Options

Why do people feel so entitled to 10C tickets?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Ty wrote:
    Seriously how much money you spent on the band or how long you've been listening to them or how much do they mean to you... how can you compare that? I mean everyone who suscribed to TC are die-hard fans and that's it!
    It's just that lottery thing is ridiculous, I mean in a lottery you pay something and you don't know what you're getting but you're getting something! Fuck let's do a lottery and 10 TC members get to see the show from the stage, that would be a freakin lotto! But for a paying show thats wicked, let the fans from Chicago And Illinois get the chance to score nominative TC tickets for a few days and then open to the rest of the Fan club, that's the only thing that makes sense to me (I'm not leaving there btw). What's next? Would guys like a lotto so only a few get the chance to buy the deluxe LP edition of the new album? Would you like that?!!

Angree, it shouldn't be a gamble/lottery for a premium paying fan to see their favourite band. We pay for the ticket, and for paying the premium we should have access to early tickets, not maybe-access. Ridiculous! If the TenClub was free, or in line with the 45" and the magazine, then yeah, allow a lottery. but not $50 a year.
    20$ is the membership(chance for tix ,radio,digital stuff,forum etc)
    +
    20$ is to get he single and the magazine
    +
    10$ is the shipping for international member

thats why you pay 50..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    Ty wrote:
    I'm in Australia, so I didn't try get tickets. I have also never missed out on tickets I wanted before, despite getting close with a few EV shows indeed.

I have also NEVER complained or whinged about the TenClub, ever.

An ongoing member for 17 years now, the main reason we pay our money to the TenClub is for the hope a tour announcement and the security of knowing we, as fans paying a premium for the privilege, can get rad tickets before the general public fans (who are not paying the premium). We don't pay it for the forum, nor the 45" or the 8x10 or whatever... we pay it for the tickets. If Pearl Jam can't guarantee us the tickets when we want them, as premium paying TenClub members, then they shouldn't offer the service at all, nor charge us for it... just make the 45" available in the shop and be done with the TenClub.

"Fans are fans ad they all deserve tickets!" Yes, I agree, totally. But if some fans pay a premium to be part of a TenClub community to ensure tickets when we want them, then we should get them.

To the argument that "Pearl Jam aren't allocated many tickets for the fanclub release..." Bullshit! They are the fucking headline act that booked the venue. They can have all the tickets if they want. During the TenClub presale window they should sell up to the capacity of the venue. If it's full of TenClubbers and sold out, well it's sold out and full of fans who paid the premium of access to early full-priced tickets.

If someone is paying their $50 for the 45" and the magazine (both cool items, btw, but not worth that money alone), they are a dickhead. I expect to get tickets through the TenClub and should, for the annual cost.

I hope the TenClub read this post before they announce an Australian tour.

My question is... in 1996 when the band was undoubtedly at it's biggest and most in demand, did TenClubbers ever miss out on tickets through the TenClub? If the answer is no, something needs to be fixed! I remember the NY 200 bootleg mentioning something like 9,000 TenClubbers each night at MSG.
    just to add something in your thought..
    someone from Argentina why to become 10c member before 05??
    they never played there before
    me,why to be member before 06??and why to keep my membership??they will never play here again..
    and do you think,that 10c go to a meeting for book a venue and will say we want all the venue,cos we can sell it??and they just get it??
    venues has contracts with ticket companies,season holders,promoters..

at 96 the members wasnt so many 10c member as are today..
    tickets are nt enough for all..and people will shut out..
    they just fixed the system to run smooth..they didnt put the lottery and the tickets they had for saler are more..
    are the same as they can get as always..just the system is different..

TenClub membership was a hell of a lot cheaper in '05/'06. And you travel to shows, so early access to tickets is worth it to you, so you paid the premium. I pay each and every year too, in hope of a tour I want tickets to, which I should be entitled to access, not gamble for.

was 25 $ for international member..now you can be member with 20,for have chance to score tix..
    if thats the isssue and dont want the mag and the single
    there is no gabble...
    gabble to pay extra for enter the lottery..you dont,,you paid the membership you always paying
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    just to add something in your thought..
    someone from Argentina why to become 10c member before 05??
    they never played there before
    me,why to be member before 06??and why to keep my membership??they will never play here again..
    and do you think,that 10c go to a meeting for book a venue and will say we want all the venue,cos we can sell it??and they just get it??
    venues has contracts with ticket companies,season holders,promoters..

at 96 the members wasnt so many 10c member as are today..
    tickets are nt enough for all..and people will shut out..
    they just fixed the system to run smooth..they didnt put the lottery and the tickets they had for saler are more..
    are the same as they can get as always..just the system is different..

TenClub membership was a hell of a lot cheaper in '05/'06. And you travel to shows, so early access to tickets is worth it to you, so you paid the premium. I pay each and every year too, in hope of a tour I want tickets to, which I should be entitled to access, not gamble for.[/quote]

was 25 $ for international member..now you can be member with 20,for have chance to score tix..
    if thats the isssue and dont want the mag and the single
    there is no gabble...
    gabble to pay extra for enter the lottery..you dont,,you paid the membership you always paying[/quote]

**Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales

Access to me means access. That is my argument. A lottery isn't access. A lottery is a gamble/lottery. A lottery prior to the actual sale of the tickets isn't access to ticket pre-sales.

And dude, I love your passion and presence on this Forum. I'm liking the debate, and like we are conversing without slinging shit, which you see a lot on here!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    I think more people are just fed up with 10c's bs and the jerks who call anyone who complains "whiners."

The lottery exists because the 10c doesn't want to deal with having to pay for servers. So stop trying to defend it.

And I'm not even going to the Wrigley show, so I have no stake in this other than that I hate seeing people defend organizations for making cheapskate solutions that hurt the customer experience.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I think more people are just fed up with 10c's bs and the jerks who call anyone who complains "whiners."

The lottery exists because the 10c doesn't want to deal with having to pay for servers. So stop trying to defend it.

And I'm not even going to the Wrigley show, so I have no stake in this other than that I hate seeing people defend organizations for making cheapskate solutions that hurt the customer experience.

100%, yo! Provide the service (that we pay for), or don't, I say. Sucks! PJ undoubtedly earn more than every band in the world besides about 10 maybe, so they can co-fund (alongside our memberships) a TenClub that keeps everyone happy by access to tickets, etc. And I haven't mentioned it before, but 10C are slow on news, exclusive bits and pieces (e.g. like the Rumour Pit used to provide to all), and the limited merch items get a mere mention on the Forum, not an email to current TenClubbers, so they usually get snapped up by the same people who sit on here a lot, or who happen to be on here at that time and see it. A few changes needed.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720

wow...... whatever. i got shut out but i guess i am just a 10c bitch for thinking you are crazy cynical.... :?
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    wow...... whatever. i got shut out but i guess i am just a 10c bitch for thinking you are crazy cynical.... :?

HEHEHEHEHE you said bitch
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    [

**Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales

Access to me means access. That is my argument. A lottery isn't access. A lottery is a gamble/lottery. A lottery prior to the actual sale of the tickets isn't access to ticket pre-sales.

And dude, I love your passion and presence on this Forum. I'm liking the debate, and like we are conversing without slinging shit, which you see a lot on here!

all have access to the presale..you enter the lottery and thats it.(will give me a break with my greekglish how i understand the word access!!) :D lol

ok.really..about your last comment..
    i love it too,and really that thing happening i dont get it..
    its so easy to have a conversation,with respectfull way..we have opinions,different ,the same,doesnt matter..
    that smartass ironing comments and name calling,i dont get them...
    and the worst is people when they do it,they think they put an argument at the conversation,and they are right,cos they call out someone ..
    and for sure,when you are calm,you can think more clear..today people are upset..
    things get away faster than a normal day!
    cheers
  • Options

lets say you are right..they dont want to spent money for servers..i agree

why this make slottery not a better system than the previous??

did you read the forum??

well,there are many people score tix..are happy...there are people didnt score,but are ok,cow they didnt loose their day in front of the pc,they didnt take the day off they didnt have to pay for a nany..etc...

10c today,sold all the tickets they had..and all was fopr 10c members..

well..i tell you there are alot of happy customers today..
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    awilkins wrote:
    I just don't get it.

For a very long time getting 10C tickets has been a lottery of sorts. Whether it was luck of F5'ing or luck of the lottery draw, it was always a gamble. And yes, many of us had our tricks and secrets to beat F5'ing or make sure we had the best chance at getting tickets, but it was just that, a chance, not a guarantee. 10C offers the chance to get tickets before the general public and, in most instances, the best possible seats. Just because you got lucky and/or perfected your technique in getting tickets time after time over the years, doesn't actually make you entitled to tickets. Paying money for a membership with perks and a chance doesn't guarantee you anything.

I've been a 10C member for 10 years, been to 8 PJ shows and to 2 EV shows, and I've gotten 10C tickets 4 times: PJ in Halifax, Hartford, and Montreal, and EV in Hartford. I've spent countless hours, days even, F5'ing in order to successfully and more often than not unsuccessfully get 10C tickets. In the instances where I didn't get lucky, I found other ways to obtain tickets or just didn't go. And yes, I live in New Brunswick, Canada, a place PJ has never played, but I don't mind travelling as little as 3.5 hours or upwards of 18 hours to see a band I love.

I've been a fan of this band for a very long time, and while there are several occasions where I haven't enjoyed some of the decisions they have or 10C or management or whomever was responsible, have made, I've understood this was in the best interest of someone and I've rolled with it. The most recent approach to 10C tickets is the smoothest and most fair to every fan, new and old, in order to see a band that means a great deal to them. Sure the chance to use your techniques and patience hitting F5 to have a better chance at getting tickets is gone, but it was only ever a chance. Now, one can log in, choose options, not have your face ripped off, and receive an email notifying you of your choices instantly, along with an email relatively soon after the deadline notifying you whether or not you were successful.

As far as Wrigley goes, I submitted my #1 (and only) choice of GA pit only this morning as the timing just doesn't work out the greatest for me in my current state of school-life-employment. Within seconds I had an email confirming my selection. Two minutes before the deadline, I canceled my order, having a change of heart on the realities of possibly winning, albeit remote. Again, within seconds, I received an email confirming my cancellation. This was the simplest ticket order I've ever had, and being able to subsequently cancel it--an option that was never before available-- was a great.

So while many will say it's easy to write a post proclaiming support for 10C when the author didn't end up opting to enter the lottery, I will grant you that. However, do I feel entitled to receive 10C tickets? No. Have I ever? No. Have I been shut out from 10C tickets before? Yes. Have I been extremely frustrated and wasted countless hours hitting F5 for nothing? Yes. But I never complained. There are other ways to get tickets via other presales, general onsales, making friends, waiting until the last minute, and the always dreaded scalper, which I don't recommend, as one should never have to pay more than face value for something. Scalpers are usually good for cheaper than face value if you can stand to wait until the very last minute, however this isn't easily done with those travelling great distances.

And to those that say a better system would be a first come first served option, what about the fan that has to work that day? Or the new fan that was at a funeral? Or the server crashes we've come to know and love oh so much? I don't think the biggest and most honest PJ fan is also the fan that sits at his or her computer for countless hours so as to not miss a thing, let alone the chance to purchase tickets to the show of their choice. This new lottery option with servers that work and ease of use is likely the best and most all-encompassing/inclusive option we've had to date, whether you were successful today or not.

My point here is, we should all take a moment to reflect on what it means to be a fan of music. What it means to be a fan of PJ. What it means to be a considerate and compassionate human being. And not what we all have come to accept as normal in jadedness and entitlement. So you didn't win the lottery to see your favourite band. Big deal. There are other options to do so. And the band will play other shows, they'll play other legendary shows and in cool locations. Seeing Pearl Jam is not about the ability to brag to your friends about things or possession or that you were at X location when Y guest showed up for Z song, but about the personal experience you had with a band who's music means so much and your friends and family just don't understand why you love to see them multiple times. This is something you can't see or hold, but only feel.

So be a fan of Pearl Jam. Be a fan of live music. Be a fan of humanity and humility and take your sense of entitlement and shove it.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine."
    i totally agree with you
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    tremorvoid wrote:
    tenclub tickets is really the only reason to be in the tenclub.

Not for me. Never used 10c tickets for Pearl Jam. With no seniority for European shows, 10c tickets aren't that important.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:

Not for me. .
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:

Not for me. Never used 10c tickets for Pearl Jam. With no seniority for European shows, 10c tickets aren't that important.

For Wuhlheide 10C tickets are great, with the separate entrance, the fanclub area etc...
    Other than that, 10C tickets doesn't matter to me...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Ty,

you say if Pj wanted all the tickets for a show for tenclub they can have them because they are the headline act.

Two things here - that is plainly wrong.....They have to fight for the allocation they get. They have fought the system before on their own and pretty much lost out. Promoters and ticketmasters have a massive hold and monopoly over venues and they run the ticketing - paying the band for their appearance. A band cannot demand the whole ticket allocation unless they find a venue that isnt tied to the agents. theyve done that before and it just didnt work out.

Fans outside the fanclub deserve to go too....not everyone lives and breathes the band but that doesnt mean they shouldnt get a chance to see them
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    boyo79 wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:

For Wuhlheide 10C tickets are great, with the separate entrance, the fanclub area etc...

that was great

the early entrance is nice too at venues. That alone is worth the fee for membership.

Also Wembley 07 - the tenclub floor was superb.

Generally Ian is dead right though - its not so important with GA and seniority isnt an issue across the pond whatsoever
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Fans outside the fanclub deserve to go too....not everyone lives and breathes the band but that doesnt mean they shouldnt get a chance to see them
    this is very important..alot think if you are not 10c member,you are not a fan..

this is just wrong..
  • Options
    this is the only really venue i want 10c tix,cos of the party at the 10c entrance and 10c bar-area...
    i love this plzace..really is a must see pj venue
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    It is always funny when there is a big ticket sales or some limited merch that is made available..... it seems to me that the board posts go from tolerant and helpful to angry, spiteful and selfish.
    If going to a show is a big deal then buy a regular ticket or scalp. I have been doing this for 20 plus years to see bands i like....pj just happens to be the band I'm obsessed with.
    Now go back under your bridges, be angry trolls and let the rest of the community get along with things.
    Oh yeah....wanna buy a white backspacer or a backpack?
    Some people need to get over themselves and the 10c is just a slice of everything else in our society..... a percentage of entitled people.
    Thanks to posters like Dimi and ComeBackGirl for being positive all of the time.....in spite of the obvious fact that there are some people you'll never convince.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    It is always funny when there is a big ticket sales or some limited merch that is made available..... it seems to me that the board posts go from tolerant and helpful to angry, spiteful and selfish.
    If going to a show is a big deal then buy a regular ticket or scalp. I have been doing this for 20 plus years to see bands i like....pj just happens to be the band I'm obsessed with.
    Now go back under your bridges, be angry trolls and let the rest of the community get along with things.
    Oh yeah....wanna buy a white backspacer or a backpack?
    Some people need to get over themselves and the 10c is just a slice of everything else in our society..... a percentage of entitled people.
    Thanks to posters like Dimi and ComeBackGirl for being positive all of the time.....in spite of the obvious fact that there are some people you'll never convince.
    oh..thanks for your kind words..
    you know..this here is a small place,but give as picture of the real world out there
    if you are angry and selfish here all the time..then yeah..you are angry and selfish in your life in general..
    and yes..some people youll never convince..
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

that was great

the early entrance is nice too at venues. That alone is worth the fee for membership.

Also Wembley 07 - the tenclub floor was superb.

Generally Ian is dead right though - its not so important with GA and seniority isnt an issue across the pond whatsoever

You are of course correct.
    Early entrance is good for those who wanna get close to the stage or have first shot at the merch table.

Speaking of merch: Merch booth outside the O2 in Berlin last year was excellent. I bought the poster and stuff and went back to the hotel. No hassle with the tubes inside the venue... :)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    zman wrote:
    there was no "luck" with F5, if you were diligent enough you could score tickets.
    I agree. I don't believe I ever got shut out of a show. I didn't have any special tricks other then persistance.

Thankfully, I don't think getting tickets to Wrigley will be hard to get through traditional means.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    This one hurt...but come on....lifes short...
    i've been in 15+ years...didn't get lucky at Wrigley...
    Oh well...this one just wasn't in the cards thru tenclub...
    i'm still going to buy (or try) tix thru the public sale...
    sometimes its just the way the cookie crumbles...
    either way...still love what 10club has to offer...
    no ones perfect...not everyone can win either...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    curly wrote:

Pity not enough have this outlook. Seems alot of people think just because they don't get 10c tickets that means they are 'shutout'. There is always the public sale as Curly points out. Good luck dude
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    It's pretty hard for me to feel bad for someone who says they've never been shut out of 10c tickets. Ive been shut out more than once, and it wasn't because I was "lazy". Getting tickets using the old system doesn't make you a bigger fan of the band than those who couldn't score them. Every show Ive had to use TM for, I'm rocking out a lot harder than a good portion of you "hard-working" fans on the floor. See ya in the pit
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    curly wrote:

Pity not enough have this outlook. Seems alot of people think just because they don't get 10c tickets that means they are 'shutout'. There is always the public sale as Curly points out. Good luck dude
  • Options
    I've honestly not seen a single person make even a semi-legitimate argument as to why they 'should' get tickets to every show simply because they decided to become a 10C member....and there are currently and literally hundreds of posts in here trying to do just that. Where they got this idea from is a complete and utter mystery. Did people honestly believe there was some kind of argreement where as long as you paid your yearly fee you were entitled to tickets for every show you may have ever wanted to attend? This isn't true in any other scenario on the planet. Even more bizarre are those that seem to be so filled with self absorbed delusion that they believe the adult members of a band that has been together for over 20 years somehow owes them something more than they have already provided. It's bizarre and quite frankly has lessened my opinon of Pearl Jam fans in general. For some reason I had asumed most were hard working adults with lives of their own. People who were intelligent and capable enough to deal with the realites of life, business, art, fandom, disappointment etc. Where they got the idea this entire journey was about them and their self-serving desires is astonshing.

Oh well...the good news is that me and my wife got lucky and will be there and I know that those that will be there with us are not the same group I simply wouldn't want anywhere near me for this thing in the first place.
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    BL176748 wrote:
    I've honestly not seen a single person make even a semi-legitimate argument as to why they 'should' get tickets to every show simply because they decided to become a 10C member....and there are currently and literally hundreds of posts in here trying to do just that. Where they got this idea from is a complete and utter mystery. Did people honestly believe there was some kind of argreement where as long as you paid your yearly fee you were entitled to tickets for every show you may have ever wanted to attend? This isn't true in any other scenario on the planet. Even more bizarre are those that seem to be so filled with self absorbed delusion that they believe the adult members of a band that has been together for over 20 years somehow owes them something more than they have already provided. It's bizarre and quite frankly has lessened my opinon of Pearl Jam fans in general. For some reason I had asumed most were hard working adults with lives of their own. People who were intelligent and capable enough to deal with the realites of life, business, art, fandom, disappointment etc. Where they got the idea this entire journey was about them and their self-serving desires is astonshing.

Oh well...the good news is that me and my wife got lucky and will be there and I know that those that will be there with us are not the same group I simply wouldn't want anywhere near me for this thing in the first place.

I don;t think I deserve tickets. I do think I deserve a fair system for getting them though. This so called lottery was not a fair system. The reason being was the "tiered" ranking system that few understood going in. It was a screw job from that perspective. I haven't seen any threads saying people think they "deserved tickets" what I have seen is people think that a lottery system with this stupid ranking Tier monkey wrench thrown into it is not a good syste,. . Old timers believe merit based acquisition to tickets is fari, newbies like lottery because then they can get the same thing the old timers get with out havign to work for it. It's sort of like Dems and Republicans really if you think about it....
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    thanks boyo,...and dimi...

dimi...holy smokes...your getting close to that 100,000 post...

i hope i'm online that day...it will be a milestone in tenclub world :):)
  • Options
    curly wrote:
    thanks boyo,...and dimi...

dimi...holy smokes...your getting close to that 100,000 post...

i hope i'm online that day...it will be a milestone in tenclub world :):)
    ill tell my maids to sent you an invitation!! ;)

have a great day!
  • Options
    If I may put in my view I would really appreciate it. (just do not read if it is too long and boring :D :corn:

I am new to the 10C paid membership, just last year in fact. That does not mean I have not been a LONG time PJ fan. I have paid for tickets all along to see PJ sometimes in seats so bad not only b/c you could not see them, but could barely even hear them. I have never complained, just so thankful to be apart of the PJ experience.

I have also been to EV more intimate smaller solo's (both Montreal's) where the seats I got were awesome one night and not so hot the other, paid full price and again NO complaints..I was there, listening to EV, feeling the entire experience which I still hold to this day.

Only recently a 10C full member because I run a charity (unpaid) and have two fantastic teen Daughters (LOL that are not cheap to raise :lol: and after years of watching this site, did I feel I could afford the luxury of the Club as a paid member.

Joining the Club was very special to me, I thought bring me even closer to PJ fans who understand what it is like to be a true PJ lover (In the real World NOT ONE person in my life comes close to the love I have for PJ and EV)

I entered the lottery really hoping that I would win, but full well realizing "it is a lottery, if I don't win..I don't" that is the way lotteries are.

When I found out I won tic's to see them as a 10C member in London, the excitement I felt was like never before, finally a chance to be with PJ "family" who would share the same love, energy at a show (as opposed to some shows I have been at where ppl just sat there beside me texting not even clapping after an amazing set!)

When I won the set of tickets, I immediately reached out to my "PJ "family" (complete strangers) and offered them my extra ticket as I refused to just bring "anyone" (including my own girls who do not love PJ like I do!) as I wanted someone there who would appreciate that ticket as much as I do, and feel just as lucky to be there as I.

After reading some of the negative posts, I will admit I am completely disheartened, I almost feel as though I do not "deserve" to even go to the show as I have a "high #" and now almost feel "shamed" because I won, and wonder if the others around me will point saying "hmm..non deserving winner"

I thought this group would bring me together with PJ members, who were as passionate about the love of PJ as I am...I am not feeling "the love" so too speak in reading some of these posts.

I have paid my dues as a fan for many years in other ways (yes having to use the rotten ticketmaster I despise) I love PJ with all my heart and soul, and feel as though being a 10C member would complete my PJ love with ppl that felt the same.

I did not realize because I only became a member last year "that I am less worthy" to attend a show in the 10C. For which those tickets mean the absolute World to me.

I feel as though I should be apologizing for winning the "lottery", which in itself is a strange feeling to have amongst fellow PJ's.
This discussion has been closed.