Options

Vinyl _____ Show your best/worst sounding!

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    A true classic right here and one I had to hear on vinyl after so many years of CD and MP3 versions. A noticeable difference in quality with booming base, crisp beats and nice, clear atmospherics. Recommended.
    25jig5i.jpg
    Oooh yeah I can imagine that album would be nice in vinyl. Cool. Might have to add it to my 'keep an eye out for' list. :)
    I don't think you'll find it in any shops around here Morello, I was looking for quite a while and ending up going the Ebay route... You might get lucky though!
    \

I've been looking at that too and been salivating when I see it on ebay, but I have held off so far

one day
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    smarchee wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    25jig5i.jpg
    Oooh yeah I can imagine that album would be nice in vinyl. Cool. Might have to add it to my 'keep an eye out for' list. :)
    I don't think you'll find it in any shops around here Morello, I was looking for quite a while and ending up going the Ebay route... You might get lucky though!

I've been looking at that too and been salivating when I see it on ebay, but I have held off so far

one day

You should pull the trigger on that one smarchee, it's badass! Just bide your time, I picked mine up for US$41!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    $41 ? thats awesome

everyone I see on ebay is up to $100

do you know by change no what the purpose of a "gratis hole" in the cover is for, like this one? Is it to see the colour of the vinyl

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MASSIVE-ATTACK-M ... 35c65380db
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    $41 ? thats awesome

everyone I see on ebay is up to $100

do you know by change no what the purpose of a "gratis hole" in the cover is for, like this one? Is it to see the colour of the vinyl

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MASSIVE-ATTACK-M ... 35c65380db

Yep $41, was my lucky day!

No, I'm not too sure what that means, but I doubt it's to see the colour of the vinyl as all the Mezzanine's were in black. I think that was put there to show it's a promo copy that was never opened. Go for it if you don't mind a big hole in your cover, personally I would wait, they alway's pop up on that site...
  • Options
    Blur - Think Tank:
    akfker.jpg
    Such a brilliant sounding album this from the reissue series. Great packaging too, artwork by the infamous Banksy...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Yay!! Also finally got in the long-awaited Searching for Sugar Man soundtrack. Can't wait for a listen - very cool album!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlQGeggnLTrC6dKyXzYEo5XHecPKD6hys13WAPjpCtdmugnxLM-w
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Really wanting to get mezzanine!!! Ive also found it on ebay but the price was a little too steep, although its one record i would actaully pay near 100 for.

Been buying heaps of vinyl (more than i can afford) over the past few weeks and ill update with sound findings, id ont have the greatest set-up but i agree with most of the postings so far so i think i can contribute.

Whats the deal with this lateralus picture disc? Its next in line for purchase, but only heard negative, i still want it... anyone have any more info?
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Whats the deal with this lateralus picture disc? Its next in line for purchase, but only heard negative, i still want it... anyone have any more info?

It has decent sound, outside of the hiss, but it has a ridiculously loud noise floor on it. To much noise to call this anything but a lackluster vinyl, imo. It's definitely cool to look at though.
  • Options
    Really wanting to get mezzanine!!! Ive also found it on ebay but the price was a little too steep, although its one record i would actaully pay near 100 for.

Been buying heaps of vinyl (more than i can afford) over the past few weeks and ill update with sound findings, id ont have the greatest set-up but i agree with most of the postings so far so i think i can contribute.
    Sweet dude, any contributions are welcome! :)
  • Options
    Heres a good price on a Mezzanine, one hour to go though...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASSIVE-ATTACK- ... 3f2450aa18
  • Options
    I picked this up recently, really liking the music and you get a really cool download card like a credit card. Price was nice and low too, but the vinyl isn't the best, a bit washed out sounding, the dynamics don't come through as well as they should. Maybe that's why all the animals on the cover look so sad...
    2zhjp8j.jpg
  • Options
    This sounds really nice on vinyl, and appropriate for such a classic landmark album. Well worth getting...
    5xsoio.jpg
  • Options
    LostUponMyWayLostUponMyWay Posts: 184
    This sounds fantastic!!!!! One of my favorites.

cover(642).jpg
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Options
    CopTheRiotActCopTheRiotAct Posts: 953
    220px-CrazyHorseCD.jpg

Hadn't heard it before. bought the re-press. sounds very impressive, big bass sound. Definitely recommended if you like Old Neil.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    $T2eC16dHJHYFFkYIuoE(BRhIn2vVbg~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

this gets added to the list, sounds incredible
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    sqgr2c.jpg
    The clarity of sound on this is fantastic, definitely one of the best live albums I've ever heard. Highly recommended...
  • Options
    2qd4rcz.jpg
    This is right up there also for sound, was blown away the first time hearing this on vinyl after only hearing it on CD for years.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    smarchee wrote:
    $T2eC16dHJHYFFkYIuoE(BRhIn2vVbg~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

this gets added to the list, sounds incredible

+1, I almost forgot how much I love this record, an absolute classic. The packaging/artwork is really nice quality too.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pink Floyd/DSOTM 30th Anniversary reissue- really all their stuff sounds fantastic. alot of people say this is the quintessential pressing and I concur, listened to this album a bazillion times, but the first time I put this record on the hairs on my neck stood up for practically the entire duration.

Any idea how the 2011 reissue sounds? A lot cheaper than the 30th anniversary one :lol:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pink Floyd/DSOTM 30th Anniversary reissue- really all their stuff sounds fantastic. alot of people say this is the quintessential pressing and I concur, listened to this album a bazillion times, but the first time I put this record on the hairs on my neck stood up for practically the entire duration.

Any idea how the 2011 reissue sounds? A lot cheaper than the 30th anniversary one :lol:

I haven't heard it, but not great from most reviews. I actually bought the recent Wish You Were Here b/c my older copy has a few skips, but I usually stick with the old one.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    photobucket-48978-1370093452814_zpsc91eab1e.jpg

Sounds amazing!

Queens of the Stone Age - ....Like Clockwork

I wish more LPs were pressed at 45rpm.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrtudd.jpg
    Such a timeless classic album this, the sound is really fresh and brilliantly recorded in the old analog ways, which makes it absolutely superb on vinyl! :)
  • Options
    11kw3gj.jpg
    These first two albums from Interpol are must have's in my opinion and would be two of the cheapest records in my collection price-wise, but damn do they sound good! Everything really leaps out of the speakers at you while listening to these gems... :)
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    mrtudd.jpg
    Such a timeless classic album this, the sound is really fresh and brilliantly recorded in the old analog ways, which makes it absolutely superb on vinyl! :)

I agree, this is my favourite sounding Clash on vinyl, sweet choice
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Neil Young - Mirrorball
    2hn6mpj.jpg
    This record sounds fricken' amazing! Had the CD since it's release back in the 90's, but recently picked it up on vinyl and so glad I did. It still sounds really fresh and the guitar sound they got on this album is just plain huge! Highly recommended...
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin - I
    2lwrl09.jpg
    I have two versions of this on vinyl and this newer reissue from 2010 sounds way better than the old 69' copy. I guess they did a remastering to it or something, but it has a brilliant rich, full sound, every instrument is distinctive and these songs, even though I have heard them countless times, have surprised me with how immense they sound.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    reesdog wrote:
    Neil Young - Mirrorball
    2hn6mpj.jpg
    This record sounds fricken' amazing! Had the CD since it's release back in the 90's, but recently picked it up on vinyl and so glad I did. It still sounds really fresh and the guitar sound they got on this album is just plain huge! Highly recommended...

Agreed! Fantastic sounding album, as with all of Neil's pressings!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    This sounds fantastic on vinyl!
    30tt9bp.jpg
    1zl8943.jpg
  • Options
    j9q5ja.jpg
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    Thank you for this thread!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)