Options

Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    USA
    5 FEBRUARY 2013
    WHITE HOUSE

Fellow Americans,as you all know,tomorrow there a presale for 10c tix at Wrigley..
    that means,Hospitals,Schools,Airports,Mayors offices,Goverment buildings,Police station,Fire Depatments
    Military bases,stores,ALL will be closed so you can all have the fair chances and the time need it fot F5 ing all day
    yes,you too my fellow Doctor as well along with the pizza boy..
    Thank God Mcdonalds owner is a Creed fan so he will have his stores open in case you get hungry..
    Good luck to All for tomorrow and God Blesh America

Department of internal affairs

Mr Flippin Scalperson

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Damn, I go away for a few days and see this thread has gone from 'off the rails' to 'off the rails, over the edge of the bridge and into the river below.'
    Dimi, perfect response to this, classic post!

#trollsgonnatroll
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    pdalowsky wrote:
    whilst it is easy to understand the sentiment behind what you are saying, and parts of what you state do make sense, comparing buying tickets to see your favourite rock band via their fanclub presale to that of your child applying for college is just plain silly.

Thank you, but I don’t think it's silly, I’m making an analogy. I come from a time in the not too distant past that people camped out all night (or week) to get the best seats... and they deserved them! Now people think they can't be bothered with "earning" tickets. I'm asking where will the lottery madness stop? The bar will slowly be lowered over time; it will be so gradual that people won't notice until it's too late.
    I'm not a liar or part of the herd.

Yet you are still here when you said you were done, and you keep marching in step with herd. Weird. Really weird.
    I am a man who has just read some mind-numbing material from someone who is either off their meds, been sniffing glue, or is just plain fucking nuts.

I've seen some doozies before, but this one reigns supreme. How does a lottery versus F5 ticket allotment discussion turn into people like me will have lowered your standards enough that we will be using lotteries in other places they don’t belong, such as college admissions. You think one's particular preference for attaining tickets reveals their political interests?

Weird. Really weird.

I see you are back to insults instead of actual discussion with substance. You could start by at least attempting to make anything other than an opinion based argument. I'd love to hear you thoughts on why a lottery is fine for tickets and tickets alone. Why not limited merchandise, venue entry, seat allocation, etc, etc, etc, all the way up to college admissions. I'll give you a hint, the answer is simple, it's never appropriate. But I'd love to see you try to justify the inconsistent implementation, when we all already know your reasons are self serving. But I forgot that you were done, so don’t worrying about responding… you are off the hook.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    MG79478 wrote:
    We completely understand why you and most of the liberals around here like the lottery.

oh boy! :lol: :yawn:
    you are all a bunch of communist that support those soviet type of system selling rock concerts tix!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    MG79478 wrote:
    We completely understand why you and most of the liberals around here like the lottery.

oh boy! :lol: :yawn:
    you are all a bunch of communist that support those soviet type of system selling rock concerts tix!!!

:lol::lol: we're all so darned unsophisticated! ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    USA
    5 FEBRUARY 2013
    WHITE HOUSE

Fellow Americans,as you all know,tomorrow there a presale for 10c tix at Wrigley..
    that means,Hospitals,Schools,Airports,Mayors offices,Goverment buildings,Police station,Fire Depatments
    Military bases,stores,ALL will be closed so you can all have the fair chances and the time need it fot F5 ing all day
    Thank God Mcdonalds owner is a Creed fan so he will have his stores open in case you get hungry..

Mr Flippin Scalperson

Damn, I go away for a few days and see this thread has gone from 'off the rails' to 'off the rails, over the edge of the bridge and into the river below.'

#trollsgonnatroll
    hehe..come on..we lost common sense in all this,big time now..
    talking about political believes cos i prefer a normal system of selling tix at a rock fan club than a already proved failed system.,the pizza boy to go to college for get a better life for have easier access to the presale,the doctor stop threating people and sent the assistant at the computer f5ing....its silly..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    USA
    5 FEBRUARY 2013
    WHITE HOUSE

Mr Flippin Scalperson

#trollsgonnatroll
    talking about political believes cos i prefer a normal system of selling tix at a rock fan club than a already proved failed system.,the pizza boy to go to college for get a better life for have easier access to the presale,the doctor stop threating people and sent the assistant at the computer f5ing....its silly..

yep, sure is!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Well, this liberal, hippy, 10c apologist can stop taking Xanax now that there is a lottery! :lol:
    Best thread ever!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Well, this liberal, hippy, 10c apologist can stop taking Xanax now that there is a lottery! :lol:
    Best thread ever!

:lol:

You pinko leftist!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Best thread ever!
    yep...get a haircut hippie!! :lol:
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Best thread ever!

:lol:

You pinko leftist!
    you are all a bunch of communists
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Best thread ever!
    yep...get a haircut hippie!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    Its quite simple to solve this argument. Get rid of the the lottery, Equal chance at tickets for all. Those who won the lottery and got tickets I am sure will not agree. They feel entitled to lottery tickets first.............
    Why could there not be a pre-sale code for the shows on sites such as TM that can handle the overload? Enter the code and if you get tickets you have to validate your 10 club membership at pickup. Not a member then don't get the seats. Have that as a disclaimer before purchase stating that for any bonehead that may get a hold of the code and then tickets who is not a member and also make all pre-sale 10 club tickets only available for pickup at venue as the only option (as its always been btw) and also state this in the disclaimer. Leave those dummies on hook for the charge of the tickets and release them to the public if they are not members. I'm sure alot of people are gonna put into shows they are not even sure they can make now and be stuck with the tickets whether they can make the shows or not because of 10 clubs highly efficient policies......... Otherwise this 10 club civil war will rage on for a while......
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    Again, they are trying to avoid these tix falling into the hands of scalpers. They cannot go through TM, even with pre-sale codes, without the scalpers making off with our tickets like bandits. Scalpers can go pick up tickets just as easily as anyone. Some "disclaimer" isn't going to stop them. Plus, why oh why would 10C want to get into that with TM? I don't think they're exactly buddies. As for the "10C civil war"... why would 10C care about that? It's just between us, the members. No skin off their backs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Again, they are trying to avoid these tix falling into the hands of scalpers. They cannot go through TM, even with pre-sale codes, without the scalpers making off with our tickets like bandits. Scalpers can go pick up tickets just as easily as anyone. Some "disclaimer" isn't going to stop them. Plus, why oh why would 10C want to get into that with TM? I don't think they're exactly buddies. As for the "10C civil war"... why would 10C care about that? It's just between us, the members. No skin off their backs.

When the system had problems before I purchased 10club tickets through TM. Are you not validating your membership when you pick up tickets? Can you not be crossed referenced against the 10 club membership list? Not a member don't get the tickets release those tickets for sale before the show leave those who tried to purchase tickets who are not 10club members on hook for the charge since they read and had to agree to the disclaimer before purchase. Love your why would 10club care quote. That says alot. These scalpers you speak of are who many 10 club members are going to have to buy tickets from now. Whatever there are many arguments. Simple solution is equal public on sale to all or the old way where 10 club members all get a first shot at tickets. Survival of the fittest. This I have to work and don't have time so the lottery is fair argument is very weak.

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    I still think a lot of the pro-F5 people are computer people that know 'tricks'. It seems like these same people are also pushing for ticketmaster. Obviously, inside knowledge of computer/internet shit gives some people an advantage... which brings us right back to the fact that a lottery is the only TRULY FAIR option.

This was an interesting find: http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/30/ho ... vent/#win7

If you’re going to try using multiple browsers, you’ll want to make sure they don’t share cookies and they’re each coming from a different IP address. For example, if you use Avant Browser and Internet Explorer, they share cookies, and Ticketmaster will recognize both browsers as being the same.

Proxies have a variety of uses, one of which is that they can “hide” your actual IP address from the site you’re visiting. Some proxies require that you specify the address in your browsers settings, others you can use via the web. If you work for a company that requires you to use a proxy when checking your email or to access internal resources, I’d strongly suggest using it. Finding “free” proxies via Google can be a chore, and if you find one that’s working the day before tickets go on sale, it might not be working during the sale time.

Make sure to visit http://www.whatsmyip.net from each browser, and make sure that your IP shows up differently in each.
  • Options
    O_G_D wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

When the system had problems before I purchased 10club tickets through TM. Are you not validating your membership when you pick up tickets? Can you not be crossed referenced against the 10 club membership list? Not a member don't get the tickets release those tickets for sale before the show leave those who tried to purchase tickets who are not 10club members on hook for the charge since they read and had to agree to the disclaimer before purchase. Love your why would 10club care quote. That says alot. These scalpers you speak of are who many 10 club members are going to have to buy tickets from now. Whatever there are many arguments. Simple solution is equal public on sale to all or the old way where 10 club members all get a first shot at tickets. Survival of the fittest. This I have to work and don't have time so the lottery is fair argument is very weak.
    I mean why would 10C care that there are people on here arguing? They are clearly trying to make sure that more individuals get to see their shows. So why would they pay attention to a few whiners on this forum, when they are actually focusing on a much larger group of people?

And all 10C members DID get a first shot at tickets. Why do you not understand that???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I mean why would 10C care that there are people on here arguing? They are clearly trying to make sure that more individuals get to see their shows. So why would they pay attention to a few whiners on this forum, when they are actually focusing on a much larger group of people?

And all 10C members DID get a first shot at tickets. Why do you not understand that???

My odds at getting tickets were far better in the older system and I felt I had a measure of control over it. Now I will enter for shows I am not even sure I can make just to try to be able to get some tickets. Where are all the people talking about time and work and other life responsibilities when it comes to that issue?

• Options
    O_G_D wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    O_G_D wrote:

My odds at getting tickets were far better in the older system and I felt I had a measure of control over it. Now I will enter for shows I am not even sure I can make just to try to be able to get some tickets. Where are all the people talking about time and work and other life responsibilities when it comes to that issue?
    But EVERYONE got a fair shot this time. If your odds were higher the old way (which I totally doubt), that means that other members' must have been lower. And I hate to break it to you, but it's not all about you.
  • Options

And all 10C members DID get a first shot at tickets. Why do you not understand that???[/quote]

My odds at getting tickets were far better in the older system and I felt I had a measure of control over it. Now I will enter for shows I am not even sure I can make just to try to be able to get some tickets. Where are all the people talking about time and work and other life responsibilities when it comes to that issue?[/quote]
    But EVERYONE got a fair shot this time. If your odds were higher the old way (which I totally doubt), that means that other members' must have been lower. And I hate to break it to you, but it's not all about you.[/quote]

Some of you people need to get of your moral high horses as if your part of some holy side on this argument especially when it comes to whats right and fairness. Like I said many times you wanna make it fair. Open public on-sale to all.... Lets not make it about me or you. Lets make it about everyone. But you ain't down with that. How telling......

Now I may win tickets to some show I am not sure I can make months down the road because of possible work and life constraints. A show that may be way of my logistical area. But will I be stuck with the tickets if i win them? Will i be able to transfer or sell these tickets for what I paid for them to someone else? No I will be stuck... So the whole work and life and not having the time argument is pure bullshit in its finest form....... You say my odds are not better? I scored tickets to 90 percent of the shows I wanted in the past on my computer which connects through WIFI. Now of the past 2 draws and the test runs I have won jack shit. So thats why I feel my odds were better. I had more control and I got tickets to 90 percent of the shows I wanted. Now I'm also hearing that tickets for the London show cannot be purchased by users outside of North America cause the system doesn't allow it. Another big FU not F5 to 10 club members that didn't get tickets...........

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I still think a lot of the pro-F5 people are computer people that know 'tricks'. It seems like these same people are also pushing for ticketmaster.

i didn't even use f5 the last two times i got tickets. i have an old computer, and dial up. and i got tickets.
    i'm guessing there wasn't that much of a demand for shows i wanted.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I still think a lot of the pro-F5 people are computer people that know 'tricks'. It seems like these same people are also pushing for ticketmaster. Obviously, inside knowledge of computer/internet shit gives some people an advantage... which brings us right back to the fact that a lottery is the only TRULY FAIR option.

not sure what "tricks" I used to score PJ20 tickets. A few people even called me out by name on the forums/facebook/etc for "cheating."

this is what I did:

I opened a few different browser windows & hit F5 for 2 hours. It was simple & anyone that knows anything about the internet could have done the same thing. It wasn't cheating & I didn't use any "tricks."

Not trying to stir the pot at all....just merely pointing what I did for PJ20.

I don't feel entitled to tickets at all. I truly hope that everyone that wants to go will be able to secure tickets. I also know that you can't please everyone. There are pluses & minuses to every ticket system.

I also know that if I were to miss out on tickets, that I could ask around, try the public sale, donate a kidney...whatever I had to do to get into the show. 10c seems to be trying something new with each & every tour....and I truly think that they're doing this to help the fans, not to prevent fans from going. For the record, I did not try for either shows that they announced. But I will try for future dates...and if I don't score tickets, I'll find them somehow. Best of luck, everyone!

cheers! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am making it about everyone. Okay look... I just completely and totally disagree with where you're coming from, obviously, and I also think that you aren't using logic in your argument at all. The lottery is no more or less fair than opening the sale to the public, except this way the 10C tix aren't going to scalpers. That's it. There is no high horse - just because I like things being fair, doesn't mean I'm on a high horse or ... am religious?? :roll: Bottom line, no less 10C members are going to shows because of this new system, even though you're acting as though that is the case. In fact, you are simply pissed that you happened to be one of the people who did not get a ticket to a show with a limited number of tickets. But if you didn't, that means someone else did (not me, unfortunately). Therefore, I don't care about your argument.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    this is what I did:

I opened a few different browser windows & hit F5 for 2 hours. It was simple & anyone that knows anything about the internet could have done the same thing. It wasn't cheating & I didn't use any "tricks."

This is what I did, too. Except I hit F5 for over 10 hours....well worth it to get to PJ20. Just really glad I didn't have to do that again for Wrigley......Hi Matt!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ogey38 wrote:
    this is what I did:

This is what I did, too. Except I hit F5 for over 10 hours....well worth it to get to PJ20. Just really glad I didn't have to do that again for Wrigley......Hi Matt!

Hey! :)

No doubt about it....I lucked out by securing tickets in 2 hours.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    ogey38 wrote:
    this is what I did:

I did the same thing for Toronto in 2011. Hit the magical F5 button for about 1.5 hr and scored. Only thing i did different was unhook my router and plugged straight into cable modem. That way I knew nothing else could have been on my wireless from the house.

Really it's funny that the "old timers" got a smack in the face of reality from 10c. It's not all about you it's a fan club not oldest members get all benefits club.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The lottery is no more or less fair than opening the sale to the public, except this way the 10C tix aren't going to scalpers.

lolz
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The lottery is no more or less fair than opening the sale to the public, except this way the 10C tix aren't going to scalpers.

lolz
    :?: What?
  • Options
    I feel people have forgotten that with the overwhelming response to this two show tour meant more people getting shut out. When PJ does a full fledged show, there will be less demand for most shows, meaning more people will score tickets.
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    Really it's funny that the "old timers" got a smack in the face of reality from 10c. It's not all about you it's a fan club not oldest members get all benefits club.

yeah that's the American way...pay your dues, then bend the fuck over and take in up the ole'

The whole ticket thing is a joke and at this point Pearl jam...is on the tail end of this whole ticket issue..

This isn't the 1990's....
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

lolz
    :?: What?

The ease of entry in to the lottery will only attract scalpers, and thus take tickets from 10C members who would have been willing to hit F5 long enough to get them. That's just common sense.

I wonder if one of my kids could translate this nonsense for me?
This discussion has been closed.