Options

Chicago hotel takeovers- Hotel Resident Lists 7/17/13

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Why hasn't anyone tried Priceline???

i'm staying at home :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    just booked at Days Inn for $142/night. looks close to the park & has good reviews.

Days Inn Chicago near Lincoln Park
    644 West Diversey Parkway
    Chicago, IL US 60614
    Hotel Phone 1-773-525-7010

I'm there as well.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    just booked at Days Inn for $142/night. looks close to the park & has good reviews.

Days Inn Chicago near Lincoln Park
    644 West Diversey Parkway
    Chicago, IL US 60614
    Hotel Phone 1-773-525-7010

I'm there as well.

it's officially a cess pool :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I think we just found the "hotel" we should all take over! :lol:
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

looks like we have a volunteer! :o

I live 2 miles south of the stadium and have already booked my bed for this weekend :D

Seriously though, in 09 people had rooms (albeit on a Sunday and Monday night) for $60 downtown! Surprised so many folks are paying $150+ without at least attempting PL :corn:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

deck space is limited, book early :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

deck space is limited, book early :lol:

Eh...I'll just sleep in the bed of your truck
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I live 2 miles south of the stadium and have already booked my bed for this weekend :D

Seriously though, in 09 people had rooms (albeit on a Sunday and Monday night) for $60 downtown! Surprised so many folks are paying $150+ without at least attempting PL :corn:

travel was in the shitter in 09, but i hear ya. hotwire has some cheap hotels starting at 90ish for river north.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Eh...I'll just sleep in the bed of your truck

that's fine. :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    81 wrote:
    travel was in the shitter in 09, but i hear ya. hotwire has some cheap hotels starting at 90ish for river north.

I guess. But if it were me I would still be trying. For anyone interested in using PriceLine or Hotwire, there is a site called betterbidding.com that helps you determine what hotels are in what areas/zones, and what other people got rooms for.

Good Luck to everyone and see you in July :)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I guess. But if it were me I would still be trying. For anyone interested in using PriceLine or Hotwire, there is a site called betterbidding.com that helps you determine what hotels are in what areas/zones, and what other people got rooms for.

Good Luck to everyone and see you in July :)

100% agree
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Just booked Hyatt Regency for the weekend-- $161 a night with AAA discount if you contact them directly-- much better rate than Priceline, Expedia, Kayak, etc....See everyone at the Hotel Bar!
    Hear My Name, take a good look, this could be the day!
  • Options
    ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    For folks staying at the Hyatt Regency, just be aware their parking fee is $52 for overnight (6-24 hrs) with in/out privileges. Closest public garage to that hotel that I know of is the Millennium Park Garage about 4 blocks south. You'd want to park in the northern end of the garage (it a big underground garage) so that you can exit onto Randolph Street. That would be parking sections 2C, 2D, 2E, 3D, 3C, 3B and 3A. Millennium Park Garage charges $24 for 24 hours but no in/out privileges. http://www.millenniumgarages.com
    Post edited by Artgirlfriend on
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    Got a suite at the Hilton Garden Inn.... For free :D using Amex points. With 4 kids we need the room :lol:

Good luck to all of you trying to score ten club tix.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Can you cancel when you book with Priceline? I didn't think you could. Also, don't you get the best PL deals when you book with them last minute?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I am staying at the Days Inn. AAA rate is $135
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    For folks staying at the Hyatt Regency, just be aware their parking fee is $52 for overnight (6-24 hrs) with in/out privileges. Closest public garage to that hotel that I know of is the Millennium Park Garage about 4 blocks south. You'd want to park in the northern end of the garage (it a big underground garage) so that you can exit onto Randolph Street. That would be parking sections 2C, 2D, 2E, 3D, 3C, 3B and 3A. Millennium Park Garage charges $24 for 24 hours but no in/out privileges. http://www.millenniumgarages.com

$52 for overnight with in/out privileges???? :?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Priceline is non-refundable, hence, there is a huge risk/reward factor when booking a room.

Once you bid, you are on the hook if they accept your offer.
  • Options
    I'm in the days inn club
  • Options
    sounds like if i get too smashed....alll i need to do is stumble to the days inn and somebody will take me in. :lol: right......right. crickets....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    sounds like when i get too smashed....alll i need to do is stumble to the days inn and somebody will take me in. :lol: right......right. crickets....

Fixed
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    sounds like when i get too smashed....alll i need to do is stumble to the days inn and somebody will take me in. :lol: right......right. crickets....

Fixed

i was good in MT.

this time tho..you might be right. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Where do I throw up?
  • Options
    Where do I throw up?

ask KW :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    sounds like if i get too smashed....alll i need to do is stumble to the days inn and somebody will take me in. :lol: right......right. crickets....

No 81'ing in Bernie's room.

14659000.jpg
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Went with the Hyatt....not a bad price and from what I'm hearing, a nice bar :mrgreen:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

No 81'ing in Bernie's room.

14659000.jpg
    :x :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Group 81ing pic?
  • Options
    Group 81ing pic?

when they play dirty frank......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    Group 81ing pic?

when they play dirty frank......

:o

yes...