Options

***Berlin Fanviews Here 23/09/06***

stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Band: The Black Keys

Pearl Jam Set List: Go, Save You, Animal, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Marker In The Sand, Even Flow, Present Tense, Big Wave, Grievance, Daughter(W.M.A.), Green Disease, Black, Porch

1st Encore: Given To Fly, Come Back, I Believe In Miracles, Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Footsteps, Lukin, Comatose, Why Go, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Post your Fanview here if you were in attendance.

Set List Source: pearljam.com
20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    weakest set list ive ever been present for...ever. footsteps was great...but not enough.
    wtf-it was a greatest hits and staples show.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    i didn't have a problem with the set, i don't get out to see them much so i suppose i'm easier to please, but i got front row in spite of only turning up an hour before the doors opened AND eddie threw me one of his tambourines during baba o'riley, so a good night for me, i got really into it, not many bands that can do that anymore
  • Options
    also, i saw the list of ten club tickets, there were 300, so 150 pairs, and there was (contrary to the email) a reserved pit at the front for 10c and the first 200 or so in the general public who were able to get wristbands, so there was worse pushing and shoving on the train back home then in the pit, a nice change
  • Options
    What did people think of the Black Keys?
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    weak setlist? greatest hits show?
    come on man
    Marker
    Present Tense
    Grievance
    Green Disease
    I Believe in Miracles
    Footsteps
    Lukin
    Comatose
    Come Back

the only "greatest hits" from the new album I'd say are WWS and Life Wasted
    What the hell do you want them to play?
  • Options
    pjrvm wrote:
    weak setlist? greatest hits show?
    come on man
    Marker
    Present Tense
    Grievance
    Green Disease
    I Believe in Miracles
    Footsteps
    Lukin
    Comatose
    Come Back

the only "greatest hits" from the new album I'd say are WWS and Life Wasted
    What the hell do you want them to play?

hah you cant talk about the new album at all in terms of greatest hits.. i agree it wasn't a strong setlist...

seems like they have been opening up with GO a lot (6 times in Europe.. kind of strange) wish they would remember Of the girl, sometimes, cant keep, breakerfall as openers.. i buy boots for those songs

cool they made the pit for 10clubbers..
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Opening Band: The Black Keys

Pearl Jam Set List: Go, Save You, Animal, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Marker In The Sand, Even Flow, Present Tense, Big Wave, Grievance, Daughter(W.M.A.), Green Disease, Black, Porch

1st Encore: Given To Fly, Come Back, I Believe In Miracles, Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Footsteps, Lukin, Comatose, Why Go, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Post your Fanview here if you were in attendance.

Set List Source: pearljam.com

I personally think this is a great set list. However Last Kiss sucks ass and should never be played live again.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Can't, and won't agree with you who call tonights setlist weak! To my defense I must say that I just have seen 'em three times(oslo-00, arnhem-06). Think it was a very strong and various mix of songs. Daughter/w.m.a, present tense, green disease, footsteps, crazy mary et.c. Had a wet eye more times than I can remember..=) And don't think that Jeff A have rocked that much since the early 90:s!! Will never forget this night at Wuhlheide....
  • Options
    Dan1984 wrote:
    I personally think this is a great set list. However Last Kiss sucks ass and should never be played live again.

yeah i agree unless it is played how it is in my signature..
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    We have probably the longest version of Black...Must be 5 minutes the we belong together tag with the crowd singing the tutu tutu...

footsteps was unbelievable!!! so was come back as it was dedicated to mr. ramone ("I'll send this one to heaven" in german) very emotional...

I'll still miss the slow openers...
  • Options
    footsteps wasn't planned, after Last kiss, ed had to tell the others quickly that they were going to play it, also during YL, instead of saying "i'll never see my brother alive again", ed sang 'i don't think we'll ever be in this place again" or something to that effect anyway, ed also said two weeks ago he told the italians that they were the best singers, but that he think that maybe we are better singers
  • Options
    playa3 wrote:

Yes, please. How were they? They're one of my favorite bands...
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    Not the best set list of the tour but still played with great energy and the crowd was a good one and "Footsteps" was special. Only gig I've been/going to without 10C tickets so a bit disappointed that there was a separate area for this one. In fact someone was giving out green wristbands in the GA queue but as we couldn't understand what the girl was saying, we missed out! Should have taken German at school....

Overall another great night!
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Just to clarify this: There wasn't a special 10c section. It was just a normal front-of-stage-section. I guess about 1500 people were in that section.

The setlist wasn't packed with rarities but the crowd was the best out of my three gigs (Berlin,Bern,Arnhem) I went to. Awesome show.
    Btw, I think it was the first time ever that Ed had prepared notes for speeches in german.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    The show was GREAT, and I have to say, I liked the setlist - lots of my fave. tunes.
    The place was the most beautiful spot for a rockkoncert, an intimate scene in a big green forest - and the weather was absolutly stunning.
    Eddie seemed like he really had a blast - he´s voice was great and his attempt to speak german was a really crowdpleaser.
    The Crowd sang and played along in a way i have never seen before - amazing crowd.
    Black sounded better than ever and the crowd kept on singing which resulted i Eddie applauding towards the crowd at the end of the song.
    Other highs were Present Tense, Footsteps and Come Back (which was dedicated to j. Ramone!!!!!!!!!!
    The Boot is gonna be great especially because of the crowd.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    well thisd gonna be a long post:

first at all after we happilly get there it was 7p.m.(don´t ask me why please we where both pissed off ) we missed the black keys but we heard them ...they are ok ....than we drunk sparkling wine in front and went in ...my babe was a bit finished bec. of the driving so we didn´t went totally in front but we saw them :) so all allright ...wuhlwsheide is great and the sound but not easy to find ....

when pearl jam started i cried first happilly and than i just song danced along ...even jumped with a girl on the bench i even didn´t knew her ...talked with so many people ...and off course danced with my babe ...i was only sad that they din´t play you are ,crown of thorns but hell i saw them
    ah and they played foothsteps:):) and alive and .......

we didn´t get the digi camp (many people had cameras) so it seems it wasn´t a problem but i show you some pics later ...bec. after you see me just smiling :):):):)

and everthing wasn´t expensive drinks food etc...
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649

first at all after we happilly get there it was 7p.m.(don´t ask me why please we where both pissed off ) we missed the black keys but we heard them ...they are ok ....than we drunk sparkling wine in front and went in ...my babe was a bit finished bec. of the driving so we didn´t went totally in front but we saw them :) so all allright ...wuhlwsheide is great and the sound but not easy to find ....

when pearl jam started i cried first happilly and than i just song danced along ...even jumped with a girl on the bench i even didn´t knew her ...talked with so many people ...and off course danced with my babe ...i was only sad that they din´t play you are ,crown of thorns but hell i saw them

we didn´t get the digi camp (many people had cameras) so it seems it wasn´t a problem but i show you some pics later ...bec. after you see me just smiling :):):):)

Great to see that you enjoyed it. And was it better then sex???:p;):D
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Great to see that you enjoyed it. And was it better then sex???:p;):D

yea i really do ....
    no comment....
  • Options
    Ok I'm a novice here. It was only my 2nd gig after Verona last week but have been a fan since the early nineties (the south island of NZ was always a little too far for them to go!) and I had a fucking fantastic night. It was my brothers first concert and he had a great time too...

I'd pay it all again just to hear that rendition of Black... can't wait to download it!!!

They must have been midreaders as they played the 4 songs that I wanted to hear but they didn't play last week (Black, Daughter, Crazy Mary and Baba O'reilly).

Can't wait to see them again!!! Come back soon guys!!!
  • Options
    ...of my Pearl Jam touring Europe and the shows attended.

Unfortunately I have read a bit through the posts already and it makes me sad that the concerts only get charged by songs and setlist here.
    ...is not every Pearl Jam song played life just the purest fun?

The setlist was just great and perfectly fitting the mood and enthusiam of the audience. I am not sure if they might made it up just at the minute, at least some of the songs..
    who knows...

...for sure is just one thing: they were increadible on fire again, played extreme long solos in nearly every song (Porch seemed to be endless, guess, it was my highlight of the night), great great tunes they found and the atmosphere was not to top anymore.

And there were several highlights: for example they did not play betterman ;)
    ... come back, followed by I believe in miracles was intense and touched me deeply (hey hey saw Ramones twice here in Germany and they really seemed to like it here), and thank you PJ for Present Tense and Green desease...
    ..and crazy mary and save you.
    -I am only happy now-

dunno why they call it weak setlist here.

...I felt and think today as if we called all elements and ghosts last night under the star sky (but this might be caused by the venue, that was just in the middle of nature)

...and a personal note: never thought ever that Germans could be sooooo into PJ. I thought where I live it would be Desert Land of Rock and Pearl Jam,
    but we prooved different last night. the crowd was just amazing and completely stunning to me.
    we even won, according to Eddie, for just once, over Italy...
    ...in singing though :) but the soccer sadness is o.k. now cause we are even again. :)

so thank you Pearl Jam and Co. for this great great night again.
    It was a blast and the perfect final of my PJ tour through Europe.
    :) best holidays in Music ever...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    My first PJ show and the guys did not let me down. I would have liked to heard Betterman, as the crowd would have gone completly crazy on that one. Corduroy was missing aswell. But I guess we all have our favorite songs and they can not please us all.

Went their with a bus full of PJ fans from Denmark. Almost all of us were lucky enough to get green wristbands and were upfront. One off the girls on the tour got fucking lucky as Ed threw one of his Tambourines from Baba O to her. You can not get a better souvenir than that.

All in all a awesome show for me. The weather was perfect and the crowd were amazing. Can not wait to download the show and listen to Black again.
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602

Just got back from Berlin...
    Hey we arrived at the same time at the Whulheide...shit and we didin''t saw eatchother....we were late because of my brother he..he...i was a bit pissed that we were so late but the only thing that matters is i saw PJ again...LOL...
    i forgot the cam in my brothers apparment...stupid me...it's a great place for a outside gig i must say but they have to make the entrence mutch bigger so crowded we lost several min just standing there...he..he...Where were you standing sitting ????
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    This was a great show! My first PJ show (saw them in Roskilde as well), but this time it was so good to see an entire show! I thought it rocked. Maybe the setlist lacked the more not-so-often played songs, but it was really good, and since it was my first full length show I will not complain.
    I was there with 5 friends from Denmark and we had a blast. The beautiful amphitheatre makes a good spot for a rock concert. In the middle of a wood!
    It took some time to get in, but you could see the stage clearly from wherever you were. The first 4 songs got kinda spoiled because of a rough crowd, so we had to pull out and found some seats to relax a bit. Mike wasn´t that loud, I wish he would have been louder at times. But they played so many songs I wanted to hear. Save you, WWS, Marker in the sand, Small town, Present Tense, Given to fly, Black, Lukin to name a few. It was all good for me! Even though one of my favourites is Vitalogy, and they didn´t play a single song from that one. It was stil all good and I can´t wait for Athens next week which I will attend with my brother.
    There I will hope for some more rarities.

Cheers

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    redlady wrote:
    Just got back from Berlin...
    Hey we arrived at the same time at the Whulheide...shit and we didin''t saw eatchother....we were late because of my brother he..he...i was a bit pissed that we were so late but the only thing that matters is i saw PJ again...LOL...
    i forgot the cam in my brothers apparment...stupid me...it's a great place for a outside gig i must say but they have to make the entrence mutch bigger so crowded we lost several min just standing there...he..he...Where were you standing sitting ????

well first we sit outside in front of the Fizz (whatever that was ) on a bench

and than we went in we where sitting standing ...well very near to the place withouth benches ...so not really up but i can´t remember the nummbers or something...

oh yes it is a great venue...
  • Options
    playa3 wrote:

Never heard them before yesterday but thought they were quite boring.
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • Options
    wimbeldino wrote:
    We have probably the longest version of Black...Must be 5 minutes the we belong together tag with the crowd singing the tutu tutu...

footsteps was unbelievable!!! so was come back as it was dedicated to mr. ramone ("I'll send this one to heaven" in german) very emotional...

I'll still miss the slow openers...

I think Milan's Black will be longer. I also thought Milan's was slightly better - both awesome!

I can't wait for Ed to speak Danish when they Come Back to Denmark. :D
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • Options
    playa3 wrote:
    I think they were great even though they haven't played their new single "Your Touch", "10 am automatic" or my fave "hard row".Between the opening acts I've seen this tour I would rank them even with wolfmother and way above my morning jacket.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Just got back from Berlin. It has been one hell of a week-end!
    First up: Thank you so much Pearl Jam! You lived up to my expectations and then some. And that says alot!!
    Then; thank you 10C. Everything went smooth right from the very start with buying tickets. At the arena, the seperate entrance worked fine and even though we didn't get a seperate area in front of the stage it was so cool being able to get great spots. Thanks!!

IMO it was a really good setlist. Missed Dead Man and a few other, but with all the songs to choose from, the guys did their best.
    Loved that Eddie spoke german in between songs. That was real funny. He just needs to learn that V is pronounced like F...... ;)
    Aside from the german talk there wasn't a lot of ranting and goofing off. It was just pure-full-speed-ahead-rock-n-roll. GREAT!
    A few of the songs that stood out imo was Black (the crowd singing and chanting was great), Baba O'Riley and GTF.

It was also real fucking funny to see the small heards of ppl in blue avocado shirts moving around the arena! Avocado is in deed the fruit of the year -lol-

I finaly got see an entire PJ gig. It was fuckin' awesome and I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

BTW: I remember Ed changing the lyrics in some song to "now our president's a big fuckup", but I can't remember in which one. Anybody remember?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    BTW: I remember Ed changing the lyrics in some song to "now our president's a big fuckup", but I can't remember in which one. Anybody remember?
    I'm not sure myself but I think it was DTE.
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    I think they were great even though they haven't played their new single "Your Touch", "10 am automatic" or my fave "hard row".Between the opening acts I've seen this tour I would rank them even with wolfmother and way above my morning jacket.

It seems strange that they wouldn't play those songs, they are some of my favourites too, good that you enjoyed them though, i'm going to see them tomorrow