Hyatt booked! $161 per night AAA
    2000 - Jones Beach NY x3 8/23, 8/24, 8/25
    2003 - West Palm Beach FL 4/11; Uniondale NY 4/30; MSG NYC 7/8 & 7/9
    2006 - Hartford CT 5/13; E. Rutherford NJ 6/3
    2008 - MSG NYC 6/24, 6/25; Hartford CT 6/27
    2009 - Philly PA 10/31
    2010 - MSG NYC x2 5/20 & 5/21;
    2011 - Hartford 6/18 (EV Solo); Montreal, Canada 9/7
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL 7/19 ; Barclays, Brooklyn, NY 10/18 & 10/19; Hartford CT 10/25
    2014 - Denver CO 10/22
    2015 - NYC 9/26 
    2016 - NYC 5/1, 5/2; Boston 8/5, 8/7; Temple Of The Dog MSG 11/7
    2018 - Seattle 8/8, 8/10
    2022 - NYC 2/4 (EV Solo); Ottawa 9/3; MSG NYC  9/11; Denver 9/22
    2023- Chicago 9/5
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Still working on a room! May end up in some rap
    Hotel by the end of this thing!
  • Options
    BreatheBreathe Posts: 67
    I booked the Hyatt as well. Great location and their renovations will be done by July

YLed2 wrote:
    Went with the Hyatt....not a bad price and from what I'm hearing, a nice bar :mrgreen:
    My eyes have seen you
    Let them photograph your soul
    Memorize your alleys
    On an endless roll- J Morrison
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Still working on a room! May end up in some rap
    Hotel by the end of this thing!

Right there with you
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Breathe wrote:
    I booked the Hyatt as well. Great location and their renovations will be done by July

YLed2 wrote:
    Went with the Hyatt....not a bad price and from what I'm hearing, a nice bar :mrgreen:

Nearly $60 a night to park? Ouch
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    As a local, and I have a friend who is a regional manager with a hotel company that has multiple properties, he told me once they announced concert they raised rates $100, he said in time they will come back down, but, it was easy to raise them now.....look at the demand now....

So if you want to lock in a refundable rate so you don't have to worry go for it, but plan on getting better rates as it gets closer.....

Looking at what other people are saying in the thread, there is no way I would stay at the Days Inn in Lincoln Park.

Good luck, and like tickets the prices will come down.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Inn at Lincoln Park, which is different from the Days Inn that is down the street, is 1 mile south of Wrigley on Clark and Diversey. About $100 a night, I stay there whenever I'm in town for a Cubs game. Plus, as a possible bonus for the drinker, Yakzees is right across the street and they are open til 5 AM.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    I booked a room at the Hotel Lincoln in Chicago for $200. It is a boutique hotel so the rooms are on the small side, but it seems like a classy establishment. A 4 star hotel that is walking distance from Wrigley sounded good to me. I live in the Chicagoland area, but there is no way I want to be worried about driving that night. Let those Old Styles pour, baby! I can hear those cans cracking open already! :D
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Huskers20 wrote:
    Looking at what other people are saying in the thread, there is no way I would stay at the Days Inn in Lincoln Park.

What sort of negative comments have been made about the Days Inn?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    How crazey will it be to get the red line after the show? Will there be 20,000 people all rushing the trains?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    We need a 10 club group hotel
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Breathe wrote:

YLed2 wrote:

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency a couple of times. Nice hotel - perfect for Lollapalooza as it sits directly over the park...

Never parked there (train from the airport - walked the rest of the weekend) but heard it was expensive... $52 a night is retarded.
    mvw wrote:
    I booked a room at the Hotel Lincoln in Chicago for $200. It is a boutique hotel so the rooms are on the small side, but it seems like a classy establishment. A 4 star hotel that is walking distance from Wrigley sounded good to me. I live in the Chicagoland area, but there is no way I want to be worried about driving that night. Let those Old Styles pour, baby! I can hear those cans cracking open already! :D

Boutique hotel?

*punch*

:lol:

Me and my buddies have a running joke about Boutique hotels that started in chicago... one year we went to lolla and wound up at Hotel Felix thanks to priceline.... calling yourself a "Boutique" hotel is just an excuse to label yourself 4 or 5 star without having to add the amenities that come with it - i.e. tiny rooms you can barely turn around in, no rooms with 2 beds, no mini-bar, 1 elevator for a 20 story building, a tiny lobby bar that charges $10 for a bud light, rude staff because you're not "hip", having to step over the toilet to get into the shower...

I don't stay in fucking boutique hotels anymore. :lol:

If I decide to go, I'm definitely going to be negotiating my deal with Mr. Shatner before I call some place up and book directly... too many hotels in chicago not to try...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    We booked the Hyatt as well! Glad to see others did too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Huskers20 wrote:

Besides it being the Days Inn? :lol:;)

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Huskers20 wrote:

Besides it being the Days Inn? :lol: ;)

This...I probably shouldn't have been so harsh, but like I said get a refundable room booked now, and wait you will be able to find something much better probably for less $$$....Also all of the "boutique" hotels are on the "upscale discount sites" like jetsetter, sniqueaway and others.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    dottles wrote:
    I'm not coming over, but in 2011 I stayed at the Silversmith Hotel, it was a great place to stay, location was fab.
    Really friendly staff, big rooms and I got a really good rate via a code on their facebook page.

http://www.silversmithchicagohotel.com/

I booked here. Seems nice but $50 per day valet parking, ouch!
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    The Hyatt won for now. We'll see what else we find in the coming months.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    For those using PL or Hotwire.... check out http://www.betterbidding.com/

It will help get you the right informaiton on what hotel you are actually bidding on based on zone and amenities. There is also a forum area where people confirm hotels and prices after they book and stay.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    dottles wrote:
    I'm not coming over, but in 2011 I stayed at the Silversmith Hotel, it was a great place to stay, location was fab.
    Really friendly staff, big rooms and I got a really good rate via a code on their facebook page.

http://www.silversmithchicagohotel.com/

I booked here. Seems nice but $50 per day valet parking, ouch!

I didn't have that problem, but I would stay there again without a thought if I were coming back over. They were great, even when I changed my room requirements late in the day.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    We are booked at the City Suites. 1/2 mile from Wrigley
    Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, VIC 07, Philly night 4 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Pitt 13, Charlottesville 13, Cincinnati 14, St. Louis 14
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I'm in the days inn club

We'll make our own hotel bar :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I just booked at the Hyatt Regency @ $169 per night. I guess that isn't too bad for downtown Chicago on a weekend.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    cmm6734 wrote:
    I just booked at the Hyatt Regency @ $169 per night. I guess that isn't too bad for downtown Chicago on a weekend.

Same here....booked for 4 people at $219 a night which may seem steep, but is actually really good for a a 4 star hotel in downtown Chi Town on a weekend as you said. $52 a night for parking does suck though......
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    YLed2 wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:

Same here....booked for 4 people at $219 a night which may seem steep, but is actually really good for a a 4 star hotel in downtown Chi Town on a weekend as you said. $52 a night for parking does suck though......

I will save a little money because I am flying in from Houston, and I'll just take the train and walk to the hotel. I won't have to park a car.

It seems like quite a few people are staying here, there definitely needs to be a hotel bar meetup at some point.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    cmm6734 wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:

I will save a little money because I am flying in from Houston, and I'll just take the train and walk to the hotel. I won't have to park a car.

It seems like quite a few people are staying here, there definitely needs to be a hotel bar meetup at some point.

Yeah when I booked the reservation today, the receptionist laughed when I answered why I was coming to Chicago for that weekend and said a ton of people have already booked for the same reason there. Bar looks really cool there so I'm sure we'll have a great group. 6 miles from Wrigley and I'm sure the train is right around the corner that takes you there.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Very excited that "Hyatt" and "Cool Lobby Bar" are going together so well!

• Options
    See yall at the Hyatt!
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Also just booked at the Hyatt! Chose upgrade options too ... Come on, Executive Suite! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:

With the cost of gas, driving from PA, and the $104 parking I'm starting to look for flights. Although, there are garages in the area that seem to have somewhat cheaper rates.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i may need to start a parking service on my lawn.

if you are coming from the west, park in my yard, pay 25 for the stay and get a ride to the train station.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg