******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I don't know why everyone is acting like mark sanchez is steve young circa 1990. It's mark sanchez, he blows. If they can get a first or second day draft pick it's a no brainer to trade him. even jaws is going crazy about a few passes against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't get it

as an eagles fan, I just wish chip kelly didn't trade up to get barkley. that might have been worse than the sproles trade/extension

you have to have a decent backup QB in this league. Sanchez has started a lot of games and played in some huge games. not a guy I want starting but a lot of the alternatives for backups aren't very good.
    If foles gets hurt they are screwed. Seriously, Mark Sanchez. He sucks!!!
    boy, what a short sighted way of looking at things. if any starting quarterback gets hurt, that team is screwed. you cannot name 5 better backups in the league right now. picking up sanchez was a great move by this team.

come on man, even hawks knows this.
    If any team losing their starting qb is screwed, then what does it matter who your backup is??

seriously, you are defending mark sanchez. might want to reconsider
    what does it matter? are you seriously asking does it matter who your backup is if your starting qb gets injured?

your backup is most likely to play in a game or 2, possibly start one a year. give me one who has won 4 playoff games and been to 2 afc championship games over just about any other back up in the league.

so, you cannot name 5 better back ups then? didn't think so.
    look at mark sanchez's stats. he is not good

only thrown 20 tds in a season one time
    only thrown less than 18 picks in a season one time (think about that one)
    only completed 55% of his passes in a season one time

like I mentioned before, he sucks. he's no vince young (your boy), but he's not good either
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I don't know why everyone is acting like mark sanchez is steve young circa 1990. It's mark sanchez, he blows. If they can get a first or second day draft pick it's a no brainer to trade him. even jaws is going crazy about a few passes against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't get it

as an eagles fan, I just wish chip kelly didn't trade up to get barkley. that might have been worse than the sproles trade/extension

you have to have a decent backup QB in this league. Sanchez has started a lot of games and played in some huge games. not a guy I want starting but a lot of the alternatives for backups aren't very good.
    If foles gets hurt they are screwed. Seriously, Mark Sanchez. He sucks!!!
    boy, what a short sighted way of looking at things. if any starting quarterback gets hurt, that team is screwed. you cannot name 5 better backups in the league right now. picking up sanchez was a great move by this team.

come on man, even hawks knows this.
    If any team losing their starting qb is screwed, then what does it matter who your backup is??

seriously, you are defending mark sanchez. might want to reconsider
    what does it matter? are you seriously asking does it matter who your backup is if your starting qb gets injured?

your backup is most likely to play in a game or 2, possibly start one a year. give me one who has won 4 playoff games and been to 2 afc championship games over just about any other back up in the league.

so, you cannot name 5 better back ups then? didn't think so.
    look at mark sanchez's stats. he is not good

only thrown 20 tds in a season one time
    only thrown less than 18 picks in a season one time (think about that one)
    only completed 55% of his passes in a season one time

like I mentioned before, he sucks. he's no vince young (your boy), but he's not good either
    attempt number 3: name me 5 better back up qb's in the league right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eagles fans are the only fans in america who could possibly get excited about a backup qb having a few decent preseason games vs guys who will be pumping gas and working at fedex in a couple weeks. it's both hilarious and sad

mark sanchez is hot garbage
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Remember Jeff Garcia :))
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Fixer said:

eagles fans are the only fans in america who could possibly get excited about a backup qb having a few decent preseason games vs guys who will be pumping gas and working at fedex in a couple weeks. it's both hilarious and sad

attempt number 4: name me 5 better back up qb's in the league right now.
    answer: you cannot.

this futile exercise was performed at your expense to show you that, yes, while mark sanchez sucked as a starting quarterback in new york, he has to be considered one of the best backups in a league where you will need your backup usually a couple times a season. thus, giving the eagles a better security blanket than most of the rest of the league, not to mention a valuable trade piece for a team that is not in as good a position as the eagles.

and i have been saying this since the day they signed the guy. so your attempt at an insult also failed miserably. boy, rough day for the fixer....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

see? even ol' andy reid recognized the importance of a good back up qb. he won a playoff game for the eagles once.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

see? even ol' andy reid recognized the importance of a good back up qb. he won a playoff game for the eagles once.
    This town loved that dude so much. I was new here and thought it was soooo bizarre. Basically, he wasn't McNabb.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

this futile exercise was performed at your expense to show you that, yes, while mark sanchez sucked as a starting quarterback in new york, he has to be considered one of the best backups in a league where you will need your backup usually a couple times a season. thus, giving the eagles a better security blanket than most of the rest of the league, not to mention a valuable trade piece for a team that is not in as good a position as the eagles.

and i have been saying this since the day they signed the guy. so your attempt at an insult also failed miserably. boy, rough day for the fixer....
    the depth charts haven't even been decided for all teams yet have they? if you list the backup qbs for each team I will see if I can find 5 better options than mark sanchez.

I cannot see how signing a career turd to a one year contract to be your backup qb is a great signing. Even if he is a top 5 backup in the league (which I don't think matters in the least, even if that is factual, which I'm not sure that I agree with).

I like how you list all of the playoff games sanchez played in to defend him. jake delhomme went to a super bowl. maybe the eagles can sign him too

seriously, mark sanchez. haha. this has to be the funniest shit ever on this board
  • Options

reid was great at grooming qbs. he won a lot of games with terrible qbs (garcia, vick, kolb, feely, detmer, etc)

don't know why it always goes back to reid. let it go man
  • Options

This town loved that dude so much. I was new here and thought it was soooo bizarre. Basically, he wasn't McNabb.
    "Merry Christmas Philadelphia."

my grandmother loved the eagles, disliked mcnabb, and absolutely adored jeff garcia. she died 2 months after that christmas eve game in dallas and that was the last game i watched with her. so that game/playoff push with garcia will always mean something special for me......even when she was in hospice and barely making sense, she would ask how garcia was playing and stuff. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

reid was great at grooming qbs. he won a lot of games with terrible qbs (garcia, vick, kolb, feely, detmer, etc)

don't know why it always goes back to reid. let it go man
    ah, cliff brought him up. garcia was a great back up and reid recognized the importance of that position. kinda fits into the context of literally everything we are talking about right now. what are you not understanding?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

the depth charts haven't even been decided for all teams yet have they? if you list the backup qbs for each team I will see if I can find 5 better options than mark sanchez.

I cannot see how signing a career turd to a one year contract to be your backup qb is a great signing. Even if he is a top 5 backup in the league (which I don't think matters in the least, even if that is factual, which I'm not sure that I agree with).

I like how you list all of the playoff games sanchez played in to defend him. jake delhomme went to a super bowl. maybe the eagles can sign him too

seriously, mark sanchez. haha. this has to be the funniest shit ever on this board
    wow.

i mean, pjhawks knows more about this subject than you. i'm embarrassed for you. maybe take another 6 months off from posting in this thread. you seem rusty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

It was the same way with AJ Feely.

Ah, eagles fans
  • Options
    edited August 2014

my grandmother loved the eagles, disliked mcnabb, and absolutely adored jeff garcia. she died 2 months after that christmas eve game in dallas and that was the last game i watched with her. so that game/playoff push with garcia will always mean something special for me......even when she was in hospice and barely making sense, she would ask how garcia was playing and stuff. haha
    Ha, that's cool man.....sports. That kind of stuff is cool. Have a ton of that kind of stuff with my old man, so definitely know what you are saying.
  • Options

Ha, that's cool man.....sports. That kind of stuff is cool. Have a ton of that kind of stuff with my old man.
    yeah, totally agree. stuff like that is what it's all about....especially in this town, when nobody actually wins anything. ha....god damn it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

wow.

i mean, pjhawks knows more about this subject than you. i'm embarrassed for you. maybe take another 6 months off from posting in this thread. you seem rusty.
    too lazy to look it up. post it and I will take a shot at naming 5 better backups than steve young circa 1990, I mean mark sanchez.

I laugh to myself a little bit every time I type his name. haha
  • Options
    Here's one list for you (first one on google). Must be a typo since sanchez isn't in the top 5

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000377086/article/ranking-all-32-backup-quarterbacks
  • Options
    for the record I would have chase daniel in the top 5. he is ranked wayy too low.

I'd also rank jimmy garappolo ahead of ryan mallet
  • Options
    Here's another one. I couldn't find sanchez in the top 5 here either.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/nfl-backup-quarterback-qb-depth-power-rankings-johnny-manziel
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This is classic stuff.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

This is classic stuff.

i love how in both of his clearly definitive googled lists (when in doubt, right?) his boy mike vick sits right there at number one. haha

also--one of them was done by usa fucking today, who fixer correctly has lamented numerous times about how awful of a publication it is. the other one, the one that has sanchez at 6 (waaaaaaay far away from the top 5) talks about how important the backup qb position is. it even quotes joe gibbs as saying it's "second most important position" on the whole god damn team.

so he spends an afternoon telling me how unimportant the backup position is and then links to an article that completely contradicts his argument. pjhawks is looking more and more knowledgeable by the minute.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300

This is classic stuff.

i love how in both of his clearly definitive googled lists (when in doubt, right?) his boy mike vick sits right there at number one. haha

also--one of them was done by usa fucking today, who fixer correctly has lamented numerous times about how awful of a publication it is. the other one, the one that has sanchez at 6 (waaaaaaay far away from the top 5) talks about how important the backup qb position is. it even quotes joe gibbs as saying it's "second most important position" on the whole god damn team.

so he spends an afternoon telling me how unimportant the backup position is and then links to an article that completely contradicts his argument. pjhawks is looking more and more knowledgeable by the minute.
    uhh i always have been...just takes some of you guys a while to come around.

for a playoff contending team a backup qb can be the difference between making it and not. no one is asking a backup qb to take over for like 13+ games and expect a team to win big playing that many games but often times one or two games is required. in that case give me a guy who has been a starter on a good team who has played some big playoff games over an untested young guy. for this team, for a possible few games, Mark Sanchez works. regardless where sanchez ranks on the backup qb list he is still, at this time, a good ways ahead of Matt Barkley. when you argue against a guy you got to at least give me an alternative.
  • Options
    also---good for danny watkins. he is now fulfilling a lifeline dream at the tender age of 30, of being a firefighter in dallas, tx.

that 2011 draft class....yeesh. even with kelce, it might be the worst in franchise history

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/8/26/6070701/danny-watkins-eagles-bust-fire-fighter-dallas-2011-nfl-draft
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

This is classic stuff.

Years of losing arguments to me has really gotten to you. It's understandable, I'd be scarred too.

Look at the list of NFL backups. 95% of these guys suck (sanchez included). The other 5% are unproven young guys. If you want to say that Sanchez is a top 5 backup you may be right. I would certainly take him over vick, but then again I would take mike mcmahon over mike vick. That said, it's a shallow, arbitrary statement that's become your modus operandi. Who cares if a guy is top 3, top 5, top 7, top 10?? It doesn't matter because it's all opinion.

The bottom line is that sanchez is not a 'great signing' because he's a terrible QB. Anyone who has even casually watched NFL games over the last 5 years will see this as fact...and a blatantly obvious one at that (and his stats back up this point -- imagine that, hard factual data to support an opinion!). If chip kelly didn't waste two draft picks on matt barkley then they wouldn't be forced to sign turds like mark sanchez.

Joe Gibbs proved he was senile during his second go round with the skins. He probably does think the backup qb is the second most important position on a team. Which is ridiculous
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Preseason or not Sanchez has looked very good. What's wrong with admitting that? It's always a I'm right your wrong thing for some reason. For whatever reason Kelly get's his qb's to be more effective. Is Sanchez a good fit or good qb in this system? Time might tell down the road. So beating him up makes no sense. We know the NJ Jet Sanchez wasn't that good. That doesn't mean the Chip Kelly Sanchez will suck.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Preseason or not Sanchez has looked very good. What's wrong with admitting that? It's always a I'm right your wrong thing for some reason. For whatever reason Kelly get's his qb's to be more effective. Is Sanchez a good fit or good qb in this system? Time might tell down the road. So beating him up makes no sense. We know the NJ Jet Sanchez wasn't that good. That doesn't mean the Chip Kelly Sanchez will suck.

yeah, basic stuff. every knowledgeable football fan realizes the importance of a decent backup. and by most accounts, sanchez is considered one of the best in the league. i don't want him starting 16 games for the eagles, but he's competent enough (and more than most) to help out in a pinch if, god forbid, we need him. it's a nice luxury to have.

i can't believe the season starts next week. can't wait!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So, did I miss anything?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

So, did I miss anything?

yeah. backup quarterbacks are meaningless. GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    peter king has the birds winning home field advantage...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300

JK_Livin said:

So, did I miss anything?

yeah. backup quarterbacks are meaningless. GO BIRDS.
    don't forget to tell him how important the pre-season games are...or at least the one game the Eagles played well in.