Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    edited August 2014
    so what's the protocol for pre-season games. do you guys sport a jersey or do you only bring those out for real games?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited August 2014

This is great. Absolutely priceless.

Jeags, logic is not his forte'.

we've got about a decade's worth of unintentional comedy in these here threads. god bless that goofy bastard

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    in all seriousness though....alex henery has got to go.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i swear i didn't write this or conduct this poll but this is one for you guys.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/20/meet-the-participation-trophy-generation/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,277
    just ready for the season to start now
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    How does everyone feel about Foles this year? High or low expectations?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

How does everyone feel about Foles this year? High or low expectations?

i think most people are cautiously optimistic, but still want to see him to play at a high level this year before fully buying in. i mean obviously his numbers will not be as historic as last year, but there's so still so much talent on this offense for him to be successful.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pretty cool to see shady on espn mag's nfl preview that came to me today
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well I guess the Rams and Panthers fans can take solace in the fact that their QBs got hurt in such meaningful games, well at least according to some on here. and Wes Welker has to be thrilled his long term health was also compromised even more in such a meaningful game.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    It happens.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks said:

well I guess the Rams and Panthers fans can take solace in the fact that their QBs got hurt in such meaningful games, well at least according to some on here. and Wes Welker has to be thrilled his long term health was also compromised even more in such a meaningful game.

I give up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.
    keep doing the same thing over and over right? someone needs to question the risk-reward of these pre-season games especially for QBs, veterans and star players. and i'm just the guy to do it. with defenses showing very little is the risk really worth it for QBs especially? i know people will say you have to get in rhythm blah blah blah but i think you can do that with practice since so little is really shown by defenses in these so called games. all you are really doing is playing pitch and catch anyway. if they were so important to help they'd play more plays too. so why risk it? i think it's a legitimate question.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.
    all you can do is laugh at this point.

to me, this just points how great the sanchez signing was. if the rams offered a 2nd rounder, would you pull the trigger?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

to me, this just points how great the sanchez signing was. if the rams offered a 2nd rounder, would you pull the trigger?
    no and i think it would be a stupid move by the Rams anyway. they are already in a division with 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in football so the highest upside is 3rd place in their division. why waste a 2nd round pick (which i don't think they come close to offering anyway) for mark sanchez or any other backup qb at this point?
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

That would be hard to pass up,as he won't be back next year. I'd probably say yes as that pick would be in the first 10 picks of rd 2. But I deff fear not having a quality backup as I'm sure Foles might get banged up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

That would be hard to pass up,as he won't be back next year. I'd probably say yes as that pick would be in the first 10 picks of rd 2. But I deff fear not having a quality backup as I'm sure Foles might get banged up.
    i agree. looks like the rams are interested but the eagles would want too much. a 2 would be a huge haul.............NOW, if barkely can muster up a good game on thursday, i would imagine he would be trade bait as well.

feeley and that kicker from the bills got released. birds need to bring one of them to philly asap.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

i agree. looks like the rams are interested but the eagles would want too much. a 2 would be a huge haul.............NOW, if barkely can muster up a good game on thursday, i would imagine he would be trade bait as well.

feeley and that kicker from the bills got released. birds need to bring one of them to philly asap.
    I heard Akers was posting youtube videos of himself kicking. Feely was worse then Henry at kicking off last yr. I'd ask for a 3rd and legatron from STL:)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2014
    I don't know why everyone is acting like mark sanchez is steve young circa 1990. It's mark sanchez, he blows. If they can get a first or second day draft pick it's a no brainer to trade him. even jaws is going crazy about a few passes against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't get it

as an eagles fan, I just wish chip kelly didn't trade up to get barkley. that might have been worse than the sproles trade/extension
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

I heard Akers was posting youtube videos of himself kicking. Feely was worse then Henry at kicking off last yr. I'd ask for a 3rd and legatron from STL:)
    yeah. he was slightly more accurate though...maybe dustin hopkins then. i still can't believe henery was a 4th round pick for this team. fucking awful.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

I don't know why everyone is acting like mark sanchez is steve young circa 1990. It's mark sanchez, he blows. If they can get a first or second day draft pick it's a no brainer to trade him. even jaws is going crazy about a few passes against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I don't get it

as an eagles fan, I just wish chip kelly didn't trade up to get barkley. that might have been worse than the sproles trade/extension

you have to have a decent backup QB in this league. Sanchez has started a lot of games and played in some huge games. not a guy I want starting but a lot of the alternatives for backups aren't very good.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

you have to have a decent backup QB in this league. Sanchez has started a lot of games and played in some huge games. not a guy I want starting but a lot of the alternatives for backups aren't very good.
    If foles gets hurt they are screwed. Seriously, Mark Sanchez. He sucks!!!
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I give up.

yeah. he was slightly more accurate though...maybe dustin hopkins then. i still can't believe henery was a 4th round pick for this team. fucking awful.
    at least henery is a 4th rounder who plays. kelly traded up to take barkley in the 4th. HORRENDOUS

Seriously though, I did not like this team's offseason. I think they win 8 games, which may be enough to win their division
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I give up.

at least henery is a 4th rounder who plays. kelly traded up to take barkley in the 4th. HORRENDOUS

Seriously though, I did not like this team's offseason. I think they win 8 games, which may be enough to win their division
    honestly, i'd respect your opinion on barkley a little more if you expressed this concern last year. you were actually saying you liked their off season and draft at this point a year ago. and taking one of the worst kicker's in the league in the 4th round is only a little less stupid than promoting your offensive line coach to coordinate your defense.

i'm at about 9 wins at this point, which wins the division by maybe by 2 games. just be playing your best ball going into the playoffs and anything can happen.

BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

boy, what a short sighted way of looking at things. if any starting quarterback gets hurt, that team is screwed. you cannot name 5 better backups in the league right now. picking up sanchez was a great move by this team.

come on man, even hawks knows this.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I give up.

honestly, i'd respect your opinion on barkley a little more if you expressed this concern last year. you were actually saying you liked their off season and draft at this point a year ago. and taking one of the worst kicker's in the league in the 4th round is only a little less stupid than promoting your offensive line coach to coordinate your defense.

i'm at about 9 wins at this point, which wins the division by maybe by 2 games. just be playing your best ball going into the playoffs and anything can happen.

BIRDS!
    never said I liked the barkley pick

I would never draft a kicker period. that said, eagles have already gotten more value from the henery pick than they ever will from the barkley pick (and corresponding pick they traded to move up to take him).

I do like the malcolm jenkins signing. Other than that, I think the offseason was disappointing.

give me the under on 9 wins.

• Options
    edited August 2014

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

boy, what a short sighted way of looking at things. if any starting quarterback gets hurt, that team is screwed. you cannot name 5 better backups in the league right now. picking up sanchez was a great move by this team.

If any team losing their starting qb is screwed, then what does it matter who your backup is??

seriously, you are defending mark sanchez. might want to reconsider. then again, you're the same guy who defended vince young. haha
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I give up.

BIRDS!

I would never draft a kicker period. that said, eagles have already gotten more value from the henery pick than they ever will from the barkley pick (and corresponding pick they traded to move up to take him).

I do like the malcolm jenkins signing. Other than that, I think the offseason was disappointing.

yeah but you're saying it is horrendous now (with all caps so you must be really emphatic) when you did nothing but defend his douchiness last year. just saying, it would carry more weight now if you had been saying that since day 1.

i also remember you loving the henery pick at the time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I give up.

BIRDS!

yeah but you're saying it is horrendous now (with all caps so you must be really emphatic) when you did nothing but defend his douchiness last year. just saying, it would carry more weight now if you had been saying that since day 1.

I said most 21 year olds are dbags. I actually think barkley handled himself extremely well during his time at usc (including when he started as a true frosh, which is uncommon at such a high profile program)

• Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

If any team losing their starting qb is screwed, then what does it matter who your backup is??

seriously, you are defending mark sanchez. might want to reconsider
    what does it matter? are you seriously asking does it matter who your backup is if your starting qb gets injured?

your backup is most likely to play in a game or 2, possibly start one a year. give me one who has won 4 playoff games and been to 2 afc championship games over just about any other back up in the league.

so, you cannot name 5 better back ups then? didn't think so.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

I give up.

BIRDS!

I said most 21 year olds are dbags. I actually think barkley handled himself extremely well during his time at usc (including when he started as a true frosh, which is uncommon at such a high profile program)

correct. my only point is now it seems like you really, really, really hate the pick/trade up....whereas last year you did not mention your dislike of it a single time. no big deal.
    chinese-happy.jpg