Options

***Berlin Fanviews Here 23/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Mirella wrote:
    thanks! Yes, that's me too on Dutch Ramblings. I think concerts are very personal; it's not just the band and the setlist but also the other people, the venue, your spot, the opening band, the waiting line, and much more. In Berlin I was tired and sick and delayed. In time only I guess my experience was only half of what it was supposed to be. Part of the 'problem' is also that this was the one concert I was so much looking forward to. Many friends from many countries (including Germany, ofcourse) were there that night, most for their last concert of the tour.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Your verry welcome...and yes it's a personal thing...but the only thing that matters is we ALL love PJ no matter what..

Sonja
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Nickrand wrote:

As everyone has mentioned, Eddie spoke a lot of broken German. The crowd loved it.

We laughed when Eddie forgot to introduce Jeff during the show (he also forgot Jeff in Prague). Then a Jeff chant started and Eddie realized his mistake. When this happened in Berlin, we saw Jeff tell Matt that this was the fourth time Eddie had forgotten him. Eddie then grabbed his jewels (truely) and mentioned something about Jeff playing bass (base).

Thanks to the band for a special night and to the 10C for a well-run tour!

cool you mentioned what I needed to let out myself so urgently since a while.
    Guess it was one of the nicest moments at this concert when Eddie had forgotten to introduce Jeff again (just like he did in Prague :( ) and the audience made him aware of it by screaming Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...

... such a funny moment to me... hearing finally all names that make this band so extremely stunning and amazing.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Hello!!!

Me and my friends are searching for a recording of Lukin (Berlin)????

Kisses
  • Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    what a perfect night it was! And I got to introduce my co-worker and friend properly to PJ Live! He seemed to love it, and they played Black wich up until that night was his favourite song! Perfect arena, perfect weather, great setlist, excellent sound.....just wow, Thank You!!
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    I have to agree with Jocke that the setlist was great! I don't understand people who actually can even say that it was a weak one. I've listened the bootleg for about 10 times now and I still ain't bored with it. It was a surprise how loud the audience actually were. Specially in Animal, Evenflow, Why go home and of course the end of Black...

Personally this was my first PJ gig (been waiting for them to travel to Finland... :-D) and the venue was perfect. Looking forward to see next summers list of bands in Wuhlheide.

Thanks for everybody who were there! With PJ, you guys made such a good atmosphere for the gig.

Cheers!
    ps. My wishlist: Pearl Jam to perform in Finland......
    "Sometimes a bowler has to face the music... and today that bowler is you Roy."
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Belfast 2010-06-23
  • Options
    zakizaki Posts: 1
    Check out:

http://www.sonja-niemeier.com/pageID_3751417.html

my girl made this pics from the photo pit!!!

please leave a message in the guestbook if u like the pics.

Zaki
  • Options
    zaki wrote:
    Check out:

http://www.sonja-niemeier.com/pageID_3751417.html

my girl made this pics from the photo pit!!!

please leave a message in the guestbook if u like the pics.

Zaki
    Someone posted the link here before ...those are great pictures btw..i also was at the gig in Berlin...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Big Earn wrote:
    I have to agree with Jocke that the setlist was great! I don't understand people who actually can even say that it was a weak one.

Who said so?!!!!!Weak?Gosh,some people LOVE complaining..This concert was UNBELIEVABLE!!!I LOVED it!!!
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    omniscient wrote:
    Who said so?!!!!!Weak?Gosh,some people LOVE complaining..This concert was UNBELIEVABLE!!!I LOVED it!!!

It was somewhere in the start of this thread... Some people are hard to please. ;-)
    "Sometimes a bowler has to face the music... and today that bowler is you Roy."
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Belfast 2010-06-23
  • Options
    Big Earn wrote:
    It was somewhere in the start of this thread... Some people are hard to please. ;-)
    Well i would be pleased just by seing them even without singing...LOL...

For me it doesen't matter that mutch what they sing aslong as they do so it's fine by me...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    Well i would be pleased just by seing them even without singing...LOL...

For me it doesen't matter that mutch what they sing aslong as they do so it's fine by me...
    :D:D:D

That's a fact that some are hardly ever satisfied...Berlin's crowd was superb!*has no doubts about it* and the setlist was uberawesome.;)
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    Jocke wrote:
    what a perfect night it was! And I got to introduce my co-worker and friend properly to PJ Live! He seemed to love it, and they played Black wich up until that night was his favourite song! Perfect arena, perfect weather, great setlist, excellent sound.....just wow, Thank You!!

I think without a doubt this concert was one of the most incredible and amazing experiences of my life, it's clear that the combo PJ + Berlin = kick ass show!!
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    omniscient wrote:
    :D:D:D

That's a fact that some are hardly ever satisfied...Berlin's crowd was superb!*has no doubts about it* and the setlist was uberawesome.;)
    yes everything was great in Berlin..

were from Poland are you ?? Just asking i still have lots of family overthere but never been there...my dad and mum are Polish but born here in Belgium so i don't speak Polish they do but not i....my parents went several time to Poland do...

Greetz Sonja..
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    yes everything was great in Berlin..

were from Poland are you ?? Just asking i still have lots of family overthere but never been there...my dad and mum are Polish but born here in Belgium so i don't speak Polish they do but not i....my parents went several time to Poland do...

Greetz Sonja..

RLY?That's nice.Then you should come to Poland when PJ visits us again.*keeps her fingers crossed for that*
    I live in Cracow.
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    omniscient wrote:
    RLY?That's nice.Then you should come to Poland when PJ visits us again.*keeps her fingers crossed for that*
    I live in Cracow.
    Well i never ever saw those family's only my parent ..brother and sister went i was too little waaaay back..LOL....really wanna go someday if i have the oppertunity to see all the city's....so who knows maybe next year when PJ comes...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Perfect night - perfect audience and ofc a perfect pearl jam.

I have no clue what the whining abaut the setlist is abaut, must just be good old trolling.

I was afraid at first listening to the bootleg becouse i thought it may ruin my perfect memory of it, but oh man was i wrong its just as great as i remembered it - perfect!. And thanks again!!

ps:sorry abaut the bad english, im from norway hehe
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    mancore wrote:
    Thank you for showing them....nice btw...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    lushkalushka Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what songs did the band soundcheck in Berlin?
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    I only remember Present Tense.. I can't exactly remember anyone else, or I didn't manage to catch which song it was... Comatose possibly?
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    The songs I've heard at the soundcheck were:

Little Wing (2times), Parting Ways, and God's Dice, maybe more songs were played. To hear Parting Ways was pretty Cool btw.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I remember Parting Ways and Gods Dice being soundchecked in Berlin and Jeff played the bassline of Satans Bed for a while.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    What's all this talk of soundcheck? When did they do that?
    I remember music being played while we were standing in line, but it wasn't PJ and it sounded more like a CD being played.
    I was away for like half an hour or so buying food though, so maybe I missed it......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    The soundcheck was at about 15:00-16:00h, don't remember exactly, I was surprised that some people didn't notice that pearl jam was playing in the background.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    GO!!! wrote:
    The soundcheck was at about 15:00-16:00h, don't remember exactly, I was surprised that some people didn't notice that pearl jam was playing in the background.
    Might have depended at which entrance you were queuing... We were on the side one, not teh main or 10c ones...could hear clearly...when the fucking drum band was stopping!
  • Options
    Yeah the drum bands at the park (there were more than one actually) were really annoying.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    GO!!! wrote:

Whoa!!?? This is sorta embarresing.... I was standing in the 10C line and heard it loud and clear. But I certainly can't remember any PJ songs being played.
    I'm absolutely baffled that I could have missed this. Didn't seem like anybody in the que noticed though. Imagin there would have been some clapping and cheering if they did.....
    Does this this mean that we'll be kicked out of 10C?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    A few photos of the crowd/venue
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    A few photos of the crowd/venue
    Thanks for showing them...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    All my Berlin photos uploaded on my flickr page. enjoy...

(i've posted the link before, but it's lost somewhere in the previous 25 pages of this thread...so i thought I would make life easy for those looking for it...)
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014