Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So back-ups don't matter, tell that to Dick Vermeil and the Rams, preseason games may matter and you still can't say anything bad about Andy or 4th round kickers, it that it?

How quiet did the stadium get when Maclin's knee locked? That was a little scary.

Go Birds!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,525
    JK_Livin said:

So back-ups don't matter, tell that to Dick Vermeil and the Rams, preseason games may matter and you still can't say anything bad about Andy or 4th round kickers, it that it?

How quiet did the stadium get when Maclin's knee locked? That was a little scary.

Go Birds!!

well, looks like you're all caught up. welcome back.

yeah for about 2 minutes i was thinking his career was over. then hopped up and caught a pass a few plays later. PHEW.

next sunday cannot get here any faster.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    week 4 of preseason has got to be the worse.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    beat it, alex henery
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So is the 4th rd K or 4th rd QB going to make the team? How can you justify taking a K in the 4th but critique taking a QB?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

it is such a huge decision to make since parkey is an undrafted rookie, while hennery has experience, albeit pretty shitty experience. still other kickers can be had off waivers too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That's a great picture. We'd have just as many questions with Parkey Posey as we do henery. I'm tired of K's costing us playoff games.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

That's a great picture. We'd have just as many questions with Parkey Posey as we do henery. I'm tired of K's costing us playoff games.

this could be one of those years when we go through multiple kickers...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cuts are happening
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Cuts are happening

anyone interesting?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Cowboys
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Cuts are happening

anyone interesting?
    it looks like josey is being cut and they are keep polk, despite his injury. kid showed promise last year. i'm on board with that.

it really sucks that travis long got hurt because that means clay mathews' sister will make this team again...though he is a decent contributor on special teams.

also looks like parker lewis can't lose is making the team for the time being, at least....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Gonna laugh my ass off when kelly signs mike sam

Hit the navy game yesterday. Stadium is so much nicer than the shitty linc. I say that every time i go to a football game. Gotta be one of bottom five stadiums in nfl. :)
  • Options

Preseason or not Sanchez has looked very good. What's wrong with admitting that? It's always a I'm right your wrong thing for some reason. For whatever reason Kelly get's his qb's to be more effective. Is Sanchez a good fit or good qb in this system? Time might tell down the road. So beating him up makes no sense. We know the NJ Jet Sanchez wasn't that good. That doesn't mean the Chip Kelly Sanchez will suck.

yeah, basic stuff. every knowledgeable football fan realizes the importance of a decent backup. and by most accounts, sanchez is considered one of the best in the league. i don't want him starting 16 games for the eagles, but he's competent enough (and more than most) to help out in a pinch if, god forbid, we need him. it's a nice luxury to have.

i can't believe the season starts next week. can't wait!
    You guys are sticking up for mark sanchez because he played well vs ups delivery men. Its fucking hilarious
  • Options

peter king has the birds winning home field advantage...

Who cares?
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Who cares?
    the ENTIRE universe.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Who cares?
    the ENTIRE universe.
    Hes prob one of the top 5 nfl columnists
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Who cares?
    the ENTIRE universe.
    holy shit we agree on something. haha. always a must read for me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Who cares?
    the ENTIRE universe.
    We know. You post every dumb article you come across. 700 level. Phiily.com. Peter king. Etc.

We know you read every free site
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Who cares?
    the ENTIRE universe.
    We know. You post every dumb article you come across. 700 level. Phiily.com. Peter king. Etc.

We know you read every free site
    exactly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,226
    It will be amusing to watch DJAX burn the secondary twice this year in the burgundy and gold,lol.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

It will be amusing to watch DJAX burn the secondary twice this year in the burgundy and gold,lol.

possibly....but both games will probably be eagles victories, lol.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sunday can not get here soon enough :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    the more i think about this team and their schedule, the more optimistic i'm getting. assuming good health, i'm thinking 10-6.

i originally was thinking 3-3 going into the bye (even though they stink, i see them splitting with the giants).....but now think they can upset either the colts or niners. i think it's the niners. san fran had a rough off season, has looked horrible this summer, and has injury and suspension issues. think the birds can steal one there.

they should be favored in their next 3 games, but think they will drop one of them, probably arizona. so now they're 6-3 and should be favored in all of their remaining games except for green bay and seattle.....got a funny feeling about that late saturday game in dc--might be one of those flukey games they lose after having the division locked up. 10-6.....maybe 11-5 if they have a shot at bye heading into dc.

i look for foles' numbers coming back to life but still around 31tds, 13ints, 3,800 yards, 64% comp. i'll take that. guy makes good decisions in the pocket. if he can put up these kinds of numbers and gets the ball out of his hands a smidge earlier, look for a contract extension at some point soon.

shady should get you around 1500 yards and 10 tds, while being a leading mvp candidate.

ertz is poised for a monster breakout season...obviously wanna see mathews emerge as a big, dependable target (especially redzone) as season goes on.

defense...if the offense can be as good as i imagine, as long as they are mediocre it should be good enough (i'm betting on them leading a lot of their games, which will take the pressure off). gotta get more pressure on the qb without blitzing. gotta get off the field on 3rd downs. wanna see kendricks emerge as a pro bowl caliber lb and become that play maker the birds haven't had since 2008. boykin is a stud in the nickle. i like the jenkins signing. also like carrol providing depth. interested in seeing what beau allen does if given some pt. and marcus smith--show me something when given the chance.

special teams should be improved. not sure how much of an upgrade parkey will be over henery but henery had to go...would not surprise me if they went through a couple different kickers when all said and done.

this is year 2. next year is the super bowl or bust year for me. just want to see them win the division again and get that first playoff win in 6 years. in today's nfl, parity rules. be playing your best at the end of the season, get in and anything can happen.

GO BIRDS.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't get to watch any college ball this weekend so Thursday can't get here soon enough.

I love football season, back-up QB's, Michael Sam, The Linc, free websites & Chip's pressers :-@

Go Birds.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i believe bradley cooper narrates this and the music is by the roots...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGJYDOvds4&feature=youtu.be
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Go Romo
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

Go Romo

Hopefully Tony stays Tony!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661