Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    A pretty amazing lot of photos there! Thanks for the link dercheef! :)

And thanks to Loosy who found those pics in the first place :D
  • Options
    Some pictures for ya:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/28493078@N00/tags/berlin2006/

Am I allowed to post movies from YouTube here?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    More pics. This time I found them by myself :D
    http://www.zeit.de/online/2006/39/bildergalerie-pearl-jam?1
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Dercheef wrote:

The first pic i went like OMG thats were we were standing..well a little bit more to the right we just fall out of the pic...LOL...great pictures btw this time we have to thank you Mathias...LOL
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Present Tense!!!
    I think at least 2 rows pf ppl around heard me screaming when I heard the first chord :D

And LUKIN!!! Hehe, 2 No Code songs in one nite. Lucky, eh? ;)

Footsteps...oh man, what to say. Ill post more, not even home yet, still recovering from last nite :)
    Berlin was great...but not the best :o
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    InkyInky Posts: 31
    Dercheef wrote:
    I read the article before but didn't see the pics :eek:
    Well, so thank YOU this time :D By the way the article is great too, but written in German...
    -Thinking if he can't sleep how will he ever dream?-

29.08.06 Arnhem
    23.09.06 Berlin
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    OK, while we're at it. Here's another article with great pics. Only in danish though, sorry....
    http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelser/view.php/mreview_id=32265
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    OK, while we're at it. Here's another article with great pics. Only in danish though, sorry....
    OK thank you too for the lovely picture link...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    dane wrote:

"Selv samme Vedder, fik – traditionen tro – også drukket sig igennem to flasker rødvin under koncerten, mens han kvitterede med at kravle helt ud i siden scenen, for at præsentere publikum for sit nye balancenummer ”vinflaske på hoved”. Lydteknikere blev sat på overarbejde, da han tabte sit trådløse apparat, men det var alt sammen en del af det underholdende show, som kun var halvt færdigt før det første sæt ekstranumre."

haha, i never noticed that he tried to balance the wine bottle on the top of his head. but great review, thanks for posting :)
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    "Selv samme Vedder, fik – traditionen tro – også drukket sig igennem to flasker rødvin under koncerten, mens han kvitterede med at kravle helt ud i siden scenen, for at præsentere publikum for sit nye balancenummer ”vinflaske på hoved”. Lydteknikere blev sat på overarbejde, da han tabte sit trådløse apparat, men det var alt sammen en del af det underholdende show, som kun var halvt færdigt før det første sæt ekstranumre."

haha, i never noticed that he tried to balance the wine bottle on the top of his head. but great review, thanks for posting :)
    He also did that in Berlin with the bottle on his head...LOL
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    redlady wrote:
    He also did that in Berlin with the bottle on his head...LOL

haha, yeah. i know. the quote is from the danish review of the concert in berlin.. so.. yes i know :p

but i understand, you couldn't possibly know that if you don't understand danish. guess i should have explained myself a bit better. sorry:)
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    haha, yeah. i know. the quote is from the danish review of the concert in berlin.. so.. yes i know :p

but i understand, you couldn't possibly know that if you don't understand danish. guess i should have explained myself a bit better. sorry:)
    OMG thats so funny *shames herself *...nope i don't speak Danish as you already have noticed....LOL....
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    i don´t think that i saw you bec. i was so into the concert ....i don´t know if somebody saw me lol

I was looking for a Hamburg flag and thought of saying hello...but i don´t know if you brought it, i didn´t see it.

Berlin was a beautiful show, i loved it. The audience was just perfect, sang pretty cool.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    I always thougt all Pearl Jam Fans are notorious do-gooder. Unfortunately a few persons disentchanted me.
    As soon as the show started the aggressive mood of the crowd raised and they knew neither friend nor foe. We were practically squeezed there! I lost consciousness during encore 2 because a tall man - i am 1,57 m - didn't stop using my shoulders as a support for him to jump higher, so i was pushed and pressed. Some other person and me tried to talk at him all the time and because of this annoyance i could not really enjoy the show. And this makes me sad. Another highlight was, when this man took away my water, a kind girl gave me because she was concerned about me.
    After i passed i woke up at the aidmen with a shock, dyspnea and crampy paralysis and could not speak.
    I also have to say, that the aidman asked me if i'm 14 years old (actually i am 23). So when i think about the imbecile person who used me as a backing, i am honestly distressed about the possibility that he could also think i am that young and do this even so to a (more or less) "child"! This is really sad...
  • Options
    Lilly23 wrote:
    I always thougt all Pearl Jam Fans are notorious do-gooder. Unfortunately a few persons disentchanted me.
    As soon as the show started the aggressive mood of the crowd raised and they knew neither friend nor foe. We were practically squeezed there! I lost consciousness during encore 2 because a tall man - i am 1,57 m - didn't stop using my shoulders as a support for him to jump higher, so i was pushed and pressed. Some other person and me tried to talk at him all the time and because of this annoyance i could not really enjoy the show. And this makes me sad. Another highlight was, when this man took away my water, a kind girl gave me because she was concerned about me.
    After i passed i woke up at the aidmen with a shock, dyspnea and crampy paralysis and could not speak.
    I also have to say, that the aidman asked me if i'm 14 years old (actually i am 23). So when i think about the imbecile person who used me as a backing, i am honestly distressed about the possibility that he could also think i am that young and do this even so to a (more or less) "child"! This is really sad...
    Was it you who they carried out with a stretcher-bearer ??? Dark hair ??...
    We left urlyer so we could get the s-bahn on time before the crowd came and then they passed us by at top of the mainstairs before walking down to the exit gate...

I think it's a sad thing that these things still happen....they should pick them out emediatly and put them way back in the crowd or do something else with them....We were on the left side of the stage on the stairs and you could see how rough the crowd was in the second section it was not normal at some points....first section was also jumping and stuff but you defenetly could see the difference between them....first section welbehaved against eatchother you could not say that about the others....don't know witch part you were standing ?

Well hope everything is fine and well with you now and that you are recovered....these things shoulden't have happend..

Greetz Sonja
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Dercheef wrote:

Cool photos, I'm on number 3!! The really small girl (only just able to see over the barrier!) in front of my other half Chris (glasses, beard, avacado t-shirt on).
    Awesome gig - still reckon Matt's wristband was meant for me!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    EvaEva Posts: 73
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/one_schism/PearlJam/

The first bunch of pics...despite all the shit that went down with the security, I did manage some decent pics...so I'm a happy man. enjoy.

very nice pictures ! You were near to the stage, weren't you ?
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    hehe yeah, I was about 3rd-4th row in front of Mike. I have a totally awesome shot of Mike and Jeff up close that I have yet to upload (which I took after like the 4th time of being warned/threatened)...keepin check back on that photobucket link like once a week..i hope to upload some more over the coming long weekend
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    redlady wrote:
    Was it you who they carried out with a stretcher-bearer ???

I saw that too..to me it was pretty surprising to see something like that at a PJ show. The only other time I saw people being carried away on stretchers was when I saw Metallica at the Big day out a couple of years ago...that was just insanity...there were crowd crushes everywhere...I thought my ribs where going to be crushed at one point..and I wasn't even up close..I was on the outer barrier!
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    Was it you who they carried out with a stretcher-bearer ??? Dark hair ??...
    We left urlyer so we could get the s-bahn on time before the crowd came and then they passed us by at top of the mainstairs before walking down to the exit gate...

I think it's a sad thing that these things still happen....they should pick them out emediatly and put them way back in the crowd or do something else with them....We were on the left side of the stage on the stairs and you could see how rough the crowd was in the second section it was not normal at some points....first section was also jumping and stuff but you defenetly could see the difference between them....first section welbehaved against eatchother you could not say that about the others....don't know witch part you were standing ?

Well hope everything is fine and well with you now and that you are recovered....these things shoulden't have happend..

Greetz Sonja

We were standing in the first section, not in front of the stage but a bit to the left (on the first row) and we had the best time ever. We had lot's of space and there was no pushing or so at all. And because of the fact that we were so close to the stage, this was our best show, we got really into it.
    By the way, glad to see that we were not the only Belgian's in Berlin.
    Met also fine people from Finland and the Netherlands.
    Just a little bit sad that this was our last show so far. Hope to see them again soon.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    We were standing in the first section, not in front of the stage but a bit to the left (on the first row) and we had the best time ever. We had lot's of space and there was no pushing or so at all. And because of the fact that we were so close to the stage, this was our best show, we got really into it.
    By the way, glad to see that we were not the only Belgian's in Berlin.
    Met also fine people from Finland and the Netherlands.
    Just a little bit sad that this was our last show so far. Hope to see them again soon.
    thats a good spot were you were standing...that would be also a choice i would make ...there were several belgians there did no see annybody but i knew some would go....it was also our last show so far we only were in Antwerp and Berlin...also hoping that they are coming back soon somewhere next year maybe so í don't have to wait for another 10 years...LOL...Were you from btw ??

Greetz Sonja
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    thats a good spot were you were standing...that would be also a choice i would make ...there were several belgians there did no see annybody but i knew some would go....it was also our last show so far we only were in Antwerp and Berlin...also hoping that they are coming back soon somewhere next year maybe so í don't have to wait for another 10 years...LOL...Were you from btw ??

Greetz Sonja

We are from Halen (not that far from Genk).
    We were also in Antwerp and the day before in Arnhem.
    Did you see the fanviews of Zaghreb? Eddie say'd there too 'till next year' or something so ... let's hope.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    We were also in Antwerp and the day before in Arnhem.
    Did you see the fanviews of Zaghreb? Eddie say'd there too 'till next year' or something so ... let's hope.
    A college from my work is from Halen too...nope it's not far from here....yes i saw that so cross fingers that they do return....hey we could hire a bus next year and follow them...LOL
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Which city in Belgium is actually far away from another belgian city? :D
    Sorry, couldn't resist...;)
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    toaster wrote:

Too bad you didn't see it. He did when he went on his little walk along the speakers on the left (our left). Looked as if he had a hard time balancing himself too...... :)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    Well, this was my first live Pearl Jam concert and i must say that i was more than happy :):) I turned 24 on september 23rd and me and my fiancé (spelling) travelled from Reykjavik, Iceland to see this show. In Iceland i kind of stand out from the crowd because i sport a, in my opinion, spectecular "Stickman" tattoo on my forarm and ppl tend to stare quite a bit befor asking what the hell this tattoo means :) Before the concert a man, whom iv´e never met or seen befor, grabbed me and showed me his identical stickman tatto on his forarm, that felt really special to me and showed me that "Jammers" from all around the world can unite as a whole and are dedicated to the greatest band ever to grace this planet (in my opinion anyways)

The setlist was perfect. I totally respect the band's decision to change the setlist between shows and drop a few big name songs in exchange for the lesser known pearls. I really enjoyed hearing Footsteps and Present Tence. I loved Green Disease and almost fainted when they played Given to fly. My fiancé cryed when she heard Come Back and i cried when i heard Go!..... I was just so overwhelmed when the show started that i cried through Go!, Save You and halfway through Animal.

I've read a few comments from scandinavian people saying they expect Pearl Jam to visit Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki next year..... To me it would be enough that the band would decide to tour Europe again within the next 6 years...... But i would like to state that Pearl Jam are among the biggest names in Iceland and it would be great to experience a Pearl Jam concert in an Icelandic summer. The sun shines 24 hrs a day and Icelanders know how to party :)

Anyway, i apoligize for my bad english, i'm trying as hard as i can :)

Great show all in all and the best birthday i've ever had!!! Þakka ykkur Pearl Jam fyrir tónlistina, orðin og fyrir að vera eins og þið eruð......fullkomnir*

*Thank you Pearl Jam for the music, the words and for being the way you are.....perfect
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    Here I sit, a bit sad that I don't have a time machine. I want to be sent back 7 days, so I get to see that amazing show once again....

The Venue:
    I was in Berlin with 6 of my fellow PJ fan-friends, and we were all came to the same conclusion - Wühlheide is a really worth another visit some time. Always a pleasure to attend a show in such a cool venue - good work Germans. Love the sight of 15,000 fellow PJ fans illuminated by the stage light and screaming(singing) their lungs out, all appenrently loving the experience as much as I did... After all, we were the best singers so far - according to EV!

The 'Warm-up':
    First of all, 'The Black Keys' were a great way to get me in the right concert mood. Before this concert I really didn't know them that good, but now I have to buy their entire backcatalogue ;-)

The Headliners (FINALLY!!):
    My god! I still get the 'shivers', thinking about the feeling I had when PJ finally went on stage. After waiting for this since the horrific incident in '00, were I left the concert in a mixed mood - loved the concert/hated the ending...
    But in Berlin I certaintly dind't end up in a mixed mood, it was all good. To the extend that I didn't even speak the first 30min after the show - I was in another world!
    The music, the venue, the fellow PJ fans, the weather, the BAND - oh my god!!! I actually think it's the best PJ show I have attended so far, even though the London '96 shows are hard to beat - I actually think it happened last week...

The fellow PJ fans:
    Another really good experience I had at the show, was I met the nicest canadian PJ fan. Love the fact that you can meet people you have never met before - but still feel like you've known them for years. All because of PJ...
    Nice to exchange PJ memories with a real fan....

Btw, I didn't get your e-mail address - or any other contact info. And since you promised to get me frontrow seats for a Canadian show, I would really like to get in touch with you again :-D
    So, if you were at the show alone in Berlin and at the Bologne show with some friends. Wore the yellow 'soccer' PJ shirt, jeans and black sneakers. Offered me and my friend some of your popcorn. You also said you had a good friend in Denmark, and since I'm also danish - perhaps we could meet if you ever go to Denmark?? And in the aftermath of a great show, I wasn't very talkative - so I didn't even think of asking for your e-mail before we parted with the phrase "See you in Canada"...haha.
    Oh yeah, you're a female,blonde PJ fan ;-)
    (Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if you are/know this girl - please let me know)

And last, next time you go to europe PJ - PLEASE do not forget Denmark... We miss you!!
    2x London '96
    Stockholm '00
    Roskilde '00 :(
    Berlin '06
    Copenhagen '07
    London '10
    Berlin '10
    Copenhagen '11
    Copenhagen '12
  • Options
    I was looking for a Hamburg flag and thought of saying hello...but i don´t know if you brought it, i didn´t see it.

Berlin was a beautiful show, i loved it. The audience was just perfect, sang pretty cool.

well i didn´t bought it sorry but i had a poster ....that´s true;)
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Which city in Belgium is actually far away from another belgian city? :D
    Sorry, couldn't resist...;)
    Well Belgium is verry small so the distance is also...from my place to Brussels is like one hour and to the belgian coast is like almost 3 hours...

Btw went to the postoffice this morning it's on his way...don't mind the envelope because it's a silly one...LOL
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010