out a way to accommodate the F5 system. If you can't take off work... FIND A WAY. Get one of your assistants to do it, or ask a family member or friend. You get TWO tickets; ask the person who you plan to take with you.
  • Options
    JB56195 wrote:
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I don't want to come off as an arrogant ass because it doesn't matter that I am a physician. The real point is that desire, effort, and deserving had nothing to do with the old ticket system. The guy who can't give up a shift delivering pizzas at night because he has to keep a roof over his family's head is just as important as what I do. The point is there is more to life than sitting around F5ing.

Another FAIL… because you did come off sounding like an ass.

If you can't give up a shift delivering pizzas to keep a roof over your families head, then PJ tickets aren't and shouldn't be a priority for you. Regardless, you could switch shifts, work extra hours another day, or just enlist the help of friends or family. It just takes a little planning and effort.

You F5 haters are all the same and don't see the big picture; don't have an open mind to common sense and logic. Why is the lottery good for tickets, but not good for merchandise, seat allocation, venue entry, etc?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The idea of NEEDING to take a vacation day to buy a CONCERT TICKET is INSANE :shock: When this is what the system became with the F5ing, ripped faces, servers having to be taken down things had to change.

Again no system where buying a ticket to a concert REQUIRED you to take a day off work or for you (or a friend or family member) to put aside hours and in cases where servers had to be taken down ... hours across days could or should have been allowed to continue.

Kudos to 10c for making a change.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    MG79478 wrote:
    JB56195 wrote:

Another FAIL… because you did come off sounding like an ass.

If you can't give up a shift delivering pizzas to keep a roof over your families head, then PJ tickets aren't and shouldn't be a priority for you. Regardless, you could switch shifts, work extra hours another day, or just enlist the help of friends or family. It just takes a little planning and effort.

You F5 haters are all the same and don't see the big picture; don't have an open mind to common sense and logic. Why is the lottery good for tickets, but not good for merchandise, seat allocation, venue entry, etc?

people on a low income shouldnt have some pleasures?
This discussion has been closed.