Options

Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    USA
    5 FEBRUARY 2013
    WHITE HOUSE

Fellow Americans,as you all know,tomorrow there a presale for 10c tix at Wrigley..
    that means,Hospitals,Schools,Airports,Mayors offices,Goverment buildings,Police station,Fire Depatments
    Military bases,stores,ALL will be closed so you can all have the fair chances and the time need it fot F5 ing all day
    yes,you too my fellow Doctor as well along with the pizza boy..
    Thank God Mcdonalds owner is a Creed fan so he will have his stores open in case you get hungry..
    Good luck to All for tomorrow and God Blesh America

Department of internal affairs

Mr Flippin Scalperson
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I think people feel entitled to 10C tickets because they are in the club.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm stunned that after your first post you actually needed to defend it. Just goes to show you that once people get their minds fixed on something... they aren't prepared to consider any amount of common sense or logic that is in opposition to their way of thinking.

The ironic thing is you did exactly what you accused me of. Your mind is fixed on something, and you aren't prepared to consider any amount of common sense of logic that is in opposition to your way of thinking. It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out a way to accommodate the F5 system. If you can't take off work... FIND A WAY. Get one of your assistants to do it, or ask a family member or friend. You get TWO tickets; ask the person who you plan to take with you.

I have a very open mind. There is no common sense that you have presented so I'm not going to acept your flawed logic. Find a way? Get real. Seriously. This is like arguing with a 4 year old. I'm done.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    MG79478 wrote:
    JB56195 wrote:
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I don't want to come off as an arrogant ass because it doesn't matter that I am a physician. The real point is that desire, effort, and deserving had nothing to do with the old ticket system. The guy who can't give up a shift delivering pizzas at night because he has to keep a roof over his family's head is just as important as what I do. The point is there is more to life than sitting around F5ing.

Another FAIL… because you did come off sounding like an ass.

If you can't give up a shift delivering pizzas to keep a roof over your families head, then PJ tickets aren't and shouldn't be a priority for you. Regardless, you could switch shifts, work extra hours another day, or just enlist the help of friends or family. It just takes a little planning and effort.

You F5 haters are all the same and don't see the big picture; don't have an open mind to common sense and logic. Why is the lottery good for tickets, but not good for merchandise, seat allocation, venue entry, etc?
    If I asked my family or friends to spend a whole day of their time trying to buy me tickets to a rock concert because I had to work, they'd look at me like I had finally lost my fucking mind. :shock: Any ticket system that requires something like that is a really bad system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    chime wrote:
    The idea of NEEDING to take a vacation day to buy a CONCERT TICKET is INSANE :shock: When this is what the system became with the F5ing, ripped faces, servers having to be taken down things had to change.

Again no system where buying a ticket to a concert REQUIRED you to take a day off work or for you (or a friend or family member) to put aside hours and in cases where servers had to be taken down ... hours across days could or should have been allowed to continue.

Kudos to 10c for making a change.

No ticket system where it is completely up to chance, especially one that entices scalpers due to the ease of entry should be allowed to continue.

What did you do back in the day when you had to wait in line all night (or for days) to get the best tickets? I'll never understand why people are against a system where with a little bit of effort they can acheive their goals. Now it's all up to chance, which is dimished due to the ease of entry in to the lottery.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    people on a low income shouldnt have some pleasures?

That's a loaded question, to which the answer is "it depends." If I was on a low income, I would probably not worry about concert tickets as it is a want, not a need. But I would also do whatever was possible to get off of a low income. If I had to take some sort of public assistance to help with my needs, I would never be able to waste money on something I merely "want".
    I have a very open mind. There is no common sense that you have presented so I'm not going to acept your flawed logic. Find a way? Get real. Seriously. This is like arguing with a 4 year old. I'm done.

Classic, you can't respond so you insult! I don't know what is so difficult about finding a way in life to achieve one's goals. I've rearranged entire work days to get tickets. I've had my assistant get me tickets while I was in a meeting. I've had friends and family get me tickets while I was on airplanes. I've gotten tickets on my Smartphone in an airport. It's not always easy, but I always find a way.

I'm sorry that to you life is a series of immovable obstacles that you can only whine about. But tickets are small potatoes in reality. If you can’t manage to overcome such a small obstacle, I can’t imagine what a mess the rest of your life is.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    If I asked my family or friends to spend a whole day of their time trying to buy me tickets to a rock concert because I had to work, they'd look at me like I had finally lost my fucking mind. :shock: Any ticket system that requires something like that is a really bad system.

Maybe you need new friends? Did you ever think of asking the person who was taking your extra ticket? And for the record, you lazy F5 haters keep referencing "all day", which was the exception, not the norm. I almost always had tickets in under an hour.

So you are officially for the lottery in all aspects of the 10C? (Merchandise, venue entry, seat location, etc.) Sure that invites flippers and scalpers, but who cares? If not, why the inconsistent application of a lottery?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited February 2013
    MG79478 wrote:
    chime wrote:
    The idea of NEEDING to take a vacation day to buy a CONCERT TICKET is INSANE :shock: When this is what the system became with the F5ing, ripped faces, servers having to be taken down things had to change.

Again no system where buying a ticket to a concert REQUIRED you to take a day off work or for you (or a friend or family member) to put aside hours and in cases where servers had to be taken down ... hours across days could or should have been allowed to continue.

No ticket system where it is completely up to chance, especially one that entices scalpers due to the ease of entry should be allowed to continue.

What did you do back in the day when you had to wait in line all night (or for days) to get the best tickets? I'll never understand why people are against a system where with a little bit of effort they can acheive their goals. Now it's all up to chance, which is dimished due to the ease of entry in to the lottery.

This was never how 10c tickets were distributed. Back in the day it was send in a form with a money order. No guarantee of tickets. And no extra 'effort' a person could put in. Oh yeah it was a lottery!
    MG79478 wrote:
    And for the record, you lazy F5 haters keep referencing "all day", which was the exception, not the norm. I almost always had tickets in under an hour.

How can you know how many hours we have spent? Surely if we hadn't spent whole days getting tickets we would be for the F5 system?

Europe 06 is the only 'easy' 10c sale I've had and that wasn't hours. Europe 07 or 09 the servers crashed and were taken offline for several hours. But with no idea when they would go back up you had to sit by your computer. For Europe 10 it was a rip your face off frenzy where you had to keep phoning 10c as you couldn't access your order history to see if the order had been processed to see if you should continue trying as the screen had frozen after you'd inputed details. PJ20 I was lucky got tickets in the first two minutes ... although I didn't know this as the site went down and phoning 10c they couldn't even access it to see if your order had been processed so again had to sit by my computer for hours. Then we all know how badly Europe 11 went ... although again that was a case of sitting up all night in case the site went live again.

It is because I have spent hours upon hours F5ing (and other than Euro 11 was successful ... which started as an F5 battle but was converted to a lottery) that I am NOT a fan of F5. I did it but I would prefer the lottery even though I lost out in '11 to the lottery when I had been successful in all the F5 sales I had taken part in.
    MG79478 wrote:
    So you are officially for the lottery in all aspects of the 10C? (Merchandise, venue entry, seat location, etc.) Sure that invites flippers and scalpers, but who cares? If not, why the inconsistent application of a lottery?
    When has selling merchandise crashed the site and led to you having to spend hours locked to your computer? Apples and oranges.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Maybe I need new friends? Fucking REALLY?? :fp: And I don't have any friends who are into PJ enough for me to take them to shows; they just wouldn't be stoked enough. Any extra ticket I got would go to another 10C member.

And no, I don't think there should be a lottery for everything. Just tickets (or any other system that doesn't require us to take a stupid amount of time to buy them). It's not an all or nothing thing. No reason to lump merch in with tickets. Two totally different things. It doesn't take F5ing to buy merch.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    the success of the lottery is the happy faces of the new members posting here that they never thought they can score 10c tix,and that in the threads with the numbers of membership ,you can see all types of numbers from 27xxx to 492xxx...

Lottery..end of fuckin story...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    if they're going to do this lottery from now on it should only be for one day.
    ...and they need to play more fucking shows.

...end of fuckin story.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.
    I really liked that there was a week. It gave people a chance to make sure they could travel if they needed to, to pay up their credit cards, check and see if they could get off work, etc etc. The week it gives you to think about your options and to change them is the best part of the new system IMO! We're all grown ups. We can wait a week to find out.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.

??

It was only one day.

And hell yes to more shows.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    the success of the lottery is the happy faces of the new members posting here that they never thought they can score 10c tix,and that in the threads with the numbers of membership ,you can see all types of numbers from 27xxx to 492xxx...

Lottery..end of fuckin story...

Agreed
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.

??

It was only one day.

...unless i'm reading this wrong.

For your convenience you have one full week from today to enter before names are drawn. This drawing entry period opens today, Jan 23rd and closes Wed, Jan 30th at 10am pacific.

Names will not be drawn until Wed, Jan 30th.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.
    I really liked that there was a week. It gave people a chance to make sure they could travel if they needed to, to pay up their credit cards, check and see if they could get off work, etc etc. The week it gives you to think about your options and to change them is the best part of the new system IMO! We're all grown ups. We can wait a week to find out.

does ticketmaster give you a week to think about it?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    shortstack wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.

??

It was only one day.

...unless i'm reading this wrong.

For your convenience you have one full week from today to enter before names are drawn. This drawing entry period opens today, Jan 23rd and closes Wed, Jan 30th at 10am pacific.

Names will not be drawn until Wed, Jan 30th.

Oh I see. The lottery itself was only one day but the signup period lasted a week. It is the signup period you want to last only one day?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

...end of fuckin story.

No. TM doesn't have a lottery. What's your point?
    Although you do at least have a fair bit of warning with TM sales. With 10C is was announcement, and then the sale is next day or whatever. That was too quick, so I like the week they give you to enter the lottery.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Although you do at least have a fair bit of warning with TM sales. With 10C is was announcement, and then the sale is next day or whatever. That was too quick, so I like the week they give you to enter the lottery.

i'm not sure what my point is anymore. :crazy:
    ...just wondering how the "grown ups" would feel if 10c took that week away next time there was a lottery.
    Post edited by shortstack on
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Oh I see. The lottery itself was only one day but the signup period lasted a week. It is the signup period you want to last only one day?

yes (but not really, i want it the old way) :P
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shortstack wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

PJ_Soul wrote:

i'm not sure what my point is anymore. :crazy:
    ...just wondering how the "grown ups" would feel if 10c took that week away next time there was a lottery.
    I don't think people would care too much. I guess who would be complaining would be those who didn't see the email about the sale until after it was over. Hence the problem with the short notice.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    People can argue their points till the cows come home but in the end it boils down to one simple aspect , supply&demand .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    just everyone go to AMT forum...intresting post from Kat about the ticketing system...

and the fair way of buying online tix with the old system or via ticketmaster...
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    chime wrote:

pdalowsky wrote:
    people on a low income shouldnt have some pleasures?

That's a loaded question, to which the answer is "it depends." If I was on a low income, I would probably not worry about concert tickets as it is a want, not a need. But I would also do whatever was possible to get off of a low income. If I had to take some sort of public assistance to help with my needs, I would never be able to waste money on something I merely "want".

Classic, you can't respond so you insult! I don't know what is so difficult about finding a way in life to achieve one's goals. I've rearranged entire work days to get tickets. I've had my assistant get me tickets while I was in a meeting. I've had friends and family get me tickets while I was on airplanes. I've gotten tickets on my Smartphone in an airport. It's not always easy, but I always find a way.
    I'm sorry that to you life is a series of immovable obstacles that you can only whine about. But tickets are small potatoes in reality. If you can’t manage to overcome such a small obstacle, I can’t imagine what a mess the rest of your life is.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Maybe you need new friends? Did you ever think of asking the person who was taking your extra ticket? And for the record, you lazy F5 haters keep referencing "all day", which was the exception, not the norm. I almost always had tickets in under an hour.

My life is awesome and I'm not whining about anything. Where does that garbage come from? I have F5'd like a madman. I was okay with it. There's now a lottery. I'm okay with that too. Either way... I really don't give a shit: I, too, have never missed any show I have ever wanted to attend so I have never experienced any 'immovable objects which have made my life an utter mess'. If I had to... I'd go on StubHub or EBay without hesitation as I have done in the past.

The thing that needs to be said is that for you to suggest that the best way to do things is to take time off work or have a really good pal try to score you tickets and F5 like a maniac borders on sheer lunacy. With no other option... both are reasonable; but a lottery is infinitely better.

You are the one whining here and you don't even understand that you are doing it: you don't like the change and you are complaining kind of loudly about it.

Have a nice day, Champ.
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    This was never how 10c tickets were distributed. Back in the day it was send in a form with a money order. No guarantee of tickets. And no extra 'effort' a person could put in. Oh yeah it was a lottery!

I never said that was how 10C tickets were distributed; I was making a general statement about waiting in line for the "best tickets". That's how I got tickets to pretty much every concert I saw in college. Even with your flawed assumption, I appreciate your attempt because you helped make my point. The old system was by your admission, a lottery. Yet they still went away from it... that is until people whined enough for it to be brought back.
    chime wrote:
    How can you know how many hours we have spent? Surely if we hadn't spent whole days getting tickets we would be for the F5 system?

Obviously I don't know exactly how long each person spent, but I've gotten a ton of 10C tickets. I know how long it generally took. I also know that most tickets took less than an hour to get.
    chime wrote:
    When has selling merchandise crashed the site and led to you having to spend hours locked to your computer? Apples and oranges.

I see, you really don't understand the issue at hand. Why should someone who frequents the forum and happens across a limited item get priority over me... "Wah... I have a job, family and a life I can't sit on this website all day, why can't I have equal access to the limited merchandise?" Why should someone who can show up early in the day at a venue to get in line get in and to the rail before me... "Wah... I have a job, family and a life I can't make it to the venue early on concert day, why can't I have equal access to venue entry?" The same BS excuses used against the F5 ticket system are directly applicable and can be used to ruin other aspects of the 10C.
  • Options
    I'm done.
    I thought you were done? You felt the need to come back and take time out of your awesome life to whine some more? So are you just a liar or has your need to go with the herd and compulsively defending the lottery just overtaken you?
    My life is awesome and I'm not whining about anything. Where does that garbage come from? I have F5'd like a madman. I was okay with it. There's now a lottery. I'm okay with that too. Either way... I really don't give a shit: I, too, have never missed any show I have ever wanted to attend so I have never experienced any 'immovable objects which have made my life an utter mess'. If I had to... I'd go on StubHub or EBay without hesitation as I have done in the past.

The thing that needs to be said is that for you to suggest that the best way to do things is to take time off work or have a really good pal try to score you tickets and F5 like a maniac borders on sheer lunacy. With no other option... both are reasonable; but a lottery is infinitely better.

You are the one whining here and you don't even understand that you are doing it: you don't like the change and you are complaining kind of loudly about it.

Have a nice day, Champ.
    I don’t know if you just don’t read what other people post, but you just don’t understand why some of us appreciate the F5 system. We completely understand why you and most of the liberals around here like the lottery. You put in ZERO effort and have a chance to win. I get it, you guys are easy to understand, and have simple motivations. Some of us would like to control our own destiny, whether that is waiting in line all night to get the best tickets, working OT to buy premium seats, or hitting F5 for (on average) 1 hour. Yet people are still rewarded for visiting the site often with limited merchandise, and people are rewarded for lining up early at a GA show by getting to the front. Why the inconsistent application? Before you know it; people like you will have lowered your standards enough that we will be using lotteries in other places they don’t belong, such as college admissions. Because “these kids have social lives, part time jobs, families, twitter… how can we expect them to devote time to studying and getting good grades? It would only be fair to just pick kids for college via lottery.”
    Then there are the down sides to the lottery that some are just now realizing. It increases the pool of people trying for tickets, and lowers EVERYONE’S chances. People who wouldn’t have spent time F5-ing to get tickets for a show like Wrigley simply through their name in the hat, this includes scalpers.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm done.
    I thought you were done? You felt the need to come back and take time out of your awesome life to whine some more? So are you just a liar or has your need to go with the herd and compulsively defending the lottery just overtaken you?

Have a nice day, Champ.
    I don’t know if you just don’t read what other people post, but you just don’t understand why some of us appreciate the F5 system. We completely understand why you and most of the liberals around here like the lottery. You put in ZERO effort and have a chance to win. I get it, you guys are easy to understand, and have simple motivations. Some of us would like to control our own destiny, whether that is waiting in line all night to get the best tickets, working OT to buy premium seats, or hitting F5 for (on average) 1 hour. Yet people are still rewarded for visiting the site often with limited merchandise, and people are rewarded for lining up early at a GA show by getting to the front. Why the inconsistent application? Before you know it; people like you will have lowered your standards enough that we will be using lotteries in other places they don’t belong, such as college admissions. Because “these kids have social lives, part time jobs, families, twitter… how can we expect them to devote time to studying and getting good grades? It would only be fair to just pick kids for college via lottery.”
    Then there are the down sides to the lottery that some are just now realizing. It increases the pool of people trying for tickets, and lowers EVERYONE’S chances. People who wouldn’t have spent time F5-ing to get tickets for a show like Wrigley simply through their name in the hat, this includes scalpers.

whilst it is easy to understand the sentiment behind what you are saying, and parts of what you state do make sense, comparing buying tickets to see your favourite rock band via their fanclub presale to that of your child applying for college is just plain silly.
  • Options
    Paul,you sound like a communist to me.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    Maybe some of your problems with the F5 System were using F5. :lol:

I never hit that dang button... and scored tix to most every show. Not a fan of the lottery but it is what it is and as long as PJ announces a real tour... and we all have LOTS of choices for our 1st choice we should be fine... At least for attending one show ... (those of us looking to do multiples... not quite so lucky...) If its two shows at a time... then this system blows. I, for one, do not feel entitled but prefered the old method of devoting all my time and energy... like a mad woamn... for how many ever hours it took ... and then reaping the rewards of tickets. But its not that way currently... so i will deal with what they have given me... which this tour was:

NOTHING. SHUT OUT. Trolling the board for tix now.

Which reminds me... Anyone have a London or maybe a Chicago GA for me??

Please PM me... if you want to be really nice to me for some reason. 8-)
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm done.

Have a nice day, Champ.

I'm not a liar or part of the herd. I am a man who has just read some mind-numbing material from someone who is either off their meds, been sniffing glue, or is just plain fucking nuts.

I've seen some doozies before, but this one reigns supreme. How does a lottery versus F5 ticket allotment discussion turn into people like me will have lowered your standards enough that we will be using lotteries in other places they don’t belong, such as college admissions. You think one's particular preference for attaining tickets reveals their political interests?

Weird. Really weird.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    MG79478 wrote:
    We completely understand why you and most of the liberals around here like the lottery.

oh boy! :lol: :yawn:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    :corn:
This discussion has been closed.