Options

***Berlin Fanviews Here 23/09/06***

Comments

• Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    jamie uk wrote:
    come on guys, there's one or two of you need to get a grip.Berlin was a fantastic gig, I'm one who travelled right across Europe(from Wales) and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience-apart from queing for almost 2 hours to get in! Most of you seem to have loved it also, which was the impression I got on Sat' night. All this bullshit about a weak set list gets on my nerves, and anyone who's having a go about greatest hits sets or whatever is just showing what a shallow individual they are. It's not up to you to select the songs-it's bugger all to do with you in fact! I've been into Pearl Jam since 1992, seen them live in 1992/2000, and last week. But I've never felt the need to join any club, or go to extraordinary lengths to prove it to anyone else-that's a little like what fans of boy bands get up to. Join the club, or don't as you wish-travel around the world to see them if you want, but remember you do it because YOU want to-no other reason. Don't expect to get anything back, it doesn't work like that. Anyways- what a gig, what a city, what a venue-as the sun went down i got a feeling like I could've been in a baseball stadium in early 1970's Usa, waiting for Led Zeppelin to come on or something-quite surreal. In fact I think it may have been the 2nd coming! Loved the crowd, well done-the best ever!

You coulden't have said it better....you right...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    God, what a show! I got there a bit after the gates were supposed to open, and that line moved slowly! I just got in in time to see the Black Keys who started at 7. They were very loud, and had their moments, but I’m not too familiar with their music. Anyway, I got myself a place right in the middle of the field and waited expectantly. I avoid drinking beer at shows like this, as I see toilet breaks as “not an option”.

Song By Song
    The ticket said they were gonna come on at 8.30, but already 8.15 we start hearing Master/Slave over the speakers. I was readying myself for Release at that point, but they got onto the stage and dived right into Go instead. The first 5 songs of the set were nuts. Go, Save You, Animal, DTE and RVM. The crowd went ballistic, and I was really struggling to hold my own in the middle of the field a good ways away from the barrier. After that 5 song blast of crazyness, they mellowed down with Small Town, thank god. And I think a lot of the crowd burned a lot of their juice on that blitz opening, as things were generally much calmer the rest of the show. And by calmer I mean two notches down from crazy. The set progressed into 3 off the new album. This was one the more dead parts of the set for me. Severed, WWS and MITS. Then it got interesting again.

Even Flow. I have said before that I am a bit tired of that song, having listened to umpteen versions of it the last 6 years. But now that I finally heard it live, I retract that statement. It kicks so many number of asses I don’t know where to begin. We even got a bit of drum soloing from Matt on that one. And then the stage was set for the most amazing song on this tour, namely Present Tense. That was orgasmic. It broke into a faster spout with Big Wave (love it) and Grievance, before we got Daughter with the WMA tag. Always nice to hear. Then I was in for a treat as my favorite song off Riot Act, Green Disease was played bathed in green light. I actually wore the Green Disease t-shirt that same day until I bought the new one at the venue. Black was magic. The crowd singing along for what felt like forever going tututututututu (you know what I mean), with Eddie after a long time went into a heartbreaking “We should be together” routine, where he sounded on the brink of tears through the whole. Fantastic. And Porch topped off the first leg of the show quite nicely. I love the twist they have on it on this tour. A lot of improvs and Ed goofing off at the sides of the stage, and we had a little break.

The first encore sets off with GTF, one of my fave songs ever. And went into a Johnny Ramones tribute with Come Back and Miracles. I was expecting a massive sing-along on Crazy Mary, but it seems the European crowds aren’t used to that one. Almost every song were massive on sing-along except this one and a few others not-so-wellknown-lyrics ones. From what I could hear, only me and a guy to my right knew the words to this one that I could hear. (I complimented him afterwards) This is a live favourite of mine, and I wasn’t disappointed with Boom going nuts on the keyboard and some solo-ing from Mike of course. Alive is one of the “a bit tired of them” bunch for me, but it was awesome how every person inside the arena sang along for that one. So it was fun to hear in person, although I tend to skip it listening to the boots. The first encore was ok overall.

But they brought out the big guns for encore number 2. Starts off with Last Kiss, which is always nice. And then we were rewarded with Footsteps! I have to admit my eyes were a bit wet at that. Love that song. And then, from out of nowhere… I was thinking I was a bit disappointed they hadn’t played Lukin, and thought they wouldn’t as late as 2nd encore. But they did! Suddenly Lukin blasts out followed by my favourite off the new album Comatose! I knew we were in for a long 2nd encore after the first 3 chords of Lukin, and wasn’t disappointed. Why Go followed for setting up an enormous finish. Baba O’Reilly set up Yellow Ledbetter as a closer. Mike sounded like he just didn’t want to stop playing at the end of it, but after a long while he did let it expire tenderly.

Overview of the show
    The show started massively in the first, mellowed out and got into the routine, before picking itself up again near the end of the first set. The first encore was decent, and the second encore blew me totally away. The show was fantastic, and I have never experienced such an enthusiastic and great (both in size and quality) crowd.

It was also extremely fun to hear Ed try to speak german. I thought he was drunk already when he started doing that after RVM, until I understood that he was trying to speak german. After that, if I really listened, I could sortof make out what he said. And my german is not good. So points for trying Ed!

Also, he did say that we were the best singers so far, or rather he said “2 weeks ago we told the Italian crowd that they were the best singers. But now….” And he let it hang there, with what I interpreted (from far away) as a mischievous smile.

I am once again reminded, why Pearl Jam is my favourite band in the world. Even if I listen to other records by other bands that are great and perhaps better on record. Noone can touch Pearl Jam live. Ever.

Deep, sorry to hear you had trouble, man. It was nice having some beers and weird german food the night before the show. Sorry we didn't manage to meet afterwards. I better visit Australia sometime. Have never met an Aussie I didn't like. :)

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/one_schism/PearlJam/

The first bunch of pics...despite all the shit that went down with the security, I did manage some decent pics...so I'm a happy man. enjoy.

thanks Deep..looks good
    Rotterdam '93 - Amsterdam '96 - Hamburg '96 - Landgraaf '00 - Arnhem '06 - Antwerp '06 - Paris '06 -
    Berlin '06 - London '07 - Nijmegen '07 - Rotterdam '09 - Manchester '09 - London '09 - London '10 - Berlin '10 - Manchester '12 -Manchester '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Copenhagen '12 - Amsterdam '14 - Amsterdam '14 - Berlin '14 - Leeds '14 - Milton keynes '14
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    wow.. what can i say.. it was such an amazing experience! present tense, come back, save you and footsteps.. wow. come back with Ed looking up and stretching his hands at the air.. unreal...

definately worth almost not sleeping the entire weekend and standing in line for 7 hours.. it was the greatest night of my life for sure. eveything's kind of in a blur of what happened during the concert, so can't really say anything else than; I wanna go back!!

couldn't believe it when i sat on the plane home sunday that it was actually over. seeing a couple of guys with pj t-shirts onboard and just wanted to hug them. despite them being at least 5-10 years older than me. haha. pathetic.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Bunuel wrote:
    Yeah, Aparthotel Spree was nice even though after the gig we ended up following other people leaving the Wuhlheide and walked to wrong direction (S-bahn Wuhlheide) and wandered hour or so in the dark forest.. Scary shit but luckily got back to hotel safely.

Funny thing. The opposite happened to me and my buddy. Friday night we got off on Wuhlheide station. After alot of traveling and a few Becks it made perfect sense to just cross the road, go through the park, see the arena on the way and we would end up right beside the hotel. But no. We walked for like an hour in the excact opposite direction! But fuck it. We got to see Berlin by night. Suburban houses, but nevermind........:)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I think I might have been unlucky with where I stood, bc I hear you saying how well-behaved the audience was, but I tell you we had to get out from where we were, otherwise we would have been crushed. The crowd went crazy during the first 4 songs, and during Evolution we had to pull out and just sat down on the side, pretty exhausted. The show was great, except that wild beginning.

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    @ Charlie P I take it that you were not in the 1st section(?) IMO Everybody inthere were behaving (as good as one can expect during a long awaited PJ show). I was standing slightly left of center, with my back to the fence. But it was clear that the crowd behind me were more wild. Didn't look dangerous, but clearly some ppl were glad when they were pulled over the fence by security.
    I was sorta missing the crowdsurf though. Didn't think it was appropiate in the first paramiter. Most shows I attend are at Roskilde and there it's both illegal and sorta disrespectful. Man, I miss those good old days when stagediving and crowdsurfing still were innocent and not related to anything bad.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    Deep, sorry to hear you had trouble, man. It was nice having some beers and weird german food the night before the show. Sorry we didn't manage to meet afterwards. I better visit Australia sometime. Have never met an Aussie I didn't like. :)

Dan! I believe in the saying all's well that ends well...I'm already over the bullshit that went down...and what i'm going to remember is what a fuckin great show it was, in a truly kickass venue and me getting to see the boys up close (especially seein Mr. Ament have a fuckin great time up there)...when I saw them in Melbourne last time, all I could see where some tiny figures walking and occasionally jumping around the stage hehe I can't wait for the bootleg to be released, I've already pre-purchased it!

It was cool to meet some more Norwegians...I likewise have not met one I didn't like yet...you Scandinavians rock..(apart from 2 Swedes at roskilde festival who decided they would try to push up to the front for Roger Waters pretending like nothing was happening while everyone else around wanted to kick their ass lol)...hope you got back home alright, and I suspect there was alot of cheap German beer to be found in your luggage...am i right?

well, you guys should make down to Aus someday...I know it's fuckin far, but the currency is even weaker...you can live like Kings down there haha...there a Viking helmet might actually be appropriate for the occasion lol

peace out man,

deep
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Most shows I attend are at Roskilde and there it's both illegal and sorta disrespectful. Man, I miss those good old days when stagediving and crowdsurfing still were innocent and not related to anything bad.......

Man, the crowds I encountered at Roskilde were amazing...everyone really does look out for people around em, and sort the few assholes out by talkin' to them...I guess the quadruple D-T-barrier system is pretty effective! And I love how they empty it out after each act, giving everyone a fair shot at seeing their favourite bands...It's a shame PJ didn't play there this year...would've been so appropriate.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I kind of envy you guys in the pit, but at 36 I'm afraid it's all a bit exhausting for me now. I sat right at the top of the arena, a great view of the band-it's so steep that even at the top you still feel involved. I decided on getting a view this time, after Cardiff 2000 where I was right against the barriers and getting crushed by a completely crazy and excited crowd. I was knackered and got pulled over the barrier by security and watched the last 4 or 5 songs at the side of the stage-still behind the barrier, but was so close and excellent even if the sound there wasn't great. When the band left the stage they came right past me, Ed smiled and carried on by but Mike was so great. He gave me high fives and a pat on the shoulder-I was made up I can tell you. No chance of that kind of experience in the wulheide, but no less monumental to me-I really and truly believe that this band we all love could go down as the greatest ever-The music they have made over the last 15 years has been consistently top quality, and anyone who watched them in Berlin could tell you that they are so obviously still into what they do after all these years-Apart from that, they "stick it to the man" (as Jack Black would say) at every given opportunity. Atruly original, authentic and individual band in a sea of mediocre overhype-Anyone with any brains who was in Berlin on Sa23/9/06 could testify to that. Like I said last post-we do what we want, and Pearl Jam do what the fuck they want-It's why we fuckin' love 'em so much!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    CharlieP wrote:
    I think I might have been unlucky with where I stood, bc I hear you saying how well-behaved the audience was, but I tell you we had to get out from where we were, otherwise we would have been crushed. The crowd went crazy during the first 4 songs, and during Evolution we had to pull out and just sat down on the side, pretty exhausted. The show was great, except that wild beginning.
    You're right about the crushing thing in the other section ..from where we were standing sitting you could see it verry clear i said to my friend ok a good thing that we weren't at that place....were on the side did ya go then ??..
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    @ Charlie P I take it that you were not in the 1st section(?) IMO Everybody inthere were behaving (as good as one can expect during a long awaited PJ show). I was standing slightly left of center, with my back to the fence. But it was clear that the crowd behind me were more wild. Didn't look dangerous, but clearly some ppl were glad when they were pulled over the fence by security.
    I was sorta missing the crowdsurf though. Didn't think it was appropiate in the first paramiter. Most shows I attend are at Roskilde and there it's both illegal and sorta disrespectful. Man, I miss those good old days when stagediving and crowdsurfing still were innocent and not related to anything bad.......
    yeah i said to my husband oh look in the 10c section there so peacefull to eachother compared to the other section....well they also jumped and waved there hands in the air but you defenetly could see the difference
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I kind of envy you guys in the pit, but at 36 I'm afraid it's all a bit exhausting for me now. I sat right at the top of the arena, a great view of the band-it's so steep that even at the top you still feel involved. I decided on getting a view this time, after Cardiff 2000 where I was right against the barriers and getting crushed by a completely crazy and excited crowd. I was knackered and got pulled over the barrier by security and watched the last 4 or 5 songs at the side of the stage-still behind the barrier, but was so close and excellent even if the sound there wasn't great. When the band left the stage they came right past me, Ed smiled and carried on by but Mike was so great. He gave me high fives and a pat on the shoulder-I was made up I can tell you. No chance of that kind of experience in the wulheide, but no less monumental to me-I really and truly believe that this band we all love could go down as the greatest ever-The music they have made over the last 15 years has been consistently top quality, and anyone who watched them in Berlin could tell you that they are so obviously still into what they do after all these years-Apart from that, they "stick it to the man" (as Jack Black would say) at every given opportunity. Atruly original, authentic and individual band in a sea of mediocre overhype-Anyone with any brains who was in Berlin on Sa23/9/06 could testify to that. Like I said last post-we do what we want, and Pearl Jam do what the fuck they want-It's why we fuckin' love 'em so much!!!
    Hey i have brains...LOL....also no pit for me at 36..the side would be ok but not in the middle of it....also sat this time (but still moved like crazy with my husband looking at me what the hell is she doing)..LMAO....well i'm still nuts at my age but hey thats me...in Antwerp we were standing next to the PA thing at the iron fences but didin't saw enough so in Berlin i wanted to see it all...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Man, the crowds I encountered at Roskilde were amazing...everyone really does look out for people around em, and sort the few assholes out by talkin' to them...I guess the quadruple D-T-barrier system is pretty effective! And I love how they empty it out after each act, giving everyone a fair shot at seeing their favourite bands...It's a shame PJ didn't play there this year...would've been so appropriate.

I agree with you to some extend.
    Since 2000 Roskilde has changed. In part due to the new massive security messures and part due to ppl having a fresh memory of why these messures has been introduced. It was so weird to hear ppl apologize when they bumped into you in 2001. Before then ppl didn't care. If you couldn't handle the moshpit, it was just too bad.

Even though the band hasn't denied being ready to play Roskilde again, I'm not entirely shure that I would like to see them there again. It would just be too weird. I mean, what would the play? An all acoustic set? Besides that I think that PJ is a much better experience at a "this band only" gig, rather than at a festival where anybody can attend and might not apreciate them as much as us.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Yeah but they just played a couple of bigass festivals (i.e. Reading, Leeds)...I think it would be a credit to the band to come back. Obviously they would open with LBC...In fact it would be probably a really emotional and poignant show.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    Well, ever since I missed the show in Stockholm in 2000 I've been waiting for PJ to return to Sweden. Apparently this will not happen any time soon, so I decided to get together with some friends and travel to Berlin.

I've been listening to PJ since 1996, and this was my first (long awaited) live show. To put it simple the weekend in Berlin will probably be one of my finest memories ever. We arrived at Wuhlheide around 2, and with the "Welle" wristband attached the show begun!

First of all I have to say that Kindl-Bühne Wuhlheide with its surroundings is one of the most beautiful stages I've ever seen. The fading sunset made it even more beautiful.

I've been reading a lot about the set list here, and in my opinion the set list doesn't make the show, the AUDIENCE does! And I wanna throw out a BIG thank you to the German fans for making this a night to remember! All the way from the intense beginning with Go, Animal and Do the Evolution through the amazing end of Black to the final strokes of Yellow Ledbetter the atmosphere was wonderful! And I do believe we sang pretty nice!

Finally, if anyone has pictures from the show I would be happy to get some copies! Please contact me through the pit or via ICQ 48-711-005

Thank you all for a memorable night!

Regards
    Georg Hellström
    Stockholm/Sweden
    Cheers from Stockholm/Sweden,

2 x NY MSG 08
    Copenhagen 07
    Berlin 06

I thought the world, turns out the world thought me...

Wind Surfing is the name of the game!
  • Options
    HangLoose wrote:
    Well, ever since I missed the show in Stockholm in 2000 I've been waiting for PJ to return to Sweden. Apparently this will not happen any time soon, so I decided to get together with some friends and travel to Berlin.

I've been listening to PJ since 1996, and this was my first (long awaited) live show. To put it simple the weekend in Berlin will probably be one of my finest memories ever. We arrived at Wuhlheide around 2, and with the "Welle" wristband attached the show begun!

First of all I have to say that Kindl-Bühne Wuhlheide with its surroundings is one of the most beautiful stages I've ever seen. The fading sunset made it even more beautiful.

I've been reading a lot about the set list here, and in my opinion the set list doesn't make the show, the AUDIENCE does! And I wanna throw out a BIG thank you to the German fans for making this a night to remember! All the way from the intense beginning with Go, Animal and Do the Evolution through the amazing end of Black to the final strokes of Yellow Ledbetter the atmosphere was wonderful! And I do believe we sang pretty nice!

Finally, if anyone has pictures from the show I would be happy to get some copies! Please contact me through the pit or via ICQ 48-711-005

Regards
    Georg Hellström
    Stockholm/Sweden

First of all welcome to the board. Always nice to see a scandinavian come aboard. The more the merrier! :)

I agree with you that Wuhlheide was close to being a perfect arena. It was spacious without being too massive. It was beautiful without steeling focus. And all the logistics(entry, food/drinkstands,security) worked like clockwork + I think the shape of the ambitheater contributed to the great sound.
    Really an arena that Germany/Berlin can be proud of. And yeah, the german crowd was amazing, but I think the massive amount of danes there played a big part :D:D
    See you next year in Stockholm! (and Copenhagen, Oslo and Helsinki ofcourse)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Hello, guys.
    First, the nice things said about Berlin and the venue are appreciated, thank you. But it was really a more international crowd than expected, thanks to the tour schedule i believe.
    Secondly, i don´t have pictures of my own to offer, but the "Berliner Zeitung" published a bunch online at berlinonline.de. I would link it, but i don´t know how....
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    InkyInky Posts: 31
    -Thinking if he can't sleep how will he ever dream?-

29.08.06 Arnhem
    23.09.06 Berlin
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dercheef wrote:

A pretty amazing lot of photos there! Thanks for the link dercheef! :)
  • Options
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    HangLoose wrote:

Here are a few of my photos, I haven't edited them all yet...will do as soon as I can...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v495/one_schism/PearlJam/
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    there are so less pictures of Berlin doesen't annybody has some more...would really love to have some because i forgot my digi cam at the apparment that night...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Check out Renster's pics...he's got a pretty good bunch. I myself have another 20-30 pics I haven't edited yet
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
  • Options
    Check out Renster's pics...he's got a pretty good bunch. I myself have another 20-30 pics I haven't edited yet
    Thanks i already saw Rensters one on the Dutch PJ site...so you get your ass back inhere with ours....LOL...just kidding....it's my brothers fault that i forgot the cam...he..he...but next year he isin't going to be there if PJ comes back well i hope they come back...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    I've been to the shows in Arnhem and Berlin. I thought the crowd was better in Holland. The Germans were a bit silent. But the arena was very good in Berlin!!
    Has anyone got pictures of Berlin? I would like to have some...
    I was very happy when PJ played Baba in Berlin, it is such a good The Who- song!!
    I have the opinion that I don't have to hear Jeremy and Alive to make it a good show. I would rather hear songs like betterman or light years, but that is my opinion.
    Anyway, I enjoyed the shows a lot and I am sad that I propably wait six years to see them again in Europe...
  • Options
    Just want to say how amazing Pearl Jam were in Berlin (and Arnhem actually). Had to come over to Germany anad NL from Wales, because they didn't play Cardiff this time around. Saw them in Cardiff in 2000, and now again twice in 2006 - and they just keep getting better!! Their energy and passion on stage just seems to get better as they get older. Long may they continue!!The setting in Berlin was perfect, and the set-list was top draw also. Slightly varied with Footsteps and Present Tense (classic!), no Betterman and Corduroy for a change. I Believe in Miracles, Last Kiss and Baba O Riley were good to hear live also! But the highlight for me has to be Black with the crowd singing on long after PJ had finished playing, and also Crazy Mary with Mike and Boom stood together playing their solo's! It's just a shame that the crowd up in the seated area didn't sing as loudly as i would have liked. In fact they were virtually silent during parts where Eddie left it open for us to sing with him. Even Flow and Crazy Mary stick out in that regard, where the crowd was quiet. It sounded like i was the only 1 singing in Block19.

But what an amazing show, an amazing band, they are simply outstanding.

Just hope they play Cardiff again some time in the future.
    forey
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    redlady wrote:
    Hey Mathias thanks for the awsome picture link...
    You people need to thank loosy, not me ;)
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    And i specially weared the tanktop with the big white cross at the frontside so you would recognize me...LMAO....well maybe someone saw me...LOL...

i don´t think that i saw you bec. i was so into the concert ....i don´t know if somebody saw me lol