Options

***Berlin Fanviews Here 23/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    oh and great gig too! my girlfriend has never been a huge fan but she was so excited when she saw the pit and how close we'd be :)

i was suprised how great it sounded for an outside venue, im left very impressed with everything about the venue.
  • Options
    I thought the venue was wonderful Ed commented on how great the singing sounded... I think it was probably the acoustics of the place sending a warm roar right onto the centre of the stage concave style.... must be amazing to hear....
  • Options
    mancore wrote:
    most can barely understand him when he mumbles in english so it makes no difference :) you know you'll always 5 mins in an encore when youre thinking 'eh?'
    He was really speaking this time and giving it his best effort, but german can be a bitch. But we could understand it, and broken german has more charm anyway. They played that venue 6 years ago, but it wasn´t sold out then. There were also no remarks about the accoustics back then. You can see some pics in "Touring Band" in the european cities-section. It was a more subdued affair then, this year is clearly the winner.
  • Options
    I thought the venue was wonderful Ed commented on how great the singing sounded... I think it was probably the acoustics of the place sending a warm roar right onto the centre of the stage concave style.... must be amazing to hear....

i cant begin to imagine how it feels for them, the end to black on saturday made me teary eyed (in a manly way ofcourse) so it must be so emotional for them
  • Options
    This is my question about this beautiful long version of "Black": I remember Ed sang something like...."we we belong together" like he did in early 90s. But did he changed it to "we DIDNT belong together!"

Sorry about this stupid question but im just i nurd sadly in love :)

Peace and thanks
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    BTW: I remember Ed changing the lyrics in some song to "now our president's a big fuckup", but I can't remember in which one. Anybody remember?

It is probably answered already, but you brought up so nice memories with your question:

Eddie said this before Green desease, I think... I mean he mentioned that the US is suffering by this desease and I remember he added the statement about Bush at this time.

however, it could be also before do the evolution...

...but it made me smile either way, cause this statement was followed by one of those two political songs.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    loosy wrote:
    Hello, thread.The first time he greeted, than said something about the band having been here before (venue/city?), but never on a beautyful day like this. There was something else, but i´d need the bootleg for it. ´Til later!

...he said in German that he never has been here in Germany when the weather was so nice.
    weather in German is called WETTER, and is pronounced and spoken just like VEDDER. So he realized it and said:
    Wetter, Vedder, Wetter Vedder.... that made us soooo smile. at least me.
    ;)
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Kudos Sonja, Pearl Jam is one band where bitchin about the setlist should be the last thing on people's minds! I mean those guys shouldn't go and see David Gilmour or Roger Waters in concert then...they play the 1 setlist wherever they go, with the odd variation of 1-2 songs. usually even the order is the same...(edit: not that this would actually stop me from seeing these living legends multiple times)

As I was saying at the show, that I just love how, at any given show, the guys can pretty much play anything in their immense catalogue...and more!

p.s. Is it true that Footsteps wasn't on the setlist (i.e. quite unplanned)?
    Well i said to my husband after the show i could listen and see them 24 hours if it was possible...LOL...there so great in every song...and i think the song footsteps was unplanned ..thought i have read that here somewhere on the boards...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Aww... You'll just have to say hello next time they tour....

My hat has been hung up for a while now. Hopefully... the smell will go a little before the next tiem they tour somewhere within reach...
    Yup next time i will defenetly say hello if i see you...had my chanche in Antwerp but you passed by so quickly that i only could say to my friends *Hey thats the guy from the boards with that kilt*...LMAO...but next time my brother will not be there so i can get urlyer to the gig...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    just occured to me.

how awesome would it have been to hear "black, red, yellow."

would match the flag!

"oooooooooooooooooooooooh" wiggles hands in the air
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    kikakika Posts: 10
    for an amasing night,
    i wasin berlin six years ago and I can say it topped it by thousand times, people were going mad singing along all songs the feeling in that venue was gigantic...I recognise so many of you who wrote here, it so funny, stop bitching around about security and people and what not remember how you felt throughout this show and just forget about the rest..

ROLAND I think was your name, I am the greek girl talking to you and to your friend in the front row on mikes side, you have to follow the link to this guys pics cause you ll see yourself drinking the wine !!! :) hope someone tells you its here to find, you lucky one, ed must love you, one night the bush mask the other you get the wine!!!

I HAD SO MUCH FUN guys...MIKE YOU ROCK! PEARL JAM YOU ROCK MY WORLD!

I hope they ll rock Athens even half as much as they did Berlin..

ahh..feel much better now
    cheers and love and hugs
    k.
    s agapw giati eisai wraia
    s agapw giati eisai esy
    kai agapw kai olo ton kosmo
    giati zeis kai esy mazi
  • Options
    was to tired...came back late yesterday...

it was a great show

the set list was a little strange imo...nothing really rare...and go as an opener...well it worked but it was not release ;) and they played just rockers in the beginning

everyone here said that the crowd was great but where we (my sister and me) STOOD, most of them were a little...er...lame...SAT there as if they were watchin a film...just waked up during alive...

eddie speakin german was really funny...he did very well...

the highlights were even flow (i hate drum soli but this one was great as well as the guitar solo, of course), present tense, marker, daughter with this great anti-bush-w.m.a.-tag (would have been even better with the another-brick-in-the-wall-tag) and black and porch

and come back + i believe in miracles for johnny...r.i.p.

oh i have to say something about the venue...was a little hard to get there with the s-bahn...but i can't think of a better one...the weather great...there are not many things that are better than listening to footsteps when you can see the stars...

another highlight was last kiss...i know that some people can't hear that song anymore but here in germany it was not killed by radio airplay...the crowd really enjoyed it

thanks for this show

hope they come back next year playing a tour or at least some festivals
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    Personally, i have a hard-on for PJ security! Haha, trust me to lower the tone.

The guys have been great at every gig we've been to and the head guy helped us out big time with the bags in Prague. He also did us another much appreciated favour in Berlin. Him and his guys conduct the local security in a great manner and the German security lads were great.

Awesome show, sad its all over us now but these things have to end sometime.
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Awesome show, sad its all over us now but these things have to end sometime.

It's like Almost famous.... everyone has to go home from the circus sometime. The trick is making sure that the circus doesn't end.....

Get your asses to Amsterdam and look us up!!!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's like Almost famous.... everyone has to go home from the circus sometime. The trick is making sure that the circus doesn't end.....

Get your asses to London (when Helen is visiting Halloween week-end!). We're gonna have a PJ night out with all those who can make it! The circus is definitely not ending! :D:D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Get your asses to London (when Helen is visiting Halloween week-end!). We're gonna have a PJ night out with all those who can make it! The circus is definitely not ending! :D:D

Sorry.... I'll be in Berlin that weekend. WHat you dressing up as?
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Renster wrote:

LMFAO!! ;D;D
    Aparthotel an der Spree was packed with the jamily all week-end! Loved the breakfast! LOL
    Great pics btw.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Dercheef wrote:
    I'm not sure myself but I think it was DTE.

Doh! It was the W.M.A. teaser during Daughter. My bad.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    first post on the forum, so I thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

The Wuhlheide, perfect place, lovely location, at the place where I was standing (front, left) the sound was very clear. People all looked happy and thrilled PJ was gonna play, I know everybody is at every PJ concert, but I'm sure the weather and the location added something extra.

Setlist has been said enough about, but highlights for me were daughter, black, RVM and Come back.

Compared to Antwerp the crowd was way more relaxed, in Antwerp there was a lot more pushing, which seemed to affect Eddy sometimes, with looking scared if everything would be okay. Antwerp was a good show, but the volume was too loud, which got the sound to deform sometimes.

So with PJ, the sound, the weather, the place, the people, possibility to get drinks, this concert got quite bloody close to being the perfect concert for me. Only got one remark...

the Berlin posters were sold out...if there's somebody going to Zagreb or Athens and would get me one, I would be very happy. Please PM me, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    dane wrote:
    Doh! It was the W.M.A. teaser during Daughter. My bad.
    Oh yeah, I was wrong too. I loved hearing W.M.A. It was awesome.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    LMFAO!! ;D;D
    Aparthotel an der Spree was packed with the jamily all week-end! Loved the breakfast! LOL
    Great pics btw.

Thanks Dane,

the hotel was really the best considering it was only 5 minutes walk from the venue...

Renster
    Rotterdam '93 - Amsterdam '96 - Hamburg '96 - Landgraaf '00 - Arnhem '06 - Antwerp '06 - Paris '06 -
    Berlin '06 - London '07 - Nijmegen '07 - Rotterdam '09 - Manchester '09 - London '09 - London '10 - Berlin '10 - Manchester '12 -Manchester '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Copenhagen '12 - Amsterdam '14 - Amsterdam '14 - Berlin '14 - Leeds '14 - Milton keynes '14
  • Options
    svhsvh Posts: 21
    I can´t understand how people can bitch about that setlist, but... who cares.
    It was the most wonderful concert I´ve been to. The moment Eddie spoke german was very moving to me, so much love... That night really energized me and the feelings of love and hope followed me the whole next day through. It helps me carry on. Yes, it means that much to some of us...

And Berlin is such a great city. Loved the Rembrandt and Tokyo/Berlin exhibitions.
    ...a pearl, turning dirt into something beautiful - e.v
  • Options
    Renster wrote:
    Thanks Dane,

the hotel was really the best considering it was only 5 minutes walk from the venue...

Yeah, Aparthotel Spree was nice even though after the gig we ended up following other people leaving the Wuhlheide and walked to wrong direction (S-bahn Wuhlheide) and wandered hour or so in the dark forest.. Scary shit but luckily got back to hotel safely.
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    come on guys, there's one or two of you need to get a grip.Berlin was a fantastic gig, I'm one who travelled right across Europe(from Wales) and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience-apart from queing for almost 2 hours to get in! Most of you seem to have loved it also, which was the impression I got on Sat' night. All this bullshit about a weak set list gets on my nerves, and anyone who's having a go about greatest hits sets or whatever is just showing what a shallow individual they are. It's not up to you to select the songs-it's bugger all to do with you in fact! I've been into Pearl Jam since 1992, seen them live in 1992/2000, and last week. But I've never felt the need to join any club, or go to extraordinary lengths to prove it to anyone else-that's a little like what fans of boy bands get up to. Join the club, or don't as you wish-travel around the world to see them if you want, but remember you do it because YOU want to-no other reason. Don't expect to get anything back, it doesn't work like that. Anyways- what a gig, what a city, what a venue-as the sun went down i got a feeling like I could've been in a baseball stadium in early 1970's Usa, waiting for Led Zeppelin to come on or something-quite surreal. In fact I think it may have been the 2nd coming! Loved the crowd, well done-the best ever!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options

Hi Mate...Is this one of you guys..getting Ed's winen Berlin
    I was standing behind you guys..I also asked about the Antwerp incident
    with these guys you got in a struggle with..What are you doing in Amsterdam
    by the way..

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j142/renehuibers/Pearl%20Jam%20European%20tour%202006/?action=view&current=IMG_5637.jpg&refPage=all&imgAnch=imgAnch56
    Rotterdam '93 - Amsterdam '96 - Hamburg '96 - Landgraaf '00 - Arnhem '06 - Antwerp '06 - Paris '06 -
    Berlin '06 - London '07 - Nijmegen '07 - Rotterdam '09 - Manchester '09 - London '09 - London '10 - Berlin '10 - Manchester '12 -Manchester '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Copenhagen '12 - Amsterdam '14 - Amsterdam '14 - Berlin '14 - Leeds '14 - Milton keynes '14
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    redrock wrote:

Hmm I actually MIGHT be in London for Halloween...which is coincidentally my b'day too.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    ?? now why is it the first I hear of? Are we talking the weekend before or after halloween (which is on a tuesday)? Might be in Paris for the onee before though :(
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    come on guys, there's one or two of you need to get a grip.Berlin was a fantastic gig, I'm one who travelled right across Europe(from Wales) and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience-apart from queing for almost 2 hours to get in! Most of you seem to have loved it also, which was the impression I got on Sat' night. All this bullshit about a weak set list gets on my nerves, and anyone who's having a go about greatest hits sets or whatever is just showing what a shallow individual they are. It's not up to you to select the songs-it's bugger all to do with you in fact! I've been into Pearl Jam since 1992, seen them live in 1992/2000, and last week. But I've never felt the need to join any club, or go to extraordinary lengths to prove it to anyone else-that's a little like what fans of boy bands get up to. Join the club, or don't as you wish-travel around the world to see them if you want, but remember you do it because YOU want to-no other reason. Don't expect to get anything back, it doesn't work like that. Anyways- what a gig, what a city, what a venue-as the sun went down i got a feeling like I could've been in a baseball stadium in early 1970's Usa, waiting for Led Zeppelin to come on or something-quite surreal. In fact I think it may have been the 2nd coming! Loved the crowd, well done-the best ever!

Well said man, well said. The energy the band exhibited really did fuckin emanate through the venue and the surrounding woods, that's what it felt like anyway. it was fuckin electric:)...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/one_schism/PearlJam/

The first bunch of pics...despite all the shit that went down with the security, I did manage some decent pics...so I'm a happy man. enjoy.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    ?? now why is it the first I hear of? Are we talking the weekend before or after halloween (which is on a tuesday)? Might be in Paris for the onee before though :(

Before halloween.. Helen will be in london so we're getting together (well all those who have met each other at gigs and can be in london!). See her thread in AET - 'I'm coming to London'. Plans still in their infancy but will get there!