******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    God damn I can't wait for football.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited August 2014
    JK_Livin said:
    what a great read... and chip is such a smart fucking dude. but in reality, the author is right--the philosophy is pretty simple--exploit the defense's weakness at a tempo that makes it difficult for them to adjust to.

I can't wait till this team has all the right pieces and puts everything together (i'm guessing that will/should next year). hopefully the rest of the league still hasn't caught up to them by that point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    they do this for every team, obviously....but this is fucking hilarious--especially the part about passing 25 times in the 2nd half of the colts game, which they blew a 28 point lead and lost

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-kansas-city-chiefs-1622150776
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

they do this for every team, obviously....but this is fucking hilarious--especially the part about passing 25 times in the 2nd half of the colts game, which they blew a 28 point lead and lost

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-kansas-city-chiefs-1622150776

good to see the obsession continues. was it funny when Chip lost as a home favorite in the playoffs last year?

Juggler are we allowed to judge Chip this year? i know last year you said we couldn't because it was year one but just wondering what you say the protocol is this year.
    edited August 2014
    obsession? the guy coached here for a decade and a half. human nature is to still follow his career after he leaves (unless you're not a big football fan, I guess)...it's just like with any other ex iconic philly athlete/coach (ie: barkely, cunningham, buddy, reggie white, larry brown, etc etc etc). the fact that he blew a 28 point lead in a playoff game for much of the same reasons that drew such criticisms here is just delicious irony, which I love. thank god he is not running this organization anymore...

and you absolutely could have judged the chipper last year. I never said that. however, reasonable people have reasonable expectations. and he exceeded all reasonable expectations last year by a country mile. now it's time to build off of that.

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com

obsession? the guy coached here for a decade and a half. human nature is to still follow his career after he leaves (unless you're not a big football fan, I guess)...it's just like with any other ex iconic philly athlete/coach (ie: barkely, cunningham, buddy, reggie white, larry brown, etc etc etc). the fact that he blew a 28 point lead in a playoff game for much of the same reasons that drew such criticisms here is just delicious irony, which I love. thank god he is not running this organization anymore...

and you absolutely could have judged the chipper last year. I never said that. however, reasonable people have reasonable expectations. and he exceeded all reasonable expectations last year by a country mile. now it's time to build off of that.

BIRDS!

except you only seem to comment when it's negative about the guy.

agree that Chip exceeded expectations last year. was a happy surprise. it's why i said above how intriguing this season is going to be. going to be very interesting for sure.
    pjhawks said:

BIRDS!

except you only seem to comment when it's negative about the guy.

agree that Chip exceeded expectations last year. was a happy surprise. it's why i said above how intriguing this season is going to be. going to be very interesting for sure.
    i was one of the biggest reid fans around, on par with you and fixer, up to a point....but after so many years of mediocre/stubborn football and doing stupid things like promoting the offensive line coach to coordinate the defense, the luster of andy reid wore off pretty quickly for me.

I've always given him props when he deserved it though....
    www.myspace.com
    well....foles looked good, mathews looked great, ertz too....defense---yeah, rough night. our white backup linebackers are horrible....as are all these "illegal contact" calls.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

well....foles looked good, mathews looked great, ertz too....defense---yeah, rough night. our white backup linebackers are horrible....as are all these "illegal contact" calls.

yeah that pretty much what i was gonna say. Sanchez looks pretty good too :-S
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    they can downplay this toe thing with mccoy all they want....but a turf toe, if that's what it is, can linger. I would hold him out till week 1.......or give him a drive or two, at most, on thursday and call it a summer.

also-- over/under on how many games henery costs us this year? I will set it at 1.5. he is kicking it into the end zone, at least....but I kind of remember him doing that last summer too.
    www.myspace.com
    Was off the grid all weekend - is Huff's injury serious?

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/08/19/chip-downplays-mccoy-injury/

Kelly said Josh Huff (shoulder) is not scheduled to have surgery and nothing is broken. His teammates, though, are speaking as if this isn't a short-term injury. Chris Polk (hamstring) remains sidelined. We'll have more on him later
    www.myspace.com

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/08/19/chip-downplays-mccoy-injury/

Kelly said Josh Huff (shoulder) is not scheduled to have surgery and nothing is broken. His teammates, though, are speaking as if this isn't a short-term injury. Chris Polk (hamstring) remains sidelined. We'll have more on him later
    Shoulder's are no joke, especially when you rely, at least partially, on using your strength to bust through tackles.
    trying to make hennery sweat a little bit with this move:
    http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/08/20/eagles-release-fluellen/#more-2831344

hopefully they have their eye on this guy if he gets cut:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/red_zone/Meet-Dustin-Hopkins-a-possible-solution-to-the-Eagles--kicker-concerns.html

fucking hennery. he sucks.
    www.myspace.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Are you any relation to board member 'The Jeagler'?
    www.cluthelee.com

Are you any relation to board member 'The Jeagler'?

I went to grade school with his father.
    www.myspace.com

they can downplay this toe thing with mccoy all they want....but a turf toe, if that's what it is, can linger. I would hold him out till week 1.......or give him a drive or two, at most, on thursday and call it a summer.

also-- over/under on how many games henery costs us this year? I will set it at 1.5. he is kicking it into the end zone, at least....but I kind of remember him doing that last summer too.

agree. hell i think there is very little reason for any star player to ever play in the pre-season except in cases of having new coaches and systems.

can't imagine Henery makes it through the year.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Very impressive. Good bye Alex and stay HEALTH Shady and Maclin!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    yeah man....that was pretty impressive by the first team last night. people freaking out about games 1 and 2 of the preseason...haha. they look ready to go...wish we can just fast forward to the jags game at this point.

...except for henery. i still can't believe they wasted a 4th round pick on him.
    www.myspace.com

yeah man....that was pretty impressive by the first team last night. people freaking out about games 1 and 2 of the preseason...haha. they look ready to go...wish we can just fast forward to the jags game at this point.

...except for henery. i still can't believe they wasted a 4th round pick on him.

this quote sums up Eagles fans. no big deal that they sucked in 2 pre-season games but now it's impressive that they played well last night? which is it? does it only matter when they play well?

personally i don't think anything that happens in pre-season other than injuries means a fucking thing.
    edited August 2014
    pjhawks said:

this quote sums up Eagles fans. no big deal that they sucked in 2 pre-season games but now it's impressive that they played well last night? which is it? does it only matter when they play well?

personally i don't think anything that happens in pre-season other than injuries means a fucking thing.
    it "sums up eagles fans" huh? okay, buddy....this is why nobody respects your opinion. the 3rd game is the only time your starters play meaningful minutes so it means a bit more than watching a bunch of backups in the first 2 games. i guess you have not paid attention, otherwise you should know that.

i'm satisfied. all that matters is you want to see them execute and execute cleanly in their only extended summer action, and of course stay healthy. then boom--fast forward to the link in a couple weeks. 4th game should be a scrimmage or something.

BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    one main take away from last night for me was how active kendricks was. if he continues to elevate his game this season, like he did in the 2nd half last year, that will be huge for this defense who has lacked play makers since they let dawkins leave.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

it "sums up eagles fans" huh? okay, buddy....this is why nobody respects your opinion. the 3rd game is the only time your starters play meaningful minutes so it means a bit more than watching a bunch of backups in the first 2 games. i guess you have not paid attention, otherwise you should know that.

i'm satisfied. all that matters is you want to see them execute and execute cleanly in their only extended summer action, and of course stay healthy. then boom--fast forward to the link in a couple weeks. 4th game should be a scrimmage or something.

BIRDS!
    it means absolutely nothing. they are basically just going through the motions because neither the offense nor the defense shows even 25% of what they are going to do in the regular season. it's pointless and funny when people try to ascertain any information from pre-season games. but hey glad you are satisfied.

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

BIRDS!
    it means absolutely nothing. they are basically just going through the motions because neither the offense nor the defense shows even 25% of what they are going to do in the regular season. it's pointless and funny when people try to ascertain any information from pre-season games. but hey glad you are satisfied.

yeah. here is what you said after the FIRST preseason game last year. i'll just this simmer here, as it was one of the more dumber things you have ever posted, and completely contradicts what you are saying now:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/201508/philadelphia-eagles/p15
    pjhawks said:

I think the defense just needs more protein shakes, or is it better music at practice, maybe more sleep? you know all those important things mr. Kelly has installed so far for this franchise, but hey he's entertaining in the press conferences so at least the press and a portion of the fan base should be happy, we got that going for us. :D

without trying to be funny isn't their already cause for concern with Chip Kelly? I can't imagine the shit storm if Andy Reid had drafted mostly offense on a team with such an atrocious defense, then ignore that fact that they can't tackle a lick by having almost no full tackling drills in camp. hard to put a positive spin on that.

you are a fool.
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2014

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

BIRDS!

yeah. here is what you said after the FIRST preseason game last year. i'll just this simmer here, as it was one of the more dumber things you have ever posted, and completely contradicts what you are saying now:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/201508/philadelphia-eagles/p15
    pjhawks said:

I think the defense just needs more protein shakes, or is it better music at practice, maybe more sleep? you know all those important things mr. Kelly has installed so far for this franchise, but hey he's entertaining in the press conferences so at least the press and a portion of the fan base should be happy, we got that going for us. :D

without trying to be funny isn't their already cause for concern with Chip Kelly? I can't imagine the shit storm if Andy Reid had drafted mostly offense on a team with such an atrocious defense, then ignore that fact that they can't tackle a lick by having almost no full tackling drills in camp. hard to put a positive spin on that.

you are a fool.
    uhh what part of what you posted above says anything about the pre-season GAME? fucking dope.

now go listen to Chip's day after press conference and tell us how entertaining it was.

Post edited by pjhawks on
    haha.....you posted that the day after the first preseason game. i guess just one hell of a coincidence huh? haha

so after the backups played poorly in the 1st preseason game last year, you wondered if there was "already cause for concern with chip kelly"--who had not yet even coached in his first regular season game. after ONE preseason game you are insinuating that the coach doesn't know what he is doing.

then this year, after said coach turned a pathetic 4 win team into a 10-6 division winner, his starters play well in their only extended playing time of the summer and it means "nothing."

if this doesn't sum up pjhawks perfectly, nothing ever will. good god almighty. you're like the gary mathews of these threads---constant unintended comedy. never change!
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2014

haha.....you posted that the day after the first preseason game. i guess just one hell of a coincidence huh? haha

so after the backups played poorly in the 1st preseason game last year, you wondered if there was "already cause for concern with chip kelly"--who had not yet even coached in his first regular season game. after ONE preseason game you are insinuating that the coach doesn't know what he is doing.

then this year, after said coach turned a pathetic 4 win team into a 10-6 division winner, his starters play well in their only extended playing time of the summer and it means "nothing."

if this doesn't sum up pjhawks perfectly, nothing ever will. good god almighty. you're like the gary mathews of these threads---constant unintended comedy. never change!

nothing about the game itself. was about drafting for offense and lack of tackling in practice which i still think is dumb. reading comprehension has never been some people's strength in these threads.

i know a few years ago you tried to tell us pre-season games matter i guess you still believe that.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Lol,am I really reading this?
    Go Birds!!!!
    This is great. Absolutely priceless.

Jeags, logic is not his forte'.