Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    And now the Eagles have reached agreement with former Dolphins CB Nolan Carroll. Philly moving and shaking.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    JK_Livin said:

I didn't realize Sproles' return numbers were bad last year.

Sproles ranked 24th of 27 punt returners last year [6.7 yards per return] and 29th of 31 kick returners [21.3 per return].

Among other NFL running backs as a receiver last year he ranked: 3rd in catches, 3rd in yards, 6th in YAC, and tied for 10th in TD catches.

Chip is salivating right now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, was right around there. Greg Lewis ran 80 yards across the field to try and field a punt, which he fumbled...cost the eagles the game. Lambeau is ridiculous though.

Have seen them play in NO too. Loudest building I have ever been in. I miss our annual eagles road trips.

Speaking of NO, I have another bachelor party down there in september. Dudes are going for four nights...thinking my max may be two, otherwise there's a good chance I come home in a body bag
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

The Fixer said:

Aw, man. Back to being super obnoxious-asshole fans. I love it. Me and the boys are gearing up for a return to an away trip - thinking San Fran, Green Bay, or AZ.

We did GB a few years back. Favre's last year w GB. Was first game of season. I know it's cliche, but it's true...you gotta get to Lambeau.
    I remember that game. Believe that was '07? It was between there and New Orleans - we went with the latter. But, yeah, that's what I'm sayin, Lambeau is one of those places. But if it's just about the field then I can do that at any age. I'm thinking SF or AZ while my body's still young and can get into regrettable trouble.
    You mean the San Jose 49ers? I think San Fran is a great city and the area is just fucking awesome in general, but the location of that stadium is fucking moronic. With game day traffic, that will be an hour and a half or two hour drive from San Fran. When I head out there for work, I stay in San Fran and take a car to Milpitas which is right near Santa Clara. It is not close at all. So fucking stupid.

Arizona is a good time. ASU girls....
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    The Fixer said:

Yeah, was right around there. Greg Lewis ran 80 yards across the field to try and field a punt, which he fumbled...cost the eagles the game. Lambeau is ridiculous though.

Have seen them play in NO too. Loudest building I have ever been in. I miss our annual eagles road trips.

Speaking of NO, I have another bachelor party down there in september. Dudes are going for four nights...thinking my max may be two.

Yeah, we ended up doing NO in '06 and '07. Fucking ridiculous trips. Love that city.

Four nights isn't bad for NO. If you said 4 nights and it was Vegas, then I would say you're in trouble - no more than 3 nights in that city, at the most.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The Fixer said:

g

ah, yes. the season andy reid entered without a punt returner on his roster....doh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Aw, man. Back to being super obnoxious-asshole fans. I love it. Me and the boys are gearing up for a return to an away trip - thinking San Fran, Green Bay, or AZ.

We did GB a few years back. Favre's last year w GB. Was first game of season. I know it's cliche, but it's true...you gotta get to Lambeau.
    I remember that game. Believe that was '07? It was between there and New Orleans - we went with the latter. But, yeah, that's what I'm sayin, Lambeau is one of those places. But if it's just about the field then I can do that at any age. I'm thinking SF or AZ while my body's still young and can get into regrettable trouble.
    You mean the San Jose 49ers? I think San Fran is a great city and the area is just fucking awesome in general, but the location of that stadium is fucking moronic. With game day traffic, that will be an hour and a half or two hour drive from San Fran. When I head out there for work, I stay in San Fran and take a car to Milpitas which is right near Santa Clara. It is not close at all. So fucking stupid.

Never been to Northern Cali, but I will vouch for Gillette Stadium as the worst stadium setup on the face of the earth. One lane road to a 70k seat stadium is genius
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Never been to Northern Cali, but I will vouch for Gillette Stadium as the worst stadium setup on the face of the earth. One lane road to a 70k seat stadium is genius
    ASU girls is right. The woman used to live out there, so that might be out. I don't want her thinking this is a chance for her to go back there.

So probably gonna be either GB or SF, which probably means SF.

Hopefully this game is before October and I can roll this into a bachelor party for my buddy too.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Speaking of NO, I have another bachelor party down there in september. Dudes are going for four nights...thinking my max may be two.

Yeah, we ended up doing NO in '06 and '07. Fucking ridiculous trips. Love that city.

Four nights isn't bad for NO. If you said 4 nights and it was Vegas, then I would say you're in trouble - no more than 3 nights in that city, at the most.

Were you at the birds/saints game where the saints held the ball for the last 8 minutes and kicked a FG as time expired? That's the one I was at and it was brutal. Forget what year that was.

See, I think NO might be the most aggressive city in the country for drinking/drugs. Vegas and NYC are close, but I think NO takes the title. 3 for 1 all day happy hours in pretty much every bar you come across. There's no fighting sobriety while you're there.

Yes, I am getting excited just thinking about this.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

And now the Eagles have reached agreement with former Dolphins CB Nolan Carroll. Philly moving and shaking.

so now we have 3 starting caliber corners? .hmmm....lot of depth or maybe someone gets traded/cut? i think williams has guaranteed money coming in a few days
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I hear you. Route 1 to Foxborough is awful. That said, the new Niners stadium is 45! miles outside of San Fran and is essentially in San Jose in Bay Area traffic.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Were you at the birds/saints game where the saints held the ball for the last 8 minutes and kicked a FG as time expired? That's the one I was at and it was brutal. Forget what year that was.

See, I think NO might be the most aggressive city in the country for drinking/drugs. Vegas and NYC are close, but I think NO takes the title. 3 for 1 all day happy hours in pretty much every bar you come across. There's no fighting sobriety while you're there.

Yes, I am getting excited just thinking about this.
    It could've been, I'm pretty sure it was - are you talking about the '06 game? That had to be the game, because they won in '07. Only other game in that time period was the playoff game, and I wasn't there for that.

Other than the loss that trip was ridiculous. We had a fucking parade - a fucking parade - down Bourbon Street of at least3000 people from Philly strong. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more. Good times.

I gotta go with Vegas. Just the idea of Vegas turns me into the next coming of Hunter S. Thompson.
  • Options
    Phils play Oakland the 3rd weekend in September...fingers crossed for a double dip.
  • Options
    getting back to this trade. I really don't get it. Such an amaro-like move. 30 year old player will give you declining production (he's nowhere near the player he used to be), they gave away a 5th round pick in deepest draft in last decade (now giving them only 6 total picks), guy only has one year left on his contract (they better not extend him), they have numerous glaring needs and RB is not one of them.

I know bryce brown and sproles have completely different skillsets, but I think it makes a lot of sense to move brown if they can acquire more picks. Go with polk as the backup RB and grab an undrafted guy to be your 4th RB/ST contributor.
  • Options
    They essentially turned Sopoage into Sproles. I don't see the downside. Brown is gone, Polk is your RB to go against McCoy but still isn't totally proven. And now you got a guy who can return kicks and punts. Don't see the downside.
  • Options
    They gave away a pick (in the deepest draft of decade) for one year of diminishing returns on a 30 year 3rd down RB. LIke someone else mentioned, he's not a great returner. I just think they wasted an asset...and in doing so haven't filled any of their many key needs.

• Options
    The Fixer said:

They gave away a pick (in the deepest draft of decade) for one year of diminishing returns on a 30 year 3rd down RB. LIke someone else mentioned, he's not a great returner. I just think they wasted an asset...and in doing so haven't filled any of their many key needs.

They still have plenty of picks, and the way it goes now the offense won't see a lot of those picks. I think you're just overvaluing a superfluous pick. It deep in certain positions, but not everywhere. They added a weapon that you can't even see how he's used until September. You can't get any more spread than Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Ertz, Sproles. I'll take these 5 weapons on the field all at the same time than any other combination on this roster (fuck Cooper), possibly over any other team in the league at that, especially with a patient QB like Foles.

Offense is set, CB is set, need a pass rusher, another safety, NT. I think they can still address all of this perfectly fine with what they have in the draft, along with free agency.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The Fixer said:

it was the extra 5th rounder they got for the isaac sopoanga trade. no big loss.

sproles was one of the most productive pass catching rb's in the league last year. he will excel in this offense. i love the trade.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Teams can't hit on the 1st overall pick with certainty let alone a 5th. Tucker was the 4th RB last year.

Why does everyone over react to every single move? They still have time, about 6 weeks I believe, until the draft. That's plenty of time to acquire more picks if they feel the need. Things are moving in the right direction.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I like the Sproles trade alot. It'll make this offense even faster and scarier. Really hoping for a proven NT and Safety in Free agency. Maybe BJ Raji or Chris Clemons?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Raji got locked up, and Clemons is not a NT and was signed by Jaxville.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Th

Raji got locked up, and Clemons is not a NT and was signed by Jaxville.

Clemons the Safety from Miami I meant. And Raji hasn't signed yet.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    An old fat slob coming off a late season Achilles injury? No thanks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

An old fat, LARGE, slob that clogs up the middle and by accident could still warrant two blockers? No, thank you very much.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

An old fat, LARGE, slob that clogs up the middle and by accident could still warrant two blockers? No, thank you very much.
    touche
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited March 2014

The Fixer said:

They still have plenty of picks, and the way it goes now the offense won't see a lot of those picks. I think you're just overvaluing a superfluous pick. It deep in certain positions, but not everywhere. They added a weapon that you can't even see how he's used until September. You can't get any more spread than Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Ertz, Sproles. I'll take these 5 weapons on the field all at the same time than any other combination on this roster (fuck Cooper), possibly over any other team in the league at that, especially with a patient QB like Foles.

Offense is set, CB is set, need a pass rusher, another safety, NT. I think they can still address all of this perfectly fine with what they have in the draft, along with free agency.

They only have 6 picks in a deep draft. Those picks are valuable. I think sproles is an unnecessary luxury. Probably could have picked a guy like deanthony thomas in the 5th round and he could have more value than sproles does this year, depending on where he ends up.

not saying sproles sucks, he will play a role. just not the guy he used to be. I wouldn't have given away a fifth for one year of a 31 year old third down back..

also, I def don't think they are set at corner. If you look at the roster every defensive position needs an upgrade
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    /
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

They only have 6 picks in a deep draft. Those picks are valuable. I think sproles is an unnecessary luxury. Probably could have picked a guy like deanthony thomas in the 5th round and he could have more value than sproles does this year, depending on where he ends up.

not saying sproles sucks, he will play a role. just not the guy he used to be. I wouldn't have given away a fifth for one year of a 31 year old third down back..

also, I def don't think they are set at corner. If you look at the roster every defensive position needs an upgrade
    1- sproles is not just a 3rd down back. i think he will be used more as a receiver than as a running back, maybe in the slot with avant gone. maybe line both him and shady in the backfield. the eagles will have a ton of match up advantages with him next year. he'll be on the field way more than some run of the mil 3rd down back. sure he's lost a step but he was one of the most productive pass catching rb's in the entire league last year. the fact that he isn't used as much as an rb kind of makes him a "young" 31 too.

2- they gave up their extra 5th rounder. so they basically traded isaac sopoanga for darren sproles--i will do that any day of the week.

3- this team loves having an abundance of draft picks. they have made a re commitment to build this team through the draft the last couple years so there's not a doubt in my mind that they only make 6 selections. they've got a bunch of chips right now in curry, graham, one of the rb's and demarious johnson. for comparison's sake, andy reid also only has 6 picks right now with kc, but we all know he will trade down or something to acquire another pick or two. it is still sooo early...

4- you think all 11 players need to upgraded on defense? they certainly need a few but there is plenty of time to make that happen.

mr roseman is just getting started here.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    But seriously - how is Calvin Pryor gonna be there at the 22nd pick? I just don't see it.